Vigilance
[html]
Open to anyone, set a fair ways up the side of Halcyon mountain, maybe a fifth of the way between Shadowed Sun and Inferni. He's just sort of studying the territory from a high elevation.

The bronze warrior stood precariously on a steep incline, one part of the larger whole of Halcyon Mountain, his left hand gripping the trunk of a nearby tree, allowing him to lean forward. While his posture was that of someone lazily surveying the area below as if for curiosity's sake, his eyes gave away a more strict inner-discipline. He was surveying for the sake of knowing his surroundings, for the sake of reconnaissance. He didn't know how much it would be necessary, but his experiences in the War of Shadows had taught him that knowing the layout of the land was a big advantage. Intelligence was key, and perhaps the most important advantage anyone could have in a battle.

He wasn't the highest ranking wolf in this new pack of his, he hadn't been in his last pack, either. Nevertheless, he believed they would follow his guidance should any sort of conflict break out, given his war experiences. It had been suggested to him that the Infernians didn't want conflict right now, that they had children which they wanted to protect and didn't want trouble. It sounded plausible enough, but he had seen them put their children on the front line before...so if they wanted peace now, it probably wouldn't be long before those children became adolescents, and that was as long as the last coyote leader had waited.

So far, this new leader, Gabriel, seemed more stable than his mother had been. Skoll knew from reports from Noah and others that, while their new leader condoned the killing of children, he hadn't been noted to perform said killings himself. Also, Inferni hadn't invaded anyone since Gabriel's mother, Kaena had stepped down. Maybe Gabriel was more rational than his mother. These wolves would have to hope so, at any rate.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia was roaming, maybe even a little bit of hope that she wasn't totally crazy. However, the women never even thought she was crazy in the first place, it was the drugs effects she so claimed. Ever since her attack with Haku, she tried to cut back on her substances for the small factor of, she was flying high the night that she attacked Mew, the same reason Haku came to 'visit' the old women. Out here, it was quiet and she had half a mind still here. At least there were no killings of children and their mothers, thankful at least her children weren't going to be seeing any hangings of themselves because Gabriel wouldn't let that happen to family, not even just because it was through mate-ship but for the very fact that she was in Inferni, and Gabriel wanted the trust of everyone that lived in his home.
Looking around, Asphyxia noted on scents that were in a way familiar, other members of other packs. As she made her way, she noticed a wolf overlooking the landscapes. What was she to do up there with a wolf? She was sure that the wolf would not trust her, half the time Asphyxia did not trust herself. Without talking, the black lady stalked up to the man and effortlessly sat herself beside him, hoping he really wouldn't care that she was there. He probably would have guessed that if Asphyxia was going to attack or kill him, she would surely have done it by now.

[/html]
[html]

Just as he was considering Shadowed Sun's security against the Inferni threat, it seemed an emissary from that very group descended on his position. He was larger, and more intimidating in appearance, an appearance which did not mislead as to the danger it suggested. Still, he was only dangerous if it was a fight she was after; though he was easily capable of the same atrocities as the coyote queen who had heralded the time of unprovoked violence by Inferni, he was of a different temperament than she.

As the coyote woman approached his position, he consolidated his footing so that he wasn't hanging by his hand, and studied her as she came closer. His abilities in battle might be unparalleled, but carelessness invited death in this world of tooth, claw, fist, and blade. She was on the older side of the Souls' population, but still at least a couple of years younger than himself. Though he could smell Inferni wafting thickly from her, he did not take a fighting stance of any kind. She did not seem to be raring for a fight, at least not yet.

"Greetings. What can I do for you, miss?" He didn't know who she was, whether she was a direct relative of the ruling family of the coyote clan, a new member, an old member, someone who had participated in the slaughter at Aremys or someone who had come in after and had no idea why the clan warranted so much discrimination amongst the wolves. He knew that the myth was that it was racial, but he had never met a wolf who'd had a problem with coyotes before their encounters with Inferni.

[/html]
[html]

The lady looked at the man sitting next to her. He looked older than she, but she was the one looking old as well considering she was starting to grey, "When I figure out what I can do for myself.. I'll let you know." it was true, she had no idea what she wanted. A twig in front of her caught her interest and she started to twirl it in between her fingers. "I'm Asphyxia Holocaust." was all she left him with, a short introduction was needed if she was going to be sitting beside him, the least she could do is tell him who was sitting beside him... or with him, it was really hard to tell which one.
Asphyxia almost chuckled to herself, "Usually, when I see wolves, I try to kill them. I don't know what to do now, what are you useful for? Talking or killing and eating... it's a real hard decision." although, the female would never touch the man sitting next to her because right now, she was in no mood for fighting. Sorrow within her is all she had at that very moment, she grew up and calmed down. Maybe she should have spared Mew's blood, should have saved her babies that were no longer going to come because Asphyxia attacked Mew. If someone ever did that to Asphyxia, she'd want revenge, no wonder Haku did what he did. She deserved it, she wanted to cry.. but she trembled instead and wrapped her arms around her legs.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry if I'm a bit slow, finals week and what not.

Skoll raised an eyebrow (or what passed for one amongst wolves) as the strange coyote woman spoke. What an odd way to present one's self for a first impression. She was bold, that was certain. He was bigger than her, and had obviously seen his share of trouble in the past. Still...a lot of bold coyotes came out of Inferni. Maybe it was to be expected anymore?

"I'm probably not very good for fighting," he said after a moment, his voice even but a little tired. He wasn't in the mood for a fight either, though he had trained his mind and body hard to ensure that he was always ready for one at a moment's notice. Still, there weren't a lot of opportunities to just sit down and talk to these people. This woman sounded like she echoed Kaena's sentiments, but somehow seemed less intense. Kaena, after all, hadn't told him that's how she treated wolves, she'd attempted to show him.

"My name is Skoll," he replied to her after a moment. "I'm fine to talk for a time. I don't know what a woman such as yourself would want to talk about, though." That much was true. Discussing cannibalism wasn't exactly something he could do, but he wasn't sure a coyote who bought into the Inferni creed would be interested in any of his stories, or memories of the past.

[/html]
No problem, got the same deal going on here. P:
[html]

Asphyxia looked at the male as he stated the obvious, "You think?" her voice raised at the last word, making it crack like a little child going through puberty. After she cleared her throat and looked at him as he said he didn't know what she would want to talk about she looked away a moment, "Who knows...I sure don't. An old hag like myself, I'm not sure what anyone is interested in anymore." she looked at the male, "I'm pretty sure I've seen you around before...I don't remember your name though, if I ever learned it." sighing, this was a big step and she couldn't believe she was actually speaking to a wolf and she tried to make herself look bored, however, she wasn't at all considering that she wasn't the only hag around, judging by the male, he looked older than she did, but he sure did look good (wolf or not) for being older. Quietly, Asphyxia shifted herself so she was sprawled out, almost on her back with her elbows digging into the ground as she leaned back. How surprising it was to be so comfortable around a wolf that was male, considering after what had happened with Haku, "Anything interesting going on in your world?" that bored voice again, that barely fooled anyone.

[/html]
[html]

Lol, it's been a long day for me, too =P

Skoll furrowed his brows. He didn't recall her...he had known a few coyotes in these lands, Layla and Segodi and the Lykoi monsters, but he didn't remember anyone with her name or face. Taking his eyes away, he looked out over the lands again, his gaze surveying this new territory which he would now need to become familiar with.

"Well, like I said, my name is Skoll, but if we've met before, I can't remember it either. If you're an old hag though, I don't want to contemplate what that makes me." He was surprised how easy she acted around him, despite his size and appearance, not to mention the reputation he had around Inferni. Then again...maybe that wasn't as common as he thought it was. The leader of Jaded Shadows had attempted to run a smear campaign against him, but he had friends of his own, and he doubted that everyone she would have told minded someone putting the hurt on the coyotes in the middle of one of their murder attempts.

"Not too much," he said after a few moments. "Called in a bunch of friends to participate in a tournament a while ago. War buddies are good for that kind of thing. That was before the fire, though." He let his voice trail off as he contemplated just what was happening. This wouldn't be awkward except that he knew that this coyote seemed to hate wolves like Gabriel and the other crazy Infernians...why was she acting so comfortable?

"What about you and the other coyotes? How are the new lands treating you?" He could keep life and death tactical discussion out of things for now. He wasn't generally duplicitous enough to get information out of people like that anyway.

[/html]
haha.
[html]

Looking over at him, she nodded with a laugh, "Well lets just say I look more my age then you look yours." her laughing stopped and she turned away her face so she could look utterly annoyed, only at herself. Why the hell was she commenting stupid wolves?!?!? She looked back over at him, as he asked how her life was going. She sat back up and wrapped her arms around her legs. Asphyxia looked sad but tried to keep it off her face with no luck what so ever, "Well lets see, wolves go around raping Inferni members..oh and don't let me dare forget when he went off and killed a pup and her mother and dangled them from a tree.. I'm going to fucking kill Haku-" she stopped and looked at him, "S...sorry. The anger is still slowly falling off." she wondered if it was any more obvious of why she was so pissed at Haku, and it wasn't just because of the mother and coyote baby but for the god damn fact that he took away probably any sanity she had left. He took away her wall that was hers to keep up, he violated her personal space and he continuously haunted her mind, the women could barely even sleep.

[/html]
[html]

Ew...touchy subject =P

Skoll scowled at her words. It was a bad situation, one which he felt he himself was conflicted. He would be happy to hear of someone taking the fight to Inferni, letting them know that their malicious ways would be answered in kind, but from the sounds of it, that wasn't what was going on. Rape wasn't the act of an honorable wolf...someone who did that had either lost themselves to vengeance, or were themselves of evil demeanor.

"Rape is a heinous act. My sympathy goes out to the woman and her child that were murdered, and to any one who has been raped in this land. As for Inferni...well, I'm sorry, but I feel no remorse for the clan. Child-murdering is a sport there, as well as unannounced war, both without provocation. Murder is something which Inferni understands well, and indulges in needlessly and often. I didn't used to feel that way, but I've seen it with my own eyes. I've fought the clan's queen myself, and fought her progeny off of a little girl the vicious monsters intended to murder." His amber eyes had grown harder and harder as he spoke, an angry fire had set them aglow from somewhere within his soul. He turned back to face her, his eyes burning.

"I understand your anger, Asphyxia. You have every right to hate any wolf that would do such things to you or any innocent person. But don't think that Inferni is a victim. No one who knows the fate of Aremys could honestly think that true. I would have extended my heart, possibly even my help to the Inferni under Segodi, but times have changed." He looked away, and his eyes softened. Inferni had been a stain on the land ever since the coyote queen had come and corrupted it, but most people had no control over that.

The double-standards were sickening, nonetheless. Inferni went out and started fights, and then when it came back and bit the clan, its members played the victim card. He knew that not all of them knew better, but the fact that some wolves accepted this hypocrisy, and even helped to circulate lies to make it seem more plausible...it was just wrong. He hated all the politics that were involved...why was it that the wicked always hid behind the innocent? If anyone had been murdered, it should have been Gabriel or his mother. Whoever had murdered the woman this coyote woman had spoken of had clearly not been acting to attain vengeance for deeds of the past.

[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia was almost...embarrassed. She knew that Inferni was horrible, she knew that she was horrible, "Well I'm just fucked up and stupid." obviously she was because if she really wasn't fucked up, she wouldn't have tried to eat Mew as dinner and she wouldn't of had killed Mew's babies. If Asphyxia was in her right mind anymore, she wouldn't be having a conversation with Skoll, she wouldn't have done drugs in the first place...she'd fix everything. However, no matter how strong the women was, she just couldn't bring herself to actually admit out loud she needed help, wanted help. Plus, the only one who knew it, was Naloxone and he was long gone, or he would have been back by now.

[/html]
[html]

Trying a shorter post this time.

Skoll's head jerked backward in surprise. He hadn't expected that from her. She had been talking about eating wolves just a short time ago, and now she didn't have a word in defense of the clan? He knew the lies that Gabriel and his allies generally spouted, but...it was refreshing, he supposed, not to be met with the same drivel. His eyes drifted down to the soil for a moment.

"I think a lot of people here are fucked up and stupid," he said, still looking at the dirt. "I know that when I first arrived, I was ready to kill a wolf for stealing my food...killing had become so natural to me at that point that I let my principles turn my world black and white. Black and white meant that I didn't have to worry about sympathy or second chances, that I didn't have to worry about odd circumstances or people...if a thing was wrong, it was wrong, and I was entitled to use my fighting skills to punish them. I have grown up a lot since coming here."

[/html]
So here is a different side of Asphyxia no one will probably see again. xD
[html]

The black lady looked at him and nodded, "It's understood... I think that we all have a little growing up to do some point in time, even I do right now." she shook her head, she couldn't believe she was saying what she did. Asphyxia was a Holocaust! She was supposed to make sure that her name came down hard, that everyone was scared when her name was spoken. At that moment, however, she was acting as if Skoll was no different then she was. "Am I crazy? Do we have anything different between wolf and coyote really?" later, Asphyxia would have to sit there and use an excuse that she never meant a word to Skoll, although it was weird that she even carried on a conversation. The lady had grown from her hard shell a bit, especially after Haku.

[/html]
[html]

Lol, then I'll count Skoll lucky to have seen it!

"Maybe, but I never thought our differences were so great," he answered. "We're a little different in size, and most coyotes I've met don't like living in pack-sized groups, but besides those things I never noticed much. Even when I became an enemy of Inferni's ruling family, I never considered it to be about what race they were." That had not been a good day. He had fought an adult off of a young girl, then been attacked by two adolescents and another adult. It had later been circulated by Inferni and its allies that he had come in and attacked children. When they encountered someone weaker than them, they killed, when they encountered someone stronger, they lied. No honor at all...not in the Lykois, anyway.

"I've fought beside coyotes before, some who I would trust with my life. Hell, I was very close to a little coyote girl named Layla who grew up in my pack." He wouldn't mention his fling with Dravyn at this point...it hadn't gone all that far, but it would be further evidence that wolves and coyotes could get along just fine. No...this was a phenomena of individuals, not of race conflict. The Lykois, and maybe whatever enemies they had built themselves up to destroy, were the artists behind this tapestry of senseless hate. He had looked around, though. Whatever had made Kaena the maniac she was could not be found here. Just like how what made him who he was couldn't be found here, he guessed.

[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia was interested in Skoll when he spoke. It was a delicate matter but they both spoke freely about their lives and it made it seem...better, not quite. Looking down at her lap, she sighed, "We all knew that eventually this was going to happen..well something like it anyhow." she whispered her words, not yet wanting to yell out her defeat. "I'm sorry if I have wasted your time Skoll. However, thank you for this conversation... and even though we probably would get along...it's just safe to make sure that no one knows that we talked or there will be rumors of betray running around about me, because really I don't get along with wolves. I hope you understand..." she never made any sense anyways.

[/html]
[html]

Is that a rap?

He remained seated, simply nodding as she made her last remarks. It was her choice, and it wasn't imperative that anyone know about the conversation. It was to be expected that the coyotes had a self-sustaining culture of hatred, he guessed. Of course there would be whispers of betrayal within such a group. Many of them undoubtedly knew exactly how morally evil their actions were, some of them probably didn't fully condone some of the actions taken by their clan mates, and were possibly even unhappy with the situation as it stood. When a group took controversial actions, solidarity sometimes needed to be enforced. How low.

"Then the discussion never happened. Of all wolves, I think that Gabriel would particularly mind one of his members acting friendly towards me. Good bye Asphyxia. The next time we meet, we will be strangers." That seemed to be what was best, and what she wanted, and so he would do that.

[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia looked at Skoll hesitantly and then nodded with a small smile, "...Thank you, I was hoping you'd understand." with that she stood up and walked away with thoughts in her mind clouding over everything. Why was she so nice to Skoll? She must of had a pretty good day to not fight with him. However...for a wolf he was pretty damn nice himself. Even though they promised to be strangers, she wondered if she could do that to such a...wolf, like him. Although, he didn't seem to mind, well Asphyxia only hoped anyhow.

[/html]