A new beginning
OOC: Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, this is my first IC post. I'm joining Crimson Dreams in character.

Only the soft padding of paws over the dead leaves was heard as Faeli walked towards the Lenape River. She stopped as she reached the bank, her eyes shining in the yellow light that filtered through the trees. A green canopy of leaves waved above her, casting blurry images onto the ground.
Faeli sighed and took in a deep breath, thoughts spinning in her head. Images of her parents death flashed before her eyes, and she took a dizzying step backwards as she remembered the pain of being struck. Her heart thumped in her chest, and Faeli stiffened and turned towards every sound she heard, every rattling bush, every groaning tree.
She lowered her head and lapped at the water, not because she was thirsty, but out of pure nerves.
[html]hi :3 i'm Alli

The female lingered around the river from which they took her mother. It was a hard memory for the woman to bare, but she pushed those things from her mind and focused on the calm beauty that the area gave no matter what the history was and the blood that had been washed away by the constant stream of water. Mati roamed in her four legged form, as she did when so far from the large house the shared in the eastern portion of their home. It would be a long walk in her lupus body, but the distance melted when her took to a run.

Black nose searched the ground, an idle notion that simply gave her information about the area. Soft grasses still lived in the Fall air, but she knew that it would not be much longer. Mati brought her eyes to the trees, and moved closer to the borders. The wind was in her favor, and she caught the scent of another female. The wolfess reached out to catch the scent, sniffing the air and following it with curiosity. It held nothing that would speak of an enemy.

Purple eyes caught the sight of her. As a pack wolf it was natural for her to be weary of a stranger lingering just beyond their boundary, and so her hackles rose slightly and she rose her head and tail to show her status. Hello. Can I help you? She spoke.

[/html]
Faeli turned her head towards the new wolf. "Oh, hello. I am dearly sorry if you consider this tresspasing..." Faeli swallowed nervously, lowering her head respectfuly as the spoke.
"I am interested in joining your pack, Crimson Dreams is it?" Faeli asked, her words soft and smooth. She dipped a paw in the cold water and instantly recoiled, grimacing as she shook her fur free of water.
[html] Smile please try to write about 200 words (about 2 paragraphs), thats the general rule here. Mentors can help if your having difficulty ^^

The female was weary, but the feeling only came from the past events that occurred between Crimson Dreams and AniWaya. The female seemed honest enough. Her demeanor was shown through in body language and as with many her eyes spoke more then they likely wished to tell. Her tone was meek, unsettled and there was a respect there that Mati could appreciate. The Church woman listened, but couldn't help but wonder how the name of the pack was known to this stranger. Had she grown up near by? Or was she a wanderer from a local pack, seeking a new home? Mati knew that wolves drifted from pack to pack, finding their perfect fit. Though her questioning tone made Mati assume she had never been here for a visit before.

What is your name? Where are you from? She questioned, her stance un-shifting. Tail still held high as well as her head. There were many things that the female would have to explain, for the Dreamers could not afford to let just any beast cross their threshold and join their ranks. And how do you know our name? Scents were written along the ground, but a name could only be heard. Where had the whispers floated from, and how did they land in this female's ears?

[/html]
Faeli's eyes focused on the she-wolf. She blinked and took a deep breath, the fresh air washing through her.
"My name is Faeli." She told the fae. "I honestly do not know where I have come from - my parents were killed by loners, thus leaving me to travel alone. I met a loner on the way here, he told me that 'Crimson Dreams' was near this river. Then he directed me here." Faeli sighed and blinked, her tail drooping, showing her weariness and her innocence. "I have never been in a pack before, but when my parents were alive they taught me how to respect." Faeli finished. Her tone was light and friendly, but with a hint of tiredness. She once again dipped her head, trying to be as respectful as possible.
Since this was her first encounter with another canine, besides her parents, she was nervous. Faeli looked at the other wolf, her eyes shining.
[html]

The large bronze female waited, ears taking in the answer that would hopefully ease her suspicions. But war made them so. It made them hard and it made them defensive. Mati naturally held a bit of a judgmental side, and so the events in the past months had heightened her to a critical nature. Though the loner's body told the story, the wish to be accepted written in her submissive displays. Purple eyes looked at her. Would she pressure her until the fey was on her back with her belly exposed? Mati hadn't ever humiliated another wolf like that. Respect was to be given to those that showed it. Her story was enough for the Dreamer to take a step back, giving her more breathing room and her tail waved lightly in a more friendly wag.

How long have you been on your own? She asked, more curious then demanding. Many loners knew of them, they had been here longer them most packs. Her story was vague but plausible. We gladly accept those that respect others, and need sanctuary. She took a breath, I'm Mati Church. Did your parents teach you anything other then respect? To hunt perhaps?

[/html]
Faeli let out a gusty breath, relieved that some of the female's earlier hostility had been lifted.
"I've been alone since I was six months old." Faeli explained. "My parents taught me how to hunt, and how to fight. And I may add, they taught me very well." Faeli admitted, trying not to be vain or rude.
Faeli's eyes flashed as memories of her parent's death rolled into her memories. Blood, splattering the white snow in red, her mother, lying dead on the ground. The loner, leaping at her father. She faintly wagged her tail, her legs shaking and threatening to collapse. Faeli sat down, trying to hide how weak she was by curling her tail around her trembling paws. She shook her head as if to clear the memories haunting her mind, and somehow it worked. The terrible images lifted from her head. She focused on the Crimson Dreams wolf once again. Faeli's eyes blurred and she blinked so that the image would get clear again.
[html] we can put an ooc end on here, or we can keep going. I'll request your title though. feel free to post throughout the pack lands Smile

Mati nodded, the wolf was one that would not need their full attention. As a pup might. She could hold her own and that was what they needed now. With purple eyes Mati looked her over once more, noting the quick seat she took after speaking of her parents but she did come up with the idea of weakness and she took the other fey's shake of the head as if she was loosing hope. Instead of judging her further the Dreamer smiled, softly as she knew what to do next. I'm Mati. she gave followed by a pause I can show you around. She spoke, welcoming her across the borders and into their home. The large wolfess turned slightly, waiting for the other to follow. She didn't need to be afraid any longer, nor would Mati put her through any more questions.

The pack lives East of here, in a large house we call Haven Manor. But you can find a den, or sleep elsewhere if it suites you. Mati explained, giving a little more insight to the way of life here.

[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!