These hands will cause no harm
Date: 27th of august
Time: Morning
Form: Optime

Amaranth yawned as she moved to the lake in Ethereal. She had been camping out here getting her head wrapped around what she wanted to do. She had been training and trying to understand whyh now of all times did Kable return. She had needed her brother and he had not been there why was it now that he came back? she moved herself to the waters edge looking down she sighed tracing the faint scar where hair didn't grow. Vigilante had saved her that day her dad was her hero. though had Kable been around would he have saved her? Would she hate her mom so much? She felt like she had chased him way. But he was back.

Amaranth scooped up some water into her hands and splashed it on her face. She was so young and had so many things she wanted to do. She had to admit she wasn't quite ready for all the things she knew would come. She didn't want to lose her mother and the fact was she wasn't getting younger though had you asked her a few months back she would have gladly killed her herself. But now she was going to have more siblings and she had to help her mom. She hoped Kable would too.

"Alright body time to move" She said to herself as she stood up. She slid her bag on one shoulder and then lifted her bow staff. She was so ready to go and keep going. She would be home in a few days after she was done souls searching.
It had been two days since Rurik had tried to break into Cercatori D'Arte's borders and was repulsed by a freakishly large man. The result of which was a bite to his shoulder and a long slash on his back, both of which hurt terribly still. He had done his best to take care of the wounds himself, but he had nothing to clean them with and no proper bandages, he used his ruined shirt as a bandage, so they were likely infected or on their way to becoming infected. All he knew was that they hurt, a lot. As he stumbled threw the woods, he cursed the man that had done this to him, as he had for the past 2 days straight. not only had the man injured him though, but he had also ruined his only cloak and one of his shirts with bite holes and a slash in the back, and Rurik didn't have the skill or materials to repair them. "I'll kill him next time I see him...I'll tear him apart. He's lucky I didn't have my sword." He said, his voice weak. He hadn't eaten or drank anything in the two days due to lack of food and water and he was pretty sure he was slowly getting a fever, which only made him more irritated. His stomach growl loudly, prompting a glare from Rurik. "Quiet you..." He mumbled, and continued on.

After a little walking, he came to the bank of a lake. His pain was all most forgotten as he rushed to the water's edge to drink, throwing down his back and staff in his haste. He had been in such a rush to sate his thirst that it wasn't until his 3rd mouth full that he noticed that someone else was here as well. He slowly looked over at the female, tongue hanging out of his mouth in mid-lap. He was more worried about his thirst than the female right then, so he resumed his drinking, though with less gusto now. Once he finished he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. Unfortunately he used his left hand, which meant he moved his injured shoulder. He let out a small yelp of pain as the injury flared from the seemingly harmless movement. The pain traveled from his shoulder down to the slash on his back, making him give a low growl. He glance up at the female, wondering if she had heard, then decided that he didn't care. He needed to find food now that he had had something to drink, but he needed to rest first. Sitting down and putting his staff over his lap he closed his eyes, but kept one peaked open to keep on eye on the female.
Amaranth thought that she was alone. She hadn't noticed that there was another who appeared. The wind tossed her pony tail around a bit as she looked over to where the male was drinking the lake dry. The smell of dried blood laced the air. She looked at him lilac gaze focused on him.

She tightened the belt on her pants, they were very loose fitting to resemble a Japanese samurai's pants. her top just a black tank top that had a rip by her stomach. she didn't care much she was comfy and able to move more free like this. After all quick movements were key when fighting with a staff.

Gripping her bag she moved swiftly towards the man. Staff in one hand ready to defend for she could see his on his lap. You've been injured have you been doing something foolish. She was no master of healing but she could clean out a wound and bandage it well enough to allow it to heal. though anyone with half a brain could too but its much harder when you can't reach it.

Can I help you?" She asked
Rurik legitimately surprised that the woman had offered to help him, and more so when she suggested that he had been doing something foolish. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at her his vision slightly blurry from lack of food and a slight fever. "You don't even know me and you're calling me a fool..." He said flatly, and probably a bit colder than he had intended. "But to answer both of your questions, yes I was doing something foolish. I was caught trying to steal from Cercatori D'Arte and was attacked by a rather large man." He sighed, now that she knew he was a thief he expected her to haul him up and make him walk back to the Pack that he had just come from to face judgment. Knowing his luck she was probably from Cercatori D'Arte. "And yes...if you wouldn't mind, you can help me."

Rurik tilted his head at his left shoulder. "The man bit me there and put a slash on my back...both of which are probably infected or close to it..." He sighed a quietly, his breath hitching slightly as a sharp pain lanced down his back and shoulder. "You know it would be easier for you to just pretend you never saw me...I don't belong to a pack and I have no friends or family, it's not like anyone would miss me or hate you for not helping." He gave her a sad grin and sighed again. He had no idea why he had shared anything about himself with this stranger, but he had. "Damned fever...that's gotta be it...in any case she probably doesn't even care..." He thought to himself, and could almost feel her hauling him up and shoving him back toward the pack, and his death.
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amaranth knew very little about medicine other then what she learned from her uncle who was no medic. And what she had taught herself from books. After all books were the gate way to the world. She would never preform any major medical thing but she figured at least she could clean and properly dress the wounds that way they could heal better.

Stupidité stupidité absolue. She said knowing that he would not not under stand her. She loved being bi lingual and she couldn't help but use it at times when she wanted no one to know what she was saying. "I'm not a medic, I can do enough to insure that they heal but I don't proclaim to be a medic.

She wanted to make sure that he was well aware that she had no training. It wasn't what she wanted to do anyhow she was a warrior she had a higher calling then taking care of the weak. lilac eyes narrowed as she set down her staff. Les voleurs méritent qu'ils reçoivent mais la maman m'a enseigné mieux. she spoke as she looked at him. I've never been one for easy so shut up and deal she said with a tone that was full of force. At this point if he felt like being an idiot she could deal with him easily. Your lucky I'm not from D'Arte and your also lucky my mama raised me differently Though she had to admit he did deserve this. Your lucky your alive.

He was dropping her staff and bag she looked at him. "Have you eaten at all?" She asked

<style type="text/css">
.selfrighteous b {font-weight:bold; color:#f51e31; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.selfrighteousooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb7b86; text-align:right;}
.selfrighteous p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.selfrighteous {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#f8edf4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... hteous.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Rurik was rather surprised that the woman didn't jerk him up right then and haul him back to D'Arte. When she spoke in some other language he tilted his head. He had never heard it before, but from the general sound of it she had called him stupid again, but that was just a guess. "Well you may not be a medic, but I'm sure what ever you can do is better than I can..."

When she spoke in the other language again, he tilted his head but kept quiet and watched her as she came over and set her staff down. It was rather scary how good her timing was because just as she said he should shut up and deal, he had been about to say something. Instead, he shut up. He sat there in silence as she told him what he was lucky for, and he had to admit that he tended to agree. Had she been from D'Arte, she probably would have offed him; he probably was lucky that her mother had taught her to not kill thieves; and he was defiantly lucky to be alive after that fight with the giant man. Her question on whether or not he had eaten recently caught him off guard. "What does she care? I asked for medical assistance not food..." He thought about lying and saying yes, but his stomach answered for him, letting out a loud, hungry growl. he looked down at it and then up at her and spoke in a rather small voice. "No..no I haven't, for two days."
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amaranth looked at her bag as she waited his answer.She carried many things in it after all she could get bored and then need something to do. She still wondered what made her want to help the man. No one who did wrongful things deserved help. But her mother always taught her that those who do wrong are not always bad. Was it the fact that he could not hurt her that made her care not what he did. She just didn't know.

The answer came as no surprise to her. She figured he had not eaten after all like that he most likely couldn't hunt. She reached into her bag and pulled out a piece of meat. looking at him she handed it to him. Your stupid, you need things going in to heal the outside. The body cant build something outta nothing. she stated as she rummaged threw her bag. She didn't know a lot about healing but what she read was important. She knew the wounds needed to be cleaned and covered to protect from infection. In this area though she doubted she'd find any additional herbs to use. She'd just have to use the few items she had from trade and what her uncle brought her. Pulling out a bowl she sighed, she dipped it into the lake and swished the water about then dumped it and refilled the bowl. pulling out a small cloth she dipped it into the bowl. Amaranth Catori, Of the court. She stated.

Not that it mattered who she was or what she did. She lightly rang out the cloth and placed it on his back. changing colors she sighed the poor guy was truly stupid this was bad. She placed the cloth back in her bowl and repeater what she had just done. She knew not why she was helping this man he meant nothing to her. Well atleast if she died she could say she did one good deed.

<style type="text/css">
.selfrighteousooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb7b86; text-align:right;}
.selfrighteous {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#f8edf4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... hteous.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Rurik couldn't help but grin when she insulted him again. He knew he was stupid, for more than one reason. He slipped his cloak off and pulled his shirt up using his good arm so she could get to his back. In doing so he revealed the extend of the damages. The bandages on his shoulder was soaked with blood on both sides, meaning there was likely injury to both sides of his shoulder, with the front being the worst. The slash on his back was what caught one's attention though. It had luckily been a clean, straight, diagonal cut from his right shoulder blade down to about his mid back. It looked relatively deep, though not enough to sever his spinal cord or cause any permanent damage, just hurt like hell.

As if that weren't enough, it was red, swollen looking, and warm to the touch, meaning it was probably infected. The inside of it was a dark red/black mix as the blood had dried about a day ago and was already beginning to crack inside the wound. from these cracks came a mixture of blood and a clear pus fluid, meaning that it was defiantly infected, but probably not far along and still treatable with the right stuff.

He winced as open air touched the tender flesh and looked at her pleadingly when she began getting her things ready. Please be gentle...it hurts enough as is..." He hated sounding weak like that, but it hurt! When she moved around behind him and introduced herself he nodded in assent. Rurik Ivanov... He wanted to say something smart about being a loner and not having a pack, but a searing pain jolted him as soon as she touched the cloth to his back. He clamped his muzzle shut and gripped his staff in his lap so hard that the wood creaked and the muscles in his arms stood out taunt under his skin and fur. When she pulled away, he breathed out a ragged breath. Would you mind being a bit gent-" He had intended on saying 'gentler' but another white hot pain prevented him. If this is what getting healed was going to feel like maybe he would have been better off wandering around.

<style>
.moon p.ooc {text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size: 12px; color: #FFFFFF; }
.moon p {padding:0px; text-indent:10px; color:#FF0000; font-size:12px;}
.moon b {color:#FFFFFF; font-size:13px;}
.moon i {color:#C0C0C0; font-size:11px;}
.moon {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... ikmoon.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:4px solid #800000; width:500px; background-color: #000000; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; margin: 0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amaranth had almost not waited for the man to remove his shirt before she started to treat him. She looked at the crusting sore on his back. As she gave a light growl to his whining. I gave you a piece of meat stuff it in your mouth and shut up." she said. She was being as easy as she could. From what she could see this was the worst. She wished she could sew like strel then she could close this and tell him to come find her. But there was no way in hell. She stunk at the girly things in life. Actually she stunk at a lot of things.

Amaranth pulled out another bowl and dipped it into the pond filling it only slightly. She sighed scouring threw her bag. "I don't see what you could have wanted to steal in D'Arte" She said as she pulled out a bag and poured it into the water. It was herbs that her uncle brought her from where ever he went. she let them sit in the water as she picked the rag out of the bowl of water. "I'd lie and say this isn't going to hurt but that seems so wrong. She said. She found this somewhat gross as lightly as she could she rubbed the edges removing the puss. She almost thought about starting a fire and burning the wound shut.

After cleaning the wound she tossed the rag to the side and pulled out another one and placed it in the water checking the herbs she moved to his side so she could see both sides of his shoulder. "Doing ok bud?" She asked almost in a cruel tone but it was laced with sarcasm. "Your back is pretty infected." She stated as she laid the wet cloth on his shoulder and stood up. she dusted off her pants and smiled. Figured you could use a minute to breath.

She moved towards the trees and begun to break branches. She figured if he wanted to talk he would if not she'd just start a fire and go back to cleaning wounds. She wanted to boil water she wanted tea and to use at a slightly coolr temp to clean the wounds out before placing sav on them. Mara dropped wood off and begun to place it just right. She'd have to pull out her small pot and metal rod to hold it over the fire. Slowly she put everything together letting the fire slowly build as she looked over to him and filled her pot. The wound on his back still red and now bleeding from her removing puss and dried blood.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Rurik had to bite back a growl when she snapped at him to shut up and eat. Instead, he settled with mild grumbles and the occasional bite on the meat. In truth, he wanted to devour the meat in a bite or less, but he knew that would probably make him sick after not eating for two days.

He watched her carefully, eying her bag. "She certainly does have a lot of things in there it seems, things I could use...No Rurik, no. She's helping you! You won't steal form her!" As nice as the thought seemed, Amaranth was being kind to him, if rude while doing so, instead of turning a blind eye to him and letting him die, or worse. When she warned him that it was going to hurt, he tensed swallowed the food in his mouth and tensed up, preparing for another jolt of hot pain, but it never came. At least, not like before. He could feel the burn of her rubbing, but it wasn't as bad as before; it was tolerable.

Once she was done he continued eating in silence, choosing not to answer her question as to whether or not he was ok as it had seemed sarcastic in nature. Upon examination of his shoulder, she would see that it wasn't as bad as his back, and wasn't infected. It had scabs, but constant movement kept them broken and tender, which was why it hurt so much. He barely noticed when she laid the cloth over it now, having gotten used to the sever pain of his back. He stayed silent as she gathered branches, for what he didn't know. After a few minuets he realized that she was starting a fire, he didn't care why. After a bit of watching the flames flicker, he grew tired of the silence. "Why are you helping me..." He asked flatly, continuing to look into the fire.
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amranth said noting as she worked on her fire getting water going over it. She watch as the fire began to burn hot. She had to admit moving things over the fire scared her a little still. She didn't know why something that happened so long ago why did it effect her so? She Placed the pot over the fire removing her hand as quick as she could. She smiled as she turned back t him.

She ignored him for a moment as she picked up the bowl with the herbs. "I don't really know anything about herbs but... My uncle says this stuff helps with pain and infection I don't even know whats in it. she stated as she handed him the bowl to drink. She pulled out a cup and some tea leaves.

The fact was she was helping him because she could. She sat there looking at the fire her mind played with thoughts. Why? Why not... You didn't wrong me and after all maybe you'll learn that stealing isn't right. She said as she wrapped her tail onto her lap. She patted where only flex of white lay. She had a harder time balancing on two legs missing part of her tail. Not so much now, but when she was learning. "Someone tried to help me and thanks to them I got better so if I help you you will too. She stated looking at him. I'm going to rinse out the wounds with arm water and then I will wrap them up to protect them from more infection" She said as she looked at him. There really wasn't anything else she could do.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

roll over for translation

Rurik took the bowl and gave it a hesitant sniff. It didn't smell bad, rather like settled water. He wasn't sure if he wanted to drink it, and the fact that she didn't even know what was in it didn't help much. Though, she hadn't hurt him so far so he had no reason to suspect she would now. Just as he was about to take a drink she answered his 'why' question, making him pause. He looked over at her and sighed, setting the bowl down in his lap. "I know stealing is wrong...I mean, it's not like I go around stealing from everyone I see. I just needed something and figured what better place to get what I need that from a pack?" He looked down at the ground. I'm not proud that I steal, but it is necessary at times. He said, and sighed again.

He mulled over what he had done, or tried to do rather, in his mind. He hadn't tried to steal because he needed anything, he had done it because he was bored and was curious. That didn't make him a bad person did it? While he thought about this, he drank the water she had handed to him. as soon as he did he spit it out, sputtering and coughing, the bowl spilling on the ground. "Yebat!" He slipped into Russian for a moment out of surprise. He didn't know much of the language, not as much as Amaranth knew of what ever her language was, but he knew enough. "What was that?! It taste disgusting!" He said, licking his cloak to try and get the taste off of his tongue. "A little warning next time you plan on having me drink something that taste like manure please..." He said, looking over at her with a light glare, wondering if she hadn't told him just for a quick laugh.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk p {padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; font-size:12px;}
.rurikk b {color:#3399FF; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurikk i {color:#6D6D6D; font-size:13px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... e/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amaranth was busy sorting out the remaining things she needed as she flinched when she heard him yell a word she had never heard before. She glared at him as she stopped what she was doing. What did he expect from herbs? She had to admit he wasn't very bright. "They are herbs that will help fight infection and help you heal" she said as she gave him a dirty look. She poured some water into a bowl and she smiled.

Now she wanted to flush all the wounds with the warm water. She had to admit for a man he wasn't very tough. She sighed as she sat behind him. "This is going to be pretty warm but it will help clean out these wounds." She started by pouring some over the shoulder that was crusty just to clean it. She then moved on to his back slowly she poured it. She didn't want to cause him to much more pain but she had to admit there wasn't much she could do.

Amaranth sighed as she placed the bowl down. She picked up a jar and opened it. The paste inside was mashed herbs the only thing medically her uncle knew how to make. It was herbs that would fight infection and she hoped if would help him. Taking a dry towel and drying his fur. "So why are you putting up with me?" she asked. As she pulled out clean bandages to have them ready.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Here!

Rurik continued to glare at her as she told him what they were, what he pretty much already knew. He really should have expected it to taste like crap, but he hadn't seeing as he had never had to drink something like that before. He noticed the dirty look she gave him, so he stuck his tongue out at her when she wasn't looking.

There was still a little bit of the herb-water in the bowl he had dropped. He thought for a seconds about drinking what was left, but decided against it. There wasn't enough left for it to do anything but give him a bad taste in his mouth. When she moved behind him with a bowl of water and warned him it would be warm, he braced himself for scalding hot water, but it didn't come. The water was actually pleasantly warm. It made his back sting a bit, but it wasn't intolerable. He glanced back at her when she picked up the jar of stuff and began spreading it over it back. In contrast to the water, the paste was a bit cold and it felt strange on his wound, but he didn't mind.

He faced back forward as she dried his fur, his mind starting to wander a bit. Before it could wander too far however, she asked a question that seemed rather odd to him. "Putting up with you? You're helping me here, that seems like a question I would ask you." He said glanced back at her again and then looking back forward. "If anything I'm indebted to you for helping me, so me... He said, staring at the smooth black surface of his staff as he spoke.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... e/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc
Hover for translation

Amaranth was tired and she was annoyed by the way this man was. He just seemed to not care. She shrugged it off as she began to wrap the new clean cloth around him. She had laid two pieces of cloth right on the wound to help keep it clean if this bandage was to fall off.

"Don't say that because I doubt I'll ever see you again. you got lucky this time next you wont be" she said laughing. Besides she wanted nothing a thief could give, so what if she helped him. She could ignore him while she worked she could pretend he was a doll and not deal with him really. So that was no problem.

She tied off the end of the bandage and looked over at her fire. "I'm not going to deal with your shoulder its not bad. she stated as she looked at him then back at her pot on the fire. She moved her hand over the flames removing the pot as she forced herself to not flinch. The fire always drove her nuts and she found herself trying not to let anyone see. At home she'd make a fire to make Niro think she was over her fear. Though she figured he knew better he was smart. Placing the pot on the ground she sighed lightly.

"Would you like some more food or some warm tea?" she asked as she glanced back at him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Here!

Rurik grunted a bit at her comment. You never know...we may run across each other again. He said, grinning back at her just a bit and then looking back forward with a sigh. He wasn't positive, but he thought he caught a hint of irritation about her. He wasn't sure why she would be irritated, unless she thought he was nothing but a no-good thief, which was only some what true; he only stole when he had to. He sighed again and stared into the fire, letting his mind wander again as he watched the flames.

He had been so absorbed in his random thoughts that he almost didn't hear her ask him if he wanted food or drink. "Yes please..." He said quietly, not looking away from the dancing flames.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc
Dear lord Marie posted surprise surprise

Amaranth shrugged as she looked at him. She wasn't big on running into loners a lot she tired to keep herself safe but hey she needed to do what she needed to do. Leaving the poor guy for dead had seemed wrong even though he had done wrong.

Reaching into her bag she pulled out some dried rabbit. "Its dried because I can make it last longer." She said as she handed it to him. She could step into the pond and get fish but she was rather lazy. Amaranth watched the fire as she filled a cup with warm water placing tea leaves in it. "It'll taste weird if your not used to it. But Tea is good for the body as well." Amaranth said. She poured the remaining water on the fire putting it out. She flinched slightly was the hot steam hit her. It was warm like fire and it too bothered her a bit. So you gunna behave?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

Rurik looked away from the fire when she held out the dried rabbit for him to take, but didn't look at her directly in her eyes, but focused on the meat she offered instead. "Spasibo...thank you" He said, taking the meat and eating it slowly. Almost as soon as he went back to watching the flames she handed him a cup of tea, which he took with a muttered thank you again. He took a sip and coughed a bit. It wasn't as bad at the water she had him drink earlier, but it much better. He took a bite of the meat and resumed watching the fire, just as she put it out. He shot her an irritated glance and sighed. He had never been good at making small talk with strangers.

When she asked if he was going to behave he grinned a bit and looked at her. "That would depend on your definition of behave..." He slowly let his grin fall and looked up at the sky, watching the clouds pass over head. He picked one out that resembled a wolf's head, before it molded itself into a shapeless mass. He wasn't sure if she wanted to talk, and if she didn't then he wasn't going to try and start up a conversation, but if she did they he was sure she would say something.

<style type="text/css">
.rurikky b {font-weight:bold; color:#daefa4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #222b0c;}
.rurikky p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.rurikky {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#889294; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2j2ylps.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e5657; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c1c1c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.rurikky p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.rurikky p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]