rusted razor blades
She didn't know what had found her in the middle of the strange strange empty yard. The long rotted remains of wood that the humans had obviously used at one point seemed to be piled high everywhere but the smallest touch would bring the sturdy looking shells crumbling down. She had touched one or two pieces before giving up on trying to see if they could be used, finally the silver and gold hued woman turned towards the old abandoned building before her, the silence of the mill yard was alarming but she assumed it was because of her own presence.

Strolling into the hollow building she let her eyes adjust to the dim light as the scent of long decaying materials rained supreme. Shaking her head to clear the first intrusion of smells from her nose she began to explore. She was shocked to find that there wasn't really anything to the building except more piles of the rotting wood and rows of rusty looking human machinery. Up above she could see a room that seemed to overlook the whole floor, the whole face of it seemed to be glass, the dull reflection of light flickering off it, ignoring the room for the moment she began examining one of the old blades, the metal still sharp as razors though rust covered the blade making it look as though covered with old dry blood. Shaking her head she ran a finger over the blade, turning it slowly and watching the rust fleck away from the metal leaving a dull sheen underneath.
[html]Slay had been wandering, unsettled, unthinking, until he had stumbled upon this place. His thick arctic coat of ebony and alabaster was marked with some patches of mud, from where he had fallen asleep along the way. A shabby appearance didn't generally bother the laid-back male, but when he spotted the silver-and-gold movement inside the old hollow building, he became a bit self-conscious. He was, as always, in his four-legged wolf form, and he could see that the strange woman was moving about on two. Still, something drew him inside the doorway anyway, and as the rusty machinery within was reflected in his pale blue eyes, he called out softly to her across the room:

"You... I've smelled your scent before. You visited Dahlia de Mai, did you not?"

His white-tipped ears were set back at an apprehensive angle, curiously studying her from the distance. He did not want to transform - would that make her suspicious of his intentions? He really had none. He didn't even feel like he had a place in the pack anymore, which was what drove him to wandering in the first place. So really, this female shouldn't be worried about his presence... He just hoped she might have some answers to what was going on. He settled onto his fluffy haunches to wait.

[/html]

She hadn't been paying attention to the world around her, lost in thoughts the male had managed to sneak into the building with her. Jerking her hand back from the blade as he spoke the silver and gold lady whirled around and gazed wide eyed at the male before her. "What?!" Gasping she stuttered out a reply as she tried to calm her thundering heart. "Yes.. I have family there.." she replied as she finally got a grip on the situation. Wraping her arms around her waist she stared at the wolf before her, wondering just what the strangely marked male wanted with her. She didn't believe he'd just followed her here for nothing.

Moving a step back she watched him as she spoke up. "You startled me.. shouldn't sneak up on others.." she knew her excuses were weak and that anyone could have probably snuck up on her even if they'd been crashing in bar room brawl style. She shook her head and sighed, telling herself that she really needed to stop letting herself get so absorbed in her own thoughts when she wasn't safe at home in her cottage. Things like that could get her killed one day.
[html]

Slay's muzzle crinkled into a smile, and he let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry for frightening you, m'dear," he drawled playfully, relaxing his posture as he took her surprise to mean that she was not a threat. When she faced him with her startled blue eyes, Slay realized that this lady was about the same age as he was. "I meant no harm, twas mere curiosity. You have family there, you say?"

The big arctic male rose to his paws and padded forward, so that he was not so far away from the stranger. Her wary posture clearly showed that she didn't want him any nearer, but he didn't want to keep raising his voice in the eery warehouse. The strange glints and reflections on all the metal around him made him feel small and nervous. He stifled a yawn as he chose a spot to sit, and shook his ruff to dispel the drowsiness that always edged his conscious mind. He did his best to hide it, but narcolepsy was not the sort of condition that could go unnoticed forever.

"Allow me to introduce myself, hun. My name is Slay; I'm the lead hunter in Dahlia de Mai. I've just been, erm, taking a break lately..." His deep voice trailed off lamely as he glanced away, white-tipped ears back at an awkward angle. Yeah, he needed to get away. So why did he bring up pack business with the first wolf he set eyes upon? He was just tired of being in the dark with all the goings-on, but it wasn't like this lovely lady would know more about his pack than he did... Well, maybe she did. He felt another yawn beginning, and bit his lip. Come on, at least be somewhat normal! he chastised himself, trying not to frighten her off.
[/html]

She smiled slightly at the male as he apologized, giving a firm nod she sighed and sat back on her haunches and watched him as he moved towards her. "It's fine, and yes I have family there.. Cercelee, Mew and Haku.. they're my brothers's children." she flicked her tail back and forth as she watched the tired male before her with the strange pelt. She put forth a paw as she laughed slightly at his comment.

"Everyone needs a break from time to time I'd guess.." she said as she looked around the building they were in, then smiled a lopsided smile as she shrugged. "Though.. I don't think this is the kindof place I'd want to tame my vacation in.." she sighed then explained why she'd been there. "I'd figured this place might have been a little more exciting.. but I was wrong.." the silver and gold female was known for liking to explore, but today's adventure turned out to be a dud this time, though atleast she'd found someone to visit with.
[html]
Slay's face lit up at the mention of Cercelee, his mischievous friend - and then darkened immediately, at the last name she so casually uttered. Haku bothered Slay. At first, the odd chocolate-furred wolf seemed perfectly friendly, but there was something very unsettling about the look in his eyes. And to be completely honest with himself, Haku was the reason Slay was wandering now... because ever since he caught wind of the male joining their pack, he had made himself scarce. Slay hadn't seen Haku in days. He didn't know anything about the guy's past, but he wanted nothing to do with him.

"Hm, perhaps 'vacation' isn't the right word," he murmured with a lop-sided smile. His absence was cowardly, even he knew it. It was just an awful habit of his, to turn up missing whenever things weren't going so well... "But I wouldn't say this isn't exciting. I mean, what a chance encounter, to meet here in a place like this! Everything does seem to happen for a reason." He smiled openly at her, his pale eyes warm. He meant it - even now, he could feel his pessimism beginning to clear up. Beautiful women had that effect, didn't they? She hadn't introduced herself... but it would be rude to ask for her name, if she didn't want to give it. Ah well, he'd just continue using nicknames then.

"If you'd like to step outside, sweetheart, or wander somewhere else, it would be my pleasure to accompany you. I have no pressing matters to attend to, and someone with as lovely fur as yourself must get a lot of unwanted attention. I can be a handy bodyguard, if I don't fall asleep, that is," he added with a wink. There, maybe that would explain his drowsiness...? Hopefully he wouldn't illustrate the point...

[/html]

She raised a brow at his words, wondering just what he was doing if he wasn't taking time away from his packlands. She shook her head and smirked as he disagreed with her on the subject of their meeting, she shot back a comment on that as she turned back to one of the old sawblades. "So.. what kindof meeting is this pos' to be, surrounded by sharp threatening objects and just you and me.." she frowned for a moment before suggesting how it may have been such an important meeting. "You're not looking for some cheap sadistic thrills are you?" She flicked her tail back and forth as she watched him from the short distance.

Soon enough part of her question was answered when he suggested that if she wished to leave he had no mind to accompany her to wherever she pleased. Smiling slightly she nodded at the idea and would have blushed at the comment he gave her. "Sometimes I think just being female makes it hard at times.. with all you boys roaming about.." she teased as she moved towards him. "Alright.. we shall stroll.." she smiled and shook her head at the boy, they were all so hopeless.

After a moment she sat down for a moment to shift into her quad form, ignoring the wolf for a moment as she finished the slightly painful transfiguration. Panting slightly she shook her pelt out as she calmly moved to join the male, smiling shyly at him as she finally revealed her name. "Sorry.. I'm Iskata Sadira..from Labyrith Glen." She moved past him a moment, brushing her tail along his side as she headed towards the door to the building. "Shall we?" she asked before disappearing out of sight.
[html]
"Sadistic, not at all. Hedonistic, perhaps, but that's not always a bad thing. Don't worry, I'll try to chase off all the other boys, but I hope you don't mind me roaming a little closer..." Slay smirked playfully, rising to his paws again to wait for her. It was fun to talk like this, to act so flippant and suave, but the arctic wolf had never been with a woman before. Flirting was fun, but it was a little hollow with nothing to back it up... He was startled from his thoughts when he saw her transforming. He blinked owlishly, momentarily fascinated by the changes. Slay quickly shook his head, though - twas rude to stare - and smiled again, pleased to have permission to accompany her.

"Iskata Sadira... What a beautiful name," he repeated, feeling a little flutter in his broad chest as her tail ran along his frame. Now that she was on all fours like him, he could see that she really was quite lovely by his standards. He caught himself in mid-yawn - not now, narcolepsy - and quickly padded after her receding form, drifting noiselessly through the doorframe into the cool outdoor air. Oh... she said "Labyrinth Glen", as in a different pack. Perhaps she had a mate there, and this was her vacation away from family. That was a sobering thought...

"Iskata, is there any place you'd like to go in particular? I'm unfamiliar with these parts, but I do love to explore... And milady, I'd be happy to fulfill any requests you may have of me, so don't be shy." He added a wink to his sidelong glance, waving his black-dipped tail playfully. If she did have a mate, Slay couldn't smell him on her, so she must have been wandering for a while. He might as well enjoy their time together tonight!

[/html]

The young male made her chuckle as he spoke, the playful words drawing across the air as she shook her head and smiled. She was awefully curious what it was that was causing all the young males to become so flirty and carefree with the older ladies but she neglected to ask the wolf before her. Rolling her eyes at his comment of chasing off the others she spoke softly, "Oh, no I don't mind at all, especially if you're gonna be my knight in shining armor.." she winked at him as she padded along, waiting for him to play catchup.

Moving along side by side she thought about his question as she gazed around their surroundings. She wasn't to sure able the play of the land either and wondered what in the world they really were going to go. After a moment she shot him a sidelong glance and replied. "Oh.. I don't know.. these lands are filled with strange and.. exotic places to explore.." she turned her face towards him as her eyes shined, wondering what the male would do if she flirted back. He was younger than her, that was obvious, but he didn't seem to care, still chasing after the older females was something she wasn't use to the young boys doing now adays... "Anything? Any request at all?" Raising a brow at the boy she smiled and turned her eyes away innocently. "That could open up many possiblities you know..." Really she thought, what in the world are the males coming to nowadays..
[html]
Ooh, 'knight in shining armor', he liked the sound of that. Slay felt an amused smirk playing on his black lips as Iskata began to return his quips. Whether she meant them or not, it was great fun to have found someone to play along. Ah, those shining eyes she offered him, they were so enticing - and yet, so fake! He tried to stifle a laugh - he knew she couldn't possibly be that innocent, but it was a good performance. He'd do his best to keep up.

"An exotic place to explore, when accompanying an exotic beauty such as yourself... That alone could open up a lot of possibilities." Slay smiled, giving her a sidelong glance filled with implication. "But then your knight would not be so chivalrous... You must use your requests wisely, Lady Iskata. You'll get what you wish for."

He took several paces forward, allowing his thick brush of a tail to sweep delicately against the gold-furred wolf, reciprocating her touch from earlier. How far would she be willing to go, if this was only in play? He would be delighted to find out.

[/html]

Prancing a bit as they moved along her long legs seemed to glide on their own, her eyes dancing as she joining the male in his light bantering back and forth with the flirty words. She could remember the last time she'd played these games with words, but nothing had come of them, they weren't turned towards the beauty of each, those had been jabs at their flaws. She tried to push the thought away as she remembered that Lucifer had abandoned his mate shortly after that for some fun little fling. Would he have asked the same from her if he'd had a chance, or even if he hadn't? She forced the thoughts away as she smiled at Slay, fluttering her eyelashes she teased, "Lancelot sure served his queen.." she stated with a light air, though anyone who knew the story knew well enough how he served her twice over with sword in hand. She titled her head to the side as he told her to use her wishes wisely. Her tongue flickered over her teeth as she chuckled at the thought. "I never waste what is freely given.." she said as she watched the male begin to pull away from her.

Admiring his strangly hued pelt she was reminded for a moment that she had a mate, or atleast she had.. somewhere far off in a world while she'd been left behind in the aftermath of the fire. Anger burned in her chest as she forced the thoughts from her head fiercely. She was tired of living in the past, this was her life once again, in her mind Phoenix had made that clear when he'd walked away. She knew deep down she wasn't being fair, but she didn't want to forever wait longingly at the borders in life, she wanted him here and now, and he wasn't.. she'd given up on her long lost mate and left him where he'd last been, in the past.

Suddenly she was distracted by her thoughts as she felt a soft touch gently sweep across her pelt. Her eyes held a warm glow as she watched the male swagger before her as she called out, "Already! The games, the scandal! What will the king think of his Lady fair after yon knight has tried to play champion in more ways than one!" her eyes twinkled with a daring as she played catchup to the male, shivers up her spine as she fluttered those long lashes once more.
[html]
Slay felt his grin broaden as she made reference to the Arthurian legend. It was a tale he was familiar with through his travels, and it pleased him that Iskata knew of it as well. "So, I'm to be Lancelot, am I? And will you be my Guinevere, o beautiful golden-haired one, or have I yet to win you over with my gallant deeds?" He caught himself admiring the jaunty way she walked, with such confidence and playfulness. Was she always so vivacious, or was it simply because they were acting out roles with each other? Either way, she really had caught his attention, and he needed to take care not to fall too far... It had happened before, when his feelings became genuine, and his object of affection was still merely jesting. There had been Whisper, Tia, Ami, Tenova; none from this land but all beautiful faces who had trampled him in the end. Alas, love was a harsh and cruel mistress...

"The king will say nothing of what he does not know," Slay drawled teasingly, trying not to shiver as Iskata fluttered her long eyelashes at him. He liked that. The piebald arctic wolf nudged her with his wet nose as she caught up to him, smiling enticingly before padding ahead again. "Although," he called over one shoulder, waving his ebony tail like a banner, "-if yon lady were to promise her heart to this champion, he could surely find the strength to defeat said king in combat!"
[/html]

Her dancing merry eyes smiled even more than the one plastered on her maw as she began to pull up close to the male, his words echoing in her bejeweled ears as she titled her head back and took a dramatic sigh. "Oh Lancelot, you tease, what would happen if we're found out?" her lids were have drawn over her gold shot summer eyes as she gave the knight a sly smile. She liked the two-toned male well enough, could probably even like him more if given the time, but she had a past and a lot of baggage, she doubted any male would like to hang around to try and handle the woman.

"But the king has eyes everywhere and in the end our fate would be starcrossed!" Flicking her tail back and forth happily she found herself being nudged along by the wolf with the exotic fur. While the chill shot down her spine the male had escaped ahead of her, his banner waving as she raised a brow, his words ringing across her mind as she dropped him a seducing gaze. "The scandal! And what would happen to the lady and her knight then..." The last words were spoken softly as she caught up with him and edged up against him, her silky fur brushing against him as she traced her tail under his throat and hummed softly to herself as she swayed past him, the leader in the game once more.
[html]

"T'would be a blessing to be caught, m'dear, because that means no more hiding. And I want to show off my Guinevere to the world, so that they can pine for the beauty that will never be theirs..." Slay's response rolled immediately off his silver tongue, and he raised an eyebrow at her sly smile, his icy blue eyes lingering on the glinting jewels she sported on her delicate ears. The glimmer was enticing - and perhaps that was the point to wearing it... "...How does that go again? 'Arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon, so sick and pale with grief?' If we are to be star-crossed, then as your champion, I must fight to keep you as long as the fates will allow it. And no envious moon will whisk thee away from me, Iskata of the golden fur."

He had gotten all his references jumbled, he knew it, but it wasn't like he had personally read any of the old human classics. All his knowledge was passed down through word-of-mouth, just like the snatches of old songs he could caterwaul, or the snippets of French he could speak. So if Shakespeare and the Knights of the Round Table were a bit anachronistic, it did not entirely faze the flippant arctic wolf. He just wanted to impress her...

A little sound got caught in his throat as he felt her silken tail tease against him. With a longing sigh, Slay happily surrendered control to the older female, and realized at the same time that he had not enjoyed this sort of game this much in... well, ever. Despite his usual laissez-faire outlook, he caught himself hoping that she wouldn't leave, or at least, their paths would cross again soon. Star-crossed... If that were true, then he needn't worry.

"Oh, is it scandal that worries you, fair maiden? Fear not, for I shall take unto myself the poor reputation of a disgraced champion, and defend thine tender ears from the harsh gossip of the peasants. They know not what they speak of, and thus, you needn't concern yourself with their uneducated words! The king, humph, if he tries to stop us, he will soon learn that true love knows no bounds~!"

Slay padded obediently after Iskata, his white-tipped ears swiveled forward to catch the soft humming she made, gaze absorbing the entrancing swaying motion of her hips. It took him a second to realize his mistake - he had used the 'L' word. Even in jest, it was too heavy to be ignored - would it make her shy away? He hadn't meant to say it; after all, this was still only their first encounter, and while he hoped for more, "true love" would take longer than that. He was just being too optimistic again. He knew he had too many problems for someone to honestly love him...
[/html]

Her eyes danced and glittered as she watched her knight prance and preen so elegantly as he quoted and plyed the words of poets and tried to woe her with the riches of words. She tossed her head to the side as her long legs carried her past the painted male and into an open meadow where her golden locks truly did shine. "But if thy fair lady had been promised to another, then what? The world may know one heart belongs to a the knight, but the body belongs to her king." Her eyes lingered on the male as she asked the dramatic question of morals. "Would you kill thy king for the whole of his queen? Or be thy contented with the heart and the long suffering wanting.. that can drive a man insane.." A woman could do mysterious things, her looks, her mind, her body and soul could drive men to the edge and over. The lady with the sun shot eyes of sapphire wondered what sort of man she had trailing after her now, the daring flashy irrational lover, or the mooning sweet always longing for more..

She looked over her shoulder with a small smile playing on her lips before she tossed her head back and laughed, a sweet muscial sound light and tittering like chimes. She paused at his words of kings and love for a mere moment before casting off again. "Would you always be there to defend my name from slander and shame.. I know you can't say the same for my honor.." a sly little smile was pressed on her maw as she turned away from him, a small giggle falling as she tried to keep a few paces before the young headstrong knight.

She knew too well how the words played from lips, the players and their half filled promises building up empty empires on the sugarcoated phrases to get their loins desires, she wondered if the male was merely seeking out comfort for the loins, or if the knight may really exist. She turned back and circled the male as her eyes caught his, the words she played were teasing as she sought to find the truth. "What sword would thy use to defend thine lady, what sword would they use to win thy lady.." she knew she was crossing dangerous grounds, but it was all in besting. She was a bit curious of where his lines were heading though.