Looks like home, feels like home. Must be home.
[html]

Just a few hours ago Mido had nothing, and was traveling alone. Now he had a new leader, a place to sleep, and was part of a new family in a place called

Anathema. Atop a few furs and pelts in a den Naniko had graciously given to him, he stared out the entrance. It all still felt so unreal to the Zepar, he

nipped himself to make sure he hadn’t been dreaming. He rolled on to his back burying his shoulder blades into the furs, taking a deep breath then letting

it out, this was nice.

Mido had settled to his den and was comfortable. It was time to get familiar with Anathema, he had seen a bit of it, but not enough. Other than his

Angela, he hadn’t come across another canine, essentially he knew nobody. Mido left his den to roam, he wouldn’t leave a stone unturned! His trip dragged

through all the parts of the Howling Caverns with the exception of the dens; he saw the Hot Springs and visited Sakana no Puru.

He emerged out of the front main entrance; the light from the sun forced his eyes shut. He stood outside the entrance squinting for a minute till his

eyes adjusted, the over curious dog wanted explore the above ground of Anathema. He didn’t know how long it would take, a day maybe more, would he meet

somebody? What the forecast had in store, who knows, but this was going to be fun.

Mido

<style>
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FF0000; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:40px; font-weight:bold;

letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template b {color:#FF0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#393A5A; background-image:url(http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... /storm.jpg); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px;

width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:5px 5px 60px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-

size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}

</style>

[/html]
[html]
HIDE YOUR INNOCENCE BEFORE THEY SEE RIGHT THROUGH
Hello there. o:

It was another day of wandering about and generally being as unproductive as possible for Jackson. Earlier in the day the youth had slipped out of the caverns, finding himself heading southward toward the shores. He'd settled himself down in the soft sands, just a few feet from the gently lapping waters. The Acidic sat cross-legged, the staff that Panda had gifted him laying across his lap, and he had done his best to meditate. He cleared his thoughts, taking in just the sounds of the waves and the smell of the salty waters. It was a habit he'd unexpectedly picked up, something he would often do without thinking.

As the day drew on and his attention began to drift, the boy gave in and resumed his trek through the Anathema lands. He eventually decided to return to the caverns. Jackson traveled this path countless times during the last few months, and had developed his own series of shortcuts through the mountainous terrain that led up to the main entrances of the caverns. It seemed that in no time he'd reached the barns, cerulean eyes glancing over the odd collection of creatures the Anathema caretakers had amassed. The Acidic still didn't understand their fascination with the creatures. Like always, he passed them by without another thought. As he approached one of the entrances into the subterranean caves, Jackson spotted another figure. "Hey," he called out as he approached, twirling his staff idly. It was an unfamiliar face, another doggish male older than Jackson. He seemed to be going out and about, much like Jackson had.

YOU MUSTN'T DISAPPOINT THEM
[/html]
[html]

Hi :]

The sun sat high in the sky, beaming down on the landscape as the day matured. Mido had just been standing outside the caves taking in the fresh air before heading out. He started to walk away from the caves entrance when a voice stopped him in his tracks, taking him by surprise. The origin of the voice was another canine of Anathema. The sun bright as it was enveloped the males’ body making him seem like an almighty being, allowing the Zepar to see no details what so ever. In closer proximity Mido could clearly see the source of the voice. It was a boy with an intriguing black and white design to his body. With him he carried a staff that had been carved, and decorated with a skull and feathers. He was not one to make assumptions or jump to conclusions, but the young man seemed rather nice. “Hi there, my name is Mido, I’m new here to Anathema.” He replied not so promptly.

He knew nothing about the boy who stood in front of him. He wondered what kind of personality the boy may have. “What is your name young man?” He asked. Mido felt rude not giving him the chance to introduce himself.

Table by Marie Lyrics and image copyright disney

<style>
.mido p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.mido-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mido p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.mido b {color:#7b281f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.mido {background-color:#cec38d; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The stranger introduced himself as Mido, revealing the fact that he was a new inductee to the Anathema family. The boy likely wouldn’t have known him even if he had been in the pack a while. Since learning to shift, Jackson seldom went out of his way to interact with packmates that weren’t directly related to him. He knew that his behavior wasn’t exactly ideal, but things had just felt so much nicer for him when he was off gallivanting on his own. The Acidic male realized that he should be putting as much effort into tasks specific to his rank as he had in travelling in and out of the territory in recent weeks. He'd seldom offered a thought to his firestarting tasks of late, but it would be necessary for him to get back into things. Doing so would thrust him back into pack interaction, however. He supposed getting to know this Mido guy would be a good start.

His new acquaintance went on to ask for his name, and the boy obliged. “Jackson,” he said as he settled his staff in front of him and leaned slightly against it. Cerulean eyes took in Mido’s features for a silent moment, making note of his pale colours and mismatched eyes. “So… how ya liking it here?” he asked, then motioned toward the nearby cave entrance. “Hope you didn’t get lost down there. The caves can be a bit tricky if you don’t know ‘em.” Wandering about the dim, winding caverns was a simple task for the boy, who had essentially grown up here. He didn’t know how confusing the idea of living within the Howling Caverns might have been for someone new to the lands such as Mido.

[/html]
[html]

Upon asking for the boys name it was given to him. The black and white patterned boy stated his name as Jackson. Mido took a couple seconds to place his

name to his face to remember him. The young man asked how he liked it in Anathema and said something about getting lost in the caves if you didn’t know

them. Mido had thought about his short time here in Anathema, being taken in by Naniko and now meeting this nice young man named Jackson. Then his mind

back tracked to the life he left behind, reinstating itself in an instant, reminding him of the pain he was happy to forget. Midos’ eyes widened as he got

excited. “It’s great, I love it here. You and lady Naniko have been so welcoming and amazing.” He said to the boy with enthusiasm, his curled tail

hitting his sides.

He thought about what the boy had mentioned, the caves being tricky. He was right about that. Those halls inside the caves wound and twisted. Had he

not been calm as he was and move slow as he did he would be lost. “I almost got lost a couple times. A wrong turn here and there, with a little bit of

back tracking. I was alright and didn’t need anyone to come rescue me.”
He said giving Jackson a goofy smile.

<style>
p.mido-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mido b {color:#7b281f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.mido {background-color:#cec38d; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Mido seemed to get pretty excited while explaining how much he enjoyed being here. That made sense to Jackson; he had a particular fondness for Anathema and believed that it was impossible to feel otherwise. What surprised the young male was how nice "lady Naniko" had supposedly been. The Acidic male wasn't particularly fond of the woman, and he did his best to avoid bumping into the Angela whenever possible. Everyone else around the pack seemed rather fond of her, much to his dismay. Perhaps he really shouldn't have been surprised then that this newcomer would find her pleasant as well. Jackson raised an eyebrow at the comment, but otherwise chose to remain silent on the subject of the snowy woman. "Well, I'm glad you're liking it. Best place around, in my opinion." A smirk tugged at his lips.

The older male explained that he'd handled the twisting caverns just fine with a jest that he hadn't needed any rescuing. "Heh, yeah, they take a bit of getting used to." A slight grin slipped onto his features. Jackson had spent much of his younger days getting to know the ins and outs of the caverns, so getting lost never seemed much of a threat to him. At least around the main caverns. Thinking about it reminded him of an encounter he'd had a few months prior with his half-brother. "You know, my brother Scorpius was working on a map of the caves a while back. If ya ever do get lost, he'd be the one to find," he said with a short laugh. Jackson wondered how much progress he'd made in exploring the caverns since then. It had been some time since he'd seen the coal-shaded male.

[/html]
[html]

The boy had said to him Anathema was the best place around making him smile slightly. Mido hadn’t been here long enough to formulate his own personal

opinion of the place, but he could easily take the boys word for it. Watching Jackson and listening to him speak about the caves; it was clearly obvious to

him that he had a wealth of experience with the elaborate system of caves. He mentioned that he had a brother named Scorpius who had worked on a map of the

caves; and to seek him out if he found himself lost. “I’ll be wise to remember that, thank you.” He replied to the young man’s remark.

Jackson said he had a brother, and this had made him curious. Did the boy have any other family or was it just his brother and himself. Mido began to

wonder if there were families tied here to Anathema. It really was not his place to poke his nose where it didn’t belong, but he just had to ask. “You

said you had brother named Scorpius. Do you have any other family here? Are there any families specific to Anathema?”
He asked this of Jackson, curious

to his reaction of Mido’s being nosy. “If my actions are uncalled for, do tell me. I don’t mean to be irritating.” He explained.

<style>
.mido {background-color:#cec38d; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Jackson nodded at the other's thanks. It was a simple enough suggestion. If Mido ever bumped into his half-brother now, they'd have a little spark to kick-start the conversation. Maybe Scorpius would get some good use out of those maps he'd painstakingly scrawled on all those sheets of paper. Jackson made a mental note to search him out some time, see how everything was going for him.

Mido went on to question him about families, finishing off by telling Jackson to call him out if he was getting irritating. The boy shook his head. "Nah, man, you're fine. As far as my family goes, my dad Ravesque and my sisters Agony and Esme live here too." He shifted his weight from one foot to the other and leaned his staff against his shoulder as he considered Mido's second question. There were only two that really came to mind, and they both had a common factor in Scorpius. "Any families specific to Anathema, huh? I mean, aside from us Acidics, there's Naniko's family, I guess. She's got a bunch of kids runnin' around here, some of 'em just pups." He shrugged. "I think she's got a sister around here too? Ehh, I dunno. Don't really keep up with them much, ya know?" And that was, of course, due in part to his self-imposed seclusion and partly from his avoidance of the snowy Angela in general.

"How about you, man? You got a family somewhere? Come here yourself?" Jackson's curiosity was finally rearing its head. He figured he'd been blabbing on long enough about himself, and he was becoming interested in learning more about his new acquaintance.

[/html]
[html]

Mido was glad his curiosity had not been too much for the young man. Jackson had filled him in on his immediate family here in Anathema. He proceeded to

explain that the Angela Naniko had quite bit of family as well, mostly comprised of children from what he had said. “That’s pretty cool.” He said to

the boy. Where he traveled from there were no families particular to any part of those lands that he knew of or ever came across. History, family and

lineage would materialize and fall of the face of the earth with and without a trace, this made those lands eerie to Mido.

Jackson followed up by asking a little about him. “Me? There’s really not much to me.” He responded thinking a little, he never gave it much

thought. “Back in America I have lots of family; most of it being the kind of family who aren’t very important that I think little to nothing about. I

have some immediate family, my mother Celile, and a younger sister named Sakran. I have an older brother I’ve never met who remains a mystery, then there’s

my pops Ellan who elected to not be there for us since I was real young.”
He explained to the young man, his ears tilted outward with silent rage he

held toward his father. This had always been a touchy subject for the Zepar, but he didn’t mind sharing with Jackson who had been open with him.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]
wc:306

Mido seemed pretty pleased to hear about the families around Anathema. Honestly Jackson didn’t know much of what went on beyond their pack’s borders or whether having prominent families in specific areas was a common thing. Aside from Anathema, the only thing he really had to compare it to was the large cult in New Brunswick. There had been a mish-mash of peoples there and a concept of free love that essentially made them all family one way or another. But the few months the boy had spent there before following his father down south were already blurring in his memories. It wasn’t really much to go on, and he wasn’t sure how much of those foggy memories he could trust. Maybe it was a common thing, if Mido was asking about it?

The boy listened intently as the older male spoke in turn about his own family. Lots of relatives, but a few that more important than the others. And then there was absent daddy. “Ah, sorry about your dad, man.” The way Mido spoke about his dad and the way it almost seemed to put him on edge indicated to the hybrid boy that it was a touchy subject. While Jackson hadn’t been outright abandoned, he could relate, in a way. “I know what it’s like bein’ raised by one parent. My ma died when I was real little.” Killed, really, from what he was told. He didn’t know all that much about what had happened, except that it had been what spurred Ravesque to relocate out here. He had been too young at the time to really understand what had been going on, and asking about it now just seemed… pointless. He could barely even remember what Cinder looked like now. What would be the point in finding out the specifics of her death?

[/html]
[html]

The young black and white colored boy had been a great listener. Mido watched the young man’s expressions as he blabbered on about his family, father and

such. Jackson had occasionally nodded his head in some form of understanding. Speaking up the boy had apologized regarding the status of the mutt’s father.

The young man explained that his mother had died when he was very young. Jackson had grown up understanding the experience of being raised by a single

parent.

Raising a paw into the air Mido tossed it kind of aimlessly in a whatever fashion. “Thanks, but there is no need to apologize or even feel bad for

that matter. To be honest, all in all my life really hasn’t been that bad, even with my father not being part of it. I turned out alright being raised by

my mother only. I can’t say for sure, but I don’t think had my pops been there I would be as well off as I am.”
He said to the sympathetic boy. Now

that he thought about it, it was just a fact, life could have been way worse that it had been. Since he had left America, he had a new home and a new

family. He would have the chance to make new friends and get to know better people.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

Mido seemed fine enough with how his parental situation had been growing up, waving it off and claiming that he was probably better off this way anyway. Nice outlook, right there. Jackson had to say that he felt much the same way. He hadn’t needed his mother. Ravesque had done a damn good job raising him, if Jackson had to say so himself. “Ha, well, that’s good, man.” He was glad the subject hadn’t been as touchy as he initially thought.

The boy idly pushed at a few leaves with the bottom of his staff. His gaze drifted back up to the pale dog before speaking again. “So, did ya have to travel real far to get to good ol’ Anathema, here? See some cool places?” Where was it he said he was from? America? “Can’t really say that I know where “America” is at...” The boy’s geographical knowledge went only as far as a small portion of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick to the north, where he had been born. Maybe he could learn a little bit more about the world from Mido. Finding out a bit more about the world and what could be seen out there intrigued the young man.

[/html]
[html]

The boy hadn’t known where America was located and asked the Zepar if he had traveled far to get to Anathema. Mido never thought about exactly how long

the distance he traveled had been. Mido had to remember the geography of North America and where he had been now. He was pretty sure from coast to coast it

was roughly 2,500 to 3,000 miles in length. “America is a pretty large country just west of here neighboring New Brunswick. When I moved here I started

in Washington, and that’s at the other end. That puts the trip here a little more than 3,000 miles, it seemed to take forever.”
He explained to

Jackson. It certainly, by no means was around the world but to him it was far.

He had never told anybody about the country he had resided in before. Thinking about it was kind of strange to him. He had lived in a handful of its

states, but there was like fifty of them. In all actuality he hadn’t seen or experienced nothing there. “It’s a big place, and if you ever felt like

traveling somewhere America wouldn’t be a bad place to visit.”
He mentioned to the intent listener.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]
His listened with continued silence as Mido began to describe a bit about the land he had come from. New Brunswick was mentioned, for which Jackson was glad, as if gave him another reference point for the map he was constructing in his mind. He mentally made a note of the place called Washington, out at the far end of the country. As the Zepar explained exactly how far he’d traveled, the boy’s eyes widened a bit in surprise. That was really far. Farther than Jackson had expected to hear. Mido claimed that it seemed to take forever, and the comment prompted a chuckle from the hybrid. “Haha, I bet it did. That’s some crazy distance, right there. Dunno how you did it. Farthest out I’ve been is New Brunswick, and that’s only ‘cause I was born there.” Mido must have seen all sorts of things if he’d been travelling that long.

The older male suggested his old homeland as a place to visit. Jackson considered it, head tilting to the side for a moment before nodding. “Hey, man, maybe I’ll have to.” Jackson didn’t really see himself leaving Anathema at all in the near future, but the boy had to admit that he had a bit of a love for wandering about. If he ever became so taken with travelling that he chose to leave, he would have to put this America place at the top of his list. He didn’t think he would be heading thousands of miles out, but, hey, who knew what the future held in store for him. Jack wasn’t keen on thinking too far ahead, though. What was meant to happen would happen.

[/html]