Another day in paradise
The pivoting of the swing was unexpected and she giggled like a little girl when the swing spun. Her laughter died down as the motion died while she waited for Shawchert to get the thing going. She was searching for some snappy joke about how long it was taking when he gave one more determined shove and suddenly the thing began to move. The faster he went, the father the swing swayed out, and she only had one demand; “Faster!” But of course he knew better, and wouldn’t go too fast despite her demands. Much more and she would probably get sick.

Then he came over to her and pushed the swing, and she began to spin while it made its circuits. Another peel of laughter came from the woman and she flung her arms and legs out as she spun… but the action only served to slow her down.

“Okay, you have to try it,” she said, but the ride was still going. She unlatched her belt and wiggled off of the seat. Because of her momentum when she hit the ground she stumbled and fell to the ground, but popped up a second later, unharmed, and ran over to him. “Get on! I’ll keep pushing!”

She had to keep the ride going. If it stopped, she was probably too little to get it going alone. She pointed at a swing, and then grabbed the bar herself and started running in a circle, shoving the mechanism with all her might. “Don’t look at me like that, just figure it out.” She laughed as she waited for Shawchert to find out how to get onto the moving ride.
Shawchert was delighted at the sound of her voice as he made the swing turn in motion. He grinned in delight having done something to make such a sweet sound come from her mouth. He didn't pay attention to her when she jumped off the ride, or he would have done his best to stop the ride with all his might. She told him to jump on, and he knew she couldn't start it but he knew he couldn't argue with her either, the prospect of riding as well was a fun one though, he just had to pick the right moment. Targeting a swing, he leaped up and grabbed a hold of the rope, as he was far too big to sit in the chair he stood on the seat, gripping the rope with both hands. The motion of the ride made his stomach feel jittery, but in a good way.

"This is so much fun!"

He yelled his delight, and with no warning he howled his happiness as this had to be the best thing he'd ever done in his life. Who could not have fun on this! He would let her slow down, knowing it wouldn't be long before she would want to stop, and would savor the moment. Though he wished they both could be on and have as much fun. As he thought this, the rope on the swing proved to him that it had trouble with just one passanger, especially one as big as him, as the thing snapped clean and he fell the foot or so to the ground, crashing inside rope and wood. For a while he didn't know which way was up and which way was down. He just knew he would hit the ground. And as he did, he knew it wouldn't be all that bad of a fall, no matter how much it looked like it was.
Being the good sport that he was, Shawchert accepted her challenge. She giggled as the man moved over to the swirling mass of swings. She didn’t know how he was going to get on, but he’d better find out before she started teasing him. Sure enough the man soon followed the pattern of seats and leaped in time, grasping hold of one of the ropes that suspended the seats.

“Whoo!” She cheered as Shawchert landed on the one he was aiming for, the bucket swinging wildly every which way while still rounding a circle. She bore forward and pushed the bar with all her might. Someone her size might be able to keep this up if they had another person, but even with all the heart she put into it, the hand-powered carousel swing was starting to slow.

Then suddenly the weight of the man and the force exerted on the rope was too much, and the support snapped. Shawchert went crashing to the ground in a mess of rope and wood, getting thrown away from the ride by the force. Orin made a wolfish yelp and ran over to him, kneeling down and untangling the ropes… well, trying to. Really she was just making it worse.

“Are you okay?” she asked through bursts of snorting laughter. There was no way that the short fall could have done much more than shaken the man, but it had been a hilarious sight. Her stomach began to hurt because she was laughing so hard.
OOC: PP Oked previously >Big Grin

The fall did not deter the man's amusement whatsoever, in fact he was still shaking with laughter as Orin came after him. He couldnt help it, it was fun ironic and he could jst imagine himself falling.

If having too much fun is painful then I would love to have it every day!

Without thinking, his arms reached for her pulling her to him and kissed her. It was a reaction he had not meant to think about doing, but it felt so right, and his subconscious was telling him that he had to show his thanks for everything that she did for him ever. She'd been there as Sky had once been, but in such different ways. Now he could see how wonderful of a woman she'd become, and just the kiss alone was a start. He stopped short though, and pulled back, not sure how the woman would react. He'd played with her feelings once before, but he had a hopeful smile on his face, and he knew he couldn't run off as tangled as she made him, but he didn't care, nor did he speak, only waited for fury of outrage, or something... he wasn't sure.
She always thought that if things ever came down to this again that she would react poorly. After everything that had happened… the tryst with Shawchert that gave them three children, the fight with Sky, the murder of her child, and… Lucifer… that she would reject any moment of physical love for ever more, so it came as a surprise to herself when Shawchert kissed her, for so many reasons besides the obvious.

Her golden eyes went wide when their muzzles connected in the werewolf version of a kiss. But she didn’t have time to think what was he doing or feel angry at him for doing it. Instead a feeling of calm washed over her in that moment, while she was pulled close to Shawchert and he held her. Her shocked expression dissipated almost as quickly as it had come, and she melted into his arms. She kissed him back, until the affection abruptly stopped.

“What are you doing?” she questioned when he pulled back, but she didn’t mean it like it sounded. She liked the kiss; to hell with the complications it purported! She thought she would never be able to be touched again, yet here she was, more comfortable than she had been the first time she and Shawchert lay together like this.

Maybe he regretted it, though. That’s what she translated his illegible expression as; remorse. He must have been caught up in the moment and didn’t want to kiss her. She started to frown, nodding her understanding as she searched for the words that would alleviate his grief. “It’s okay, I won’t tell Sky. I know it was just an accident.”
He hand no words for how to explain what he was doing, he just wanted to be certain of things and right now he wasn't so much so, at that moment he wish his feet weren't caught up in rope and broken chair, but he had to fess up and running wouldn't do any good. He said nothing until she mention Sky. He frowned a slight unhappy look on his face...

"Sky has her own. She has no say in what I do. I've done what I could to bring her back, and I learned I may not really want her back.

He said bitterly. He couldn't go to Sky knowing he had his own butt kicked by a puny little idiot. He looked over at his arm, the reminder still there in bandage form. He had been up all night thinking about just this. How he felt when he was with Sky, and how he felt with Orin, and he could honestly say, he wouldn't get his words eaten and spewed out by quite as harshly by Orin. She was as independent as Sky, but so much more fun.

"I just.... I don't want us to end up like we did that day. I do truely feel more for you than ever, but I probably should not have kissed you. I wanted to show you how I felt I guess."

He said, looking down, taking a deep breath and looking back up at her.

"But it wasn't an accident. I care about you very much, you are a wonderful woman, wonderful pack mate, and a wonderful mother. My eyes have been opened since you came back. You've changed, and to me I think it's for the better."

He was stumbling over his words, but he knew she could understand him, he turned to untangle himself, but not to run off, now, he wasn't going to run anymore. Whatever he said she would react to no matter what. Once he got his feet untangled, it didn't take as long as he thought, he stood, hoping she would respond kindly to what he was about to say.

"Orin, I would be honored to court you... if you would have it.
A hard lump settled in her throat, her ears tipping back when she realized he meant to kiss her – he didn't regret it. But he was in love with Sky... or so she thought. They'd talked about it, Shawchert was torn up over her. She knew he missed the woman, he wasn't just faking it. You couldn't fake those looks, that worry. Then again, it had been a while. The two had been in turmoil since before Orin returned... but now she was back, with their daughters... maybe he was really growing tired of the woman's stubbornness. Was he falling out of love?

The thought terrified her. First and foremost, she didn't want Sky to think she had anything to do with it. If the woman thought it was intention – hell, even if she thought it was unintentional – she was prone to temper flare ups. Orin didn't want to be on the receiving end of that punishment again. Still, Sky had no right to attack her. Orin forgave the future, but if there was a second offense the pack might not be as forgiving. Hopefully if something happened she wouldn't be held responsible for it this time – she caught herself trying to shove the memories of that day aside. Shaking her head, she admonished herself... What are you doing?! That doesn't matter now!

Then he went on about her... About why he liked her. Had anyone ever said these things? Sure, she knew people liked her, that her pack cared about her, but no one had ever said these things quite like this... meaning what they did... She looked away, suddenly bashful.

Well, she knew she had changed alright, but it was for the better? Maybe Shawchet didn't see. Part of her wanted to protest what he was saying, to fight it, but thankfully since she'd been back in d'Arte that part of her was growing meeker and meeker, the old Orin blossoming every day.

“I... you don't have to say those things,” she was about to say something more to discount him, but somehow when his blue eyes caught her gold she couldn't rob him of the emotion in his words. She shut up, her maw gaping, and the shutting with a clack.

Then he said it, and her jaw dropped again. Almond shaped golden eyes became as round as mother moon and her hands shot up to cover her gasp. What the..? Her ears were pert little peaks, as though she was straining to hear what he said, like she couldn't believe her own ears.

“Yes!!” She blurted after only a second. She didn't even stop to think about it. The wheels had been turning the whole time he was talking, but even in the moment she expressed her shock she knew what she was going to say. She nodded, her heart drumming against her ribs. It overwhelmed her, but she didn't bother to take pause and consider what it all could mean. It was time to throw caution to the wind and the duck – let somebody else deal with it. This was her time to do whatever she wanted, and right now, she wanted nothing more than Shawchert to herself.

“You have no idea... yes.” And then she started to cry. Yet unlike so many times recently, these weren't tears of sorrow. She mopped at the corner of her eyes, then sprang from the ground and wrapped her arms around him. “We will have you. We'll be a family,” she knew it wasn't a marriage proposal or anything, but what she did effected her daughters. There was nothing more important to her now than knowing they would know what it is like to have a real family, a thing Orin herself only had for a few short months of her youth.

600+
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

ooc murr

The expressions the woman gave him scared him at first, the shock then the tears but the words “Yes” Coming out of her mouth made Shawchert’s heart flutter. He grinned from ear to ear and grasped her tightly as she gave him a hug. Yes they would be a family if he had anything to say about it. He shouldn’t have let his emotions play with him, nor her the first time, He should have taken it slower like he would this time. She deserved it. He would be a father to their children and a man to her.

“Then I will make you a very happy wolf Orin Takekuro, but I’m afraid our fun has gone. I have to go on patrol.”

He didn’t want to go, but he still had a duty to the pack, and that duty was to keep it protected, He kissed the top of her head and took a finger to her the side of an eye, wiping her tear away. He smiled at her knowing she’d understand, after all she’d been the one to start the... what was it called? Super heros? In any case he would at least walk her home before heading on his patrols. He couldn’t be any happier right now, she’d answered positively and he knew he would be trying not to think of ways to make her the special wolf she was while on his patrols.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
ooc: I just had the muse to do this final post. Smile

IC:

“Do you have to go so soon?” she asked, without any real protest in her tone. She knew he did, and she wouldn’t stop him. Cercatori needed protection, and the pair had personally volunteered to keep the pack safe. A kind of peaceful happiness blanketed the woman as the two walked hand-in-hand down the old pier. When they finally stepped off of the boardwalk, Orin glanced back down the wharf one last time. This place really was magical. It hurt to leave, but she knew it would always be here for her and her family.

“I’ll just check on the girls,” she said as she watched a crab skitter away from them. The critter was much too far from the sea, but it took off over the sand with a speed that belied the burden of its heavy shell. “And then I’ll come meet you, if I can find you.”

When she decided to become a duo, a sort of vigilant pair who specifically worked together to ensure the pack’s safety, it very well could have been one of Orin’s impulsive whims. It wasn’t. They had been through so much, this was one thing Orin was set on. She and Shawchert would make an astonishing team, now in more ways than one.

When they reached the coverlet canopy of the Treetop Terrace, they stopped at one of the many ramps that hoisted villagers into the trees, and Orin turned to Shawchert. This time she kissed him, but it was modest, girl-like, and sweet. She hugged him good-bye, and waited to ascend the stairs until her Prince Charming was well out of sight.

END