in the rush of time
The black male was healing, his chest was still in a lot of pain, but he would make sure to take it easy. Though there was many things around the pack that needed to be done. Winter was coming up and it would make food harder to find, and harder to catch. Winter was the time of year that young pups died, and old pack member would slip away in the frost of night. He wanted to make sure that none of it's members would have this sicken, and sad fate happen to them. The black male would hunt till he wasn't able to hunt any more if that so was the fate that the past leaders would put onto his black shoulders.

He seen a heard of elk moving, the male tail twitched, there was no more then five. The pack could take them down, if they planed there game right, they could take them down, and they could all feed off of one elk, and take the other's back to the pack for the any member that wasn't able to get to have a many meals. Marking the lands with his sent, the male was going to come back for them, he wasn't going to let this pass up. The male didn't care any more about needed to leave any to raise more, food wasn't going to be easy to get come two, or three months. Now was the time to act, now was the time to call forth all the powers, and strike.

Taking back a few meters, he lifted his head to the sky, howling. It wasn't a demand, no frankly he wasn't a leader of anything, even the shadow's mocked him. The black male wanted to hunt, and wanted to member of the pack that was able to hunt to come with him. There would be more then enough for the pack members to share with family and friends that lived out side of these lands.

The black male couldn't stand still, his mouth watered, the sheer thought of the blood from the elk's made him want to risk his own life for the chance of a great and wonderful meal that was able to be theres.
[html]

Kieran had been relaxing, simply passing the time alone with his thoughts as he hummed a sweet tune. He leaned up against a tall tree whose leaves were fading with autumn’s arrival while he contemplated his day thus far. Earlier he had spent his time silently examining the system of caves the pack used as a sort of community den, where they could all come together. It was a different system, unique in that it brought the whole pack together to bond in a common home. It gave him a comforting sense of togetherness that made the pack feel more like a family.

His humming stopped short, ears perking as the sound of a howl flowed through the air. A pack mate, one he wasn’t sure he was familiar with, had taken it upon himself to initiate a hunt. Pack hunts were always nice, allowing the wolves to work together to bring down tougher or even numerous prey. It was another activity that brought the pack closer together, and something Kieran always enjoyed. It didn’t seem that the source of the call was too far off, perhaps only a few minutes away. A hunt right about now was a good choice. With winter only so far off, the more food they could get right now, the better.

He brought himself to his feet, glanced around for a moment as he recalled the direction the howl came from and took off with a quick trot. Before too long he spotted the other male, and slowed his pace as he approached. The other appeared very eager to begin the hunt, unable to keep still. “Hello there.” He nodded his head in greeting. “I’d be glad to lend a hand in the hunt.” His golden eyes made a quick examination of the unfamiliar male before shifting to the horizon as he wondered about the location of the prey.

[/html]
[html]

Lucifer's voice rang out, calling. She perked her head up, looking around. Where had the call come from? She took a random guess and headed in the direction she assumed the call came from. in moments, she discovered she was right. She took a moment to shift into the four leggedform before joining the two males. She nuzzled Lucifer fondly, her tail wagging gently. She looked to the other male, looking more at his feet than his face. She'd only just joined. her coat still smelled of Clouded tears, and faintly of storm, but mostly of lucifer. She spoke softly, almost shyly.
She looked to her mate as if looking for reassurance. She didn't want to upset him in anyway. While she could always return to storm...if Phoenix would allow it...she preferred to stay with her mate. this time she wouldn' chase him away. She belonged at his side after all.

[/html]
[html]
The female turned her head, listening to the call as it sounded off. A hunt? She left her children, both the elder and the young, to do as they please and dragged herself out of the den into the chilling autumn. Already winter was fast approaching, and the young mother was not prepared for her youngest offspring's approaching six month birthday. To think she had been alone that long, that she had been without mate or mother, or even lover for so many moons. With a soft sigh she finally found the circle of beings - her pack.

A small, kind smile was given to them, though her eyes narrowed on Deuce. She remembered the incident with that dark male (not her dear Lucifer, naturally!) who had told her some strange name and denounced her grandchild. She bit back the cold words though, and turned her eyes towards Lucifer. "I see we have plans for today?" A growing smile formed on her lips and she waited, amber hair caught in the wind. Her halfling form had been chosen, the shawl discarded at home. Her hair, still curling, was not the long mane of her were form, rather, it stopped bluntly at her shoulders. She waited eagerly, looking all the part of a monster as the tattoos on her chest, the marks of her family and her tribe, flashed dangerously, their chocolate hue contrasting the red of her fur like a silver knife against a warm, willing body.
[/html]
[html]

When the unfamiliar call came, Theo was busy with the pack-steed with whom he'd crossed the wide, unfamiliar ocean. Although he professed that the pony was little more than a useful beast of burden, the journeyman weaver took great pains to see that the little Shetland lacked nothing. He told himself it was because a well-cared for animal was the best worker, but a tiny part of himself wondered if it was not just because he liked the company of a familiar being. Other than his material possessions and many a fond memory, the equine was the only bit of home he had. Thus, it was with some reluctance that he left his traveling companion to his own devices and headed in the general direction of the howl.

By and large, the landscapes of the Ashen Mountain were still unfamiliar; therefore, the path he took was probably not the most sensible one that existed. But it got the job done, and he soon found himself surrounded by unfamiliar faces. He felt a little out of place, being fully shifted and wearing leggings, but there was not use pretending to be anything other than what he was. Being neither shy nor remarkably outgoing, he joined the party without comment. Recognizing Fatin, he bowed quickly and then set himself about the task of remembering his new packmember's faces.

[/html]
There was no question that the male was ready to leave, and leave now. It didn't matter that there really wasn't that huge of a turn out. There was five counting him-self, an unlucky odd number. However the male was humbled that any one showed up. He would willing take on any member that made the choice to come to the hunt after they had taken off, it wouldn't take more then a second or two to inform them. Though if he did stop longer then what was needed, they could lose the heard. It wasn't something he wanted to play with in his head.

The male gave a nod to each member that came, first it was a black male, like him-self. He dipped his head, with a greeting of hello. The male wasn't mean, he wasn't cold hearted, he just wasn't gifted with the gift of gab. Wasn't that one of them female's gifts? Female's or gay male's that just was that much like the females. Then came her the woman that was to be his mate, but was it wrong that he was still mad at her? It wasn't that he didn't love her, that was wrong, he would kill any one that hurt her. He gave a soft snarl to her and swung his head away from her, his eyes told her that she was just getting getting her paws wet ,in this ocean of madness. Next, his beloved savior, he view her as an Aunt figure. The male stop the snarl at the white lady, lowering his body to the ground to her. She had saved his life, he owed it to her to show her that she didn't make a flawed mistake trusting him with in her lands. Then there was the grey shifted male, he dressed how Lucifer dressed when he first came to these lands. He couldn't help but to chuckle, in his own rights.

"Look there is a small gathering of elk, There is enough for all of us, as it stands. I can share my with the pups. I would like to drive them into a trap, a group of you on one side, and I'll take another group and lead them into the frist group and then we will attack."
[html]

Sorry, sorry. -.- It took me longer to reply than expected.

Kieran remained silent as one by one, more wolves arrived. His golden eyes observed silently as the female approached, fondly nuzzling the black male only to recieve a snarl and the cold shoulder in return. He raised an eyebrow at the scene, but said nothing. Before long another female arrived, reddish in color and already in halfling form, follow shortly by another male who was fully shifted and garbed in clothing. The male examined the group momentarily, noticing the polite bows and respect given to the female in half form. Thinking back to when he had first joined, Kieran recalled being told of two female alphas. Assuming her to be Fati.n, the other alph.a female, he offered her a respectful bow as well.

A few moments passed with no approach from other pack members. The male who issued the call took the chance to explain the situation to those who gathered. Kieran listened silently as he shared a plan with them, still looking quite eager to begin the hunt. The dark male couldn't blame him for being in a hurry; as time ticked by the elk could be wandering farther away, and with winter's fast approach hunting was a high priority now. Kieran nodded once the male had finished speaking, glancing about and silently wondering where the herd was at now. "Sounds like a good plan to me. I could go with you to start the chase, if you'd prefer." His words were calm, though his excitement for the hunt was beginning to build.

[/html]
The pale mother flinched as Lucifer rebuked her. She stepped back, only to catch the cold look F.atin gave her. She looked down, feeling depressed, wanting to slink off and hide now. Instead she took a breath and straightened, focusing on the hunt rather than her hurt. She took a deep breath.

She wanted to go with Lucifer, but knew he wouldn't let her. She hesitated, then spoke, her voice subdued. I'll go where you tell me to. Her eyes said clearly she meant it in more than in regards to this hunt.
[html]
The female was itching for a hunt. It was surging in her blood, rising in a wave that threatend to crash over her, drown her completely. She saw the way Deuce reacted, and felt almost a sick satisfaction. She witheld her curt comments though, knowing it was best for her to hold them inside. No need for such upsetting behavior in front of the rest of the pack. I am fast, but not large enough to take them down. Let me drive them out, and you wait to ambush them. if the two of us run together, we can separate the kill and eill be able to guide to better." Nurturing, her soft tones were directed only at Lucifer, as her gaze was resting on him. She did not want to be responsible for failing her pack as her strength, in times, failed her. Her speed, however, was stable enough that she trusted it to guide her purpose well.
[/html]
[html]

In Theodoric's homeland, hunting was more a tradition than a necessity. Hunting kept them all fit and supple, and reminded them all that they were proud lupines and not the degraded remnants of humans. Therefore, the journeyman weaver could hunt. He was neither a graceful nor particularly good hunter, but he could get the job done without embarrassment or undue danger. "I'll go where you send me," he commented meekly. Being the newest of new and therefore having none of his usual self-confidence the gray luperci let himself be directed. Bsides, in order for success, a hunt needed followers as critically as it needed leaders.

[/html]
Lucifer was more then pleased with how so many came out to help get the hunt taken care of, Lucifer had to think quick about how he wanted every one to move, he didn't want one to feel like there job was any thing less then the others, Lucifer however didn't want any one left out, and wanted every one to be where they wanted to be. He sniffed the air, his paws danced ready to go, he could taste the rustic flavor of blood in his mouth.

"Fatin and Kieran, could you start the heard on the run, I will be joining you guys? Deuce could you and Theodoric, rush the hunt to the trap, By that time they would see that they don't have any where to go, and then we will act as one, and take down as many as we can but making sure that no one gets hurt. If any one gets hurt I'm calling this off, I don't care if we come out with nothing. I refuse to put any member of this pack life on the stake. Every one clear? Any questions?"
[html]

Kieran watched in silence as his packmates spoke, watching their every action with curiousity. He saw the white female shrink back in response to both Lucifer and Fatin. There was something going on between them, but he couldn't be sure of what it was. Either way it was really none of his business, so he focused once more on the dark male in front of him. He listened intently as he gave a few instructions to the group, making a mental note of the names of the members he had just met.

He nodded in response, beginning to picture how the hunt may go in his head. "I'm fine with that," he muttered, taking a few steps away from the group. Kieran began to shift, his body soon forming the large, halfling shape. Whether or not their plans ended up changing, he felt it would be best to be in the large, muscled form. It was a sight guaranteed to spoke the elk, and the extra speed would help in keeping up with the prey and directing them to the ambush. A moment later the transformation was complete. He turned toward the hunting group, prepared to leave once directed.

[/html]
She only nodded, not trusting her voice anymore. She silently began to move off, sending one timid glance to her mate before moving into the brush. She didn't look to see if theodoric followed, just circled around to where she and her partner would wait, as commanded. She didn't look left or right, just stared intently at the area where the herd would come from.

The last few hunts she'd been involved in had been disasterous. Hymn had been wounded in a hunt she herself had led, thinking the child was old enough to help in some small way. But the pup, as she'd been at the time, had been injured. Erik had taught her some basic skills, but the pallid mother still lacked the refined sense of grace most wolves owned when it came to the hunt.
Sorry for the wait every one!! Since it's been over a month since any one posted. Lets just wrap it up with Every did every thing wonderful! They eat, and there was some to spare. Again Thank you all for joining! Be on the look out for the next pack game! Don't forget your points Smile