I don't breathe the way I used to.
[html]

Word Count: 380

I forgot to ask if you wanted to have this sent before or after the raid, so it can be either way with the way I wrote my post. I am fine with either way! Just let me know so I can figure out where it sits in my timeline.

The air was moist, she could feel the heaviness of rain on it. Her head tilted back to gaze at the clouds overhead. They were dark, ominous, foreboding. Not at all good for the cloud watching that she enjoyed. The girl was disappointed by this, but didn't let it bring her down. Storms were good for the earth and for the pack, so she could hardly begrudge their existence. It wasn't her favorite kind of weather but it had its perks. Sometimes the lightning was pretty, but usually storms meant that Parker didn't spend time outside. It meant that she headed home to the Mansion and holed up in her room. Perhaps today would be a good day to sort through and find some new feathers, she thought. Reflexively, she reached up to one of the black feathers that was tied into her hair. It was growing dull from being out and about with her. There were replacements in her room and in her satchel, though. She could spend the night winding new ones into her hair.

She entered the Mansion quietly, her satchel hugging tight to her side. For once, it was full of things that she had found while she was out and about. Some pretty rocks that she admired for the sparks of color in them, a handful of feathers, and a rabbit. The rabbit hadn't really been "found" so much as caught, though it had been an easy enough catch. The girl hadn't actually been on the hunt for it, the rabbit had almost literally fallen in her lap. As she was lying down and enjoying the sun, she had heard the rabbit running (presumably from another predator) and had thrown her satchel at it. Since it had already been filled with rocks, the satchel had been heavy. The rabbit went down, stunned (but not yet dead) and she had quickly finished it off. Parker hadn't decided if she wanted to eat it or if she was going to offer it to someone else yet. There was time to decide, though, as the meat should be good.

The girl walked toward her room with quiet, easy steps. Preoccupied by her own world and her own thoughts, though she was still listening to the sounds around her.

<style type="text/css">
.parkerdandelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#CDDCEA; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.parkerdandelion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.parkerdandelion p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.parkerdandelion {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#4577B2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... delion.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D0DF; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#7798C3; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I'm thinking for after. Thanks for starting!

Amata had spent her morning in the kitchen, checking to see how the packs supplies were doing. Anything to occupy her made the woman happy and making a list of the things they had and the things they needed was exactly what she needed to keep herself busy.

They seemed pretty well stocked, a few carcasses drying over a smoking fire to preserve the meat for later, a barrel full of grains that a member of the pack had found and a few eggs. Of course most of these things weren't necessities, the pack could survive off of meat alone, but when sustainable resources were attainable they were best kept for over the winter months and the pack was wise to do so.

Her list done Amata made her way towards the stairs that lead towards where her room was in the mansion, catching Parker's scent as she made her way up. With a huge smile in place Amata started taking the steps two at a time, black-tipped tail wagging jovially when her younger sister came into sight. “Parker!” She exclaimed, ponytail and braids bouncing as she ran up to the other cream colored girl, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, as always surprised that they were close to the same height. Even though Parker was now a year old she still viewed her as her little sister, her only sibling that took mostly after her father like Amata did. “How has your day been?”

Table template by the Mentors! Table by Noelle

<style>
.amata_flower01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.amata_flower01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.amata_flower01 b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.amata_flower01 { background-color:#c1d3e7; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9263/amataflower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; }
.amata_flower01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 220px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templates/ddmbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 300

Anytime! After the raid sounds good, too. Big Grin

Parker had heard her sister ascending the stairs quickly and half-turned to see who it was moving with such quickness to their steps. Because of the difference in pace, the young wolf hadn't recognized the sound of her sister's pawsteps. Amata's normal strides would have been familiar, because Parker had grown up with them around her. Every family member had their own distinct way of walking that she knew by heart. Especially since she was so quiet and focused, it was easy to recall sounds like that when she wanted to. When she did realize it was Amata, she felt her lips spread into a broad grin. It had been far too long since she had spent significant time with her older sister. The pair of lighter sisters amid the darker patterning of their other siblings.

As Amata's arm wrapped around her shoulder, Parker leaned into the embrace. Her own arm curved around the older girl's waist and pulled her sister into a hug. It was good just to smell Amata, to inhale the deeply familiar and comforting smell of family. Though she was a solitary wolf in many ways, there were exceptions. One huge exception was made for all of her family members. At the question, she shrugged her shoulders lightly. Pulling her satchel around and off of her hip, she pulled out the dead rabbit and offered it to Amata with a tilt of her head. Wondering if her sibling might want to use the rabbit for something. It was pretty much the answer to "how her day had been", too. This was the successful end to a day, bringing back food for the pack. Her older sister shouldn't be too surprised that Parker hadn't verbally responded, given that Parker didn't tend to be a very verbal communicator.

[/html]