The pitter-patter of little feet...
[html]
Sky's thinking it's about time she had a family! Tongue Good luck, Tal-baby!

War. Love. Murder. Death. Conflict. Loyalties.

Why did her life have to include so much damn drama? Sky was starting to get sick and tired of it all. AniWaya was in dire need of a new leader, their current tyrant causing all sorts of trouble with anyone who dared to cross him. Crimson Dreams was in dire need of some protection, offered graciously by d'Arte, as far as she could tell.

This drama was far less inticing than it had seemed as a yearling. Why had she vouched to join a pack again?

Sky sat in her livingroom, Casper happily curled up beside her on the couch, his head resting in her lap as she drew her hand idly across his fur. The house smelled different these days. Taliesin.

Oh yeah... that's why. A shy smile worked its way onto the wolfdog's face at the thought of her new mate. The white sir was a medic, like herself, with a dazzling smile and such a kind, giving personality. She couldn't have asked for a better lover.

There was still one small problem, though.

Where were the pups? By this point, she should've at least have been pregnant. If not by Tal, than by Shawchert from their previous encounters before all the fighting! She should've had puppies by now, so why didn't she?

What's more, where had her estrus cycle gone, if she wasn't pregnant? A cold fear settled into her stomach a moment, then passed as she looked down at Casper's sleeping face. I'm not sterile. I just need to try harder. When Tal comes home, we'll talk about it. Maybe he'll be up for starting a family... Oh jeeze, poor Tal! He had quite the surprise waiting for him when he came home!

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu p {text-indent:25px; padding:10px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Oh noes, poor tal. LOL WC 333

The pale male was in the process of moving his books to Sky's house. Rather, their house. Everything he'd done at his own house was easy enough to set up in her house as well. He left a note for Liam letting him know about the new arrangements. He didn't know if the boy would come or not. He paused on the porch to pick up the skin he often sat on to write, then made his way back to the house he now shared with Sky. He set the books down inside of the doorway. He could see his mate sitting on the couch with Casper next to her, and he smiled, his tail wagging. "A couple more loads, and I'll have all my books here. You owe me a herb garden, though."

He grinned crookedly at his mate, letting her know he was teasing. He settled on the couch next to her on the opposite side of the goat and slipped an arm around her. Theirs was a casual intimacy, one that came naturally. He supposed it had even at first, when he'd found her on accident and comforted her. He nuzzled her neck gently, then asked her softly, "What are you thinking about, my love?" Then again, if he knew what it was she was thinking.... he might not have asked. He had seen the disaster that was half siblings and step parents. Azza, Kira's son, had killed Liadain and almost killed Liam and Brighid. That was why they'd fled, that was why Brighid had frozen to death on their way here. That was why he let everyone believe Kira was dead, why he pretty well believed it himself. The way the crazy woman had lived, she might as well be dead. He was the only one who knew otherwise, and it would stay that way until he died. He didn't want to go through that again. He didn't think Liam would do that, but one never knew, did they?

[/html]
[html]
Lol <3 Hopefully he can handle his new lover. ;D

When Tal came in, the tip of Sky's tail started flicking happily. He was greeted with a smile and attentive ears, a soft hum of agreement. I suppose we could get working on one before winter sets in. Winter... that'd be a hard time for them. It always was, though. Especially so North of the equator.

He sat down next to her, pulling her sideways into him with a gentle arm and affectionate nuzzle to her neck. She sighed happily and wiggled into him. Casper grunted in protest at being moved around but otherwise didn't stir. I'm just thinking about the future. She murmured in response to his question. How do you think Liam would feel about having little siblings? She rolled her head back to look at him, eyes gleaming with hidden meanings behind her words, an unspoken desire that needed no real words to get through.

She hoped Tal would be okay with the idea, even all for it if she got lucky. Shawchert had wanted nothing else than to raise a family when they'd been together, but there'd been a lot of stress, drama and heartbreak during that time. It wasn't okay for them to try, even though they did. No pups. Nothing. Sky had just about given up hope after the miscarriage of her two sons. Now that she was settled with a loving mate, Tal, she wanted to try again. This time, she hoped it would work. There was nothing she wanted more than a legacy to be proud of.

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Tongue

He reached over and idly scratched the goat's head. He wasn't used to having a pet, but it was growing on him. His mind was going over the things he wanted to set up in their house. The sterilized rain water, for drinking and cooking. The herb garden out back. He needed to get his dried meat to her house as well. He had a store of firewood set up at the other house, he needed to check the chimney here. Her words about the future stopped him cold, and he turned a surprised look on her. It wasn't an unpleasantly surprised look, but more the look of a child who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

He pressed his nose to hers gently while she looked up at him. "Liam would do well with younger wolves around, I think." Truthfully, he didn't know. And he didn't know the small mental issue his mate and his son shared to varying extents. Liam's was far more severe than Sky's. Tal had never even realized Sky had any mental issues, where as he suspected it with his son.

"My love, if you want to have pups... I would be honored for you to be my childrens' mother." The slight concern he had in regards to Liam and siblings melted away, pushed out by the very appealing image of a naked and pregnant Sky. His lips curved into a soft smile, and he kissed her again, his tail thudding on the soft worn fabric of the couch.

[/html]
[html]
Aaaaaand depression. ._.

The moment he agreed, Sky squealed. He moved to kiss her and she twisted and somehow managed to shoo Casper and situate herself on his lap, kissing back happily and in excitement. As she pulled away, she grinned. I love you, Tal. I just know you'll be a terrific father.... but... The grin died and she slouched a bit, arms resting on his shoulders. ...I've never had the best of luck with pups. My first litter was a fluke... and even then, they were miscarried. After that, no matter how hard I tried... She couldn't get pregnant.

She feared the worst. The miscarriage might've ruined something inside, or else the entire pregnancy had been a total fluke and she was never going to be able to have pups again. Whatever the case, she wanted to try. Maybe it was just Shawchert. He had pups with Orin but maybe that itself was a fluke. She didn't know.

She almost didn't want to know.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

He nuzzled his mate as she wrapped her arms around him. Her affirmation that he would be a wonderful father put a smile on his face. He was pleased she thought so, even though she hadn't really seen him with his son much. The smile faded as her grin wilted, and his ears laid back slightly in concern. Her forlorn expression made him rub her back gently as he was listening to her. When she fell silent, he pulled her close, his mind racing.

He started speaking slowly, softly. "Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen, my love." He kissed her forehead gently, then continued. "I know some herbs you can take that will increase your fertility. And I can take some too. They're easy, you just boil them into a tea. I know how much you enjoy tea." He nuzzled her. "I promised I would give you anything you wanted, my love, and I meant it. You want a family, we will have a family." Rhiannon willing, he added in his mind. "I know of a few stones that can help too, they balance the feminine energy. I don't know if I have any in my collection, but I will make sure I find them." He nuzzled his mate again.

"And when you do get pregnant, -when, not if- "I will wait on you hand and foot so that nothing happens to you or our pups. Sound good, Sky?" He studied his mate's face, looking for signs that she felt reassured.

[/html]