Just the three of us {AW}
OOC: Sorry for the crudeness... need a table bah.
Sadra need's a friend... or you can try to eat the rabbits but I dont think she'd like you much for that XD

IC:
That had been some very specific details Sadra had wanted in her den. New to the northern territory, let alone Shadowed Sun pack lands, it had taken a great deal of searching. Finally, she had found what she had searched so hard for. A large tree atop a banking, not far from a small stream. She needed a large den to store all hides and traps and other tools and still have room for herself and the two rabbits. And preferring an earthen home as opposed to one of wood and timber like those that man had left behind, a den of the size she needed would need a little extra support. The root system of the tree would make a great support for her roof. But finding a tall and steep enough bank was also key.

It took over a day of searching and there were still many days of work left to be done before it could be called finished, but it was a start. The door way and main living quarters had been dug out. The smaller, offshoot roots were cut and Sadra boiled the sap from the roots and peeled the outer layers away to make a sort of bandage for the main roots were cuts had been made, to keep the tree in good health. It was fairly roomy considering, but storage areas still needed dug out and the walls still needed finishing. Nothing more than a diamond in the rough.

Honey and Jobe were now free from their cage, but always under Sadra's watchful eye. She wasnt sure how her pack mates would react to her pet rabbit. She figure most would see them as a snack rather than companions. Jobe was the color of dark earth and honey was a soft golden hue. A grin spread across the silver gray femme's face as she watched their game of tag from her seat on the creek. Her tools of bone and steel freshly cleaned of dirt and clay she stretched back, rolling her shoulders and arching her back. They ached, she'd have to take tomorrow she thought as her eyes slid closed.
[html]
Could this thread be forward-dated to June 1? I wasn't actually allowed to play Sirius until then, so if I were to reply to this I think I might have had to use him as an NPC with Naniko o_o anyway. xD

Sirius sat down on the bank of the creek when he reached it, looking into the water. The border had been clearly marked, but he hadn't cared. He'd gone right through it. This was his father's pack, and he wasn't afraid of tresspassing into the territory. The young male had only just escaped the bedroom that Naniko and his grandfather had put him in to keep him away from Deuce...and he had no intention of going back any time soon.

He stood up, looking down the bank. There was something moving off in the distance...but he couldn't tell what it was. Some kind of animal, maybe. He approached slowly, keeping his head down. There was someone there, a wolf...but the rabbits looked too enticing. He didn't want to eat them, just play with them a little. Sirius watched them from the brush, waiting for a chance to get closer. He couldn't tell if the wolf was awake or asleep...so he didn't want to chance going over to the rabbits. Maybe they were her prey.

[/html]
Forward dating shouldnt be a problem, excuse my lack of table ; ;

IC
Unaware that she had let herself drift to sleep. Sadra woke with a jerk. Startled by the simple fact she had fallen asleep, leaving Jobe and Honey unattended. Her eyes darted around the bank for the two rabbits. Jobe stared back at her with a curious look. Honey, however, was backed into Jobe's rear quarter staring off in another direction. Honey seemed bothered and very nervious. Sadra quickly followed the rabbit's gaze, afraid someone might be stalking them. It had been stupid to let herself drift asleep, She hadnt been here long and worried her pack mates might find two rabbits and delictable meal. Releif swept over her, it was just a pup. Why, Hello there.

Getting to her feet with a groan, Sadra swooped Honey up in arms and sat back down cross-legged next to Jobe. While Honey hide her face as tight as she could between Sadra's ribcage and arm, Jobe just looked from the pup to Sadra with a irritated look. The Chocolate colored buck didnt really like much of anyone and Sadra sent him a warning glare. You play nice, Jobe! She growled under her breath. Its okay little one, this two are my pets. Are you alone? She hadnt expected one so young to be wandering around alone. Apparently this 'wilderness' was much different than the colony area she had grown up in.
[html]

Sirius thought that these animals were very, very interesting. What strange ears they had! Could they hear the same way he could, or better? Their ears were huge, so he bet that they could hear better than him. The young male continued to watch the rabbit curiously until it was distracted, the wolf nearby waking up and standing. He tried to step backwards into the brush, but backed up into a tree. Nowhere to go.

She didn't look angry with him so he came out a little bit, tail beginning to twitch. "Wut are those thangs?? Pets. Wut's a pet?"He had never heard of such a thing before. Sirius had only seen rabbits in pieces that Naniko or Lucifer had brought home to him to eat...never as a whole, living thing. "Siri is alone" he affirmed. "You is alone too?"

[/html]
This pup was no different from the ones back home. They had started in the cage containing the mother doe and the two litters of bunnies with awe. Their rabbits. The dark one is Jobe, he's a boy. This golden girl here, Sadra gave a nod rabbit still hiding its face in the crease of her arm is the every shy Honey. Trying to coax Honey out of hiding, Sarda was gently petting between and around her ears. It often calmed the doe. Pet just means that I care for them, they are my companions or friends. She knew it might seem odd to some, to keep what was meant to be food as a pet. Especially for someone that was known for her trapping and skin tanning.

Sadra's day was brightened by her little visitor. Its nice to meet you Siri. I'm Sadra. And it looks like neither of us is alone now. The tip of Sadra's tail gently tapped the ground. Honey had started to relax now and was starting to finally peek out at Siri. Jobe, on the other hand, wandered over to patch a foliage that had caught his eye as being particularly tasty and was ignoring everyone else.
[html]

"I am Da's pet?" He asked, still watching the bunnies with curiousity. Sirius didn't know that animals came in colors just like wolves did, that there could be black ones and white ones and gray ones. It was so neat! He wondered if anyone could have a pet, or if it was just something that adults were allowed to do. Pilot had told him that there were a lot of things he wouldn't be allowed to do, that only big adult members of the pack could do.

"Jobe...and Honneh" He pronounced the names, grinning. "And we has Jobe...and Honneh here to keep us company!" He looked at Honey, coming in a little bit closer to investigate. "I has a pet sometime? Where does you get pets?" The young male looked up at Sadra seriously, awaiting an answer.

[/html]
[html]
Thankies for the Table!! <3

It was hard not to laugh when Siri asked if he was someone's pet. No little one, your not a pet. Typically animals that would or could be food are pets. Not a total truth, but it was the best explanation she could think of for the moment. Things like rabbits, squirrels, birds. Maybe even deer or perhaps a ferret or rat. Sadra took a moment to coo at Honey, who was starting to relax but still kept a weary eye on the 'intruder'. Jobe still ignored them all.

Sadra could tell Siri was quite intrigued by her pets. And her smile broadened as he tested out there names and give a slight chuckle. Thats right! Although I think Jobe is more concerned with his stomach than us. As Siri moved a little closer, she could feel Honey start to stiffen. Sadra gave her a reassuring rub on under chin and cheek. She hoped the rabbit wouldnt squeel, it'd probably scare the daylights out of Siri and wasnt gentle on the ears at all. Thats a girl Honey, he just wants to say Hello. She cooed.

Hmm a pet of your own? What kind of pet do you think you'd want? Before Sadra would actually help Siri get a pet She'd have to find out how serious he was about wanting to care for one. Jobe and Honey were fairly easy at this age. But its not like you could catch a full grown animal and tame it. I found Jobe abandoned when he was a baby. So I caught Honey and her mother so Honey's mother could feed Jobe and keep him alive. The rest of the bunnies in the littler I gave away when they were old enough.

[/html]
[html]

"You's fun!" He already knew that he really liked this stranger--she was so friendly! She reminded him of Naniko, in a way, how Naniko always answered all of his questions and was really, really nice about it. Even as young as he was, he could tell when an adult was treating him like a baby...and he didn't like it.

The young male bounced up and down on his paws, looking up at her, then to the rabbits. They looked like so, so much fun. He couldn't wait until he was old enough to have one...he'd treat it just right, and give it lots of the right foods and give it fresh water every day. "What does they eat?" He inquired.

He sniffed at Honey. She smelled really weird...like a wolf, but not like a wolf. Did Sadra actually talk to them? He wished he knew how to talk to animals. "Honey and Jobe has babies someday?" Maybe by then he'd be old enough...

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the absence.

Sadra let out a warm laugh. Thank you Siri, you're fun too. She was becoming quite fond of this little one and hoped the rest of the pack members would as enjoyable to meet. Honey was now stretching her neck out towards Siri to sniff at him, becoming a little curious herself. The pup's bouncy movements didnt startle Honey. It was good to see she was finally starting to calm down and get curious about the newcomer. Giving her a gentle nudge on the rump, Sadra tried to work up Honey's courage to approach Siri and give him a proper hello. Siri had decided to get sniff at Honey, causing the doe to stare up at Sadra with a quizzical look. He's just saying Hello littler girl, its alright. Jobe finally decided it was his turn to get in on the action. Abandoning his snack, he bounded himself right in between Siri and Honey and looked straight at pup with a look that demanded to know where his share of the attention was, as if they had been ignoring Jobe instead of the other way around.

Sadra continued to ignore the dark rabbit. They eat all kinds of grasses and plants. If its green, they will probably eat it. Siri was full of questions and it made Sadra happy, she had always enjoyed teaching young ones of the things she had learned. She felt learning to care for an animal would help them to understand all animals better and thus making a better hunter. While also giving them a respect for their prey.

Sadra had long expected Honey to become pregnant with a litter. It seemed that all the travel had stressed the poor girl and she hadnt quite taken to all of Jobe's attempts. Perhaps once she got acquainted and settled into the area there would soon be some bunnies on the way. Whenever Honey decides she's ready, I think we will have some little bunnies soon. Until then, maybe you could help me take care of Jobe and Honey?

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
ooc: <3

"Yes! If Da will let me, I can come over" Sirius was satisfied with this answer, and he nodded emphatically. He definitely wanted to help with the bunnies. They were just a little bit smaller than him right now, but with time he would grow up to be a big wolf like his dad...and he'd tower over them. He couldn't wait until he learned how to shift, too, because then he'd be able to be even more like his dad. He really admired Pilot for leading the pack with Tayui--it had to be a hard job!

"I can name my pet? I want to name it Dierdre" The little boy looked a little more serious about this. "My Mom was named Dierdre." Sirius looked at the dark rabbit when he came over, reaching out a paw to touch, unsure if the rabbit would endure it or run away. "How do you tell if it's a girl or not?"

[/html]
[html]

You name it whatever you want. So I take it, you'd like a little girl bunny then? Sadra watched Jobe carefully as Siri reached out to touch him. Unlike Honey, Jobe wouldnt run away but he was known to bite if he didnt want messed with. Since the buck had come over and plopped himself right infront of him though, Sadra was sure he wanted the attention. Still she wanted to be ready to thump him if he bit at Siri.

"My Mom was named Dierdre." Those words had struck her hard. Was? She could only deduct that somehow Siri had lost his mother already in his short life. She was curious to find out who 'Da' was too. So, who is Da? Maybe I should meet them if your goin to be coming over to see Honey and Jobe often. Just so they know who you're with.

THere are a few ways to tell girl and boy bunnies apart from one another. Just like wolves or any other creature. She wasnt sure how deep she should get into this topic or how much anatomy the pup might already know. Scent is one way, but that usually only works with those that are formiliar with rabbits. Which by the time the bunnies are born, you might be able to tell the difference. Ill teach you the other ways when the bunnies are born. So you can practice yourself too, okay?

Lifting Honey off her lap and sitting her next to Jobe, Sadra got up and headed towards the door way into her den where her cart leaned against the outside of the of the bank she had made her home in. She had finished making the storage areas yet, so she hadnt had a need to unpack her things yet. It was filled with rolls of leather, wire for cages, and a few boards for whatever needed. Various traps of all types and sizes hung fromt he sides. A leather pack sat on top and sadra grabbed it and headed back towards Siri. I've got something for you Pulling out a small pouch, closed with drawstrings, she opened and dumped the contents into the palm of her paw. There were four little bone charms, each with a small metal ring for placing on a necklace or braclet. Pick one. There was a Buffalo, Hawk, Squirrel and Rabbit.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
ooc: Sadra could be a mother-figure to Sirius, if you want?

He put his paw against the rabbit, patting him a little. He was trying to be gentle so that he wouldn't hurt him or annoy him--Sirius definitely didn't want to get bitten either! But he couldn't talk to animals, so he couldnt' ask Jobe if he was petting him too hard. The youngster watched the rabbit intently, trying to decipher his body language. Did he like being patted? It seemed that he did, but he couldn't be sure.

"My da is Pilot Haddon. Our last names are different...cuz my mommy named me after my grandpa Physe Revlis." Who was Sadra named after, he wondered. Did her family live around here, or someplace else? He had been born in the lands between the fire and these new territories...him and his brother.

"My bruvva lives in Twilight Vale" He didn't know what she was going to get but watched her with interested eyes, still patting Jobe. When she came back, his green eyes widened. What a surprise! He didn't know what to pick. "My da...he lived with sqorrels for a while. Dis one" He pointed to the squirrel one. " I can has the squorrel? You should keep the bunny one--wear it on a neck-lace? And we can be the same?"

[/html]
[html]
/o\ I fail...

It was amazing to Sarda, how large Siri's eyes had gotten at her surprise. Pilot is your dad? He is the one that accepted me into the pack. A surprising coincidence. If one believed in such things. Sadra saw it more of a sign. Well, If Pilot is okay with you coming over. Your welcome to visit Honey and Jobe anytime you want. Leaving out the squirrel and rabbit charms, Sadra slipped the others back into the pouch and placed it back into her bag.

So, your dad lived with squirrels? Thats pretty unusual. Could you maybe tell me a story about it that Pilot might have shared with you? Still groping around in her pack, Sadra's fingers finally find the soft thin leather and blade she was looking for. Skillfully, she quickly cut two thin strips off the sheet. Threading the leather though the eyelet on the squirrel charm and centering it. Im making this big enough so you should be able to wear it when your grown up, but adjustable so it wont be too big now.

Resting the charm on her leg she runs the leather string in a circle, bring each end to either side of the charm creating a double loop and tied a knot at each end.See, the knots will slide. pull them closer together, away from the squirrel and it gets larger. She slid both knots to show him. and back towards the squirrel to make it shorter. She held it out so Siri could put his head through and she could adjust it. Before making her own.

[/html]
[html]

"Dat is so cool!! It gets smaller and bigger. I wish all things worked like dat...I tried making a neck-lace out of tree pieces once...what are they called? Twiggies? I tried making one out of twiggies but it broked" Sirius nodded as he explained, then held still so that she could put it over his neck. "You has met my dad? We should all eat together sometime, with Honey and Jobe too so that I can show him that I will be 'sponsible enuff to have an animul of my own!" The youngster seemed pleased with this idea, tail whipping back and forth. "My Gramma said that he used to eat nuts and berries...but he likes fishies, too. To eat. I have tried fishies...but I didn't like them. I think I eated the wrong part though. Tasted real real bad."

[/html]