Another constellation dies [p]
[html]
Private for my Nani/ James-face! <3 Soran's coming to meet her newest adopted grandbabies XD Can this be dated in 2 days time please? The 15th? Just for the sake of the timeline of Soran walking up.

The morning was crisp and cool, the Autumn was nearing it's beginning and the lands were beginning to reflect this, the sun rose later than it had done in the summer time, taking longer to warm the ground and air that it watched over so dilligently. The wind was blowing through the grasses and trees as it made its way across the lands, it was slightly stronger than the gentle zephyrs that had been meandering about the place earlier in the week, but it was not too strong, it was not a howling terrible wind, it simply whistled as it brushed against the nearby branches. A few small clouds were already gracing the sky, moving along the horizon, suggesting that rain might soon be coming, but for the moment the day was dry. The grass was beginning to die back for the winter, as were the leaves that hung to the trees, all around the greens were slowly fading to soft yellows and oranges, soon the leaves would begin to fall and then Winter would come, wrapping its icy fingers across the lands. But the sun was beginning to shine more brightly and boldly, suggesting that it would still be a warm late summer day. The sable female walked through all this, taking deep breaths as she did so, breathing in the cool air as she walked, enjoying the morning, she had camped in the Dampwoods overnight before making the final stretch of her journey towards Anathema, she had not wanted to arrive too late, knowing that the pale daughter had had a litter of pups, not wanting to wake them she had chosen to sleep before arriving, so that she would be fresh for seeing her newest adopted grandchildren. If the truth were told she had been meaning to come earlier, wanting to see Naniko and the new pups, she had known that Nani had been heavily pregnant the last time that she had seen her and had wanted to come sooner, but things had gotten in the way, she had rejoined Crimson Dreams, with the hope that her children would go there first should they ever wish to look for her, wanting to be there to greet them if they did so. She had met Charm and had found a spark of attraction there and then Deuce had arrived, her former pale lover, instantly creating a dilemma for the sable lady, something which she still had yet to solve, Charm or Deuce, the new potential lover or the old mate who she still loved deeply? And then the war had come, with all that had happened this had been the first time that the sable female had been able to slip away for a few days to make the long trek to Anathema.

And finally she had made it, it had been a long trek, she had not told anyone where she was going, although she had left Deuce a note on her bed, knowing that the subject was touchy and raw for her leader, not wanting to cause a stir, but she still loved her little pale daughter, even if the girl was now a drug addict that had hurt a child, she wanted to help her, not cut her out of her life. She had come here wanting to talk, she had secretly hoped that Naniko had stopped taking the drugs now that the children were born, that perhaps the birth of her youngest litter had made her see sense. Soran had been a drug addict herself and her children had been the thing that had brought her back from the brink of self destruction, she hoped that it was the same with Naniko, that this issue could be allowed to fade into the background, that her pale daughter had seen sense. Soon she arrived at the border, she stopped just short of it, not wanting to upset any members of the pack who did not know her, just because one knew the alpha did not mean that they were simply allowed to stroll onto pack lands. She smiled slightly, adjusting the strap of her canvas satchel to make it more comfortable on her shoulder, it was filled with gifts for the little wolves. She gently reached up and made sure that her mane was neat, checking that not too much of it had escaped from the long braid that it was secured in currently. Finally she lifted her dark head, calling for Naniko and the pups to come and join her.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebsep43 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebsep43 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 756
Table by the fabulous Alli

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Certainly. You know, though, I just thought o__o; I don't know how well this thread will go. Naniko won't be too happy about her joining Crimson Dreams.

The trip out to the border had begun that morning. Naniko had set out from the den with one little puppy in tow, the other two staying behind to bother Ravesque. They went to bed early and were awake very early most mornings, but she was getting used to this. She was used to towing around youngsters, with all the litters that she'd had, and had made certain that they would have enough time to get to the border and back before sundown before she had left. The Angela wanted to teach little Severus an important lesson about border safety today, and why he ought not to go anywhere near the border until he was quite a bit older.

Scary things happened out there. Just three nights prior she'd found another body, a half-rotted carcass partially hidden next to the trunk of a fallen tree. The body had been ripped apart, organs scattered all over the ground around it. It had looked as if whoever had killed it had given into their own morbid desires and had mutilated the body beyond recognition. She wanted to show him the dangers of a little puppy straying beyond their safe, marked territory. Beyond the bodies that she had found (one a few weeks past and one three nights prior), she'd seen an instance of a canine getting attacked, as well. She thanked the Gods each and every day for the warriors of Anathema, those who helped to scout and protect their border.

The howl that came over the breeze made her turn her head, Severus nearly bumping into her as she stopped dead in her tracks. It sounded like the call was coming from somewhere nearby, and the voice was one that she recognized instantly. The small gray pup looked up at his mother, head tilting to the side and silver eyes curious to as what the howl meant and where they were going now. He was an extremely quiet boy when around her, but with his two brothers he was constantly vying for attention. "Let's go, son." She said simply, turning to pad toward the direction of Soran. If it had been anyone else she would have told her boy to go and hide while she took care of the matter.

A scent hit her nose that she was not expecting as she padded through the trees toward the dark female, and she slowed in her tracks a bit. She wanted to observe Soran before coming out of the brush toward her to be sure that there wasn't anyone else with her; her scent seemed an awful lot like Barrett's, Severus' father from Crimson Dreams. Nani's own pelt smelled of earth and stone for the most part, for inside the cave system was where she spent much of her time. "Soran." She said finally, stepping out of the brush. She wasn't sure how she felt about the scent that was coming off of the other female. She'd thought she could trust her...was she wrong? Severus stood behind her and off to the side, watching the exchange between the two with wide silver eyes.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Yeah I thought that as well, this may notgo as planned lol. Hopefully Soran's reasons will make sense to Naniko, she did tell her kids she'd go to CD and drew them a map, so she kinda had to go there XD They've turned up while she's here.

The sable female brushed a loose strand of mane from her eyes nervously. She was a little tense about this meeting, knowing that Naniko had been treated badly by the Crimson Dreams wolves in her opinion, would she see this as a betrayal? The sable female had to join the pack in the end, although she wanted to be with her pale daughter it had been the only option she could see working, if she wanted her family back as one that was. This way she was close to her grandchildren and great grandchildren, Mati being within the pack and Haven being only a stonesthrow away in Cour Des Miracles with his family. Mati was probably the one who needed her most in her eyes, Naniko had her pack to care for her, Haven had his own life, his own family and although Mati seemed strong on the surface the ebony Patrician suspected that underneath the cool calm exterior she was more fragile than that, the green eyed lady felt that she needed to look after her. Besides she had told her youngest litter all about Crimson Dreams, it had been her home after all, this was before she knew of all the trouble that had happened in her absence, she had told them that if she were to join a pack that that was where she would go, she had even gone as far as to draw them a map that would lead them right to her former home, she had had to join, she had to make sure that they would be able to find her. It was a tense few moments as she waited there, her hand moved to her thigh, playing with the handle of her hunting knife that rested there now, she was cautious even here as well, unsure whether or not the war had affected these lands yet, of course it might never reach that far, it might stay simply between Crimson Dreams and Aniwaya, she doubted that though. Soon enough she caught a glimpse of her eldest pale daughter, she smiled softly as she approached, seeing the small bundle of fur that padded by her feet. She smiled at the sight of him, he looked adorable.

They approached and smile widened further. Though the greeting was colder than she had expected, she felt silly, she ought to have known that Naniko would have caught the scent of the pack on her straight away. She was not as excited to see her as she had been when they had last met, then again many things had happened, her children had been born after all, no doubt she was exhausted. The female's hands trembled slightly as she looked at the pale girl who she considered to be as close to her as blood, she laced her long fingers together, meeting the Angela's gaze, she smiled slightly.
Nani, it is so good to see you, how are you? Is this one of your sons? The female asked with a smile, bending down to look at the pup, moving to kneel down by him.
Hello there, I'm Soran, who are you little one? She asked, smiling down at the little grey male with his silver eyes, slowly she lifted her head and looked up at Naniko.
When were they born? I am so sorry that I missed it my darling. She asked, not moving from her crouched position by the young male, she could not help but be delighted just at his presence, it was wonderful to see Naniko's youngest litter, they were as close to her as grandchildren in her mind, she only hoped that Nani would allow her to be as such to the pups. She was still nervous about her pale daughter's reaction to the latest step in the female's life, so much had happened, she wondered where to start beginning to explain her reasons for rejoining the pack that had so cruelly thrown her out to her.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 664

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Please Please Please PM me if I ever go more than say..a week without replying <3 I just saw you threadding in another place and it struck me that we had a thread together here <333 I it's completely my fault..I should keep a better log.

She couldn't stand taking Judas out with her most days, and Octavius was pretty rambunctious for his age. She was afraid that either one of them might run away. Severus had been whining and causing trouble recently, yes, but not as much as the other two with their own little mannerisms. Naniko could deal with Severus more easily than the other two...he actually listened to her and appeared to want to spend time with her. Judas was more dismissive than anything, choosing to ignore her or other adults and go off on his own more than anything else. If he'd come with today she would have spent all day chasing after his little puppy butt.

Confused by the scent coming off of her near-mother's pelt, her heart thudded uncomfortably in her chest. She wasn't sure of what to think about this...but Soran hadn't said anything about it yet. Maybe she shouldn't make it into a big deal. Her mother probably had other friends over there that she had needed to visit, though as far as Naniko knew the majority of her extended family was living in Anathema. She didn't know of Haven's pups, as the boy had chosen to disassociate with her long ago. "Yes" She replied to the darker female. The pup stared up at his mother before turning his liquid gaze to Soran. She was a stranger, but his mother didn't seem alarmed...so he was cool with this as well.

"Sevvis" The pup managed to say, still a little uncertain of whether he should be speaking with this stranger or not. Mother had always taught him not to talk to strangers and to report any weird smelling canines to her, whether they were inside the packlands or not. It was always possible that someone from another pack could sneak in, she had said. "Severus Poer de Angelo" His mother corrected, giving the boy's full title. "They came around a month and a half ago. It's nothing to worry about...I knew you had other things to attend to. How has life been treating you on your travels?" She inquired as Severus came forward, sniffing at Soran's ankles.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Don't worry about it dear <3 I just assumed that you were busy with work or something <3 Next time I shall make sure to prod you though, I shall make sure my spork collection is nice and sharp for poking you into posting XD

The sable Patrician loved pups, it was something that had not hit her until she had become a mother herself, until that point she had mostly avoided them, not wanting to spend too much time around them. But now she adored them and the fact that this was Naniko's son made him all the more delighting to the ebony grandmother, her family was growing quickly, she was now a great grandmother, though this knowledge was tainted by the sting that Nani knew nothing about her grandchildren and they knew nothing of her, she hated seeing her family in tattered pieces, strewn across the lands. She smiled as Nani confirmed who the young male was, the way he had attempted to pronounce his name was just adorable. The sable female smiled, another pup to add to the long list of those she loved, now the ebony grandmother had seven blood children and Naniko and they all seemed to be working to provide her with grandchildren, who in turn were finding mates and having pups of their own. She smiled down at the little male as she stood up again, stretching back to her full height with ease, despite her age she was still agile and had not yet gotten to a stage where her joints ached too much when she moved from crouching to standing.
Wow, that is a fine name little one, quite a mouthful. Soran said with a smile, partially to her pale daughter and partially to her new adopted grandson, she smiled at the pale girl though. She asked her what had been happening in her travels, the sable female barely knew where to begin, so much had happened since she had last seen the pale girl, she had joined a pack, Deuce had returned home, a war had been started, there was much to tell Naniko; but of course there was trepidation in the female's heart, she did not know how well Naniko would take the news that her mother had joined a pack that had not treated her well during the last days of her membership there. Then again the pale female had landed on her feet, becoming the Alphess of a new pack, having more litters of pups, she seemed to have sorted her life out appropriately. Soran simply hoped that she had given up taking the drugs that had been the cause of her leaving the old pack, she hoped that she was no longer poisoning her body. The dark pelted woman had been there herself and it was a dangerous road to go down, filled with pitfalls and the risk of death.

The sable female smiled and reached into her bag before answering Naniko's question, smiling down at the little male that was cautiously sniffing at her feet.
There is so much to tell you, but before I tell you, I have some things for this little one here, and your other pups, did you have three in the end my dear? I am sorry that I missed the birth my daughter, so much has happened, I have not been able to get away until this moment to come and see you. The lady spoke, looking at her pale daughter with an apologetic glint in her eyes as she spoke. Finally she found what she had been looking for in her bag, she pulled a small toy wolf from the satchel, it was made of rabbit fur and stuffed with the inners of a spare pillow that she had found in the manor house, it was small and had little black beads for eyes and a nose. Soran had made it herself. She dropped down to a crouch again, placing it at the small toy by the feet of the pup, watching him with a careful gaze as she stood again, attempting to gauge his reaction. She also handed Naniko three necklaces, each with a small piece of flint in the centre, one was decorated with red beads, the next green and the final one with black beads; Soran had never had a chance to spoil her elder litters of pups, or her grandchildren, so she had decided to make up for lost time with hand made gifts. She smiled at her pale daughter.
Firstly I have joined a pack, I can guess you know by my scent which one, I know that it is the last place that you would want me to be, but when my children arrive here, your youngest siblings, it is where they will go, I spoke of it often and said that I would go there to wait for them, I even drew them maps, when they arrive there can be descisions made to perhaps find an alternative place to live. The sable lady started, her tone honest, trying to explain her reasons for joining the pack that had hurt her daughter so, she knew that she had perhaps deserved it, but she hated that Naniko had endured such sorrow there.
Also there is a war underway, I am unsure whether or not you know of it, Aniwaya to the far West has a new leader, who appears to be a psychopath, he is sending forces to attack packs, I hope that he has not been here yet. You haven't had any trouble have you? The lady asked, her tone concerned for her daughter's and her pack's wellbeing.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
WC: 901

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000

She was growing older as well, though Soran definitely bested her in that category. Naniko felt that canines only grew wiser with age, and she personally stayed very healthy with all of the running and walking that she did around the borders of the pack. She was a paranoid and ever-vigilant leader, up at all hours and only catching sleep when her children laid down for a nap or two. Her insomnia wasn't improving so far despite Ravesque sleeping in her den with her, so she relaxed when she could and spent more time with her children during the day between patrols.

Naniko nodded when she was asked about the rest of the litter, who remained back at home. "Yes, three total. All boys, which is just my luck...all three are troublemakers. But this one seems a little better about it...at least out in public" So far, anyway. Who knew how they would develop as time went on. Naniko hoped that they would all become more well-behaved with the training and discipline that she gave them as they grew. "One is nearly as white as I am, but with some gray in his fur as well...and the other looks like his father, brown and black with a little cream." She explained.

The whelp looked quite surprised as the larger female crouched down to his level, setting a toy next to him. He had played with a few things in their den before, but in the weeks before this point he had been too young to really grasp the idea of playing. Still just a baby at only a month and a half of age, the puppy stared at the furry thing in front of him. It had a weird smell compared to the scents around him...but one that matched the female who had given it to him. Was it alive? He poked at it with his paw, yipping as it lurched forward toward him. How frightening! He went to Naniko's side, shaking and whimpering softly. His mother laughed, shaking her head. "What is going on in his head, I wonder. He looks afraid of it."

Talk turned to the tales of Soran's journey around 'Souls, and the darker female explained why she had chosen to live in Crimson Dreams. Naniko didn't know what she knew of her rocky past there, but if Soran was content not to speak of it then she wasn't about to bring it up. The idea didn't please her, that she might be buddying up with one of her greatest enemies...but she also believed that Soran would not such a thing out of spite and that she did respect Naniko as well, regardless of her choice to join the pack that she had been thrown out of. "I don't like it...but I can try to understand. When you came here, you did not know that I had left and created this place, in any case." She concluded. And that was that. She changed the subject, speaking of the war next. "I have heard of no war, honestly - we are very far from AniWaya."

Image courtesy of Mocodragon@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_NanDa1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_NanDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#490505; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 {background-color:#605e61; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #353436; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8144/naniko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:328px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_NanDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
And now it's my turn to apologise for taking so long, I'm sorry my laptop killed itself so I am having to steal internet time whenever I can.

The sable female could not deny that she was pleased to see her pale daughter; seeing that the girl was well and seemed to be happy was soothing to the ebony pelted female's nerves, which had been more than a little frayed recently; the war taking an obvious toll upon her. She smiled at the pale girl, her heart was warmed to see her happy, to see her newest litter, well one of them at least. The pale girl began to explain about her children and Soran smiled and nodded, she had had three sons, that was rather a twist of fate, it was a common train of thought that boys were more boisterous than girls, Soran did not envy the pale girl in attempting to raise them, from the way she spoke it sounded like the three were already running rings around her. Then again Soran's youngest litter had contained three girls and one boy and they had run her ragged, they had worked in teams, the twins had the uncanny ability to seem to be able to communicate without speaking, deciding things with only a glance at one another, Soran had learned to draed their grins, they always suggested that they were about to cause some trouble. Rain had been a handful alone as well, the girl had a short temper and a short attention span when she was young, but she had a way of wrapping everyone around her little finger, making them melt beneath her gaze until no-one could possibly remain cross with her for whatever misbehaviour she had committed. Kiwi had been the respite in all that, she was quiet, the small, delicate girl had always been a lot more shy than her elder siblings, something that she had not grown out of. The dark female smiled at the pale girl, of the memories of her own children, they had been exhausting, but she would have not changed anything for the world, if she had the chance to go and do it over again, she would not change a thing, well at least not when it came to her youngest litter.
"I see, what are the other two pup's names?" She asked, curious about her daughter's family. She smiled as the girl spoke about her sons' father, pleased that she was comfortable about talking about the male now.

The young male scampered away from the toy, yelping in fear, hiding away from the toy, Soran laughed along with her alabaster daughter, smiling down at the male.
"I suppose that it is almost as large as he is, hopefully with time he might grow to like it." The sable mother said, still chuckling slightly at the young grey pup's reaction, she could not help it. The small male was adorable, just as his mother had been when she had been that age, the memory of the small white pelted pup that Naniko had once been and Soran smiled. Although the memory was tainted with a little sadness, so much had happened since then, the girl had once been so young and carefree, it was a shame that she could not retain that innocence and happiness for the whole of her life. The dark pelted female felt a little saddened that she had not managed to protect her pale daughter from the evils of the world, had it not been for her son the girl would have endured far less horror and trouble. The green eyed female looked at her pale daughter as she spoke again, smiling at her, the female was forgiving of her choice, it made the ebony Patrician glad. She had not injured the girl's heart that much at least, she had been expecting the girl to be furious, to be wounded beyond belief. She should have given Nani more credit, the tales of the girl's recent behaviour had tainted her view of her, she should have known that she knew the pale female better than that, despite all that she had done Soran was sure that she still had a good heart. The sable female smiled.
"Thank you for understanding Naniko, had I known that you had started this pack before I returned then my choices may have been a lot different." Soran replied, her tone filled with relief, she was so overjoyed that the pale girl did not hate her for her choice. The female also added that she had not been touched by the war, this was something else that was relieving to the onyx pelted female. Her tail wagged a little as she looked at the green eyed female.
"Oh thank goodness, I would have hated you and your pack to have been affected by the war, I am glad that you are safe, perhaps you should remain vigilante though, just in case." Soran replied, smiling at her eldest daughter, for that was what she was in the jet pelted lady's heart and mind, Naniko was the closest that she had had to a daughter for a long time, having had three daughters when she left the lands did not change her feelings toward the pale girl.
"So tell me, other than the pups, what has been happening in your life?" The sable female asked with a soft smile, moving closer to the pale girl, wanting to be close to her.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 891
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000

"Judas. And Octavius" She had gone with names that ended with strong S sounds. She felt that they were strong titles, ones that would hopefully bring her pups strength and goodwill throughout their lives, whether they chose to stay in Anathema or not. Right now the whelps were far too young to leave their mother for very long, so she wasn't too worried...but she knew the ways of puppies. They were curious creatures, always looking for adventure and new experiences. Hopefully all of the training that she was giving them and the lessons that she was teaching them would help them on their individual journeys.

"I'm sure that he'll get used to it - I should have more toys around for them...thank you, Soran" She said as Severus investigated the toy a bit, whining. She couldn't forget that pups did need their play time as well...life couldn't be all lessons. "I'm glad to see that you're alright too, if there's fighting. I'm not much of a fighter...but if someone's threatening the pack then they'll get what's coming to them." That was why she put such an emphasis on the training of warriors and medics in Anathema. The female knew that they could have a very high value in a situation like that. Demi had been missing for weeks, so they were running short on healers.

"Yes, I do agree. We remain ever vigilant here, regardless of any known threat. It is our luck that we live in the caverns; those of us in the pack are familiar with their twists, turns, and many escape routes...but visitors might not be so lucky. We're also working on traps around our borders that we will make our pack members aware of, ones that an outsider would not recognize as such." She said. It had been one of Selene's ideas, to make pits and caverns for canines to become trapped inside should they choose to trespass into Anathema.

"I don't have too much going on, besides raising the pups. They take most of my time...but they'll be out of the dens soon enough. I enjoy visits from you, Soran - and I do hope to see you more often after the fighting is over. Maybe to speak of the old times, and share a meal and fire." She said. Their meeting was likely drawing to a close, and she made a quick offer. "You're welcomed to stay a bit, whenever you need. I don't like the idea of you walking so far alone to come visit...but I also wish to see you. I cannot go to Crimson Dreams - I will not. So if you continue to come here, I will always offer you somewhere to rest and anything else you might need to get safely back home."

Image courtesy of Mocodragon@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_NanDa1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_NanDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#490505; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 {background-color:#605e61; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #353436; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8144/naniko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:328px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_NanDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
I am so sorry for making you wait so long for a reply on this hun <3

The sable mother was proud of her young daughter, she was proving to be a good mother and leader of this pack, it seemed that she had fallen on her feet. Not that Soran ever doubted that she would have done so, the pale leader was a clever creature, that much Soran could never have denied, she loved her pale daughter and was fully aware of her strengths, despite all of the troubles that the dark female had been told that her pale daughter had caused she loved her, she knew that she had a good heart and that she would be a good leader for her pack. The older female smiled as she listened to the girl speak, naming the other pups, the dark female nodded, smiling, it seemed that the alabaster female had chosen to give her children good, strong names, Soran hoped that that would spur them onto great, strong deeds.
"They are wonderful names my daughter, very good choices I must say." The dark Patrician replied, giving her approval for her daughter's choices, although she knew that the pale girl would need no approval from her, she knew that the names were strong and suggested a proud lineage. The ebony pelted lady's face broke into a smile as she watched the young wolf move to examine the toy once again, sniffing at it, he seemed to still be unsure of it, he was whining a little as he explored it, the sable female was pleased that the young male seemed to be warming to the toy. Nani spoke and Soran smiled, she was pleased that her daughter liked the toys, after all a childhood needed toys, the dark female had never had toys, or indeed any real number of playmates when she had been growing up and she knew that she would have loved to have had the opportunity to play more, life needed lessons, but it also needed play.
"You are very welcome my darling, sometimes a good play can teach us many things. It is nice to be in a situation to allow pups to be pups, sometimes that is what is needed." The dark female replied, smiling at her pale daughter, she was so pleased to see her looking so healthy,along with at least one healthy pup as well.

The conversation turned then to the darker subject of the war, she nodded as Naniko said that she was pleased that Soran was well, it was true, the dark female's wounds were all internal, they were all damage to her heart and her spirit at the moment, she was pleased that she was still physically able to fight and to defend herself and her loved ones.
"I know that you will defend your pack well Nani, you have always been a good leader, I am proud of you, I just hope that this war does not reach you, I cannot bear the idea of this pack being in trouble as well." The sable Patrician replied, her tone warm towards the girl, she was speaking honestly, she was indeed proud of her pale daughter. Naniko then went on to elaborate on what the pack were planning, the traps and the wonderful advantage posed to them by the natural twists of the caverns, Soran smiled and nodded at the sheer cleverness of the pack and their leader.
"That all sounds very good, it seems that you have planned well in case of any such attack." Soran replied with a warm smile playing upon her lips. It seemed that their meeting was slowly drawing to a close, the dark female was readying herself to move back towards Crimson Dreams, she could not leave the pack for too long at the moment, not with the potential dangers ahead. The dark female smiled as Naniko spoke again, saying that she had been very busy raising the pups and suggesting that the Patrician came to visit her soon so that they might talk of old times around a fire.
"That sounds like a wonderful idea my dear, I would very much like that, perhaps once this damned war is over then I shall be more free to move, perhaps to spend a few days here?" The sable mother posed the question, hoping that she would be welcome to come and spend a few days with her pale daughter and her grandchildren, she wanted so much to see them grow up. The pale girl then spoke again, saying that she would always provide her mother with a place to rest and perhaps anything else she might need when she came to visit her. She did not want to visit Crimson Dreams which the dark female understood, she nodded in understanding as the words were said. Gratitude washed over her though at the offer made by her pale daughter, the dark female could not help but smile.
"Thank you, the walk is not unpleasant although it is quite a long one. But I would be very grateful of a rest and something to eat when I arrive here, thank you Naniko." Soran replied, smiling at the pale girl.
"How are the pups liking the caverns? I bet there are many wonderful places to hide there." The dark female added, smiling at her pale daughter, her tail wagging slightly as she looked from her daughter to the young grey pup.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 897
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

<33

Naniko had never had much time to be a pup, really, and this carried on in her current relationships with her children. She did not fully understand the need for a child to have fun or to stop and play a bit - she demanded too much out of them at times, perhaps. The female would allow them to have the toy after they did their chores for the day, perhaps, or if they had done well in their lessons. Such a toy could be used to her advantage when teaching, to give them something to look forward to after their lessons. They were learning more and more...but she worried about the pups often. She wanted them to be prepared for the real world; the real world was not about puppy games and fluffy toys.

"Thank you, mother. I think that the pups are adjusting well to life here...it's all they've ever known. We have soft furs and such for sleeping on and it hasn't gotten too cold yet...so they've been able to explore outside, as well. They'll be learning about snow soon enough." The mountain usually became covered in the stuff before the rest of the mainland. She hoped to not have to defend the pack in any sort of a conflict, preferring to stay out of things if she could. She didn't want any of her family members killed, and that was what made up a nice portion of the pack since Caprica and Rio had returned. Her son Scorpius was still skulking around as well, along with the three younger pups. "I hope it doesn't come to that. You be sure to come back and visit whenever you'd like - you're always welcomed here. Tell any canine that you come across that you are my mother and that I have given you permission to come inside, as a family member."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]