when the moon is low
[html]

23rd August . Mid-Morning . Cerne Rise . Optime Form

It was time for Wretch's cast to come off. He couldn't quite believe that six weeks had past since that fateful morning when he'd woken to such fear and terror. He'd fixed her up as best he could, but he could see that the cuts on her shoulder had been too deep to heal without lasting damage. He'd noticed the scars marring her white furred body a few days back and had been saddened by the fact that he and Gideon had been unable to prevent the scars that were forming. So much had happened in his life since Ichika had been formed that he often had to sit down and think through what had happened. It was one of the reasons he'd begun to keep a diary, a detailed account of what he did each day, because there was so many hours in the day that he filled them all before going to bed. He was getting used to waking each morning with no warmth to tell him Siku was there. She was gone and there was nothing he could do to get her back. But he was getting over it, slowly but surely telling himself that it was okay. He had more important things to be doing with his time that worrying about her.

Meticulous preparation was a short lived operation as all he really needed as a good pair of scissors to cut through the bandages that held the whole splint together. But he needed to make sure that the break was healed properly instead of just carelessly ripping off the cast. He'd had to make do with the splint as he had not been able to find a substance that replicated that of the plaster of paris he'd read about hospitals using. It would have been a better material, but there was nothing he could do about it. He moved around the communal living area, cleaning down a table for Wretch to sit on, carefully arranging his equipment so that it was within easy reach but not in plain sight as to scare her. He knew she trusted him with her life, but he didnt want to freak the girl out by revealing his scissors too early. He called her name, knowing she would be able to hear from the apartment downstairs. It would take her a while to get out of the room and down here, but he hoped she would be walking by now. He'd found the wheelchair as a means for her to get around but she should be walking by now at least.

word count → 000 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She took the stairs one at a time, hobbling carefully down them. Wretch had been trying to stand up and use her leg for the last week or so in anticipation of the cast coming off, but also had not wanted to push it too much. She would be able to walk once it was off and once she was able to bend her leg better, she felt - the cast's placement restricted the amount that she could bend it. Her first few steps out of the wheelchair had been shaky and unsure, and she had tumbled over quite a few times, but she was doing well enough to get downstairs at least.

The girl held onto the railing as she went, putting minimal weight onto her bad leg as she went. She didn't want it to buckle underneath her while she was going down the stairs...Wretch took it slow and carefully. She reached the room that Saul was in and gave him a smile, peering around the door. "I thought I heard you calling me - were you?" She asked. She had known that he would be wanting to take the cast off sometime soon, but hadn't realized that the time had come so soon. She came a little more into the room, carefully taking one step at a time.

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]
[html]

<333

He heard her coming well before she made it down the stairs. He was surprised she'd even made it back up the stairs considering the fact that he had yet to fix them and the bend in th stairs where it practically turned back on itself must have been a difficult task for the girl. But it showed her independence, her willingness to learn to walk again. They were just going to have to see how this break had healed and he would have to give her some exercises to do on a regular basis that would help build up the muscle mass that had been lost during her legs confinement. When she finally hit the landing and consequently came into veiw, Saul had stretched out his body to lean casually back with his elbow resting on the table behind him, his other arm resting across his body as she peeked round the door.

"Yeah I was. Its judgement day, my dear! Time for the bandages to come off."

He chuckled, gesturing for her to enter to which she slowly entered the room, a careful step at a time. He cast a critical eye over her, taking in the delicate manner to which she held herself. He wasnt sure whether it was from the pain of her leg or her caution about hurting it again. Patting the table to make sure she knew that this was where he wanted her, he turned back to his scissors. They would cut through the bandages easily but what would they find underneath? He had no idea just yet.

<style>
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

There was one thing that she had noticed in the last couple of weeks, especially with her confinement to the general area. Wretch could get by with her wheelchair, but only to places that were wheelchair accessible. Walking was alright, but she still had to take care not to over-work herself or stress herself. So this meant that she had spent a lot of time devoting herself to the beautification of Cerne Rise and had seen many of the goings-on of the place. "Dad...is Siku gone?" She inquired as she clunked semi-quietly into the room, her bandaged leg making a different sound on the floor than her working one.

She got herself up onto the table easily enough, resting there with her leg out toward Saul. She trusted him to get the cast off properly - he had done this before, right? And she quietly awaited an answer to her question. Wretch wasn't one to ask awkward questions or ones that might hurt someone's feelings, so she hadn't been at all certain if she should ask it at all. But she hadn't seen Siku around very much in the past week or so, and didn't smell her scent quite as strongly as before. Maybe her nose was fooling her.

<style>
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<333

Wretch clunked towards him and the young male smiled. She may not have been his daughter by blood, but she'd been with him since she was young. He wasn't sure exactly how old she'd been when she'd washed up on Dahlia's shores, but it was definitely before she was half a year. She'd spent most of her life with him therefore and while she shared no blood with him, she was as much his daughter as Melee and Range were Gideon's children. Therefore when she asked her question, the title she gave him made him grin. 'Dad' was something that he rarely heard from her, but it made him smile every time she called him it. She managed to get up on the table just fine before he propped her leg up with a chair so that he would have better access to it.

"Yeah, sweetheart, I think she has. She didn't speak to me about it, or say goodbye, but she hasn't come home in days and I don't think she's around Ichika anymore..."

He answered with sadness filling his eyes. He tried to keep it to himself, but his eyes were very easy to read to those around him. To distract him from the thoughts that had threatened to overwhelm him the past few days, he moved to the bottom of Wretch's cast. With quick snips of his scissors he started to cut away the bottom section of her cast. The white fur was stained pink from the blood that had been present when it had first happened, and any blood that had escaped when she had begun walking. He expected to see it but it was still a bit of a shock.

"Have you been walking around a bit more?"

He asked, partly wanting to know if she'd been using her leg and partly wanting to know if she'd been meeting anyone else in Ichika. She was such a shy child that he wondered if she would ever make some friends, but he hoped at some point she would grow a little more confident. He cut away a little bit more, stopping to put his scissors down when he got to a patch of bandage almost stuck to her fur because of the blood beneath. Thinking on it now he should probably have stopped to properly clean her leg that night and then he wouldnt be having this problem. But she'd been in so much pain he hadnt thought about cleaning it up properly.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She was pretty excited to get the cast off her leg, though she didn't show it very much. Her tail wagged behind her as she sat down, getting her leg up so that Saul could look at it more closely. The girl had been waiting for this day for a long time, and she didn't know how to express the excitement that she felt. Wretch wasn't very good at expressing herself, even around Saul, at times. He was the one who had known her the longest and the one that she could always talk to or confide in, but her own inner troubles prevented herself from communicating well with anybody, some days.

It saddened her that Saul did think that Siku had left. She had noticed the same thing over the last few days, but had been afraid to bring it up to him until now. He didn't seem too torn apart over it, but Wretch wasn't very good at reading emotions in others. She only knew how she felt, which was sad. He probably was, too, since they had been together. Being with someone was more important than a simple friendship, she had realized. "I'm sorry. I wish she would come back...but if she was willing to leave you, then she should just stay away so you can find someone who won't do that"She tried to advise.

She was surprised to see the pink coloration beneath her cast - what an odd thing to observe, the mottled spots bright against her pristine fur. Do you have any water? But then...I should probably take a bath later...maybe I should go to the river" She said. Wretch lifted her leg slightly, feeling up and down it with her hands and bending her leg a bit to test its new flexibility. "It feels so nice...And it doesn't have that old ache that it used to" She said, a smile beginning on her face. "I think maybe this was a good thing...that pain really bothered me before"

<style>
</style>
[/html]