it's been ages since we've been really honest
[html]
set september 3rd?

Vigilante knew that the puppies were going to be here any day now, or at least, less than two weeks now. He did not know exactly how many days were left, but he was growing nervous. Parenthood did not seem to suit him as well as he would have hoped. Noah had run away and while he had good relationships with Amaranth and Liam, he knew was not the perfect father—far from it, actually. The King walked along the coast with his large secui head lowered as he considered whether or not he was actually cut out for fatherhood.

It did not seem like he was.

The air was beginning to grow colder now as the seasons changed and he knew they would be well on their way to autumn when the puppies were born. That was safer than winter had been, at least. It had been frightening to have Noah and Liam born in the dead of the coldest season. At least these puppies would be older when the snows began to fall, and for that he was thankful.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann006 b {font-weight:normal; color:#5f2c2c; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#e5e0db 0px 1px 1px; }
.meghann006 .ooc {padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#743124; text-align:center;}
.meghann006 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.meghann006 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9faecd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XGNK4.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0cd9c; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#955e65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann006-b {width:482px; border:1px solid #371009; margin:0 auto;}
.meghann006 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #955e65; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Niro had been shaken though it was hard to shake the man, he just wanted to be home and in the arms of his mate, protected by his borders. He had gotten an agreement from at least Salsola which was enough for the man to ask, but he was quite intimidated by the woman that came to him. He wasn't one to scare easy though and he was able to work his way around things. The man had just finally entered Cour des Miracles coming in by shoreline. He'd felt better seeing the ocean after the meeting and kept to it as much of the ride home. It was comforting to the male, even though he would never sail on it ever again.

Niro was walking the horse, who in turn was tired as well. He didn't hurry home, but he didn't go as slow as possible. He knew the horse wanted back into the stables in the loving care of Alder, but when he saw Vigilante he knew the animal would have to wait. He could see the man was in deep thought, but it looked like he wasn't happy. Niro cleared his throat as he got close enough, hoping nothing bad happened.

"Hello my king, why such a sullen look?"

Niro asked giving a small smile, not knowing anything about Ayita and having more pups. Niro had been out or spending time with his family to notice much more outside that little circle, but now that he was back he was ready to get back into the groove again, and what better way than to meet up with his own king? He'd been away even for the meeting, though he knew about Strel, he did not know anything about Keese or his intentions, nor much else going on recently.
[html]
Niro was away for the meeting? It was backdated, I didn't realize he was away then, too, lol. Busy bee!

Though it was not strange for a member of the kingdom to find him wherever he was wandering on any particular day, the King had not expected it to be Niro. His daughter's mate had been away, he knew, to speak with other packs about his messenger birds. Preoccupied as he was by everything else, Vigilante had not been keeping track of his Majordomo's progress and he had not known when to expect him to return. He supposed he could have easily asked Amaranth when she expected him, but truthfully, the King had not gone to see her in quite a while, either. What an awful father he was!

Jade eyes looked out to the sea instead of at the Huntsman, where they should have rested after being spoken to. Respect was a key aspect of the kingdom and he showed it to his members, just as they showed it to him, but he did not wish to look at his daughter's mate's face as he admitted what he was going to say. "I'm beginning to rethink this fatherhood... Thing," he said blandly in a mixture of words one might not expect from their regal, composed King.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann006 b {font-weight:normal; color:#5f2c2c; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#e5e0db 0px 1px 1px; }
.meghann006 .ooc {padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#743124; text-align:center;}
.meghann006 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9faecd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XGNK4.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0cd9c; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#955e65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann006 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #955e65; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Doh didn't see it was backdated!!! ignore that i will edit someday....
-------

Niro was in no way offended by the slight that Vigilante caused, he could understand, especially as the words slipped from the older man's mouth. Niro stepped back and looked at him. What was this? The man that was to lead them was rethinking fatherhood? Vigilante was like a father to Niro himself, he looked up to the wolf dog in so many ways.

"I think you are being hard on yourself, after all I'm the one who was the father to a daughter who would not speak to him for months."

Niro said, which was true, Magnolia had refused a single word to the man other than unhappy and angry or whatever was necessary at the time. Now she was an adult, and whoevr helped her learn what she needed to Niro was grateful, though it still made him feel like a bad man, he had at least given her shelter.

"Why do you say such crazy things?
[html]

Vigilante had never said much on the subject of Niro having puppies with his niece and then becoming his adopted daughter's mate. It was never something he wanted to discuss with anyone else, truthfully. Of his nephew and nieces, Lolita had hated him the most after her mother's death, and she had even made an attempt on his life. She was unstable; he had not been happy to hear that Niro had been irresponsible like that, especially with his unsteady niece. He had never said anything and now he understood why: Despite having been unhappy about it, he knew mistakes happened. He knew firsthand now.

"Noah left," he said, unsure of whether or not the wolf knew that. He had not announced it at the meeting as he had Mysterious' banishment and Keese's death. "And Ayita is pregnant again at the worst time I could have imagined."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He had heard the new's which had shocked him, though at the tiem he was feeling much more guilty about letting a rapist into the pack. He'd accepted Mysterious Brute, so his mind had been more on that than the missing child, which made Niro feel even more foolish. Current pack members were much more important than those who were gone, and especially puppies.

"Yes I heard. I would do anything to look for him, he's still too young to be out on his own isn't he? If you want I will find him... and as to Ayita... well I know that goes without sayings I've had that situation. Amaranth was never meant to be pregnant for some time. I could say now that some things.... they happen for reasons, and though they are not ones you want, they happen anyway. Good or bad I think you are still a good father. I cannot see why these would make you feel such a way."

Though he could, and clearly. He had been down the road. His daughter had blamed him for everything bad that happened in his life, though Niro did not know the full extent of what happened in his kings life, though he knew his name rather well, it didn't mean an entirely bad thing. He never really put his name together with anything else, though he would have wondered about his part in Keese's death... if he had known about Keese in the first place.

"I say, we find Noah, I found Maggie, and I had her tallk to me, and we came to an understanding, maybe the two of you will too."

He said. There wasn't much he could say about the new unborn pups. They would be born and that was that. Vigil would still do what he needed to Niro was sure of it, at least that was how Niro felt.
[html]

Perhaps that worked well for some parents and their estranged children, but Vigilante knew that no good would come from him searching for Noah and hunting him down relentlessly. For one, he certainly could not leave the kingdom for any lengthy period of time, even with Strelein having stepped up. Quite the same, he had heard Noah's parting words loud and clear. The son did not want to be found and if he was anything like his father—and the King knew that he certainly seemed to be—he could not be. "He reached adulthood before leaving," was all the King said on the matter of searching for Noah.

With a sigh, the dog mutt leveled his gaze at the Huntsman once more. "I suspect that I am getting on beyond my years," he admitted with a defeated tone. Alaine had told him many months ago that he looked tired, and once more, he felt as if she had been entirely too right for his liking. He was tired and aging, and though many would consider his age to be young, he'd lived more than one lifetime already and he had so much time left, he hoped.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

Niro was finding he was probably not being much help to the man. He was quiet listening to the jingles of the horse's reigns' for a while. The silence was either good or bad but Niro was trying to make sure not to make a wrong move. He stood by his leader, knowing he must be hurting inside, just the look on his face, one of utmost passiveness, was a key factor in knowing the man had so much on his mind.

"We are all getting older, but we face that fact, and instead of brooding over it we should make the best of it. It is short after all and we should take advantage of any miracles that come along the way. Children are miracles. I've learned that in the last year or so. With my girls, with Jiva, even our lost pups. I'm sure Noah will be fine. You've taught him well I'm sure."

He said, feeling he wasn't doing too good of a job at this comforting thing, especially to his king. Marahute flapped her wings and gave a shrill call, something rarely done in the bird and her kind. She was distressed by Vigilante and Niro figured it was her way of saying stop being a gloom and just get to work. He'd never say that to the king though he was sure their next meal would be golden eagle. He hoped that Vigilante would see that there was good in the world, but it would be up to the man and not Niro, though his words could help.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

Everything that had happened in recent times had isolated him from the rest of the pack, putting distance between King and followers. There had already been such a large rift; the only one in the pack that knew anything of his past was his mate and he knew she would never tell a soul. Vigilante knew Niro would never be able to understand the thoughts going through his caramel leader's mind. It was nothing against the Huntsman; it was simply truth.

Aged jade eyes looked to the golden bird at the shrill sound that it gave. It was a disapproving sound. Perhaps she could sense the reprimanding tone that her handler was using. Once, it had been Vigilante chiding Niro for his feelings of failure with his daughters, and now things had been reversed. Simply put, he did not like it. He huffed an almost grumpy sound, looking again to Niro. "Thank you," was all he said. There was little to say when he knew that Niro was right.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Stinky Niro...andShaw

If Niro did know Vigilante's thoughts he would have understood, though he was from a different background he had once used himself as a vigilante, taking care of the wolves that had tried to take his sister away. His reminder was the earings he held in his ears. He hadn't killed many, but it was enough for him to know the burden of death and murder. He would actually understand far more than Vigilante gave him credit for.

“I'm sure you'll do fine, you have the pack behind you every step anyway.”

He said reassuringly, noting the grumpy tone in the leader's voice, he knew it was time to stop. Sighing Niro started to move away.

“If you need anyone to talk with, I always have an open ear.... and so does Marahute too.”

The bird bobbed her head a little as though she seemed to understand what Niro said and Niro would give her credit, she more than likely knew exactly what they said, though not every word, she was a smart bird, and she knew more than even Niro gave her credit for.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]