now you're just somebody that i used to know
[html]

YAYAYAYAYA FAMBILY TIMEEEEEE Maggie’s in lupus :3 <33333
Words: 347

Magnolia, on a whim, had decided to visit her family again after months of silence. The idea had sprung up after her encounter with Xochime, and it had taken root in her mind. She missed Niro deeply, and now that whatever shit between them existed before, it was gone now and all she wanted to do was curl up with her father and spend the night in high spirits for once. Salsola definitely wasn’t the happiest place in the world and the Associate was sick of it.

The trek had taken over two nights. Magnolia was trying her best to rush, but she found herself hunting and dawdling which added to her time. She had switched to her beastly form because that was her fastest, choosing to spend an extended time as a four-legged beast for the first time since she was a puppy. Since learning to shift, she had ignored her true wolf form. Being on two legs had so many advantages that she couldn’t ignore, it was the right way to live in her mind. She felt so debilitated being on four.

Magnolia pressed on, quite exhausted by the time she reached her old home’s borders. The yearling sighed, memories pouring back into her tiny frame. It was overwhelming for a few moments, but she let those thoughts melt away as she continued walking into the heart of the territory. She wasn’t worried about border patrol because having your father as the Majordomo meant she wasn’t going to get hurt or turned away. Magnolia continued walking through her old home, a stranger now.

Niro’s house was finally in view. Nerves racked her body momentarily, and she slowed her breathing down to relax her. She had no reason to fret, Niro loved her. It was just a long time since she had been there. The girl let out a quick, friendly bark to let her father know she was back. The girl with the intertwined necklaces sat patiently on her petite haunches, waiting. She prayed her father was home.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle b {font-weight:bold; color:#c487bc; letter-spacing:1px}
.magicbottle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

WC: 509

“Daddy why do you have to do that? Is it to make bad spirits go away?”

Jiva asked as she watched Niro scraping the skin of a rabbit he’d killed. Niro looked at the boy, thinking, that could possibly be a good reason for it, but Niro was not a religious man. He had decided to take his work home with him to spend more time there, he missed his sister who had finally moved away, though it was back to that pack with that man, the one that had killed her son. He hated the thought thought, but there was nothing he could do about it but be there for her while doing his job in his own pack. His reason for being home was that he felt he was needed there. He didn’t have to work in the stables, it was just more roomy there. His cave home was rather nice and roomy, though with no windows it was dark and gloomy.

“No buddy, this gets the nerves and unneeded parts off the skin, I’m going to make you something for the fall. It will keep you cozy and warm.”

He said, once he had the fur skinned he was going to add it with the small pile of rabbit furs and swe them together into a makeshift cloak. It would look interesting with all the different fur colors, but that’s how he figured it would be unique, he’d make certain it looked like one piece of clothing though. His ears twitched as he heard a bark outside and Jiva jumped up.

“Someone’s here someone’s here!!!”

The boy exclaimed running at the door circling it waiting for his father to open the door. The boy was very excited now whenever there were visitors at home, it usually meant a pack mate and he’d been playing with a few already. It excited him to no end.

“Now Jiva don’t go bowling her over ok.”

Niro said, knowing who it was, he could tell her bark from anywhere. Opening the door he found his daughter sitting in her lupine form and smiled at her, Jiva came rushing out and then stopped, looking at Niro then at Maggie, as though he was seeing double. He could remember the girl, but she’d always been gone and he rarely saw her, so he was utterly surprised to see her again. Why was she here? He remembered the glares she gave him when he wanted to play.

“Magnolia, hi! It’s so good to see you! Did you find a place to live?”

Niro asked, he was so relieved to finally see his daughter. it had been far too long in his opinion and he didn’t know where she lived so he couldn’t go visit her. Maybe she would tell him now, then they could see more of each other. Though he did not have the slightest idea how far she lived these days.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]
[html]

I’m assuming he’s in optime. If he’s not, let me know and I’ll change it.

Whatever fear Magnolia held in her chest loosened and was let go the second the door opened. A pale boy bounded out of the house, her own half-brother that she abandoned. But Niro came out after a moment, and Maggie gave him the widest, warmest smile her petite maw could muster. Her father’s presence instantly calmed and centered the young Associate. He asked her where she lived, and the warmth on her face instantly turned into a shadow.

“I live in the north now,” was all she said. She wasn’t sure if her own father could know she was a part of the cult of Salsola. She had never told Niro about her time up north, or Larkspur, or why she even left in the first place. She sighed, jade eyes closing, trying to figure out what to say. “I’ve missed you,” she said quietly, making her way up to him and leaning against his tall frame.

All formalities finished, she looked down at her russet half-brother. “Jiva, I’m Maggie, your sister,” she said with a sad smile on her face. Jiva didn’t look like Niro, he looked like his mother. The thought depressed the girl, remembering what Niro had said about him when they had ran into each other a few months ago. “Do you remember me?” Magnolia had left the kingdom when he was tiny, she doubted he would. She turned her attention back to her mirror image, looking at him intently.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
She was happy to see him, this was good, because he was still never sure when she was going to throw a punch at him, or just walk away like she had before, though she'd never thrown one, but it would be a good reason to come back here. He returned her smile with one of his own. Happy to see his daughter he didn't miss the frown she'd given him. She had not given him a pack territory, and wondered why. He could smell a pack all over her. One he did not recognize. That disappeared when she mentioned she missed him and leaned into him. He was not used to this kind of affection from his daughter. He gave her shoulder a quick sympathetic squeeze, allowing her to stay there as long as she wanted.

"I've missed you too sweetheart. You know my doors are always open for you, if you need to spend any time here. I don't think Vigilante would mind at all as long as you don't cause any troubles for anyone else."

He said calmly the last bit being a bit of a joke. She turned her attention on the young pup beside Niro, and he'd suddenly started acting shy. The boy scuffled a paw in the dirt and looked down, then up, with his bi colored eyes.

"I 'member you a lil."

He said moving further into Niro's fur. Niro shrugged, the boy was either very excitable or very shy, it always depended on the person, he could understand Jira's shyness now, since Maggie had never really been that nice to him in the past, but she never showed outright hate either. He knew Jira would be all over her in a little while.

"Would you like to come in? Have a bite, or a drink?"

The man asked when she turned her attention on him. Now that she was here it reminded him that he had something for her, but that could wait, right now he would work with the pleasantries first.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

blahhhhhhh sorry . and I’m assuming they’re going into the hizzouse? Idk. I’m stupid. Hope the powerplay’s okay.

Jiva hadn’t given her the response she expected; he was shy and almost unwilling to talk to her. The Associate was disappointed in her half-brother. It’s not like she had abused him or treated him poorly; maybe one day Niro would explain her angst to him. He understood very well, and even though he didn’t like it he tolerated it like a bug flying too close to one’s face. It was just a sad fact of life; they had a fractured relationship and it was up to them to put the pieces back together. She thought maybe Jiva could be something that brought them close together again, but if he didn’t like her, the chances of that happening were slim to none.

Niro invited her inside and his daughter nodded in approval. That would be great, thanks, she said warmly, looking at her identical father. She walked into the house behind her family, knowing it was not her home anymore and therefore lagged behind her father. So how are things around here? Any news? Magnolia wanted to avoid talking about herself; she was here to see Niro and Jiva, not to spill all her secrets.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

WC: 408 OOC: Sorry this is so late ; ;

Niro could see the disappointment in Maggie's eyes, and looked at Jiva who looked at Niro. He couldn't really make the boy be nicer to her, nor could he make him less shy. He could understand, he knew her as family, but he still barely knew her at all. He let his daughter in and went to where he was skinning the rabbit. The meat was still out, and he wasn't sure if she liked cooked or raw. Amaranth had enjoyed her meat cooked, Niro could have it eitehr way. Smiling he looked at Maggie.

“Raw or cooked? I have some water over there in that bucket, there are cups and bowls by it.”

He said as he picked up a plate and seperated the meat for his daughter and son. He wasn't particularly hungry and would leave whatever was left to dry for storage. He put the plate on the table and smiled as she asked about news.

“I saw Foxglove not to long ago, I hope she has caught up with you? She did say she would look for you. She thought you were here at first, but was rather disappointed that you weren't. If you haven't seen her though, she is in AniWaya as a resident now.”

He knew how Magnolia missed her sisters, and he was sure she would have wanted to know about them. Thinking about that it reminded him of what he had for her. That could wait though first he was to serve his children food and small talk before getting into the bigger things.

“Strel, the big red man, he got promoted to the Dauphin, a pretty good rank, and well, not much more really.”

He doubted she knew Strel, but any of the other news was dull and drap in comparison and he was a good man altogether to at least be mentioned. He sat down at the table and Jiva did the same, in his own spot and started eating. He was keeping an eye on Maggie, seeing what she would do and making sure she wouldn't spring out like she was a monster. It wasn't that he thought she would do it because of experience, but he thought of that with many of the wolves around, and as he barely knew her, it was hard for the boy just to go on trusting her like Niro did.

<style type="text/css">
.razekuro b {font-weight:bold; color:#356491; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razekuro .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.razekuro p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razekuro {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d4dbff; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/33cvtwj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c7588; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
Big Grin
Words: 389
Table by Tawny!

Raw is fine, thank you, she said simply, not wanting to trouble her father any further. It was very kind of him to serve the girl food and not turn her away. The optime lady sat down and waited for her father to start eating before she served herself. This was his house now and the last thing she wanted to do was be rude. She listened to Niro talk and she watched the little boy struggle to eat while she did. Foxglove was mentioned, and that caused the girl to look up at her father with a grin.

Foxglove found me, and we had a wonderful reunion. I never thought I’d see her again… it was amazing. I’d like to see where she resides in Aniwaya, I don’t know much about tribal life. She never thought her sister would grow up to become a gypsy, but then again she never expected herself to join a cult, either.

Magnolia looked at Niro with a quizzical look on her face. Strel? Why didn’t you? it wasn’t meant to be rude or accusatory, she just felt sorry for him. I thought the Majordomo would have first dibs on leadership ranks, she said with a smile. She didn’t know if he was more qualified than her own father for the job, but either way, it didn’t really matter.

She knew she wasn’t supposed to talk about the pack, but Maggie felt torn. This was her father the man who had taken her in despite everything. I uh, she felt stupid, unsure of herself. How was she supposed to describe Salsola to a non-member? She just wanted to tell him where she lived these days. Just so you know, she began, coughing briefly to buy her time. I live in Salsola now. It’s a northern pack. If you ever need to find me, go north to the coyotes and then west to the edge of the bay. Please don’t tell anyone about it, or that I told you where we live. They…. Like their privacy, it sounded like a peculiar thing to ask for, but she knew she could get into immense trouble if Sirius or anyone found out this conversation. But that was a risk she was willing to take for Niro.

<style type="text/css">
.maggy1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c190cf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4b2d54; }
.maggy1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.maggy1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#89299d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/1532w0n.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 320px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac5bc4; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.maggy1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.maggy1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 396 OOC: terribly sorry about the late reply Sad(

Niro edged her to eat as he had already eated and he was yet to be hungry for a while. He smiled when she did, knowing then that she did indeed meet up with her sister. It made him happy, especially since Maggie had not seem them and knew them far more than Niro did and he still missed themselves

“Yes it was a surprise when she came, I was indeed happy that she came back. And you are not alone, I know nothing about this tribe, perhaps it's a good idea to learn about it.”

He had visited once but that was mostly to trade and establish the messaging system. He wondered if he should really get to know the packs and what they were all about. He waved his and at her and shook his head.

“I don't think that position is right for me and Vigilante has his reasons. I like where I stand right now anyway.”

He said, giving his daughter a reassuring smile. He was very happy for his tailor friend, in fact he had drank to the man's promotion with him. He wasn't jealous or angry about the situation, it was not something he needed to be angry about. Niro frowned a little as she spoke of the pack she had been talking about, he had heard tales of disappearances around the general area, other than that he knew very little of the pack and he could see why with her last statement. He smiled a little at her.

“I trust you are keeping yourself safe. Just promise me not to do anything that would get you in trouble ok? I'd hate to find out something bad happened to you.”

He said, then brightened a little, just remembering what he wanted to tell her

“Best hurry up though, I have a surprise for you! It's at the stables though so we'll have to run. Jiva you'll hold down the fort ok?”

The boy had been listening to the conversation and he grinned up at his dad and nodded. He liked being a protector, though he wished he could see Maggie's face, he knew what his dad was going to give her but he was told not to say anything, and he kept his mouth shut just for this reason.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

hope the pp is okay.

The girl listened to her father talk, nodding at his rationale for not being promoted. It made sense and so she didn’t feel the need to talk about it anymore. She let out a small smile, though when he gave yet another fatherly phrase that she took to heart. “Of course I won’t, dad,” she said warmly. “I’m taken care of, and I won’t get into trouble. I’ve already had enough of that for one lifetime,” but as she said that, her father cut her off when he mentioned a surprise. Confused but slightly intrigued, the necklace-laden female got up from the table after her meal. She looked at Niro and waited for him to walk out of his home; she didn’t want to lead the way. She gave her brother a quick wave goodbye before exiting the house she used to live in.

Maggie had forgotten the walk to the stables since her time away and she was glad her father was there to take her to the right place. She had only been to the stables once or twice and hadn’t really enjoyed being there because she thought she was in the way of the stable hands. As the two mirror images walked, she stayed close to him and took in her old home. The woods felt different now, somehow a little more foreign to her. She kept walking in silence, though, waiting for the stables to appear.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]