I see laughter in the grave
[html]

Character Name: Kirin “Finch” Kasarian
Character Birthdate: Febuary 13, 2006
Whether he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Your e-mail: kirinwolfe at hotmail.com
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: A member here

Finch might have been considered, by some, to be crazy. He certainly didn’t think of himself as crazy; in fact, he was fairly certain he was the most sane person he’d ever met. Which, he supposed, really wasn’t saying much considering his knowledge of other coyotes extended only to his own rather eccentric family.

But, he thought as he examined the wolf skull that was jeering down at him from atop a stick, he was not crazy. Just because, unlike other canines, he wasn’t so wrapped up in the world that he couldn’t see the irony in it didn’t make him crazy. It just did, apparently, make him much happier then everyone else. For example, most canines, when faced with a sun-bleached skull on a pole, wouldn’t be grinning. But Finch just found it funny to think about how skulls always looked so happy. They were always smiling. The poor sap whose skull was currently so jauntily surveying the flat plain was probably doing more smiling now then he ever had when he was alive– what a wasted life. Could you really call existing ‘living’ if you weren’t having fun doing it?

”Tough break, bud,” Finch told the skull cheerfully and completely unsympathetically. It wasn’t that he hated wolves, like so many coyotes seemed to; Finch didn’t hate anyone, not really. Not even the brother that had once tried to kill him, and had killed his sister. He just really didn’t have any empathy, either. “But hey, think of it this way. At least you’re taller now!”

So what was Finch doing here, right at the border of Inferni land, if he didn’t dislike wolves? His mother had once talked about the Inferni pack; she had hated wolves with a passion, and often told her children that if they joined a pack it had better be Inferni. His mother had respected the coyote pack’s attitude towards wolves. This seemed a good enough reason to join Inferni as to join any other pack, despite the fact that Finch didn’t like or respect his mother any more or less than he liked and respected everyone else in the world. Finch really wasn’t picky about the kind of canines he surrounded himself with. He could have fallen in with a gang of heartless serial killers and still considered them the best buddies a guy could ever have. Finch didn’t exactly see the world the way other canines did. His version was a much happier place, for one thing.

Finch lowered his gaze from the grinning skull. Well, he was here, he was going to attempt to join, he might as well do it right. Let’s see… his mother had taught him this… Finch considered. First, he had to have the right position. In his own lone wanderings, Finch had never had to worry about his posture. Now, though, he tried to remember how a submissive coyote was supposed to act; respect was not something Finch found easy to show. After a moment of thought, he lowered both his tail, which was usually waving happily, and his ears. ”How do I look?” he asked his cheerful companion, the sun-bleached skull, ”Properly pathetic? Sad? Think I should try ditching the smile?”

[/html]
[html]
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Ground.jpg);">

Welcome to Inferni! ;D I noticed you said he was born within the pack, may I ask who his parents were? And if it's made up, I think you might have to ask permission. Big Grin

Faolin had been up since the crack of dawn, sleep really did not find her so comfortably anymore. Restless, waking up with nightmares, all of it had gotten to her head. The lack of sleep was irritating, but she never felt tired and being cooped up with her own thoughts laying there at night was really taking a toll on her, and she could not help but act out a bit. Gabriel had spent a couple nights awake with her, they just talked while Talitha and Ezekiel slept. The red femme sighed giving her head a shake, but a moment later the scent of a stranger filled her senses putting her on berserk mode.

Lips curled back in a menacing snarl and a deep growl rose in her throat audible to anyone around her. If it was that damned wolf back to get another piece, oh she would give him so much hell and grin the entire time. Crimson eyes drifted along the border, petite paws carrying her over the dry ground below her, softly, silently like a real killer. If it was that wolf, well, so many thoughts of what she could do with him ran through her mind, and the blood thirst driving her mind was intoxicating. First of all, she would rip him apart, piece by piece, no she would not kill him, she would take a different approach. She would castrate that bastard and force him to eat his own flesh, she would maim him, make fun of him. Leave him there begging to be finished until she would finally rip every organ from the inside out and leave him in a bloody mess along the borders of his pack, show them exactly what they were dealing with. Oh, it would not take much to push the femme over.

But, that would not happen today.

A male was sitting on the borders, talking to himself? Or the skull that hung from the pole they set up at their arrival. Faolin grinned, she could still just have as much fun, more members were always welcome and he did not seem he wanted to kill them at least. Oh, well. Gabriel was always a short shout away if she really needed any help at all. The children were back at the den probably curled up asleep still. Ears flicked behind her, making sure that Talitha or Ezekiel had not gotten out and was following along silently behind after. After a quick look over her shoulder, the red queen made her entrance. Faolin was not one of the bigger coyotes, let along wolves, she knew, but she was menacing looking. A couple scars from previous fights were evident on her body, but most of her thick rusty fur covered it. Blood red eyes surveyed the male and she grinned giving her head a small shake.

"Pathetic? There is no one pathetic in these lands," she stated simply, coming to a halt a good two meters in front of the male. She rolled her shoulders back and pawed at the spot below her before standing comfortably with her tail raised and arched over her back. Cream muzzle tilted to the side as she looked the coyote over. Normal, for the most part, she noted a patch over his eye and looked him up and down, young. "Why are you here?" she queried, waiting for a good answer. He was disturbing her thoughts after all and unless he had a good reason for showing up on their door step she would have fun chasing him away.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Footer.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 396px; height: 58px;">
[/html]
[html]

His presence on the border seemed to have drawn a member of the pack. Finch watched her approach with mild curiosity, his tawny head cocked to one side and his ears sneaking slowly back up into their usual alert positions. She was slightly smaller than him; he was tall for a coyote, if not nearly so heavy or muscular as most. It was her coloring that interested Finch the most, however; looking at her gave him the curious sense that she was standing behind a sheet of red glass. She was, he decided, a coyote forever walking in the light of a sunset. Finch himself had the usual sandy coat of a coyote, with the exception of the dark circle around his right eye and the black sock on his left back foot. She looked like she’d been dipped in fire; he just looked as if he’d had an amusing accident with a bottle of ink.

When the pack coyote halted in front of Finch, he suddenly remembered his manners. His ears dipped back down, and he bent his knees to lower his body a little. As far as he could remember, that was the proper way act around a pack canine. Why did all these rules have to be so complicated? “Of course not, Madame,” he replied, using his best polite voice. He couldn’t, however, wipe away his perpetual smile. Finch was about as likely to stop smiling as he was to ever actually kill someone: he’d never do it.

Faolin probably didn’t have the effect on Finch she was expecting. A scarred, tough-looking leader of a pack would make most lone coyotes at least a little nervous or worried. However, Finch continued to look just as cheerfully unruffled as he had while chatting with the skull. The reason? Finch was completely fearless. Not, of course, out of any sort of courage or bravery; both implied that he was afraid and simply didn’t let it stop him. No, Finch just wasn’t afraid of anything. In his mind, injuries and death were just things that happened to other people. Usually funny things that happened to other people.

"Why are you here?" the sunset coyote asked.

Hmm, why was a very good question. Finch usually didn’t bother with whys. He did things; he never really questioned why. He’d found that if you started interrogating yourself with difficult questions like that, the answers you got were rarely satisfying and you could get quite frustrated with yourself. Finch suspected, however, that this pack coyote wanted a much simpler answer. “To join, I suppose,” Finch answered, his tail giving a slight twitch that suggested he had only barely managed to stop it from giving a happy wag. “I’ve been told this is the best pack, and your welcome committee here,” Finch nodded up at the grinning skull, “seems happy enough. My name’s Kirin Kasarian, but most just call me Finch.”

[/html]
[html]

Haha, Kirin is so awesome. <3

Faolin could not help but let a small smile spread across her lips. Liking a rising sun it slowly crept over her lips until it was evident she was smiling. This male had amused her, his mannerisms, his jokes, it surely brightened up her day. New coyotes were always welcome and she was suddenly not so thirsty for his blood. Instead she was happy and ready to add him to the ranks, if all he could do was make them laugh, that would be enough. The clan needed to be lightened up every so often, especially in weeks such as the few come to pass. There were a couple things she needed to get out of the way first and being the leader she guessed she really did not need to call on Gabriel to accept him. This really would be her first real joinee.

"Lots look to join, and many of that bunch leave unfortunately," her smile turned into a slight frown before she shook her cream and red muzzle, crimson eyes sitting on the fine male before her. "What do you have to offer? Everyone can hunt, scout and fight, perhaps you are better at one of these things, perhaps you have some strange talents. Fishing, perhaps? or maybe you talk to ghosts, not sure how that would be of help, but it would be interesting none-the-less," she rambled, giving her head another shake. That was Faolin, always rambling, she stopped and awaited a reply from the sandy coloured brute in front of her.

"We seem to be the biggest pack around here, the only coyote clan though. Inferni has been around for years, but I must warn you the wolf pack's around here tend to give us trouble every once in a while." Trouble? That was an understatement. The current threat the wolves posed was dangerous. The last joiners, a woman and child, got ripped to shreds after touching the sands not hours before. The girl squinted visibly as she thought about their remains strewn across the lands. It made a sickening feeling rise in her gut, but she managed to push it down with all her might and hold herself like the Praetorian she was. Relaxing slightly, Faolin sat down, tail curling around her paws and she sat up straight in a very cat-like manner, awaiting a response.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Footer.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 396px; height: 58px;">
[/html]
[html]

Finch was now faced with a conundrum: was sitting down disrespectful? He’d never really bothered to try and learn all the correct manners back home. Now, though, he was getting rather tired of standing, and wanted to sit– but had no idea if that was one of the big ‘no-no’s or not. Finch considered the problem as the pack coyote addressed him. First she asked him what skills or talents he had, then continued on at some length. Back home, listening to his mother’s many lectures on how the world worked (she was usually wrong) and how terribly evil wolves were (Finch had yet to render a judgment on this particular matter, but he suspected she was, again, usually wrong), Finch had mastered the art of looking extremely attentive while paying absolutely no attention at all to the actual conversation; he employed that skill now.

Surely a low ranking wolf had to be allowed to sit in the presence of a higher ranking one. Otherwise, wouldn’t the lowest-ranking wolves just collapse from exhaustion by the end of the day? But before Finch could logic his way through the seemingly impenetrable jungle of polite society, he realized that Faolin had finished speaking and a response was required from him. What had the question been again…? Oh, right, talents. “Strange talents, Madame Sunset?” Finch’s grin widened perceptibly. He’d always wanted to say this. “I see worlds in a drop of dew, I see rainbows in a splash of gray. I see laughter in the grave, I see lives I’ve never lived in every summer day. I,” Finch finished his little chant with obvious pride, “am a storyteller! And, unfortunately, an incorrigible liar. I can’t help it, it comes with the job. At least I’m a good liar. Eh, and I’m pretty decent at most other things. Fast learner, good memory.”

And yet he’d never learned or couldn’t remember whether a wolf attempting to join a pack was trying to sit down. He chuckled to himself. Hopefully Faolin would assume he was laughing at what he’d said a moment before, and not just think he was crazy. One of these days he was really going to have to learn not to laugh at the jokes in his own head.

Just in case the pack wolf suspected he hadn’t actually been listening to her, Finch decided to address something else he’d heard her say. People just seemed to get upset when you didn’t listen to every word they said, though Finch couldn’t understand why. Except when he was telling a story, even he didn’t listen to every word he said. “Trouble doesn’t bother me,” Finch said cheerfully. He was, like the child who happily plays with his father’s gun, completely unconcerned by a concept that he had just never managed to grasp the implications of. “I’ve already been nearly killed once, and it wasn’t so bad. Kind of ridiculous, but hey, who says life has to make sense? The possibility of having a preposterous and random accident, perhaps involving rather portly wolves riding giant squirrels, is what keeps life interesting!”

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, I was going to reply last night then out of the blue my dad made it a rule that the internet is disconnected at 11pm every night from now on. :|

A storyteller! Now that was exciting, in a way. Faolin loved stories but she was not sure how the rest of the pack would take him in. The male seemed crazy enough that he could fit in a Faolin smiled when her two puppies came into mind. Perhaps he could look after them a bit too? He could probably keep them entertained so she did not have to worry so much when coming out to the borders that one of them were not following a couple meters behind her. They had a tendency to do that sometimes, they liked to scare her out of her mind. Swishing her tail back and forth behind her, the femme rose to her feet giving a curt nod.

"A storyteller would be good, I have two pups of my own, perhaps if you are interested you could watch them for me sometime," her eyebrow rose in question. It was a definite yes, he was much better than nothing and seemed more useful than a couple joiners that had been coming in. They all had their special little talents and traits, but as long as they did not bring trouble with them and they were not completely useless Faolin was all for accepting any new members.

"For now you will be put at Tirones, and if you prove yourself worthy I'm sure my mate will bump you up in the ranks. I'm Faolin Mogotsi, Praetorian. My mate, Gabriel de le Poer is the Aquila here. You'll know him when you see him," she smiled giving a dip of her head to the new member. Crimson eyes gave him a last glance before turning back towards the lands of Inferni, tail wagging slightly behind her. The girl trotted off, back towards her den. "If you need anything don't be afraid to ask, just find yourself a den, there is a huge group of them and you could claim one of the dens there that aren't being used," she tossed her muzzle towards the area she had been talking about before disappearing into the trees that bordered Inferni.
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]