I was on my way to the center of the sun
[html]
as a game I put my hand over the flame

For the best Disney princess ever. Word Count »

His mind was nearly made up now. Gotham had sat awake for most of the night debating what would be best, his mood every changing, ever fluid. Something felt different within his chest, something he disliked. Doubt, maybe. Was he frightened to go there? Not when he was Savina’s son, the first son, the one who could and would do what needed done. In the short term, he was expendable. Anu was not.

This was why he had spent the past few days around the Manor, reading when he could, soothing his nerves. The supplies he had gathered were few; a knife from the military base he called home, some medicine from his sister, some dried meat. He had been to AniWaya only once before, and knew the distance. It would not be long, but if those savages had not improved conditions for the prisoners, they would need subsistence to carry them home.

Yet he had not left yet, for his nerves were too high strung. He desperately wished to drink, but control kept him from doing so. Instead he sat on the porch, as he had the day previous, though he was now a two-legged, burly man with unkempt hair and a cigarette in his hand. While he had managed to stay sober, he could not deny the cigarettes now. Not while war hung heavy over his home.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... gotham.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 504. Tra la laaaaa.

Days became a blur. They rose and fell like steady breaths, but the young woman awoke each day to the same thing. As she dressed to the twittering of happy summer birds, Giselle strode out to her balcony, clutching a book to her chest. It had quickly become her favorite, her Sleeping Beauty book. Within it lay the note which, like the book, the Fantasia woman read again and again. The words would have normally put a smile to her face, but she presently could not find comfort even as the sun kissed her body, clad in her pink and white silk gown.

The Dreamers just hadn't been the same since the war, she knew. Giselle could feel it, whenever she walked along the Manor and saw the sullen faces, weary eyes, and always-attentive ears and noses pressed to the wind. Anu, Savina's right hand, had still been taken by those.. "Savages," she muttered into the warm air, finishing her thought. The young hybrid hadn't a clue that others, especially their neighbors, could be so cold as to take their own away. And ever since, things were quiet, and Giselle's heart felt weary.

Despite it all, however, she was determined to do what she could. For the dark queen, for Sunki and her family.. for everyone. All seemed quiet as the ivory girl opened her door softly, like a child sneaking out of their room in the late hour. Placing the book down upon the bed carefully, she decided that a new book under the embrace of the sun would be a welcome respite to the dark cloud that loomed over the Manor. So, she fluttered past the cold tiles of the kitchens with her stoat close behind, and around to the library to browse the shelves for the book that Silvano and she had read during their outing. Her heart fluttered wildly as she nearly stumbled upon the leg of the couch - the one she had sat and cried upon over a dreadful story under the moon's gaze. When she found the book with the painted cover, she strode out swiftly, a wash of memories clouding her vision.

Her feet moved faster, even after she was out of the library, but still the memories followed her. The cream tipped princess quickly remembered the vivid, gruesome details of the story she heard that night - one she cared not to think about again - and then his comforting words, and then his unexpected warmth that surrounded her, engulfed her. The long strides soon became a full run towards the open doors of the Manor, outside into the waiting sunlight, clutching the book to her chest with her vision blurred. Giselle could not hear Tux's adamant squeaking as the girl's foot bumped into something hard, lurching her form forward. "Ahh!" All at once, the book flew from her hands, and the porch was swept from under her and the earth came up to meet her face, her dress bundled about her as she fell.

<style type="text/css">
.seastar-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#c891a8; letter-spacing:1px}
.seastar p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seastar {margin:0 auto; background-color:#bac9de; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/o8fi9y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8d96cb; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #44485c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae!

[/html]
[html]

Slight PP saying she tripped on him and Tux was ANGRY about it. Let me know if you want it changed! Word Count »

His own thoughts so distracted him from the world that Gotham was oblivious to everything; the sunlight, the still-warm breeze, and the girl that ran him down. A jolting sensation struck his side, knocking the cigarette free from his hand, but it was not enough force to send him from the porch. It did, however, topple a crème colored girl with a thud that was sickeningly soft. Panic filled him, and the dark wolf rose to his feet and all but threw himself down to help her up. “Oh I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he began babbling, blue eyes wide and full of concern.

“Are you okay? You didn’t break anything, did you? Are—“ Before he could continue, the furry companion he had not noticed until that point launched himself between the pair. Gotham started as the furious squeaks and cheeps of the stoat’s tongue likely cursed him for being so clumsy. He drew back nervously, ears half-folding as if he had truly been the one at fault.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 413. That's totally fine :3. I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION.

The world was an auburn blur after she stumbled to the earth, and her hair tumbled in waves in front of her face. Before she knew it, she felt the touch of someone, and she let herself be helped up. Giselle felt confused all the while, free hands brushing hair back from her face. What remained of her tears stained her pale cheeks, as stray strands of hair remained stuck there. The young woman attempted to compose herself, all the while listening to apologies, before she turned and she shook her head frantically in response. "No, it's okay, I-- oh!" She paused as her gaze finally met dark, denim ones. But what initially surprised her was his dark black fur, much like the Savina woman's, and though 'Elle tried to rid of the silly notion that all sable creatures were wicked, her heart still beat wildly.

But her train of thought made her jump again, as Giselle looked quickly at her companion who jumped off the porch to meet them. He shrilled angrily, and the sudden shock of the other male's dark fur was soon forgotten, her face replaced with obvious embarrassment. Pale eyes softened as she watched the black male begin to retreat some, taken aback by the smaller animal's scorns. Tux's words were wild, and even Giselle had some trouble interpreting his speech, but she watched as the stoat circled around the stranger, and made to nip at the stranger's feet.

"No, please.. don't hurt him!" Giselle pleaded with her small companion, knowing how brave her small friend was and how quick he was to defend. But she did not want this black stranger to dislike her nor hurt the chocolate stoat in return. "It's okay, it was an accident," she stammered, hoping the small animal would hear her. Still, his squeaking continued, and Giselle felt so flustered and panicked, and spoke in his language instead, barking out a single word. "Enough!" She squealed in low speech, and Tux fell silent. Her face turned into an apologetic one, but whether it was for the blue eyed male or the stoat was uncertain. The dark haired girl then found herself at a loss for words, as too many things happened at once. Instead, she put her fingers to her lips as new tears formed in her pale eyes. "I'm so sorry," she choked out, returning his previous apologies with her own heartfelt one, suddenly dreading what this other now thought of her.

<style type="text/css">
.seastar-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#c891a8; letter-spacing:1px}
.seastar p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seastar {margin:0 auto; background-color:#bac9de; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/o8fi9y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8d96cb; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #44485c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count »

To his surprise, the weasel was hardly the frightened animal most of the ones he had seen in the wild were. His instinct told him this was prey, but he was an educated man and knew better. That and the girl seemed to control the animal, which retreated back to her. Gotham stared. He didn’t realize he was staring until her face filled with sorrow.

“Oh no, no!” He stammered, raising his dark hands palm-up in a gesture of forgiveness. “It was my fault. I wasn’t paying attention, I was…” Smoking. Blue eyes turned and the wolf spotted his crushed cigarette. Oh well. He shouldn’t have been smoking anyway. Not when he was preparing for war. “Are you okay? I’m not a medic, but my sister is, she could look at you if you’re hurt.” Relying on other people. How awful. He felt worthless, and this only solidified his urge to go and save Anu more.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 486.

An appalling look graced her pure colored face, afraid of what the male would think of her and her stoat. She was more afraid of the voice she directed at her companion, a forceful voice that was much unlike herself. A fear that tears would spill further frustrated her, and before a few could fall and steak her cheeks she brushed them vigorously away with a hand. His forgiveness was quick, and he looked like he felt at fault, but all Giselle could think was that her first impression was ruined, having exploded in tumult and chaos all at once. Again she shook her head, feeling as apologetic and sorrowful as he in that moment. "I hope he didn't harm you." Eyes moved down to the stoat at her feet, who still kept an eye on the stranger before them, small round ears set back on his dark head.

"Oh, no, I'm fine~" Giselle nodded, and smiled tentatively at the dark male. Her stomach was in knots when she looked at the shadowy man, but she had to rid the silly notion of wickedness from her mind. His dark, dazzling blue eyes were kind enough, she convinced herself. She had once thought the same cruelty to come of Savina, but she was a kind and strong woman, so why not for this dark Dreamer, too? Pushing stray hairs away from her face, her smile was replaced with a look of horror, as 'Elle scanned the floor for the book that had flung from her arms in the fall. "Oh no, my book. It's around here somewhere.." And with a squeak, Tux moved like gentle flowing water upon the ground, and stood on his two back legs upon finding the open book, with an expression that said he was proud to have found it.

Swiftly, she stooped to pick it up as the stoat leaped off of it, cradling it as she wiped the dust off of it. Stepping forward, she looked back at the man, clutching the item to her chest as if afraid it would fall again. "Who is your sister? I bet she's lovely," she remarked without knowing the female's name, but curious all the same to know. But in Giselle's mind, she tended to hurts, and briefly wondered if the woman could cure emotional damage as easily as a cut on the arm. Nearly forgetting herself, she shifted the book to the crook of her arm as she extended another out towards him. "I'm Giselle," came her soft voice, with a smile to match. "And this is my brave friend, Tux." The young woman glanced down at him briefly, sitting by her feet warily. "I.. I hope he didn't harm you, he was just being protective." Giselle chewed on her lip, feeling the need to apologize for the animal's actions, hoping against hope she would not make an enemy out of this ordeal.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px;text-indent:25px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]