Echos in the darkness
[html]
Out of Character

ooc text. Here is finnaly the thread Big Grin WC:300+

In Character

The days keep on going and coming as usual, The same routine but always a different place. Akira was learning a lot from those new lands, she wanted to see each unusual thing on that marvelous lands. And that was what leaded her to the borders of another wolf pack, she recognized the scent, it was the same pack that she saw when she first arrived. She looked at her footprints in the sand and then back into the wolf pack's direction. There was the entrance of a cave not too far from her position, but it was inside the territory of someone else.

She searched for the scent of anyone next to her, she was alone though the strong smell of the salty water could be enough to hide another wolf, it would also hide her own scent from others. With a soft sigh the black she-wolf crossed the pack borders and leaded into the cave direction. It was a bit hard to go in that direction, but because she was on her lupus form she didn't lost the balance.She reached the little pebbled beach of the cave's entrance. hesitating a bit she finally entered the cave.

The land inside the cave raised above the water level offering Akira some dry land to walk without the possibility of sliding. She entered one of the tunnels, it narrowed while the large female walked through . She saw some sun rays at the end of the tunnel. She hardly entered the cave that was a bit smaller than the main one. There were large breaks that left the sun enter the cave. The black she-wolf turned at a small pool that was located on the center of the cave and by its smell it looked like it was fresh water.

Smiling for herself, she laid up next to the pool and closed her eyes to rest. It was a beautiful place and Akira wanted to stay there and just relax but something distracted her, someone was entering by the same tunnel blocking her only way out. She stood and lowered her head getting ready to face the stranger.

Akira lives "Akira talks" Akira thinks

<style>
.akiratab1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.akiratab1 b {color:#e8d5ce;}
.akiratab1-b {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.akiratab1-header {font-family:times new roman, serif; color:#e8d5ce; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 2px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.akiratab1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.akiratab1 {background-color:#c7aa53; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#190702; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... akira2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Teo and Camilla in their optime forms. :3

Come on, Cami! Hurry up! Matteo called over his shoulder in feigned annoyance. Behind him, down the hill a few feet, Camilla scrambled after him on less steady paws, complaining to herself in Italian as she hopped onto a particularly unstable boulder that almost made her lose her balance completely.

I'm smaller than you are, Teo! I can only climb so fast! She barked back as her older brother stepped down and into the Veil's wide gape. He stopped there, though, eyes drifting over the area and eventually landing on a stranger there. A black lady with a scar over her eye, her scent now becoming obvious as he looked at her. She wasn't of Anathema.

His first instinct told him to chase her out of the veil and back into unclaimed territory. However, he held back with only a warning growl (one that brought Camilla to a wobbly halt behind him) and the lifting of his fur, tail and ears.

Who are you and why are you so far into Anathema Territory!? This was said with a flashing of sharp teeth and defendsively angry eyes. Teo wasn't one to pick a fight with a stranger, at least. If the lady were friendly, he'd be glad to explain the issue and get back on good terms. If she wasn't? Well, he wasn't afraid to scar a women either. She'd have to answer to that Trovato temper if she had any complaints.

Behind him, Camilla had hunched over on her boulder with teeth bared and hackles high, even more defensive than her brother. She kept quiet though, not wanting to butt in where she didn't really belong or anything. Her brother could handle this just fine. For now, she'd watch and learn.

<style>
.TeoTattoo-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z8Wm3.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:101px; height:165px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.TeoTattoo {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.TeoTattoo p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

ooc text. woot so excited OwO

In Character

Akira still on a submissive position watched how other two wolves arrived. There was a completely white male and a younger female that looked like a mix of dog and coyote, like the male. Maybe they are brothers. Akira thought, they were pretty alike and the only notable difference was that the male was Albino. They both were on their optime form and looked like they didn't liked Akira to be in there. The male growled and asked for her reasons to be there. Anathema? Akira repeated mentally, now she knew the name of three territories but that wont help much if she wasn't able to escape from the trouble where she found herself.

The large female shifted trying to don't look like a threat even if she was bigger than both coydogs. My name is Akira... Well i wanted to investigate this caves, they looked very interesting and... She knew that her babbling could annoy the male even more. If the male attacked she surely could defeat him, but there was the younger coydog that could run for help and bring the whole pack over Akira. I-I don't represent any threat. I'll just leave, please. I really just wanted to just investigate and leave with no harm done. She begged wishing that the albino could notice that she was telling the truth.

The male kept looking at the black wolfess still baring his fangs, maybe he didn't noticed Akira's size because he didn't looked scared or nervous.

<style>
.akiratab1-header {font-family:times new roman, serif; color:#e8d5ce; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 2px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.akiratab1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.akiratab1 {background-color:#c7aa53; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#190702; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... akira2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Teo's used to his brother, who towers over him. x3 Don't underestimate the little guy.

Camilla was the first to hide her fangs again, letting her head tilt back defiantly and her ears flick back a touch soon after. Her hazel eyes gleamed with suspicion and nerves, unsure of what to make of the situation now. The wolf ahead was huge compared to her, which meant Matteo might not stand much of a chance either.

But her brother wasn't afraid. He knew the stranger's size could prove to be problematic to him should a fight arise, though he had speed and experience over the other without doubt, even at a young age such as his. But the wolf was backing down, as hoped. He allowed her time to speak and in doing so, lowered his own lips back over his teeth with a dominant but non-hostile stance.

Anathema lands are not free to roam, stranger. You're lucky I caught you and not my mate; he'd have torn you a new ribcage if he'd caught you here. Teo's tone was that of a careful warning now, the time of fighting words having passed quickly and without harm. No questions asked.

Camilla, seeing that her brother was no longer enraged, lowered her hackles the last little bit and stared curiously and unsuredly at the stranger. Her mind raced in thought, questions she'd like to ask and wonderments of where this wolf had come from and where she'd been on her travels. The life of a loner, a rogue, enticed the younger Trovato... though she preferred her life with her brother and his family more.

I won't send you away just yet, though. I might as well show you what you're allowed to see. Saying no would've just encouraged her anyway. Matteo took a few steps to the side to let Camilla off he rocks and offered his hand in a more friendly greeting. I'm Matteo Trovato, Anatheman Anzu. This is my sister, Camilla. She's a Zepar. He waved his hand over towards the younger girl in introduction then finally offered a faint smile. The Veil of Fenris isn't the safest place if you don't know how to trek the caves. I can show you around but we can't go past the main tunnel. Beyond that's pack-only stuff and we'd have to swim to get there anyway. Not that he wanted to show off his hiding spot to a stranger anyway.

<style>
.TeoTattoo-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z8Wm3.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:101px; height:165px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.TeoTattoo {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.TeoTattoo p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.TeoTattoo b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC :: WC→387

Akira kept waiting for the Albino to talk, his sister was the first one to stop baring her teed at her. The black wolfess waited submissive but not afraid or nervous, the other two wolves weren't being hostile toward her anymore and it was just what Akira wanted, just leave in peace and without harming or getting harmed by anyone. "Anathema lands are not free to roam, stranger. You're lucky I caught you and not my mate; he'd have torn you a new ribcage if he'd caught you here." The small male told her. A daring look appeared on her eyes that she quickly hide. His mate able to do that? He could be surely a good fighter for the wolf to say that but Akira wasn't really weak or inoffensive at all, she was raised up to fight and she was good at it.

Shaking her head she send those thoughts away, she surely wanted to spare someone that could be atleast at her fighting level but that wasn't the moment or the place for a fight. She heard carefully how the white male spoke again. She nodded in answer, now she was able to leave by her own and not chased by someone else, her muscles relaxed from the relief and she smiled softly at the two coydogs like a thanks at the same time that she took the male's hand.

Matteo and Camila. Akira repeated for herself. Then the male offered to give her a kind of tour from the caves obviously without showing her the important places. it was a nice gesture from him, after all she was an intruder. Thank you. i am sorry for trespassing I almost forgot how things on packs worked scince... She said looking around, it was true, she forgot that in all the packs there was always someone checking the surroundings and getting sure that there were no intruders. She sighed softly and looked at the floor with a sad look. My home. She whispered for herself completely ignoring the two wolves that were next to her.

Looking back at the male still with sadness on her eyes she nodded in agree to continue, she would not let sadness consume her on that place surrounded two strangers even if they were kind with her she will guard all her sadness for herself.

Table by Luna

<style> .akira-table01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; } p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;} .akira-table01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;} .akira-table01 b {color:#ede8b0; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; } .akira-table01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b45 ... 1310859450); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4a043; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:390px; text-align:left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; } </style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Derp.

Matteo wasn't an asshole and he was unfortunately very empathic when it came to the feelings of others. So when the girl whispered to herself (his good hearing helped to pick out what she'd said, just barely) and suddenly looked sad, he grimaced. ...so um... come on in. He nodded towards the cave and headed that way, Camilla tailing along beside him.

What brings you into Anathema turf anyway? Most loners don't come near unless they're looking to join or make nice with us. As far as I've heard, we've got a pretty sketchy reputation. Not that he'd ever complain; it kept the pack in good health and safe from spies and intruders. Who would want to know about half the crazy things that went on in their underground tunnels anyway? A pack of voodoo freaks and misfits wasn't really the prime target for spies and back-stabbers. Too much risk involved.

Big brother? Camilla finally piped up from beside him. He paused to look down at her, curious and attentive.

Yeah?

What's Sketchy mean?

Oh. Teo blinked, thought it over a moment, then smirked. It's a way of saying something can't be trusted or relied upon. Our pack's reputation isn't all that great.

...hm. Well I like it plenty! Anathema is an awesome pack! Those people are just fooling themselves, right?

Teo laughed softly. Right you are, kiddo. He ran a hand across the girl's hair and turned back to their 'guest' with an apologetic smile. As he did, Camilla wandered off to play in the mouth of the cave, not feeling up to walking around on a boring tour.

Heh. Sorry about that. We're Italian first, so English isn't always her strong suit. That much was obvious in their accents, still strong and prominant in their voices, especially Camilla's. Anyways... I don't think I caught your name....?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC::439 Woot i like this post, one of the larges that i have wrote since i joined X3

In Character

The large she wolf nodded softly as she followed the two coydogs through the caves. She looked at the floor while walking until the albino one asked the black female for her reasons to be there. Well she told him before that she just wanted to "investigate and explore," but it wasn't completely true, she also considered the possibility of joining them. It looked pretty good, full of preys and with a pretty large territory perfect to explore and stretch her muscles. He also told her that their pack got a really sketchy reputation. Well that made the idea of the pack sound even better for Akira. With a bad and false reputation they could avoid intruders or invasions what made them a better place to establish.

The purple-eyed wolf looked down as the smaller female talked before she was able to answer. It didn't surprised Akira that the little one didn't knew a few words of the English language. Judging by her way of talking, it wasn't her first language. From where could they have come? The she-wolf thought.

After the wolf named Matteo answered his little sister she replied saying that the pack was awesome. This made The black wolfess smile, every minute the idea of joining grew on her mind and the little coydog just made that idea grow larger.

Matteo apologized for his sister's interruption. There is no problem, i have noticed it because your way of talking. The big she smiled. Anyway, answering your previous question. I am really considering to join this pack. She looked around and then back at her "guide." And by looking at you both i can assume that it is a really enjoyable place to live in. She finished still smiling at him.

Akira. The she wolfess repeated her name as the white one asked for again, at Akira's eyes. Trying to change the conversation. Her previous sadness was already gone, she knew that being sad didn't done well for anyone and she didn't wanted to end like the loner wolf that she just met a few weeks ago. She let the curiosity get reflected on her eyes before saying. Well i think I should know more about this pack before trying to join. Could you tell me what you are able to? She wanted him to tell her everything about the pack. How they worked, where were their dens, or did they used houses? All this questions flowed into her mind as she waited for an answer. Also she wanted to get to know this two coydogs better. If she joined, some friends wont come bad for her...

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: WALL OF TEXT DERP

I'll tell you what I can, miss Akira. He offered the girl a smile before moving over to seat himself down on a flat area of rock. Just a few feet away, deeper into the cave, more water; this time coming up from wherever the deep cavern dove into.

Anathema is based around blood relations in a sense. Not the typical 'brother and sister from the same parents' sort of blood relation, but the sharing of our leader's blood with one's own. Once the Agares ceremony is done... that's where you'd receive a cut on your palm to match blood with Lady Naniko's... you'd become a Zepar, our starting and most basic rank.

He paused, blinking a moment at his own sudden burst of insight. A sheepish grin worked its way onto his face and he chuckled softly. It's not so bad. I didn't do it myself but I know people who have and I've seen it done. It doesn't even scar. Boy knew about scars.

As I mentioned before, I'm an Anzu. That's the first of the shepherd ranks, the animal tier in a sense. My job is to take care of the animals that we, as a family and pack, keep in our tunnels. Horses, sheep and of course, our trademark messenger crows. Teo grinned like a dork at that last part, rather proud of his mate's inventive idea for those birds. So far it was going well.

There are other ranks. My mate, Alaki, is a Dasa, a second-class in the warrior tier. My brother's a Seer, a third-class in the cave explorer tier. He maps out the unexplored tunnels and makes sure it's safe for the rest of us to expand and explore. He didn't mind talking about his brother's rank, it being purely business, though he hated the brown coydog for what he'd done. Still, no real bitterness showed in his voice, hidden behind a stone wall he'd worked so hard to build.

Akira didn't need to know about his family issues, especially since she seemed to have issues of her own from what he could tell. There are other tiers too. Craftsmen, Caretakers, Medics, Tradition Keepers, Diplomats and Firestarters. Naniko D'Angelo, our leader, is in charge of promotions and assignments and such, so if you do join, make sure you talk to her about what each tier is tasked to do. I'd tell you but I only know the details to about half of them. Another sheepish grin, then a pause to let her get her say in.

Nearby, Camilla sat listening to their conversation intently, learning more about the ranks and tiers even though she wasn't actually having a real lesson at the moment. This was a neat new discovery for her; school didn't have to happen during school hours!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC :: Already have to say goodbye Sad Derp

The black wolfess remained in silence as the albino wolf talked about the relations between their pack mates and the leader and the different ranks on the Anathema pack. He talked about his own rank that was consisted on looking for the animals of the pack that lived on....Caves? That could answer the question of where do they lived, thought a cave system seemed like a dangerous but at the same time pretty safe place to live. The rank of his mate was the same that Akira was seeking for, the rank of a warrior. Maybe if I join, your mate could teach me, I am also seeking for the rank of a warrior. She chuckled softly after stating this. She was so happy with the idea of a new home that made her laugh.

The white male mentioned the other ranks that he knew but Akira didn't paid much attention to that part of the explanation, she could have the opportunity to learn that later. And if not, the information wouldn't help her much in the future. Now she just wanted to know more about the duties of a warrior and the life inside the pack, but that wasn't the moment or the place. It is pretty impressive the culture and way of relation that your pack has. She limited herself to say. Next to them on the darkness of the nearest tunnel, the water keep on flowing and growing toward them. It looked that the cave was slowly flooding again with the growing tide. The three canines must left the cave before the water could close their way out. We must hurry up before the water blocks our way out. She said while standing up. It was a pleasure to meet you both. She finally said heading slowly toward the entrance of the cave.

Table by Luna

<style> .akira-table01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; } p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;} .akira-table01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;} .akira-table01 b {color:#ede8b0; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; } .akira-table01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b45 ... 1310859450); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4a043; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:390px; text-align:left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; } </style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Big Grin Short but sweet.

Teo smiled at the idea of having someone else join the pack. Akira seemed like a good girl, with brains to match the bronze she so desired. She wanted to be a warrior like his own beloved was. He hummed thoughtfully. Heh. You'd need a lot of patience to deal with Alaki. He's a handfull. He all but purred, obviously fond of his 'handfull' husband.

"It is pretty impressive the culture and way of relation that your pack has."

I'm glad you approve. Naniko's worked very hard on this pack. Everything we have, we owe it to our leader and the wolves who push forward to make it all possible.

After some time, the girl mentioned her concerns about the water in the cave. Teo knew better; it didn't fill up all the way in this section. They'd be plenty safe to stick around, but the girl had her mind about her to leave for the day. He nodded.

Pleasure's all mine, miss Akira. Please, come back to visit us again soon. We'll always welcome a friendly face. He didn't move to leave himself, only going as far as the mouth of the cave to wave her off. Safe travels to you.

Bye-bye, miss Akira! Camilla called from further inside the cave, waving happily and glad to have had the chance to meet a possible joiner already.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC ::Closing post. They will meet soon, maybe sooner than you think >Big Grin (final derp)

The large she-wolf nodded softly toward the two coydogs as she left the cave. She felt lucky to have just met them. That they she just earned two friends and more knowledge about her possible new home. Her trip back to the woods was a bit more difficult than before. Finally reaching the woods she turned back into lupus form and looked back before disappearing again in the forest.

Table by Luna