a vision too removed to mention
[html]

Short posts, please?

---- The coyote was perched upon a rock looking out into the ocean. He was obviously threatened because he wasn't some other coyote, Segodi, and had to leave the coast he was sitting on. This one wasn't nearly as appealing in the first place. It was jagged and rough, but he got to stare at the ocean nonetheless. Abel wondered why he was so fond of the ocean anywhere. Just recently had he seen it for the first time and there was no over dramatic liking toward it, just a calm reassurance that he knew he really liked something. His eyes squinted as he watched, then leaned back to take a nap. Still, there was nothing. Since meeting that coyote he hadn't had a flashback and he was just aimlessly sitting here. He was lost and confused and there was no one around him that was giving him anything reassure because he surely didn't believe him.

[/html]
[html]

Durr. <3

Faolin was not sure what had brought her out here today. Something seemed to compel her to up and leave this morning. She had woken early, made sure she had caught enough rabbits and so on for the kids to share between themselves. The Mogotsi girl was tired, that was for sure. A familiar scent drifted across her nose and she was not sure if her mind was playing tricks on her or what. Excited the girl sprang and bolted towards the smell, there was no way she could have mistaken it. Segodi was back! Her heart pounded in her chest, the blood pulsing in her ears. Then she halted in mid stride, there he was perched upon a rock. But, he was somehow different, something was not right. Red eyes looked him up and down curiously before she approached, her tail could not help but beat back and forth behind her. "Dad?" she questioned quietly.

[/html]
[html]

---- He hadn't really been paying any attention. He had taken his caramel eyes away from the ocean when he laid back, and closed his eyes in order to bask in the sun. It was a bit chilly and the sun was heating up his coat. He heard footsteps, though, and he pulled himself from a light slumber. He didn't move, though, because he felt no threat, but when he heard the voice: "Dad?" he had to sit up. She obviously hadn't had a good look at him or else she wouldn't have called him dad. Abel thought that if he had children, he would realize it, but... so far, there was nothing. He looked over to the girl and stared without any emotion on his face. It was... awkward, to say the least, but maybe there was something. It was like he did know the coyote in front of him but it was a time he couldn't recall a name or face. He pushed his hands down on the rock and refrained from saying anything. How do you respond to that?

[/html]
[html]

Poor Faolin is going to have a complex, Asphyxia sort of 'forgot' about her too. xD

She waited for Segodi's response, it was strange. He felt different, in the way he moved, held himself. Everything seemed just so different about him. His scent and his image was the only thing that gave him away. When he rose, she expected to see a smile on his face, but it was just like a blank stare. What was wrong with him? Faolin started to panic but shook her head. It had been a long while. "Dad, it's me. Faolin?" she said hoarsely. Where had he been all this time? She had gone out in search of him, and it never succeeded in much of anything. Biting her lip, Faolin sat down, looking up at him, her eyebrows pushed together, ears pinned back against her head. She wanted to say something else, anything to break this strange silence, but he only stared at her. His emotions were askew and a sense of... confusion? She shook her head back and forth. There was no way he could have forgotten about her. Could there? Asphyxia had seemed to forgotten her own daughter, and she was daughter by birth. Could it have been the same with Segodi? Why was everyone forgetting her? She started to question her own self worth. No, she was jumping to conclusions, there was no way they could have forgotten about her.

[/html]
[html]

---- "You would think that something as big as having children would be something I remember, but I don't," he said, philosophically. He watched the younger coyote panic and he started to feel bad. His heart strings pulled and he wanted to get down and hold her and tell her it was okay, but he couldn't. He couldn't cross that boundary. This coyote thought he was her father and well, there was no memory there. He had yet to see a flashback of her in his head. Abel was beginning to doubt himself: either he was this other coyote the last one said he was or he just looked a lot like him. "You have the wrong person," he said with a slight shrug of his shoulder. Guilt weighed heavily on him, like he crushed a young girls dream. Obviously her father was missing and he wasn't helping. He especially wasn't helping since her father was right in front of her.

[/html]
[html]

She stood there, dumbfounded at his words. Faol just sat and stared at the male she was more than one-hundred per cent sure was her father. It was him. There was no question about it. Her words stuck in her throat and she could not say anything. You have the wrong person. Tears welled up in her eyes, she was so excited to finally have him home. She shook her head back and forth quickly, "Segodi... dad, it is you, I know it is. I don't know w-what happened, but I-I-I know it is you," she said, lower lip trembling while she tried to maintain her composure. "Mom forgot about me, now you too?" her words came out in a hoarse, forced whisper. "Why?" What did I do? She scooted back and away from the male a little bit, she wanted to jump up on the rock and hug him. That was not possible though. Why were they doing this to her? Was it some big surprise of them returning together or something? She tried to play all the possibly ideas in her head, but none of them seemed to fit right. No, Segodi would never hurt her in a way like that. He left a long time ago, but that would not change anything. They all seemed to come and go.

[/html]
[html]

---- There was nothing he could do. There was nothing he could say. But she called him Segodi, just like the last coyote. "I... no, I'm not Segodi," he said. He was beginning to doubt even more. Two coyotes feeling so strongly about him meant there had to be a connection. He looked down at the sand and mumbled: "My name is Abel," he said, putting it out there. Was it really his name? He shuffled on his rock and slid off it slowly. "I'm sorry," he added, looking at the red-eyed coyote, "so sorry."

[/html]
[html]

She started getting frustrated. Abel? She shook her head back and forth again. "No, you are Segodi, you are my father. I'm the only one left in Inferni that still holds your name. I do not know what's wrong with you dad, but I will prove it to you, somehow. That you are my father." she always had a feisty personality, probably from her mother. Segodi had always been calm... patient with her. Memories were flooding her mind now, and she wished she was able to somehow send them to him. She wondered if it was at all possible. Faolin made a note in her mind to track down Phoenix later, see if he COULD do anything. "Do... do you remember... anything?" she asked, head tilted to the side. Her voice was calmer than before. Quiet, questioning. She sighed, looking down at the ground around her.

[/html]
[html]

---- The coyote just looked at her. He didn't know what to say. He had no back up on his own argument except just telling her that he was Abel, not Segodi. He was crushing her dreams and he was well aware of it and he couldn't stop. He shook his head and walked a few feet away from her while she spoke, unable to bare it. "I can't! I can't do this, whoever you are. If I had children, don't you think I would remember? That it would just... hit me? That I would know who you are or what your name is? I haven't seen you in my dreams or my memories, memories that I don't remember happening!" he said, huffing out as he looked down at a rock near his feet. He rolled his head back slowly and looked over toward the ocean, putting a hand on the rock.

[/html]
[html]

Faol started to feel bad for forcing him to remember things. She wanted to press on further, but maybe she could offer an explanation. "Could it be the fact I am not your real daughter, Hybrid, my brother and I were left in your care. Well, he was at first, my mother Asphyxia - well, I thought she died, but apparently that's not true, I returned home when I was four months old. Your real children, well, they are not here. Nyika Mogotsi, Tedros Talik, funny thing, Vienna was here too. Although, she left, in search of you most likely and many other things." She crossed her arms over her chest, and watched him quietly. "Do you remember Kidorah Talik? She was the mother of Tedros and Nyika? Dad, I'm not sure if you'll ever remember me, or not, but would you at least stick around her for awhile? Maybe it'll all hit you. I've read a lot of books on the mind, and it works strangely. I don't quite grasp everything yet, but I would like to help you at least. If you wouldn't mind, Abel?" The name felt foreign on her tongue, but she was afraid it would be the only way she could help. Maybe if he was around her long enough, some memories may start slipping through. It was worth a try in the least.
[/html]
[html]

---- Did he remember this, did he remember that. Name, name, name. Abel couldn't help but to turn and just look at her, taking the names. They seemed to be familiar. Like he should know them, that distantly, they were there. It was like seeing someone that you knew you knew, but you couldn't put a name to their face except... this was the other way around. Tedros, Nyika, Kidorah... there were more, but.. Abel just sighed and shook his head, but he was tired of hurting the younger coyote. "Maybe... maybe, a little," he said, lying. The names were there and maybe he just thought they were of importance. Either way, it was something. Maybe he was Segodi. Maybe he had children and a mate, but there was no proof. Faolin said they had all left. Why did he leave?

[/html]
[html]

Faol watched him, patiently. Searching his eyes, face or anything for some type of clue. He seemed troubled and now she was feeling sort of overwhelmed. Segodi was probably just as overwhelmed as she was about the whole situation. How could he forget what he had here? The girl sighed and looked down at the sand. She heard his words, but deep inside she knew that he was just saying it to make her calm down, feel a little better because she was upset. "You don't have to remember now, but hopefully we can work you through this. Sorry if I have caused you any trouble dad," she forced a smile looking up at him shyly. Faolin wanted to embrace him, she wanted to curl up in his arms and just cry, but for now she would have to be strong. Until that day came that her father actually came back. "I'll leave you be. I live on the coast, so if you would like to talk I'm sure you can find me, your scent has already been around the borders, so I am sure you are somewhat familiar to the area. You are welcome there, Segodi. Forever and always." And with those final words Faol turned around in her step with a heavy heart and started the long trip home.
[/html]