The Last of Summer
Lycan woke late from last night's success, the comfort of his new den was better than he had thought, and for a rare occasion he felt happy. Alone, but happy. That was troubling him lately, after he had met the first wolf that was ever nice to him, he had become aware of the fact that he was alone and friends weren't on his life list.
He thought about the limits due to a lonely life as he stepped into the fresh, cool air. Summer was ending, and the deep green on the trees were fading. The leaves were becoming roasted from the sun, browning and warm. Hibernation was become less adamant to many smaller creatures, meaning there was more noise of foraging on the forest floor, which would mean finding food, would be quicker. The thought of food struck Lycan's stomach; he hadn't eaten for a while, so this would be the perfect opportunity to hunt.
Walking through the river and into the forest, Lycan was keeping his nose up, taking in scents. Soon enough, he smelt a rabbit hole. Following the scent he soon found the rabbit home. He sniffed around the hole and smelt a rabbit; the creature was obviously storing the food it had recently found. Lycan reached his arm down the rabbit's home; the hole was only just big enough, so there wouldn't be any escape for the creature.
The rabbit was pretty large, tasted like a rabbit should and satisfied Lycan's stomach for the moment and the catch itself was a lot of luck. Lycan went back to wandering around and researching his thoughts. Would food always have to be caught out of luck for a lone wolf?
[html]

| +218

Ibycus

There was a lone Italian wolf wandering through the woods. There was no particular direction that he headed other than forward. He was in no hurry to get to wherever his path was leading him. The pack he carried with him that contained the only possessions that he had was slung over his shoulder as his two feet quietly padded along the dusty trail.

Ibycus was enjoying the sunlight as it filtered through the leaves, the summer breeze as it wafted by and gently ruffled his fur. He breathed in the warm and forest scented air and slowly let it out. This was his favorite time of year. It was the time of life, when everything around him was alive. The trees and bushes were leafed out as they reached for the sun. The scents that were only produced during this time of year where everything was growing made him feel happy and full of life.

It had been a while since Ibycus had met anyone however this was a new land that he was in and everywhere he looked was a new sight for him, so he was not bothered as he was sure there would be someone appearing for him to meet. Everyone he had met so far was friendly and he hoped that the trend would continue.

Ibycus "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Lycan's thought was disturbed by the soft sound of footsteps. He was slowly learning not to react with fear when he heard the approach of another wolf; he was in a good mood, so it would be better not to change it.
He stood up and walked to the direction of the footsteps.
The wolf he saw was a Luperci; it had brown and white fur and was clearly in Optime form, it looked friendly, either way. The wolf was walking around, looking at his surroundings, Lycan guessed he was watching the beauty of the season change. Lycan smiled slightly, he looked at the forests colours, the autumn season wasn't the most important season, but it was defiantly the most beautiful.
He looked back at the wolf again; he thought about talking to the wolf, he worried that he much disturb the peace. But this wolf looked friendly enough.
"The season is beautiful isn't it?" Lycan said stepping out of the shadows of the trees and bushes. The trees around him were red and brown and green, each showing their colours luminously. And the pleasant breeze past by slowly, calming the leaves and branches into a slow wave. Lycan's fur brushed slowly with the wind as he waited for the wolf's answer.
[html]

Sorry it takes me so long to post. I'm not a very good writer. | +220

Ibycus

He could feel the presence of another close by and was not surprised when the speckled wolf stepped out from the shadows. Ibycus stopped in his trek to smile at the speckled wolf that made his presence known. "Si, Signore," he replied. "Summer is the best time of year. The lands are warm, green and full of life." he continued in his Italian accented english.

After a pause as the birds sang and went about their business about them, where Ibycus decided that the speckled wolf that is before him is not going to attack he said, "Saluto my friend, I am Ibycus, and it is a pleasure to meet you." He finished with a slight bow to the other.

The warm, summer breeze wafted about them playing with the leaves of the bushes. Bored with the leaves, the breeze then played with the tufts of their fur for a bit. bored with their fur, the breeze then moved on to find something else to waft around. Ibycus took in a deep breath pulling in the scents of summer to enjoy and the scent of the other wolf so as to be able to recognize him if they meet up again in the future. The breeze returned for a moment to ruffle their fur before it got bored again and moved off.

<style>
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
{OOC- It's alright, I'm just glad someone's replied to my post Wink}

Lycan was slightly confused by the wolf's accent, but he figured there were many wolves around the lands with different voices; the voice wasn't the most important in a wolf's personality. At least that was how Lycan saw it. Lycan was relieved that the wolf was friendly, and smiled when the wolf explained about the beauty of the season. Lycan quickly scanned around the area, the breeze was smooth and cooling. With each soft gust, Lycan could smell the freshness of the grass and leaves.
The wolf soon told Lycan that his name was Ibycus, but Lycan was confused when the wolf bowed his head. Was that a way of a respectful greeting for wolves of his type? Lycan though it would be only as polite to say his name back to Ibycus. "I'm Lycan" he said and bowed his head down low, his nose slightly touching the grass and leaves. To himself, Lycan looked ridiculous; bowing wasn't something Lycan had ever done before.
Lycan lifted his head and looked back at Ibycus, he breathed in a breath of the fresh leafy scents, along with Ibycus's. Ibycus had a fresh scent, much like that of his surroundings. Lycan thought back to Ibycus accent, it didn't sound local, at least not as far as Lycan knew. He then thought about just asking Ibycus, it would put a lot of Lycan's pointless guessing at rest. "Your accent isn't something I've heard before," Lycan said calmly. "If it doesn't bother you, can you tell me where the accent originated?"
Lycan felt slightly embarrassed that he didn't know much about places other than where he lived. Lycan rested his back legs down and sat in the lush, cool grass, waiting for Ibycus's answer.
[html]

| +201

Ibycus

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Signore Lycan." Ibycus said as his tail slowly wagged back and forth making it's own breeze that was lost in the breeze that lazily swirled around them for a few moments before moving on to find someone else to lazily swirl around. The birds continued to sing and the other forest denizens continued with their scurrying about indifferent to the two wolves that are ignoring them.

Ibycus chuckled quietly at Lycan's question, "no, Signore Lycan, it does not bother me. I have been asked by many." Every time someone asked about his accent, he always wondered why they seem so interested in his, to him, ordinary accent. "I was born and raised in the mountains of northern Italy and have traveled far from my homeland to see the world."

Not realizing until now that his feet were feeling weary from walking most of the day, Ibycus takes his bag from his shoulder, moves off the path and sits down in the cool grass. His tail slowly moves back and forth in the grass as he puts his bag down next to him. "Signore, are you from here? Or have you traveled here too?" he asked Lycan.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Italy? Lycan had never heard of such of a place, he was never taught anything about the world. Lycan child-life was only full of danger, he had never been told about life away from his Father's den.
Lycan breathed slowly, as another sudden breeze washed over his fur. Lycan's ear twitched as he heard small rustling in the leaves behind him. The forest life was waking up, the birds waking from their tree top homes, and the rabbits and wild ferrets appearing from the brush.
"No I'm from here." Lycan answered. "I've lived in this area all my life; I have a new den not far from here."
Lycan knew that he lived in a quiet spot; this part of land was full of life and relative peace. But for some reason, it was never enough for Lycan. He'd wanted to explore lands for a while but, with his new den, he didn't know when would be the right time to go.
"I like this land," Lycan stated, "It's peaceful, but I've always wanted to explore the world and see what it has to offer. Although, I don't know where or when would be a good time to leave." Lycan thought for a moment, and then continued, "You said you came from Italy, in the mountains, is it far away?"
Lycan hoped that, if anything, Italy was a good place to start. Lycan thought about the mountains that Ibycus had said about, what where they like? Lycan thought about high cliffs and snow iced on the peaks. Would they be worth his trouble?
[html]

a really sucky post that took forever to write. | +214

Ibycus

For a moment, Ibycus was lost in his thoughts as he remembered the long voyage to where he is now. The long walks through the countrysides while working his way to the shores of his homeland. The long and stomach turning voyage across the ocean that he thought would never end.

A smile grew on his muzzle as Ibycus explained, "No, Italy is a long, long way away." He paused a moment trying to remember, "It took me several months to get here, both walking and a couple of months on various ships traveling on the oceans." His smile disappeared for a moment as he remembered those first few weeks on a ship and his stomach not liking it at all.

Ibycus looks at Lycan and sees something in his eyes, "A trip to Italy is a major undertaking and very dangerous." he cautioned the other. unless you have itchy feet, and a strong stomach,"[/color] he smiles at the joke he just made at his own expense. "It is a major undertaking and most likely a one way trip. Plus you need something to trade for your shipboard voyages." Ibycus ponders their surroundings for a moment, "But there is so much to see around here, one could spend a lifetime of wandering and not see everything."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Hey, I'm Essence. I can't find ANYWHERE to post. So...Don't mind me. Sammi is in Optime.

The girl was feeling slightly refreshed, her spirits were high and she was very content. She had just joined Ichika no Ho-en. She was very happy that they accepted her. She smiled and kept walking. Today was very warm considering that it was autumn. Samantha thought that nothing could dampen her happiness today. Her baby otter Lua was perched on her shoulder, digging it's tin y claws into her fur for grip. Sam was happy that she had saved the tiny soul's life. Orphaned otters wouldn't have a chance. Her backpack was slung halfheartedly over her left shoulder. Her feathers pierced into her ears swung as if they were swaying to some kind of music. As the ivory fae walked through the forest, she looked around to admire the red and orange leaves. It surely was something of beauty.

She hummed a tune to herself, you could practically feel Samantha's good mood revelating around her. She spotted two men conversing a few hundred metres away. The youth wondered if she would go greet them. She hugged her cloak tighter around herself and walked over. She smiled shyly, she wasn't good with talking to others. She had always been shy. Ever since the great fire back in Rio that killed 99% of her family. She wondered where Drew her brother was, his body was never retrieved after the big inferno. When she was in sight of the males, she smiled gently and said "Hey. I'm Samantha. I haven't been in the area long,
but where am I?"
The lady looked around confused. She had no idea on her whereabouts. Soon she would have to get back to Ichika.

<style type="text/css">
.sammyflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4758; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8c3645; }
.sammyflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sammyflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#e6baba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/070he.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 316px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b35d6c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.sammyflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sammyflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Lycan ears lowered upon hearing that Italy wasn't worth his trouble, especially since Lycan had never even been near the sea, let alone in it. "It's a shame that it has to be so far away," Lycan began, "I had hopes to one day explore the vast lands and see what the world had to offer." Lycan looked at the floor in a quick thought, there would be no point setting his sights on a land he didn't know anything about, if he was ever to explore lands, then he would need past knowledge on where he was going.
A rustle in the leaves not far to his right broke up his thoughts, it was another wolf, a Luperci, by the way she stood. She had clean, pale fur and a few feathers hung down from the side of her head. Her eyes were a delicate blue-green tone, and she had smooth facial features that gave her face a slight shine.
She was young, by the looks of her size, but she still had a striking appearance for her age. Her gentle and shining nature made Lycan smile at her approach, when then he suddenly realised that he had been staring at her for too long, he blinked his eyes and slightly shook his head.
Although she looked happy and pleasant, she seemed to look slightly confused when she asked about their location.
"Seabreeze Brink" Lycan replied to her question, he made sure that he sounded friendly and calm, he didn't want to sound aggressive and arrogant for that wasn't his nature and he didn't want to make a bad impression.
[html]
Real bad post of mine, forgive me!

Samantha shot Lycan a smile of gratitude when he told her where she was.She looked around to the other wolf and gave a friendly smile. She caught Lycan watching her but made no notice of that. She put her bag down and watched her otter scamper around the area, sniffing the males and checking out places. Sam had trained Lua to come running when she whistled. She stared at the autumn leaves for a moment, quietly mourning about the passing of summer.

So here the girl sat, at Seabreeze Brink. Standing with two strangers who seemed to be nice. What really amazed her was that the colors changed on all of the floura. At home in Rio, it was practically summer all year long. The trees leaves turned from colors varying from red, auburn and gold. This was simply amazing how things changed, animals were getting ready to hibernate during winter. Fattening theirselves up for a long sleep. For now, all she could really do was watch things change.

<style type="text/css">
.sammyflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4758; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8c3645; }
.sammyflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sammyflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#e6baba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/070he.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 316px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b35d6c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.sammyflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sammyflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Lycan smiled as the little brown furred otter scamper towards him. Lycan notice that the otter had webbed feet, and a strong thick tail, which probably indicated that it was normally found near a river or lake. He watched as it looked up at him, its shining black eyes were like beads imbedded in its head. Lycan gently moved his hand towards the otter, and smiled as it hovered its nose around his fingers.
"What's her name?" Lycan called up to the she-wolf while still happily watching the otter scatter around his feet.
Lycan had an interest in nature, the reasons behind what happened in the world, how trees and plants grow, how different creatures adapt to different environments and why each day had a different breeze. Lycan didn't know much, not as much as others would know, but he longed for the day that he would be able to learn about the knowledge of the world. He looked back down at the little otter, how had this happy, little creature come to be alive? Lycan felt stupid, asking these questions in his head, other wolves would know these answers in a heartbeat, yet Lycan found them difficult to solve.
Books. He had heard some wolves talk about them, about how the can contain knowledge written down on thin, flat sheets of material. Maybe if Lycan could find a book, it might help him answer his questions. He looked back at the otter and shed a blissful grin, knowing more about creature such as this, would be worth the search.
[html]

sorry it takes me so long to write. | +200

Ibycus

A slight frown crossed Ibycus' muzzle as Lycan seemed to be disappointed with the distance that separated them with Italy. "Do not despair, Signore, the time is not right for you to travel such a distance." Ibycus pondered his thoughts for a moment, "You have plenty here in these lands to explore before a decision is made to travel across the seas."

The smile returned to his muzzle and broadened when the young wolfess approached. As he did not know what the name of the territory he was currently in, Ibycus kept quiet for the moment. The length of time that Lycan looked at the newcomer did not pass his notice. And the returning look also was unsuccessful in it's attempt to not get noticed.

In his heavily laden Italian accent, he replied "Saluto Signora Samantha, I too am new to these lands." Ibycus let a chuckle out, "And I, too, just learned the name of this area. I am known as Ibycus, and my friend here is Signore Lycan." His attention is distracted by the otter that appeared and scurried around them. "Signora, she is so, grandissimo," his english failed him for a moment, "so precious." he finally remembered the translation.

<style>
</style>[/html]