Picnic and Songs
OOC: Set for the morning after "I'd like to buy a vowel"

IC: Rory had gotten up that morning with a pretty girl next to him. He didn’t quite want to get up but he did have a picnic to arrange. So he got up and went to find the right things. He took one of Treasa’s blankets so they could sit down without getting dirty. Then he got the food together. He decided to go hunting and spent a good part of the morning searching for the perfect meal. He finally brought down an injured mountain goat.

He took care of the meat and then packed up. He had found a basket and some various berries as well as some wine, and milk for the little ones. He was rather pleased with himself and started to hum as he headed to the house where his ladylove and his niece were waiting. Then he realized that he forgot his mandolin. So he trotted back to the barn and grabbed the instrument.

Though he had to think of a song to sing to Mya. He gave a slight shrug and figured that he would think of something. So he knocked on the door of the house and waited for his girlfriend to open it, gently swaying the basket that was hanging on his arm.
[html]

OOC - Smileyay rory and mya. Hope you don’t mind me sort of being Saorise. ^^

Word Count → 355

She woke when Rose began to cry. Stirring from her sleep as a tiny little body, slammed with all the force it could manage into her stomach. “Wose wake!” The whine was hinting that she was in desperate need of something delicious for breakfast. Mya sat up, brushing the kitten to be on the bed beside her gently. “Shh, Rose. Saorise might not be awake yet!” Her eyes looked up over toward the sleeping pup who might have stirred at Rose’s noise. Judging by the light from the window, she figured it was time to get up however.

The female looked to her side, the bed long empty and cold on Rory’s side. Letting out a happy, and peaceful sigh she stepped out of the bed and went to a mirror hanging on the wall close to Rory’s side. Her hair was in need of brushing, and her clothes wrinkled; she figured her irish love would be back soon and it was appropriate to fix herself up.

She dug through one of the many boxes of abandoned belongings in the living room and found some more clothes,(A pink shoulder-showing top with a big turquoise butterfly and white denim shorts). Saorise woke up after a while, so Mya tended to her and got her soft pup-fur brushed out and looking nice. Rose still followed her around, mewing in her hunger. “We’ll eat when Rory comes back.” Her tone of voice was gently stern, a mother’s voice none the less. She combed through her naturally curled hair until she was satisfied and slipped on the new clothes that surprisingly fit perfect just as a knock at the door caught her attention.

Rory stood there in the door, as cute as always. A little basket in his arm as well as his mandolin. She gave him a sweet smile and said, “Oh my, who might this stud be?” Her hips rocking as she leaned against the door way, checking out her new boyfriend, who seemed to be perfect as he had already prepared the picnic. “Ready to go? Saorise is in the bedroom, I think.”

Table code by Cait and/or the Mentors!

<style>
.myaone .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.myaone p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.myaone b {color:#b39573; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.myaone {background-color:#9ea4ad; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/ekjp78.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d8425b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 210px 0px;}
.myaone .inner {margin:0px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.myaone .wordcount {color:#992437; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b39573; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: That's fine.

IC: When his ladylove opened the door, Rory could hardly believe what he was seeing. She looked no different than she usually did but something made him wonder what he had done to let him have such a beauty. He was standing slack jawed and so barely registered what Mya said about his niece. He cleared his throat and nodded. ”I’ll go get ‘er then, love.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek and went into the bedroom.

He picked up his niece and had her in one arm and the basket on the other with the mandolin on his back. He listened to his niece blab on about who knows what and tried to think of an appropriate song to sing to his lovely girlfriend. ”What do ye think, lil lass?” Saorise looked up at him and shrugged, leaving her uncle to decide on his own.

He came back to the door and asked, ”Shall we, milady?” He somehow managed to get his composure back and was able to be coherent. He would have put and arm around her waist and pulled her into give her a kiss but his arms were full. But he did lean down and give her a sweet kiss on the lips, keeping it kiddy appropriate.
OOC - I'm grounded... so my replies will be more spaced. Sorry ;<
-------------------

Mya gave off a laugh at her new boyfriend's reaction to her, and it took him a while to go get his niece but not until he'd kissed her quickly on the cheek. The buffalo wolf was high on life as she twirled around happily and played with Rose until Rory and Saorise returned. Rory bent to kiss the female, making her one of the happiest females in the pack. She followed his lead toward the sight of the picnic, humming and making small talk. Rose kept on her heels, going off to chase some bugs or mess with Saorise a couple of times.

"I believe I'd like to claim that stone house as my own," she said to her boyfriend. The thought had been buzzing in her brain a bit, but she hadn't really made certain goals for her future home until the moment when she walked beside her irish love. She paused to let him respond and then, flashing him a smile, she added, "You could live with us. Saorise and Rose are practically best friends, and last night was nice. It'd work. Don't you think?"
Rory gave a slight pout at her laughing at him but wasn’t mad in the least. ”Laugh all ye want, lassie. I’d rather have ye laugh at me than be mad at me, love.” But he did chuckle at the sight of her twirling around and humming. He put Saorise down to play with Rose as the adults walked to where Rory had everything planned.

Mya talked about wanting to move into the stone house and he nodded. ”’Tis a grand idea, love. It’s a nice house.” But when she asked him to move in with her, he paused. Saorise adored Rose and seemed to like Mya as well. But he liked it. ”I’d like that, lassie.” He bent his head slightly and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips.

He then lead her to the top of a hill and he spread the blanket on the ground and laid out the food and milk. He laid his mandolin to the side for now and sat down. He patted the spot next him and said, ”Why don’t ye sit down and we can sit?” Saorise came over and waited for food as well. He turned his attention to Mya and gave her puppy eyes with a pout.
[html]

OOC - bla!

Word Count → 000

Mya paused along side her boyfriend, turning into his kiss and returning it with her own. Oh how her life was grand at the moment. And he had agreed to live with her in a house, so that she finally was officially stationed in a certain place. The buffalo wolf followed him, calling Rose and Saorise closer as he spread the blanket out and she turned to see his big puppy eyes as Saorise settled down to eat. The kitten went to lay down right beside the puppy and Mya gave a chuckle at Rory’s big eyes and sat down.

“You’re so cute,” she said with great admiration as she gently pushed him only hard enough to unbalance him for a second. Her eyes danced along the meal he’d prepared and she felt so very cared for. “I’m glad you’re a better cook then me, darling.” She pecked him on the cheek and turned back to the meal to start serving the young ones food first. It was a code that the youngest were served first, unless elders were present. Grace had taught her daughter well in matters such as this; with or with out lots of friends and family to preform them in front of.

<style>
.myaone {background-color:#9ea4ad; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/ekjp78.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d8425b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 210px 0px;}
.myaone .inner {margin:0px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.myaone .wordcount {color:#992437; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b39573; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
His pout just grew at her laugh. ”Why must ye be mean ta me, love?” He wasn’t really serious about that question. In fact, he decided to be overly dramatic and fell down with the back of his hand over his eyes. He sat back up when settled next to him. He did chuckle at how close Rose and Saorise were even after knowing each other for a day. Granted he and Mya were like that as well.

He grinned when she said that he was cute and was about to comment on that when she gave him a slight shove, while of course made him fall over again. He however just lay there laughing since Saorise decided to start tickling her uncle and she was quite good at it too. ”Tickle unca, Wose!” He had a slightly horrified look on his face at the thought of both of them tickling him.

Luckily, Mya mentioning his cooking skills saved him from certain doom. He beamed at her compliment and replied, ”Yer a wonderful hostess, dearest.” He got up and watched as she got the food ready for the munchkins. Yet he was trying to decide what song to play to show what he felt about her. He would then just play what he felt like. But the first song needed to be a romantic song.
[html]

OOC - bla!

Word Count → 000

The kitten rushed to chew on her food as her plate was sat down and the mother of the feline stroked her delicate little ears before turning back toward her love. The blue eyes traced his body as he stood, up to his thoughtful face. She arched her brow in question, wondering what sort of ideas were buzzing around in his brain.

“Something wrong?” her head tilted, though Rose hardly lifted her head to watch the conversation; much less stopped her pace of biting through one of the sides on her plate. Mya awaited her boyfriend’s answer, trying to guess what was behind his chocolate eyes. Meanwhile her happiness never subsided, and if he’d just kiss her she knew that the magic between them would make her want to sing and dance until she reached the moon.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rory chuckled at the reaction of both his niece and Rose to the food. ”They’ve got a ‘ealthy appetite.” He shook his head at her question of something wrong. ”No. I was jus’ admirin’ ye, beautiful.” He leaned over and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. He then grabbed his mandolin and started to strum on it, trying to settle on a song.

He smiled as he thought of the best song for her though he would change a few words.

” Here's a health to you, bonnie Kellswater
For its there you'll find the pleasures of life
And its there you'll find a fishing and farming
And a bonnie wee girl for your wife

On the hills and the glens and the valleys
Grows the softest of women so fine
And the flowers are all dripping with honey
There lives Mya, a true love of mine

Lovely Mya, you're the first girl I courted
You're the one put my heart in a snare
And if ever I should lose you to another
I will leave my Kellswater so fair

For this one and that one may court her
But no other can take her from me
For I love her as I love my Kellswater
Like the primrose is loved by the bee

Here's a health to you, bonnie Kellswater
For its there you'll find the pleasures of life
And its there you'll find a fishing and farming
And a bonnie wee girl for your wife”

He looked to see what she thought of his love song.
[html]

OOC - bla!

Word Count → 000

Mya was smiling, and her smile was only getting bigger. And she could dance to his song all day; the love in his voice added to it all. He was perfect and she was sure of it. His song came to an end, and she couldn’t decide if she wanted to cry cause it was over or because she was the happiest she’d ever been since she was a little girl.

She stood up and gently kissed him, ignoring the instrument that was blocking her from doing so very easily. Everything was easy with Rory; her life, her emotions, her certainty. It was never like that with her crush on Tal or Soran... though Soran didn’t necessarily count. Nothing had ever been this easy for the female, and she could hardly believe it. The only thing she was sure of was this: she loved the irish man.

Rose made a giggling noise that said she was watching their scene, and the mother pulled away a few inches reluctantly. Would they ever be alone? Really alone? Saorise was a doll, as was the kitten daughter of her’s, but they were with them all the time. Maybe it’d be better to find a house that was two bedroom...

No, we can’t have that thinking. Now can we? She looked up toward Rory and smiled at him once more... he made her so happy. “I loved it,” she said, “And I love you.” Not caring about the kids’ eyes for the moment, she leaned in again and kissed him once more.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rory was hoping for some sort of response and was a bit shocked when she looked like she was going to cry. But during the song she seemed to enjoy it. So he surmised that it was because she was happy and she didn’t want the song to end. But he was pleasantly surprised when she kissed him. Not that he was going to complain about it.

Yet their kissing was cut a bit short by the giggling of the two munchkins. He did pout when she pulled away. But when she said that she loved both the song and him, he beamed at her. But was happy when she kissed him again. Out of the corner of his eye he saw his niece give a happy dance at the sight of her uncle kissing Mya. He grinned into the kiss and held it for a moment before pulling away. ”The singin’ is nae over yet, love.” He had a playful look into his eyes.

”Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green.

My father was an Ulster man. Proud Protestant was he.
My mother was a Catholic girl. From county Cork was she.
They were married in two churches, lived happily enough,
Until the day that I was born and things got rather tough.

Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.

Baptized by Father Reilly, I was rushed away by car,
To be made a little Orangeman, my father's shining star.
I was christened "David Anthony," but still, in spite of that,
To my father, I was William, while my mother called me Pat.

With Mother every Sunday, to Mass I'd proudly stroll.
Then after that, the Orange lads would try to save my soul.
For both sides tried to claim me, but I was smart because
I'd play the flute or play the harp, depending where I was.

One day my Ma's relations came round to visit me.
Just as my father's kinfolk were all sittin’ down to tea.
We tried to smooth things over, but they all began to fight.
And me, being strictly neutral, I bashed everyone in sight.

My parents never could agree about my type of school.
My learning was all done at home, that's why I'm such a fool.
They've both passed on, God rest 'em, but left me caught between
That awful color problem of the Orange and the Green.

My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green”

Saorise was humming along with him and he couldn’t help but laugh at the cuteness of it. Though he did need to ask Mya something but he would wait until later.
[html]

OOC - bla!

Word Count → 000

Mya's heart leaped in her heart as he began singing again after his kind comment. She couldn't hardly stand it so she picked Rose up in her arms and danced around the little picnic to the tune laughing at the kitten's shriek of surprise and facial expressions of cute confusion. And she twirled and caught on to the words of the little chorus. Her voice wasn't like Sky's or Rory's but she wasn't that bad so she let herself sing with her and Rose picked up humming along as she was twirled and spun around in her momma's arms.

And when he was done she slowly stopped, out of breath, and Rose hopped out to go sit along side of her sister-from-another-mister. "My boyfriend is a musical genius!" And she dramatically through up her hands to the sky. Then the buffalo she-wolf went over to Rory and forced him to hold the mandolin out of the way as she wrapped her hands around his neck and planted yet one more kiss on his lips. "I must have the luck of the irish!" And she laughed, having only pulled away enough to talk and let him see her smile. Oh the joy that was in her soul! She felt as though she could fly!

Rose suddenly tagged her friend, then ran off chanting something in cat that sounded close to 'can't get me!' over and over again. It was as if the little family was perfect and the feline rounded the corner and Mya turned to watch her as she sprinted over towards the couple. Soon enough she hastily through herself in the irish man's arms breathing a bit quickly and her tail bushed out as she looked back toward Saorise's little near by body. All Mya could do was laugh and feel the happiness of Rose's liking for her boyfriend.

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC: Rory is gonna pop the question.

IC: Rory was watching his lovely girlfriend twirl around with her daughter and he gave a big grin at the sight of them. His grin grew at the sound of her voice joining with his. She was not too bad. It might need a bit of training but as it is, it is pretty decent. So he vowed to teach her some basics of singing, if she wanted to that is.

As they ended, she praised him for being a musical genius and pretended to be offended. ”A course, I am. ‘Ow could ye think otherwise, lassie?” So he had a bit of an ego. But most of the time he joked about his abilities. But she threw her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss, though he had to move his mandolin out of the way. He agreed about her having the luck of the Irish with a nod.

All the sudden he had an armful of kitten followed by an armful of puppy. As they started to get rough with each other, Rory set them down and let them play off of him. At her laugh he glanced up and saw his girlfriend’s happiness. He then decided that now would be a good time to ask his question. He put down his mandolin, got on one knee, and gently grabbed her hand. ”Mya, me love. I’ve been thinking for the last few hours about somethin’ an’ would like ta know this. Would ye make me the ‘appiest dog alive an’ be me mate?” He gazed into her eyes and waited for her answer.
[html]

OOC - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Word Count → 000

And he was down on his knee and popping the question of a life time. Mya gasped in a happy surprise; totally amazed at how much her life was getting better. And she flashed a glance at Rose, who'd stopped her play to eye the couple when she realized something intense was happening. The little kitten shrieked encouragingly at Mya, having no idea what was happening, and wagged her kitten tail like a little pup. Oh how she loved that girl. And she gave a flash at Saorise who she imagined was just as happy and saw herself pleased with the new selection for 'AUNT' Mya.

Then her blue eyes gazed back to her lovely boyfriend and she gave a huge smile. "You really think you need to ask?" She used his hand to pull him up to stand just in front of him. "Of course!" Then she kissed him and it was almost as sweet as before but better and everything whirled around her and she felt perfect for the time being, as though kissing him made all her blemishes and wrong-doings vaporize into thin air. She kissed him long, until she realized she was light headed and Rose was giggling at them in her little 'boys have cooties' way.

Finally pulling away, she held one of his hands with her fingers interlaced in between them and tilted her head up at him to see what he was thinking. Already she felt like things couldn't be more perfect, and yet they were just starting. It was just a beginning and she was amazed at the thought of what more would come.

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC: Wanna end this thread soon? We can have their first night together soon? Also, I'll post in the maintenance thread for hearts.

IC: Apparently his question was a good one, since she gave him a gasp but seemed happy. He followed her gaze towards the little ones and smiled as they both seemed to try and get the two of them together. Saorise especially seemed to be happy to have an aunt. She seemed to know that her uncle was asking Mya to be her aunt. And she liked that Rose would be her sister.

As she asked if he needed to ask, he shrugged. ”It’s generally the way ta do it, love.” He was however happy that she accepted and caught her and twirled her around while they kissed. He held her for a moment and nuzzled her neck slightly. They were mates! He thought of something. ”Ye’re nae set on the current ‘ouse yer livin’ in, are ye? ‘Cause we’ll need a place wi’ two rooms. Ye know, one fer the wee ones an’ one fer us?”

He was a bit disappointed when she pulled away but she held his hand. Rory gave her happy grin and kissed the top of her head. ”I really do love ye, me lovely lass.” He hoped that she would be his forever but knew not to mention it incase it came true.
OH MY GOSH WRONG CHARACTER LOL!! MY BAD! SORRY!
[html]

OOC - You can end it next... and hearts??? I just used my ‘edit > special characters.’ o_o

Word Count → 000

And he was busily questioning their current estate, which she wasn’t quite sure how to treat that. She felt like all the other houses were too big and she wouldn’t be comfortable anywhere else; maybe there was an undiscovered attic in their house. “We’ll figure it out later, but for now; don’t we have a meal to eat?” But he had kissed her on her forehead saying how much he loved her and butterflies skipped around her insides.

“I love you too, Rory.” Then she kissed him softly on the lips and pulled him back over toward the picnic set up so they could actually eat. They sat down, joined by their niece and their daughter. Rose was still wagging her tail like a maniac and came to lay against her mother’s leg shortly followed by her new cousin who went over toward Rory. And the new Aunt got her plate together and looked admiring from toward her irish mate as she ate and awaited some other reason to love him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
He nodded at her figuring out their housing later. At eating, he was about to say that they had more important things to do and he wasn’t hungry but the rumbling of his stomach stopped his words. He nodded sheepishly and sat down and started eating, throwing her flirtatious smiles and glances.

But he did grin at her telling him that she loved him. He felt his heart lighten and his soul warm up at the thought of her love. He glanced at Rose and realized that he would have to little ones to take care of. It was a little daunting but she was sure that he could handle it, especially since he had Mya there to help him.

She kept staring at him but seemed happy him. He gave her a smile and let Saorise climb into his lap. ”Mya aunt, unca?” He nodded in answer to her question and kissed her on the head while giving Mya a big grin. Saorise bounced happily and he grinned down at his niece. At least he would have a girl to help raise his niece when she became a teenager. But he would deal with that when the time came.