skipping rocks by the river by the railroad tracks
[html]
Date TBD, set while Cypress is away in IF. Smile

Where had he gone? Artemis had not seen hide nor hair of Cypress in quite some time now and it worried her a lot. She didn't really know why—sure, they were friends, but she didn't understand why it had felt so weird when he had gone and licked her cheek. Maybe it was because of Denali—but no. Artemis quickly shook her head, silvery-blue locks bouncing against her cheeks with the rapid motion. She had been doing very well since she had dreamed of Denali and while she missed him, she no longer felt guilty or angry. She was getting better.

Lifting a small, round, flat stone from the bed of the lake, Artemis tossed it up and down in her hand a few times, soft baby blue eyes narrowed at the rippling surface of the lake. A soft hum came from the silver-painted Dreamer princess as she pulled her arm back and away from the water, followed quickly by the flash of the stone sailing over the water, falling and jumping up from the water three times before sinking.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann003 b {font-weight:normal; color:#b347b3; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px; text-shadow:#ffadff 0px 0px 3px; }
.meghann003 .ooc {padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#59cfe7; text-align:center; text-shadow:#4c5d6d 0px 1px 1px;}
.meghann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.meghann003 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#daeaed; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jcyom.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8ea9c1; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#49a6bf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann003 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4c5d6d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Liliana was still stuck here in this pack. Though it was a wonderful place and all the wolves here had been nice, she still missed her home.... now what it was now, but what it had been before. Her tribe where she and her family belonged, but they were still here, still outcasts and she was worried there would be another raid on the pack, one that would finally take her children from her, because she'd learned that was why they were here. Liliana had cried her despair for her children as well as the pack that had protected them from the clutches of that demon Maska. She wanted to try to convince Nayati that they should go to the great tribe, but she knew it would be far too risky and take far too long. So she had to make due and stay here.

She was on a walk with her pups, who led the way. She paid attention to where everything was and had spotted the other woman before the boy and girl did, but Kuruk had spied her throwing the rock and he got excited, watching it skip then sink. Saqui followed him as he raced up to the unknown woman.

"Kuruk wait!"

Liliana said, but the boy had been too excited about the stone being skipped ON TOP of the water.

"How did you do that!"

he asked, running up to her, his eyes still on the water, and normally he was the quiet one while Saqui was all over the others. They didn't talk much but that was because they were learning by watching, but this couldn't be just watched. Liliana caught up with her two children, that both had mixed look of her and her mate, with her coat, and his body type.

"Please forgive him. He's not normally this outgoing."

Liliana said, Saqui was right beside her mother, a smile on her face that finally it wasn't just her getting into trouble. Liliana had not met this wolf and she would introduce herself, but only if she was sure that the woman before her wasn't too unhappy that they had disturbed her.
[html]
Is the 18th okay with you? c:

Lost in thought as she always seemed to be nowadays, Artemis did not notice the puppies in the area until the boy spoke to her. The silver-painted girl turned, expression one of confusion, eyes settling on the puppy and then the woman and the second puppy. They were not members of Crimson Dreams, but the tribal wolves on the run. Artemis did not know them personally, and she had not even been involved in the raid, but she knew of them, certainly. All the Dreamers did, especially the Consul's children.

"He's fine," she said to the mother, an amused smile crossing her features. The boy reminded her of herself, though perhaps a bit more polite. There was no way the young Marino could possibly be annoyed by the small puppy, especially after realizing how similar he was to herself. Crouching down, she searched the ground for another stone. "You have to find a good, flat, round stone, like this one," she said, holding up the one she had found for the boy and girl to see. Artemis remained crouched on the ground, demonstrating from the height of the puppies. "Then you skip it, with a flick of the wrist, just... like... this!" she said, tossing the stone and watching it skim the water twice before sinking.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann003 b {font-weight:normal; color:#b347b3; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px; text-shadow:#ffadff 0px 0px 3px; }
.meghann003 .ooc {padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#59cfe7; text-align:center; text-shadow:#4c5d6d 0px 1px 1px;}
.meghann003 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#daeaed; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jcyom.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8ea9c1; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#49a6bf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann003 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4c5d6d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Liliana was grateful that the puppies had not bothered her and seemed happy enough to give them a lesson on rock skipping. Liliana had never done, nor seen such a thing so she watched with rapt attention. The pups watched too, excited and waiting for her to throw the stone to see it bounce off the top of the water. Saqui squealed with delight when she saw the rock skimming the surface.

"Oh wooow did you see that mamah, that rock bounced up two times!"

The girl said looking at her mother with her bright eyes. Liliana smiled and nodded her head, it was amazing, especially if one didn't know the reason why things did that. Liliana sure was one of them. Kuruk bounced forward wagging his tail, but finding he could only nose the rock. Turning to Liliana,

"You do it mom!"

The pups believed that Liliana was the best at everything, Liliana looked unsure at the pups the stones then Artemis.

"I'm not sure, maybe later. I have never skipped a rock before."

She had to admit but the sad looks on her puppies faces made her bite her tongue and look for a good potential rock, so flat and smooth. She picked one up and tried tossing it as Artemis did, but it was an awkward throw and it dove right into the water. She shrugged sheepishly and turned to Artemis.

"We have been so rude, my apologies, I am Liliana Utina and these are my children Kuruk and Saqui."

She introduced to the Crimson native.
[html]
Fun fact: Meghann can't skip stones. xD

Artemis grinned at the enthusiasm being shown by the two puppies. Despite Artemis' worries for Cypress being gone without saying a darn thing to her, she could not help but be amused by the two tribal runaway pups. A small, sympathetic look was given to the mother as her stone simply plunged into Rabbit Lake. "It takes some practicing," she said with encouragement. She had spent quite a bit of time by the lake in the past many months and she'd picked up the game half-heartedly at first.

The silver-dappled girl had not thought it rude of the tribe inhabitants to not introduce themselves right away—after all, neither had she—but she simply shrugged it off. She was not going to argue. "I'm Artemis Marino," she said. "Do you miss the tribe?" It was a blunt question, perhaps rude, and she quickly corrected herself, blue eyes focusing on the ripples in the lake as she apologized. "Sorry. I know it's probably hard to think about." She did not know much of the situation, but she knew it was not a good one. She couldn't imagine being on the run.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Liliana smiled in greeting, she liked meeting new wolves, and this one was nice, and very gentle with her pups which made her more happier to know her. Though that smile didn't last long. She was asked a question she knew she could answer right away. Sighing she shook her head.

"No, no it is fine. I do not miss the tribe as it is today, I miss it when it did not have someone as vile as the leader. We had peace everywhere and now they are attacking packs we had alliances with."

Her ears had folded back, and her head just looked like a big round fluffy ball. She looked at her pups and sighed.

"But your pack has been kind to me, helpful and everything. It makes me feel welcome and I do like it here.

Though she couldn't help but feel responsible for any one's hurt when AniWaya had attacked to gain her children.
[html]

"What happened to your family sucks," she said plainly, feeling as if it did not need much more than that to be described. Artemis only knew what she had heard from her mother briefly and the bits of knowledge that had been picked up in passing. She had not been involved in the raid, though with a grimace she remembered what had occurred. Not only was Cypress missing, but his mother had been captured and so had one of Artemis' own cousins. Though she would never say it out loud, Artemis' primary concern was Cypress' unexplained absence.

Crimson Dreams was probably one of the most welcoming packs in the area, Artemis knew, even though they'd had some pretty bad luck this year. It seemed like they weren't the only ones though, since AniWaya was getting hit hard now, too. "Do you think you'll ever be able to go back?" Would the Utina family become permanent residents of the pack of Dreamers?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
She nodded, it was agood way to describe the situation they had been in. She'd been around the phrase long enough to know what it meant, and yes it wasn't very good at all.the second the minion of Maska touched her, she knew it was the worst situation she could be in expecially with young pups, but they were away from all that now, in a nice calm pack. The question that hit her hard though came right out. She felt as if she were hit in the stomach, and she could say she knew how that felt.

"I don't know, I don't want to go back to what AniWaya has become, but if Dawali is chief again I will go back and help him set peace within the pack again."

She admitted, but would Dawali ever become chief, would anyone ever overthrow the beast that was in his place? What of the great tribe? there were so many questions. Kuruk was distracted and ran towards the closest tree, Liliana wanted to call him back, but seeing what he was doing she grinned. The boy had a stick in his mouth once again, smiled at the boy who happily toted it around. Saqui rolled her eyes. She was rolling a rock around to get it in her mouth. Once she did, she threw her head forward and the rock was tossed a few inches and went right into the water with a splash.
[html]

The subject was probably a sore one for Liliana. Artemis, of all possible Dreamers, knew what it was like to constantly be reminded of something she didn't want to talk about. Her fall and Denali's death had been common topics in the pack and it had driven her crazy. Perhaps it was her subconscious being vindictive that drove her to press questions about the issues in the tribe on the wolfdog woman. It was unfair of her to do anything like that, the silver-painted girl decided. "I'm sorry," Artemis said then, her tone softer now than it had been before.

The puppies did not seem very affected by the conversation between the older female and the Dreamer. Once, she had been a careless puppy with no problems, but she did not know if she would have been willing to go back to such a time. Before her fall, before Denali's death, before the AniWayan raid, before Cypress' mysterious absence... Perhaps such a time was easier, but there was no going back. Artemis tossed another rock aimlessly into the water. Why was she even worrying about Cypress, anyway? He was probably fine, and what did it matter what he was doing?

"What do you like to do?" she asked, forcing her mind to switch topics now. There was no need to worry about her friend.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:252 OOC: yay i posted finally

Liliana gave the woman beside her a shy smile, one of understanding. It was not Artemis’ fault that her pack turned out as it did, it was not her fault that Liliana was so openly rebellious causing these chain of events to happen. Had she known what would have come to pass she would have said she’d work on the horses. They were after all horses, not her family nor her friends. The pack had become both even before she was mated to Nayati.

She smiled in relief to the question that came from Artemis, she was afraid the woman would probe her more about her pack.

“I’ve only really been good at training horses. It seems so empty in here without so many.”

Crimson dreams had horses, plenty but many of them belonged to someone, and all of them well trained and well taken care of, didn’t need her help. She went by to visit Heritage, who was the foal Silvano had named that she’d traded for a book with, though it didn’t seem merely a book but something more special she couldn’t figure out. The pups were now arguing as they were building a tower from the rocks, as the adults spoke. Kuruk didn’t seem to like the way Saqui was trying to put one of the rocks on the pile. Liliana let them squabble a little, it didn’t hurt them. In the end they would make up. It had always been that way.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#688d85; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f0f0f0; }
.LilianaUtina02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0f0f0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5d5d5c; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina02-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #f0f0f0; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina02-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8fa19d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]