I was a little girl alone in my little world
[html]

She ran her fingertips lightly over the surface of the wheels, feeling the areas where the rubber had cracked and come apart. It wasn't the best chair, but it was the only one that they had been able to find for her. And it was better than nothing, better than sitting in her room all day like she had before Saul had provided the wheelchair for her. She was lucky to have it. The homely female repositioned herself in her chair as she sat, reaching down to scratch a bit at the cast that encased her leg. It had been re-broken and was healing once more, the bones held in place by the tight pieces of fabric that her father had wrapped carefully around it. The break was high in her leg and she kept the leg completely immobilized, for the most part.

Wretch pulled back on one wheel, turning the chair around and beginning to exit the room. She'd been keeping to the ground floor while her leg healed, so it wasn't long before she was able to leave the building completely. A few clouds rolled in the sky overhead, but it didn't look like anything too serious. The girl rolled herself down the street that Cerne Rise sat upon, then down another side street. This area was mainly residential, but she knew that there were areas in Trenton that were different. She started toward the shops, hoping to find more jewelry to add to the collection of bracelets that already sat upon her wrists.

As she rolled herself along, the young adult felt a small prick of coldness hit her nose. Was something dripping on her? She paid it no heed as she went until another came, then another. No! It couldn't be raining - it had looked like a nice, temperate day. If there was one thing Wretch didn't like more than the ocean, it was rain. She hated being wet in general and having to dry off from it. She tried to hurry, a frown creasing her features as her aqua eyes went to the heavens once more. Dark clouds were rolling in more quickly than before, lightning streaking across the sky. She had to find somewhere to seek shelter!

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
Arye Cybelle had a good feeling about Trenton. As chen-tao, she had accustomed herself to most of Ichika no-Hoen in the months she had settled here with Pripyat Soul. Now the yearling was exploring the abandoned housing within Trenton. There was an apartment complex not too far away where she knew some of her fellow Ichikians now had homes. Arye herself had not settled any one place yet, but she had taken a great liking to Trenton in general. She didn't know how Pripyat felt about this particular part of Ichika. He didn't generally hold his cards close to his chest, and they spoke freely and often together, but it had not come up. Arye was not dissatisfied with their current situation; they would often sleep under the stars or seek shelter in lean-to shelters, always together, whenever they decided to rest. The world was their home, under the wide open sky.

But right now, the wide open sky was beginning to pour rain. The honey-eyed girl sucked in a swift breath when she felt the first cool drop fall on her cream colored pelt. The lithe girl turned her eyes toward potential shelters, but heard once more the peculiar sound on this street of rubber against concrete. It was a discreet sound, not annoying at all, but strange. The mystery solved itself when she found a white girl with a discolored leg propped up on a strange device that held her in a seated position. How in the world did that work? Arye had never seen such a contraption in her life.

It became clear that the other girl could navigate the streets within the chair by pulling herself to make the wheels turn. How very odd! She noticed that she was trying to hurry away from the rainfall. Arye approached her quickly as even more rain drops fell on her shoulders and face. "Do you need help getting out of here? We could go in there," Arye said, pointing to small duplex style house with a low sitting porch. She didn't know how they'd get the seat contraption up there, but Arye thought this girl must know how to do that. The cream colored girl tried to touch the wheels as the younger, white girl had, but found that she could not move the chair as easily.
[html]

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Feel free to have her push her inside!!

Her eyes grew wide as the voice of another came at her, accompanied by a loud clap of thunder. Wretch was now doubly unsure of what to do - she should say something to the stranger or perhaps...introduce herself? That was the correct thing to do when meeting someone new, yes. But she also felt the urge to get out of the rain as soon as she possibly could. The girl was unsure of any stranger, even a packmate, though. She had only ever spoken to members of her family candidly, mainly holding conversations with Saul, Gideon, or sometimes one of Gideon's children. Speaking to someone completely new mystified her.

There were a few options in front of her. She could stop to try and make herself more comfortable with this strange wolf and leave them out in the rain, or she could trust the female to take charge of pushing her chair and then speak to her. Gideon had been telling her that she could trust canines who lived in Ichika and that she needed to get out more and get to know her fellow members...but it was a hard first step. "I...Yes. Ok." She mumbled, ducking her head. She couldn't even get the right words to come out...how shameful. "Who are you?"

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]
After what seemed like forever, but was only just another moment in the beginning of the new storm, Arye finally grasped how to move the white girl's chair. Grasping the handles, she pushed her carefully, starting slowly at first. She didn't know how much force it would take to move the chair at the appropriate pace without having the wolf seated upon it be jostled. Arye was motivated by the white girl's sense of urgency and discomfort. It was obvious that her fellow Ichikan did not want to be out and exposed to the elements.

The cream colored girl heard the other girl mumbling, and golden colored eyes narrowed slightly as she dealt with the dilemma of how to get the chair to mount the two shallow stairs without hurting the other canine. Gingerly, the chen-tao tilted the chair backward at a very shallow angle, and saw that this would enable her to push her up the stairs until they could be upright on the porch. When she did this, it tilted the blue-eyed girl back so that for a moment the two were face to face. "My name is Arye Cybelle. I used to live in Phoenix Valley, and I've been here since the beginning of the summer," the cream colored yearling explained with a crooked grin before righting the girl's chair. "What's your name?" the chen-tao asked, relieved that they had reached the relative shelter of the porch, beneath the overhang of the duplex's roof. "We can go inside if you want," Arye added, indicating the door. "I am pretty sure that this will open." The chen-tao moved to the door, grasping the handle firmly and twisting it for a moment before it opened with a rusty creak.
[html]

She hadn't had many canines try to push her chair in the past, only Saul and Eclipse. Her father had gotten the hang of it pretty quickly, but then he had been the one who had pushed it back from the place that he had found it, further into Trenton. Arye managed to get her up onto the porch without too much difficulty, though the stairs had seemed as if they would be the deciding factor in the matter. Wretch found herself face to face with the other female as she maneuvered the chair up the stairs and quickly looked back down at her lap, uncomfortable with the direct eye contact.

"Wretch. My father and I lived in Dahlia de Mai with our family until the merge came...his brother Gideon just became mates with Nayru, one of the leaders. The other leader I don't know too well..." She wasn't one to just go out and meet random strangers for no good reason, either. "I'm an Antei here." She shared. At the question of going inside, Wretch nodded. The porch was providing some protection from the rain, but not nearly enough. Little drops kept falling through where the surface of it had decayed, hitting the girl on her nose on occasion. "You have family here..Arye?"

<style>
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
She helped to maneuver Wretch over the raised threshold, then turned to push the door closed behind her. A sudden gust of wind fought her for control of the door, pushing it inward as the cream colored wolf pushed it outward. The door slammed shut as Arye applied more force. She blinked her eyes, trying to adjust her sight to the gloom of this enclosed space. She could smell cloth, wood, and dust. This place seemed old and empty, definitely unclaimed by any tenant at the moment. How long had it been since someone other than Wretch and Arye had been inside?

The girl turned her gaze back to Wretch. Since the floor was more or less clear, she thought that Wretch would be able to move her chair by herself at this time. Arye walked a little further into the dim living space and leaned against an old couch, and then answered the blue-eyed girl's question. "I don't have any family here," she replied. There was no note of sadness in her voice, as she was just stating fact. No one here shared her blood. "I have a wonderful friend here though - Pripyat. He is the son of the ex-leader of Phoenix Valley. When I came here, I didn't really think of staying, but I stayed to get to know him. And now..." she spread her hands to indicate that her stay had grown into a permanent membership of the pack, which was now Ichika.

"I don't know Razekiel too well, either," Arye said, speaking of the hippie ryu. She definitely respected him as a leader, but did not find very much common ground with him. She respected his ideals and wanted to try to live a peaceful way of life, and as long as he promoted that, she could stand behind it.
[html]

So far, the conversation seemed to be flowing smoothly. As Arye replied to her she found more things to say, more to share with her packmate. Wretch didn't have much experience in this at all, conversing, and it almost never came easily to her. She had never met this canine before, but maybe they had seen each other at a pack meeting in the past without realizing it. Wretch had been at the front of the last one, Gideon's mateship ceremony to Nayru, and had led the way to the orchard with Saul. She had tried to be as unnoticeable as possible then, though, and had left soon after arriving at the tree farm.

"They aren't my real family" She admitted, blurting the words out. "I'm adopted. But..you don't have to be blood with someone for them to be your family." That was how she felt on the matter, anyway. She had grown up believing that Saul was her father and he had raised her as any father would raise a daughter. She couldn't have asked for anything more than the life that he had given her. Always providing for her and giving her a place to live. He'd been the only father she had ever known...or that she could ever remember. Maybe that was the same for Arye, that this Pripyat fellow was her family.

"I really like it here...it's very quiet and beautiful" She commented, wheeling herself forward so she wasn't blocking Arye from entering as well after she closed the door. "I came out to look for some..um...jewelry." She found the correct word. "I like the way that the stones sparkle" Wretch held her arm up to show the other, the gems on her bracelets shining brightly despite the small amount of light in the room. "I live in Cerne Rise, a really nice apartment complex that's not too far from here. Many of us live there...Dad, Gideon and Nayru, Gideon's kids, me, and a few others as well."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Arye considered what Wretch had to say regarding families. She agreed that closeness and intimacy with another could blur the lines between family and friend, but Arye had always used the definition of family that included blood. She could barely picture her parents' faces, couldn't remember how many siblings she had had. Her family had been inconsequential to the cream colored girl, a long lost memory in a page of a book that had been tucked away and forgotten. This didn't sadden her. She didn't crave their presence. Sometimes she wondered about them, much as she wondered about any other thing that remained unknown, but she didn't mourn the lack of them in her life. Her life was full of plenty of other things.

Her brow furrowed as she caught the sparkle of the stones on Wretch's wrist. She leaned in closer to investigate the pro-offered wrist, golden eyes tracing the delicate network of stones and metal on her packmate's arm. What a curious sight! Arye would have liked to touch the stones, but thought better of it. She had just met Wretch and it wouldn't do to invade the blue-eyed girl's personal space. "They sparkle like the sun on water," Arye murmured in amazement. She hadn't seen anything like this human craftsmanship before up close.

Arye nodded. She knew of Cerne's Rise, but had not really ventured there. Her concerns as chen-tao had taken her throughout Ichika and she never really dwelt in any one place. "I don't live anywhere yet," Arye offered in response, leaning away from her investigation of Wretch's bracelet. "I'm still looking, but I really like Trenton here. I was actually scouting out a home, sort of, before it started raining."
[html]

She didn't know what it was like to be truly alone, even if that was what she felt she wanted on some days. She was truly blessed to have the family that she did. Saul would always be there for her even if Siku wouldn't; she hadn't seen her father's partner in quite a few days, and she wondered how that affected him. She couldn't be that to him, as his daughter, but she wished that he could find someone to make him happy once more. Wretch would have to approve of this female, of course, before she would allow Saul to get too close to them. If Siku really was gone, she didn't want her father falling for someone again so soon...to get attached too quickly and get his heart hurt again. "What is this...Pripyat fellow like?" She asked, interested.

Wretch looked down at the bracelet as well, turning it in the light. "They do. I had never seen anything like them...they are very precious to me. I saw that Nayru was wearing something like this, but with a different color of stone. Gideon gave it to her. So I decided that I wanted something pretty like that for myself, too." And she wouldn't wait for some boy to figure out that that was what she wanted. Wretch hadn't considered things like romance or mateship - they seemed to be over her head. She was still learning about herself and her own mind and body...she wasn't ready to share that with anyone else yet. "I think there are a few apartments left, if you ever want to drop in" She found herself inviting. "Was that what you were doing now? Looking for someplace to live?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Arye's eyes were adjusting to the murky darkness of the storm darkened condo. The muted light coming in through cracks in the dusty curtains helped the honey eyed girl see some. Compared to the sparkling depths of Wretch's gems, the rest of these surroundings seemed so dull in comparison. The chen-tao's eyes were affixed to the blue-eyed girl, a slight smile resting around the edges of her mouth. At least they would have each other to talk to and get to know as they waited out the worst of the storm.

"I think we will take a look there," Arye said. It made sense that they should try to stick close to other pack mates. That would foster better ties between all of them, which was something that Nayru and Raze wanted in the first place. Things were friendly between most of the Dahlian and Valley past members, but they had yet to meld into a big family.

"We just move around. I don't even know what Pripyat likes, come to think of it. He never really says anything. I think he likes everything, everywhere, actually. Or at least he doesn't dislike anything..." the cream colored girl mused. She'd have to ask him. "If you could pick anywhere, where would you live?"
[html]

Mind if we close this soon and have another? I'm hoping to get re-inspired with Wretch and get some new plots with her <3

"I just like Cerne Rise. I think you two should live there, too - you can always wander...but I think it's nice to have someplace to call home that you can go back to" She said, sharing her opinion with the other canine. Wretch wasn't one to speak her mind or speak out against something, really, but she had a good life in Cerne Rise with her father and family. She felt almost certain that the other would enjoy living there just as much as she did. Surrounded by people who cared in a place scattered with flowers with life abound. What a wonderful and beautiful place that she got to live in.

"What are some of your favorite things to collect?" She inquired, trying to keep their conversation going. "And I appreciate you helping me today. If I can ever help you out, or my father Saul...just let me know." She would try and see if Saul would be open to such a thing - giving someone else assistance in return for a canine helping her on this day. "My apartment has a lot of space...I keep plants and flowers and grow them inside so I can replant them outside"

<style>
</style>
[/html]