Slaves in Salsola
Very random, I know... >_>

I know Salsola does the whole slave thing, but would they ever trade slaves or import them from foreign trade and then make them available for other packs or would it be "RAWR get away from us! No! Wait! We'll enslave you too!"? >_>
I think Salsola slave trade would depend on the items given to them in return for their slaves. They'd have to be substantially better than the slaves themselves, I would think -- but slaves are items to Salsolans (or to most of them), and could be traded like any other. I'd ask Alaine and Sie specifically about this.
Will do! Big Grin
I'm just speculating, but it seems to me that Salsoa would not trade slaves. It's possible to make sense in-character right now that they might take some slaves in, because the slave ranks are dwindling a little bit (according to an Eris post I read). However, I think it's far more in the Salsoan mindset to capture their slaves, which are usually loners who stray too close to their borders.

I don't see Salsoa being ok trading slaves out of the pack. A standard pack member can't even leave Salsoa and not be seen as an enemy. Seeing as Salsoa believes slaves to be lowly wolves without souls, and how greatly the pack covets privacy, it seems very unlikely that they would trust a low speck like a slave not to give away information after being traded to someone outside of the pack. It's possible they might only trade silenced slaves, but even they could still communicate. I don't see Salsoa being okay with that.

That's just my guess based on the reading I did very recently on the pack, as I amp up to bring a character into it. Smile
pretty sure nuki has it down. salsola is unlikely to trade its own slaves; i'm pretty sure alaine and i wanted to avoid that for the reasons nuki listed and others.

however, salsola does have a closer distance to freetown than the other packs, and could conceivably take a "special order" for a slave and bring one back, as that slave would have no knowledge of salsola or its inner workings. alternatively, they could take a special order to capture a random!loner, but in that case they'd be trading an unbroken slave rather than a trained one. c:
Cool >:3 *stows this information away for later* I can't act on my devious scheming right now, but rest assured! It shall come to pass >Big Grin
Sie (and darling Nuki) pretty much covered it Smile

Mind you, and this is a note to ALL PACKS, Salsola WILL welcome trade, providing it is substantial enough to interest them. As they are the closest pack to Freetown, they will very often have interesting and rare items that cannot be created within Nova Scotia to trade with. However, beware that if Sirius thinks he has the manpower to take both intended trader AND all their items, he very likely will - Make sure you're well armed and prepared if you intend to trade Tongue

With slaves specifically, it is unlikely that any PACK slaves will be traded, for the reasons listed above - Secrecy, primarily, as Salsolan slaves are witness to much of their inner workings, and would be able to describe to potential enemies the lay of the territory etc. But, as Sie mentioned, Salsola's connections with a Slave-vessel named The Salamander (which rarely docks at Freetown, but does so at specific times known to Sirius, as he is aquaintances with the Capt., a wolf named Solomon) means that should another individual be seeking to purchase slaves, SL will provide the perfect middle-man.

I would also like to include that, should the right price be made, they would also capture/'break' slaves, probably Tongue The breaking bit would be done on the outskirts of Salsola, so the slave wouldn't know much of anything about the pack. This option would be more realistic, as The Salamander would probably only appear at Freetown on VERY infrequent occassions.

<3