forever ( joining ) leader needed!
[html]
Character Name: Oxford Rendón
Character Birthdate: April 29, 2007
Whether he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Your e-mail: break.the.ice13@hotmail.com
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Browsing

Skulls. That was the first thing he saw upon reaching the border that marked entrance to the only coyote clan in 'Souls. He'd been traveling for quite some time, with a sense of emptiness. A home was something foreign to the coyote mix. Perhaps that was why he chose to ignore the eeriness of the clan's land. The skulls, though intimidating, were pushed to the back of his mind. As was the fact that the entire land was shrouded in darkness, being that it was the evening of the first day of June, a day that proved to be filled with thunder and lightning.

The rain pelted his face, and the coyote who sported the mane of a maned wolf blinked to keep the rain away from his emerald eyes. His bag filled with tools to make jewelery hung over his right shoulder, a pair of dirty jeans covering his lower half, though his upper body was bare. His mane stuck to the rest of his body, not showing its usual fullness. Keeping a good distance between himself and the skulls marking the boundary, Oxford stood silently, awaiting the arrival of a current clan member to check him over. If one would even come in this kind of weather.

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... pd/run.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:165px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#C6EDFA;">
Hello. :] -Figures a nice joining thread should help her get inspiration back!!-

>>>>>While the current confrontation was unfortunate--it was even more unfortunate for those that encountered Anselm. Indeed, he had been particularly cranky as of late, and he had finally fallen over the edge--he was no longer 'border-line excessively preoccupied' with his routines... he was flat out obsessed with them. His daily solo-training remained much the same, but his usual two trips around the borders a day had increased to five or six, and he was constantly hounding Gabriel so that they may train together. He slept in two to four hour intervals and never strayed far from Inferni's land. Needless to say, bad weather meant nothing.
>>>>>Consequentially, it did not take very long for the newcomer to have a rather imposing Anselm bearing down on him--the wolfish hybrid marched straight for him, eyes openly roving over him, testing him, examining him... Oh, boy!! This one wears PANTS. Joyous. Now, under normal circumstances, Anselm couldn't have cared less whether or not someone chose to clothe themselves. But this was a war; come on, people! "Tell me why wearing clothing is a tactical disadvantage," he barked sharply. The obvious answer in his mind: it's too easy to grab onto. If someone flat out tore in, their claws might just rip through, but if they didn't, the pants could be held to restrain somebody, or at least to throw off their momentum. Glowering at the shifted male, Anselm fully expected the correct answer.. and fast. Explanations could come later, but for now, he was the one asking the questions.
[/html]
[html]
Hi there! Thanks for replying. (:

It was typically very difficult to intimidate Oxford. He was well-educated from his journeys and was self-taught in most things, which always gave him the benefit of intelligence whenever involved in an encounter, pleasant or not. Still, the unnamed coyote who met him at the border did well to make Oxford slightly uneasy, though he kept his composure well. The greeting was not something Ox would have expected, but he adjusted to the situation and after a slight hesitation while deciding whether to wonder why such a question was relevant or just answer it, he spoke up.

"Well, I suppose it could slow one down, make a sneak attack rather difficult, or be easy to grab hold of during a physical fight," he reasoned, staring down at his rather hideous jeans. "I assume you must be hinting at the fact that clothing is looked down upon here?" he thought aloud, and proceeded to unbuckle his pants and casually remove them, throwing them over his shoulder. "My name is Oxford Rendón and I seek to join this clan. I'm skilled in the art of making jewelery and some weaponry. The tools are in my bag. I also have begun to dabble in medicines and while I am by no means a pro, it is something I seek to further my knowledge in." There you have it, a basic sales ad for Oxford Rendón. Question was, would the stranger buy it?

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... pd/run.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:165px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#C6EDFA;">
No problem. Big Grin Oxford seems pretty cool! Put leader needed or somethin' in your title/subject. :]

>>>>>Anselm could sense his energy: calm, non-confrontational. Given that he had been rather short with him and they weren't technically inside of Inferni's borders, this was the best Oxford could do short of actually submit. Either way the lack of sputtering or stupid questions, coupled with an expedient response, managed to satiate him. "Nobody cares what you wear here," he said, tone less harsh than before. He hadn't expected the other to disrobe so quickly without protest, and while nobody honestly gave a damn, the obedience put him in a favourable light. "But we are in a war. Being of coyote decent, whether you run with Inferni or not will make you a target." A 'friendly' warning. He suspected that the wolves wouldn't differentiate between non-clan members and those that actually affiliated themselves with the rest of the 'Souls coyotes.
>>>>>"Anyway, that obviously makes weaponry in high demand, and a medic wouldn't hurt either. I think we have someone trained in that area as well, so perhaps you could work together." If you get in, his eyes added. Still, the words were meant to be encouraging and he was 99.9% sure Gabriel would approve of this guy. There was no reason not to. He threw back his head and let out a quick summoning call to the leader, rocked back on his haunches, and waited. Meanwhile, he kept an ear open in case Oxford had anything else to say.
[/html]
[html]
Thank you very much!

Oxford had never really been part of a pack, or clan in this case, but he knew the basics of submission. Perhaps he had not perfected them upon this encounter, but the quick removal of his clothing had been an effort to show that he was willing to follow the demands of the clan. Still, he felt slightly foolish now when the unnamed male admitted that what he wore was not a problem. Of this, he made a mental note. But what really sparked his interest was the mention of war. "In the case of a war, then, I would be happy to assist Inferni," he said, testing the name of the clan out for the first time.

Ox nodded at the words that followed and was happy to hear that there was possibly another medic in the lands. He was always looking for something new to learn, and if there was someone who he could learn more about medicine from, that was a bonus. Oxford's emerald eyes met those of the coyote opposite him and he was silent as the call was made to summon the leader. "Do I get your name, stranger?" he added as an afterthought. It would probably be best to familiarize himself with the names of those in this foreign land, especially if a war was going on.

[/html]
[html]

indent Gabriel moved towards his cousin’s voice quickly, his feet moving in time over the worn, wet ground. He shook water from his face and snorted. Inferni had become increasily hostile, and the weather was reflecting this tone. Up until the time it started, Gabriel had been following a familiar female’s scent with the intent of finding her and making sure she got the message she was not wanted here. He did not care whether or not his mate trusted the woman—Gabriel did not. Only one wolf had earned his trust, and she knew better then to enter here unannounced.
indent He came to a halt near Anselm, looking at the stranger pointedly.

[/html]
[html]

>>>>>His name. Lately, he had been getting too liberal with that. In his paranoia (and arrogance), he occasionally flat out refused to offer his truthful name--in other cases, he would say nothing at all. It wasn't as though he believed that they would somehow gain an unseen advantage over him just by knowing his title--it wasn't as though his name was the key to the lock that kept all that mad brilliance within for his eyes and ears and mind alone. Maybe it was because it unnerved them. Folks grew upset when you knew their name and they didn't know yours. It was like a blatant slap in the face of regular social interaction. It was a cue, a tip perhaps, that something wasn't quite right, and it could make them squirm. Strangely, however, Anselm found himself extremely pleased by this male. "Anselm," he said simply.
>>>>>Once the doggish form of Gabriel appeared, Anselm lowered his tail into a neutral position and offered a dip of his head to his cousin. Some things he did not need to point out: obviously he was respectful of borders. "This is Oxford. He is aware of Inferni's situation and still wishes to join the clan. He can craft weaponry and is an aspiring medic." The basics. Then, it was time for something more obscure: "He's got his head on straight." Obedient, thinking on his feet, and responding well to stress--Gabriel would get the idea.
[/html]
[html]

Welcome to Inferni! We can continue this thread if you would like, otherwise let me know and I'll close it.

indent For a long time Gabriel stared at their third wheel, gold-yellow eyes bright and locked on the stranger. Oxford. It was a peculiar name, but it was strong. He did not ask for much when it came to the clan—most often, newcomers offered more then enough skills for him. Nodding smartly, the hybrid spoke. “All right, Oxford. You’ll be placed at Tirones, our newcomer rank, for now. I’m sure Anselm has explained our situation—treat any wolves as hostile.”

[/html]

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]
Thanks, and if it's not too much trouble I'd love to continue a little longer?

Anselm. Oxford allowed the name to settle in his mind alongside the image of the coyote so as not to forget him. He figured that forgetting Anselm would be difficult, for he'd struck him as the funny sort, but nevertheless there was something Ox found intriguing about him. Oxford stood his ground in silence as thunder cracked above him, the wasteland continuing to be splattered with rain. He was pleased by the way Anselm represented him to Gabriel and smiled softly at the concluding words made by Anselm. Apparently, the leader, who looked more like a dog than a coyote, not that it mattered, was also satisfied for he granted Oxford a position in the newcomer ranks immediately.

"Thank you both," he said politely, dipping his head in respect and thanks. "I know it is perhaps not the best weather for a discussion, but would either of you mind explaining the origin of this war you speak of?" he asked, attempting to magnify his voice so that it would not be drowned out by the rain and thunder. He assumed the war had something to do with the wolves, paying mind to Gabriel's words to treat all wolves as hostile. Though polite for the most part, there was a darkness to Oxford that he would be willing to let lose on any wolves who threatened the clan he now belonged to.

[/html]
[html]
Do they know about the Asphyxia/Mew thing, Mel?? :/

>>>>>Asphyxia had been struck by Anselm's appearance, and sometimes he was surprised that more coyotes weren't. Being predominantly wolf, he looked the part. Other than a slightly pointier muzzle, unusually long legs, and a strange golden coat, he could pass for a pure bred wolf. Gabriel, alternatively, looked more like a domesticated dog than anything wild, which was truly baffling. It made him doubt his already limited knowledge of genetics more than ever... but that was only if he chose to think about it. For now, he was focused on the present. He gazed through the falling raindrops and honed in on their voices through the clamour of the weather. Oxford was accepted, and he nodded and made ready to leave. As he had stood once Gabriel arrived, nothing had changed outwardly--and now he mentally paused once more.
>>>>>"An innocent coyote mother was found, brutally savaged and hung with her son. The wolf that did it has affiliations with a pack to the west, Dahlia de Mai. The pack is predominantly female." The scout then caught Gabriel out of the corner of his eye, wondering if the leader had anything else to add.
[/html]
[html]

indent What had happened? A thousand things. A hundred things. Inferni had more blood on their hands then Gabriel would, perhaps, like to admit. He looked to his cousin for only a moment before casting a glance to the newcomer. “They don’t respect our borders. I don’t care if you chase them out or kill them, but do not let them roam freely.” The hybrid paused to shake water from his face. “You can find a den in the caves at the top of the hill,” he said, gesturing with his muzzle.

[/html]
[html]
We can end it here. ^^

Oxford allowed the two coyotes (despite neither looking much the part) his full attention, for he was indeed interested in what they had to say. Anselm spoke first, and his explanation was more specific than Gabriel's, whom Oxford had judged as one more careful with his words. Still, Oxford appreciated the information from both ends and nodded respectively.

"Mm," he sighed, shaking his head at the image that Anselm had painted in his mind. It was an unfortunate situation, indeed, for the death of any was something to be sad about but the death of a mother and child was even more heart-wrenching. He nodded in response to Gabriel's words, once again negative towards the wolves. At his addition on housing, Ox looked out towards the hills and prepared to get settled there. He fully intended on remaining in Inferni as long as possible. Already he felt as though he would be of use here. "Well I won't keep either of you waiting any longer. Thank you once more for allowing me to stay and I hope to see you both again soon. Good day." And with that, he raised a hand in farewell and proceeded towards the hills, where he planned to locate a den.

[/html]