walls will only crush you when they fall
[html]
One only, and someone who won't hate Nayati please Smile

Nayati's shame was a bile he could taste at the back of his throat. This war had started because of him. He had brought this down upon Crimson Dreams, and he hated himself for it. After the raid, and the unsuccessful parley with Maska and his goons, Nayati had gone to the raven leader of these lands and offered to turn himself over in hopes of Anu's safe return and for the conflict to end before any more blood need be shed. Savina had denied his offer. Even though he had helped to save her the night of the raid—and it was clear she knew it—he had a feeling it was truly her loyalty to Anu that drove her to keep him and his family safe. It seemed to the Utina he could see the fear that she might be fulfilling her friend's last wish, even though she hid it well as any good leader would. Little as he knew her, he had come to greatly respect the Dreaming alpha. That only made the guilt burn worse in his gut.

He was doing what he could to help the pack that had given his family sanctuary by keeping an eye on the borders and bringing in food whenever he could catch it, however he also made a conscious effort to avoid running into any of the members of these lands. Surely not all of them shared their leader's belief that the Utinas were worth protecting in exchange for their own safety and he could not blame them if they did hold such an opinion. Nayati did not want to cause any more pain and trouble than he already had. It would only increase the burning shame in him.

The exiled hunter stopped at the eastern bank of the river his tribe had used to launch their attack from and he stared off to the west. The desire to simply leave and turn himself in to Maska overcame him once again. It was clear Savina would never ask him to do that thing, but perhaps it would be best for everyone else if he did. Maybe the Ahote would even forget Liliana and his children if they did that, and they could all stop living in constant fear. The man's heart pounded in his ears as he contemplated becoming a sacrificial lamb.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifog b {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa7b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #545a7a; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatifog p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatifog {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#798696; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atifog.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545a7a; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6a7f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

OOc: Hope you don't mind a Leo dropping in ^^

Leon rose early and prepared to go to the border for patrol, his concern for his pack’s well being overriding his exhaustion. He quickly grabbed his pole-arm and headed out of the manor, silent as a whisper on the wind, heading straight west, then moving north, moving in and out of Dreamer territory, searching for any hint of the offending pack.

His mind wandered to the Dreamers lost Praetor, who was being held as a prisoner by the cowards at Aniwaya. He hadn’t been able to recover Savina’s second, had not even been able to get close to her. He laid his ears back and felt his face contort with regret as he realized he hadn’t even been able to kill one of those worthless dogs. The Timber kept his eyes searching, even though his exhaustion was catching up with him. Still, his eyes caught the grey flash of the male Utina standing on the eastern side of the river the Dreamers had met the Guardians near. With a tilt of his head, Leon approached the man.

As Leon neared, he noticed the expression on Nayati’s face. He saw a mixture of emotions eating at the man, and figured he knew the reason why. He cleared his throat and offered a friendly grin as he spoke. “Nayati Utina I believe?” He questioned, resting his pole-arm on his shoulder and offering his other hand. “I am Leon ven Liudesys, fighter for Crimson Dream.”

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Not at all! Big Grin

The river had been damned quite cleverly. Water still flowed in its banks, but there were now constructed grates that would now allow a canoe to pass. It had been a smart thing to do, but Nayati now worried that the next time the Guardians came—and there was no mistaking that they would come again—they would be on horseback. Coming by canoe had been stealthy in a way that riding horses was not, but mounted warriors were so much more dangerous than those on foot. Especially if they were facing those who were on the ground. He knew Crimson Dreams housed some equines, but they were obviously not so fond or proficient with the creatures as his own people were. This concerned him greatly. Perhaps, if he did stay, he would have to teach those that did have steeds how to fight upon their backs. The Utina was not a warrior, but hunting techniques could easily be adapted to battle.

He had been so lost in his own thoughts that he had not heard the other man approach, and it was only when the Dreamer cleared his throat that Nayati was thrust back into the world around him. The exiled AniWayan was greeted with a friendly face and an extended hand. Somehow that was almost worse than being met with loathing. These people were so kind, and they were being put through hell because of him. "I am," he confirmed, shaking the dark wolf's hand. "It is an honor to meet you Leon. I believe I might have spotted you fighting the night of the raid. You were very brave." The weapon the Dreamer carried was unique, and not easily mistaken. For being taken unawares by the force of Guardians, the Dreamers had fought back admirably and well. "I must...apologize for what is happening to your home. I cannot help but feel responsible for your strife," the hunter said solemnly. The shame he felt was etched clearly on his strong face.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifog b {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa7b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #545a7a; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatifog {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#798696; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atifog.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545a7a; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6a7f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

OOC Sorry its so shotty. ><

Leon gave the man’s hand a firm squeeze before releasing the grip, and moving the hand to scratch the back of his head as he chuckled lightly. He reprimanded himself momentarily as he thought of the odd reflex he had acquired, not knowing where he had picked it up. Lowering the hand, the Timber gave an embarrassed grin as he shook his head. “Brave, sir? I’m afraid you overestimate me.” He stated. “I was only one of many trying to protect our guests and our home. Though I do appreciate your compliment, I should be thanking you, Nayati. I hear you saved my Consul’s life during the raid while I was away from the main fight.” He said with a thankful smile.

The Timber already had a positive outlook on the Dreamers guest, and meeting him in person was making him like the light colored male all the more. But he was unprepared for Nayati to apologize to him for what had happened, his eyes widening slightly and mouth opening. He clearly saw the shame that the man felt for the raid, and while Leon had grown very friendly, he knew that the raid had been staged to reclaim the Utina family. He struggled over what to say for a moment, than opened his mouth to respond. “Nayati, though we have just met, there is no way I could possibly try to pin this event on you.” He stated, feeling this was the honest truth. “I know not what your relation with Anu, but I know she was willing to risk just such an attack in order to protect you and your family. And to be completely honest with you, that’s all I need to know.” He paused and looked up to the sky. “Besides, it’s like my dad used to say. All that is neccesary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. And I’m confident that defending your family was the right thing to do”

<style>
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Psh, it's fine! I'm sorry for the wait DX

The humble way in which Leon accepted his compliment spoke volumes of the man. Nayati had always been taught that humility was a good thing, and that one should never become too full of themselves. Pride was good only in small doses that did not over-inflate one's ego. It was clear that this Dreamer walked a similar path to the hunter. "Bravery is not diminished by the number that fight with you. It took you all courage to stand up against the Guardians." They were trained warriors, and from what he had seen of Crimson Dreams they were a wholly un-warlike people. Yet they had not flinched from defending their home against the band of warriors. "You have no need to thank me, it was the least I could do. Plus, I believe it is now you who give me too much credit," he said with a sad sort of smile. There was no saying if the Guardian he had killed would have done irreparable harm to Savina. He had simply been doing his best to stave off the attack that he had caused.

The surprised look upon Leon's face was perhaps not unexpected. It probably wasn't the norm for someone in his position to actually apologize for the strife that they had caused, but Nayati could not help his guilt at all that had happened. He felt he had been doing the right thing when he had stood up to Maska and his goons, and when he had taken his family with him away from AniWaya...but had it really been? Would they all have been better off if it had kept quiet, or left them in the tribe? He did not know the answers to those questions, but he knew that Crimson Dreams would not be in this state if he had not come here with his family. How could he not feel shame for such a thing?

When Leon said that he could not blame him though, the Utina was completely shocked, and looked at the dark man in utter bewilderment. The mention of Anu only poured salt into his wounds, and he couldn't help the wince that briefly marred his features. She was his friend, the one who had granted his family sanctuary, and now she was paying the price more than anyone. Leon's faith in her only showed how much the Dreamers loved and respected her, and made him feel all the more wicked. The man's last words injected some sense of hope back into him though. "I am flattered that you think so, and your father sounds like he was a wise man." A weary sigh escaped his lungs. "Still...I will never be able to forgive myself if something happens to Anu while she is held captive. She should not be suffering for this." It should have been him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

OOc The rescue party came to my mind today, so yeah. XD

He listened quietly to the few words the man spoke. He understood Nayati’s feelings over Anu’s imprisonment, they all did. And Leon felt particularly stung by her continued imprisonment. He had been practically next to the leader, when Maska had captured her. He could have, he should have, freed her before engaging any of the wolves of Aniwaya. But his battle adrenaline had driven him into the brawl, and moved him to protect Savina as she got up from her kill. His eyes found those of the other male and he read the emotions that were playing through the man’s heart. The Timber shook his head and smiled at the man, though it was a sad smile. “That he was… I only wish he were still with me today… Nayati, I learned long ago that with war comes many difficult situations. Some that you can get through, and some that will drag you down for a long time.” He said, his eyes becoming distant as he thought back to the deaths of his parents.

Leon’s head tilted back slightly as he spoke again. “When Anu agreed to accept you into our home, we all agreed to accept you. Some may be disillusioned over the attacks and violence, but when you’ve experienced loss, and war… You realize what is important to you. To me, it is my new ‘family’, my new pack. It is my friends, and those I consider worth protecting. I was taught to fight, and be ready to die for your friends and family. I would not expect any different of my pack to be frank.” He shuffled slightly, as he considered his next words. “… In my opinion, the Dreamers have slept too long. It is past time for us to go out and rescue Anu. I plan to go before Savina to request permission to gather a rescue party.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

It was clear from the way the Leon talked that this was not the first war that he had lived through and Nayati felt terribly sorry for that. The Great Tribe had endured many times of strife in its history, but he had been lucky enough to never live through any of them. Thinking of his old home caused an uncomfortable pang in his chest. He had been a loyal tribesmember from the day he had been born. He had been raised with those beliefs and had lived them his entire life. Still, Maska had been wrong though. He had not acted as he should have, and his beliefs were archaic and not held to by his people as a whole any longer. Thinking of the Ahote and his Guardians as intruders had helped his conscious for a long time now, but what would anyone in the Great Tribe think if they knew of his recent actions? What would his parents think?

Leon spoke passionately about his pack and his own personal view of the matter, and Nayati admired the stance that the sable man took. He still simply could not believe that all of this had happened in the first place. "I never would have thought my home would be the one to cause so much conflict and violence. My people have experienced much discrimination and many attacks before. I cannot believe that we are the ones who are now doing this to another." The Utina sighed, feeling helplessly conflicted about everything. He felt like he was adrift in a sea of grey fog and could see neither right nor wrong any more. "I cannot blame them. Surely they never thought they would be in a situation such as this and so never even thought to prepare for it. My tribe may not live with the hope for war, but the warriors train for it, and they are good at what they do. If you do gather a party to rescue Anu, I would be very cautious, and learn as much as you can about the situation." If they did not, it was surely mean more blood and more woe.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]