A wandering Soul [j]
Kota had been out for awhile now and had made his way down futher from the north; about ready to give up his quest to find these rumored lands. He stopped when the new scents found his nose and he looked around, to his surprise he had indeed found it. The wolf took a single step foward but as he did the scent got stronger and he took a hurried step back; instinctivly knowing he had crossed a boundry.

He looks back and forth before sitting himself down to wait on the patroll; which he hoped made rounds along the borders. Kota looked up at the blue sky above and wondered if he would be accepted or turned away. At any rate at least he had found the rumored lands of the 'Souls; which brought him happiness to know. The wolf made little to no movement while he waited to be discovered; enough movement had been made in just getting here.
[html]
Hello! Sorry for the slight wait, and welcome to 'Souls Smile

Ever since the raid and the horribly unsuccessful meeting with AniWaya's new leader, Savina had been horribly on edge and solemn. Her pack was in danger—more danger than it had ever been in before. Their neighbor had turned suddenly hostile towards them and they held her second-in-command captive. Every day she prayed to whatever deities may listen that Anu would find a way to escape from the enemy pack, but as of yet those prayers seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. She had commanded the pack to increase their patrol of the borders and to do whatever they could to strengthen their defenses on the western side of the lands. Next time the AniWayans would not find it so easy to slip into Crimson Dreams unnoticed for so far.

The Consul could almost always be found patrolling the lands these days, and had taken to doing so in her secui form. It was not the body that Savina usually preferred, but with such danger afoot the last thing she wanted was to be caught in a troubling situation not at her full strength. The sent of a stranger caught her nose and her hackles raised. Swiftly the Italian wolf found the unknown male on her borders and emerald eyes narrowed in suspicion. What business do you have here in Crimson Dreams? Her head was held high and her tail curled over her back, announcing her status. Usually the Marino was a much more welcoming woman, but with the war she was suspicious of any soul she did not know.

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeebb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1ad9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #251b15; }
.erinfreeebb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.erinfreeebb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#251b15; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Rx8e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1410; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746355; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.erinfreeebb2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.erinfreeebb2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
---

[/html]
Kota had taken to standing in his wait for the patrol; and this is how she found him, standing tall. But when he spots the patroling wolf and his eyes scan her and notice the way she held her held; he sank immediently to his knees and bowed his head low. Auds laying back in submission to the female and tail curled under him "I am Kota...my bussiness is to join...i wish to serve you in your pack".

Kota's golden orbs stayed on the ground and he made sure to keep himself lower then her as to show no threat and complete submission unto her. Very slowly placed the males hands were placed open and palm down on the ground as he leans himself over before her; his nose almost touching the ground but not on her land. "I can fight well...hunt well...and i am not bad with young...i have traveled very far from the north. And only wish to belong" his words spoken with truth.
[html]
Sorry Savi is so paranoid, she's usually nicer XD;

The way the man's fur was painted—it reminded her of the tribe that had attacked her pack. Coal-black nose sniffed the air vigorously, but she caught no whiff of AniWayan scent clinging to his fur. His deep show of respect did some to put the Consul at ease, but her gaze was still suspicious and scrutinizing. One could never be too careful in such dire times, and it would not be the first time a traitor had sought sanctuary in the Dreaming lands. He wished to join, and spoke of the skills he possessed. There was nothing about this Kota that made any warning signs pop up in her head, but still it was hard to shake her skepticism.

You are not from the tribe then? Not someone who has been sent to spy upon my pack? Choose your words carefully, for if I find you false you will severely regret whatever lies you speak. Nuki had found that out quickly enough, once her facade of courtesy had crumbled away. If she let this man into her pack and she discovered later on that he had been sent by Maska...well, she would not hesitate for a second to rip his throat out.

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeebb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1ad9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #251b15; }
.erinfreeebb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#251b15; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Rx8e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1410; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746355; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
---

[/html]
Kota kept his head low and dared not move it for something in her voice warned him of such stupidity. Again he spoke "i do not know of what tribe you speak of...i am from an old pack to the north that has been disbanded" he may look like one of the other tribes but with all just look. Kota would not betray this female if she should accept him and in fact would very willingly and egarly die if it meant the safety of herself and her pack. A lot can be said for him but disloyalty was not one of them.

with his stance still lower then hers and his posture that o very submissiveness he dared a glance up at her. His golden orbs shining with hope and yet also fear, happiness and nervousness; for he did not want to be turned away. His tail vurls tighter between his legs and frankly he was tempted to roll onto his back before her but dared ot move again. Her scrutinizing gaze was enough to warm him that he would meet his fate quicker if he should try something as stupid as a sudden move.

Kota drops his gaze quickly again after realizing that he had glanced at her eyes which sent a shiver of fear through him 'stupid! stupid stupid stupid! don't look at her eyes you fool! you wanna get turned away?!' his mind screamed at him. He lowers his head again; this time bumping his nose against the ground below him which made him scrunch of his maw in an attempt to remove the slight sting of it.
[html]

Her eagle's gaze did not leave the dark male for even a second, intent upon reading whatever slight clues his body language would give her. She could not risk letting a spy into their midst, not with everything that had already happened in this unexpected conflict. However she detected no falsehood from Kota and there was absolutely nothing threatening about him with the way he had prostrated himself to show her respect. A huffed exhale of hair was pushed through the woman's nostrils and some of the tension left her shoulders. You may relax, she said in a voice a touch softer than it had been before.

I am Savina Marino, the leader of this pack. The skills you spoke of would be most helpful, but there is something you must know. We have—unwillingly—been pulled into a war with the neighboring pack. You are welcome to join us if you wish but I would not hold it against you if you wished to find a new home that is not in such turmoil. Crimson Dreams was a place of peace normally, but they had not started this war. If she had been given any other option, Savina would have avoided this conflict. As things had stood though, there had been no other choice. A peaceful pack they may have been, but they would not allow themselves to be attacked without retaliation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
---

[/html]
Kota stays low to the ground but there is a visale change in how he holds himself; less tense then he was. when she speaks of a war his auds come up for a moment and he raises his head only just slightly yet still not gazing at her orbs. "I will gladly fight by your side to deend my new home; and my new leader" he bows his head again before her. he wondered if he should stand and take his first steps into the pack lands or if he should stay where he is; he decided to stay.

Kota felt so happy to be accepted and more then happy to have a purpose in his new home; defending it with his life. after a few moments he sat up and looked at his new leader yet his eyes did not meet or go higher then hers "thank you Savina for allowing me to stay" his ears lay back again still in a way of submission to the female before him.
[html]
I'll go get you titled up now! We can close this thread here, or we can continue, but I likely won't be able to reply again for a while. Starting my temp job tomorrow and am going to be veeeeery busy!

The man remained in his submissive position and gladly pledged himself to the defense of Crimson Dreams and herself. One brow raised in curiosity—why was Kota already so devoted when he had just gained acceptance? The Consul could ponder this question all she wanted, but the was no denying the fact that every able body was welcome in this conflict. She would quietly be keeping a close eye on him. Just because she had allowed him entrance into her pack did not mean that she now trusted him implicitly. Kota would have to prove himself before he gained the Marino's trust. Still, she said, I am glad to here it. Welcome to Crimson Dreams.

The ebony female dipped her muzzle briefly in acknowledgement of his thanks. You helping to defend the pack will be all the thanks I require. Most of the pack lives in a large manor, but you are free to settle wherever you so choose. Perhaps it would be better if some of them began to sleep out in the territory so they could be more alert during the nighttime hours, but she would not force that duty on any of her members.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
---

[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!