even darkness has it's limits
[html]
OOC: HALLO. My name is Nakato, and I'm a new pack member c:

{FLASHBACK}The fire ravaged the forest, devouring everything in it's hungry flames. A dark figure darted in and out of the falling trees, embers lighting her dusky fur. Flames danced in her ice blue eyes, as she darted through the woods. "HELP! IS ANYONE THERE?" She yelped, panting madly. "HELP!" She burst through the foliage, seconds before it burst into a wild display of flame. She wouldn't make it. Tunnel vision ensued, her tongue lolling out and drooling. Her paws ached with exhaustion. But she had to keep going. She had to keep the promise to her fallen mother. She kept running as the flames ensued her in a mad chase, not unlike an owl chasing it's prey. Suddenly, she could see it. The place her mother had told her to go. She put on one final burst of speed, and exploded out of the forest. She had done it.{END FLASHBACK}

Nakato walked slowly to the flowing current, cautiously watching the opposite bank.. A slow stream trickled before her, the one her mother had called the Lenape River. She had told her to come here in her dying moments in the fire.. "Go to Lenape River," she whimpered.

"You will find a pack there that will keep you safe.." Nakato began to drink from the river. Mother, I have fulfilled your promise, she thought as she lapped at the cool waters. "I hope you spoke the truth." She took one final sip and lay down on the side of the riverbed. "Now I can finally be at ease."

OOC: Hello there! I'm a new member to this tribe, and I tried to do a good introductory post. I'm still a newbie you see xD Alright, I'll leave it up to you guys to pick up from here. Have fun!

<style>
#gnakato-a01 {width:75%;max-width:600px;min-width:450px;margin:0px auto;line-height:15px;font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.75px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.table {background-color:#b3bdc7;border:1px dashed #000000;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ibvs7.png);text-shadow:0px 0px 5px #b3bdc7;color:#4f403b;}
#gnakato-a01.table .spacer {float:right;height:280px;width:235px;}
#gnakato-a01.table p {text-indent:30px;padding:0px 10px 5px 10px;}
#gnakato-a01.table b {color:#17b5dd;text-shadow:0px 0px 3px #ffffff;font-size:13px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;}
#gnakato-a01.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;line-height:13px;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:10px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Hello and welcome to 'Souls! I'm Maddi Smile Just a small constructive comment if you don't mind? If you keep all of your OOC comments in one place it makes it easier to follow, I hope that's ok?WC: 719

Soran had risen early this morning, planning to go for a long walk and perhaps pick up some food for herself and Charm, yes that would be a wonderful idea, she could prepare them a meal to share, it had been too long since the calico girl and herself had had any time alone together, it would be nice just to be in one another's company, sharing some food between the two of them. The slender female was walking casually, her long lithe legs taking her across the lands quickly, her satchel hanging at her hip, bouncing against her with every step. Already she had caught one rabbit, the knife she had found in the kitchen proving an easy throwing weapon, killing the small creature instantly, but she was hoping to find a couple more, enough to truely have a feast for herself and Charm, after all with all the horrors that had happened recently they both needed cheering up. Her mind wandered to little Fia being captured and once again the fury boiled in the pit of her stomach, how dare they take her! She had only been a child, luckily Savina had managed to rescue her, but for a few anxious days she had been beside herself, after all in another life the girl would have been her granddaughter and she cared deeply for her father, she could not bear to see him worried. At least she was home now. She focused on that as she walked, rather than the horrors of the raid, worrying would do no-one any good, there was no point focusing on things that she could not change, no matter how badly she wished she could. Luckily the walk was helping to clear her mind, the cool breeze against her face was enough to help her feel invigorated and young again, despite her age she was still quick on her feet and her mind was sharp, she was still enjoying life.

She crossed towards the river, the point of the attack on Crimson Dreams and faltered a moment, a wolf was there, a stranger, head bowed, drinking the cool water. Her eyes narrowed, she was not usually a cautious wolf, those at the borders were often friends, not foes, but the recent happenings had changed that, she was suspicious of newcomers, after all she could not afford to be too relaxed, after Fia was taken what else was there to do? She could not bear the idea of another of her loved ones being spirited away, what if it were Mati, Deuce or Charm? Charm was a fierce wolf, filled with vigour and fight, no doubt she would fight any attacker off, but Mati, she seemed so tough on the outside, but the sable female feared that she was softer than she seemed, she hoped beyond all things that this newcomer was a friend and not a potential enemy, but she could not take any risks. Slowly a hand reached into the canvas satchel, her hand finding the cool handle of the blade kept in there, she took it out and held it behind her back, striding over to the newcomer quickly. She did not want to seem unwelcoming to anyone hoping to join, but this was the exact spot from where Aniwaya had launched their attack, she could not take any risks, she was cautious not to show the knife to the unfamiliar wolf though. As she neared she sniffed the air, this wolf did not seem to smell of Aniwaya, she relaxed a little, but she did not know of their rules, perhaps they had hired mercenaries or the like.
"Who are you?" The fae asked as she approached, standing tall and proud on the other side of the river, trying not to show that she was nervous, she could use the knife if she needed to, but she would much rather not have to, she hoped her first instinct was correct here, that this wolf was a potential packmember, not some deranged wolf come to steal more of their loved ones. She kept her tone even, her eyes settling on the dark stranger, not revealing anything, not filled with their usual warmth, but again not filled with the poisonous glare of rage that she could muster if it were required.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]