Couch Potato
[html]

+5 OOC: I got shaw inspriation!!!

Shawchert had nearly finished his project.... ok no he didn't the mannequin was more of a challenge than he could have thought. He would continue with it, but he needed a new project. Taking one last look he looked down at the baby ferret, sighing he picked her up and put her on his shoulder. She was old enough to hold on now, and she liked sitting there, it was a perfect spot for the little thing to curl up and watch things. She was a lively little thing now that she was nourished and now being fed bits of his own dinner. She was bright eyed and always watching with the little things. Shaw liked it. Moving out of his house he walked across the Terrace where he was working on a building project, he was doing it little by little because he was sure Bangle would want a hand in it too. He was making a tree fort for the children of the pack, it was connected to the terrace, but far enough for the pup's privacy. Shaw would know they would enjoy it when it was done. It was small though, very small compared to the large man and it was hard to work on it, but he was able to figure out a way to get the inside worked on. He'd built the floor first and then the walls but wasn't going to finish the roof till he was done with the puppy sized furnishing. He was working on that below, where there was a ramp for the four legged pups to go up. He had built a ladder for those that had use of their hands.

He was below the tree fort carving out a nice sitting chair for the pups, it was just a log that he's sawed off one part of to make it so it wouldn't roll away, then he shaved off the bark which was where he had finished, now he had a special tool to hallow out the area where the pups would sit, and that was where he started, letting his muscles do the work and watching the shavings of wood peel off, he'd have an idea to use for these later, mainly something for his girls. The ferret was close by watching. She knew that shaw was her caretaker now and she was interested in what he was doing.
“I'm making the pups a couch, maybe you would like to test it out for them when i'm finished.”

Shaw said kindly to the ferret kit. She looked at him as though she knew what he was talking about, of course she did and she was learning from his words, but Shawchert did not know this, nor how extremely smart they could be when it came to talking. He moved the tool back and forth, peeling lower and lower into the wood. His craftsmanship was starting to show in the work of art. He was sure the pups wouldn't care, but he liked making things better than just functioning.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He had found a wood plank leaning against the wall of a vacant hut. Loviere experimentally put a bit of weight on the piece, grunting with satisfaction when it seemed to remain sturdy. His large hand grasped it as he shoved one end under his arm. It would work as a crutch, he decided. When he found Octavian with his things again, he would work it into a more functional shape. Lovi walked forward, testing the crutch. It was not often that he chose to take on his Optime form. Despite being his strongest and most useful form, walking was no simple ordeal when he was bipedal. But for the majority, he had noticed that the Luperci of Cercatori d'Arte stayed in the humanlike shape. He dreaded being left out and so he was determined to make walking easier.

He thought briefly of his earliest years. His mother, nudging him along beside her. She had told him that he would always need her to help him walk. And the longer he lived with his parents, the greater his urge to set off on his own had been. Their solitary, lonesome existence was simply not for him. Ever since he had met Octavian, Loviere had valued friendship with creatures and wolves outside of his immediate family. He remembered fondly his first day on his own. Oct was there to help him when he stumbled but he quickly got the hang of walking with a lame leg.

Staggering forward, Loviere caught sight of a familiar face. Shawchert was the first Luperci he had met from the pack. Still he held a large respect for the huge fellow carpenter. Loviere could tell by looking at the man that he was an experienced craftsman. Never before had the young wolf met someone with the same hobby. And as he drew closer, Loviere's eyes widened with excitement as he saw the thing Shaw was working on. It seemed to be a seat of some sorts. Loviere was used to making fishing poles and small figures, but never anything that was extremely functional, besides the poles. He would give anything to share in this talent of Shaw's.

"Hey there, Shawchert." He lifted a hand in greeting as he walked up to the man. Loviere nodded his head in the direction of the little ferret, acknowledging her as well. Since meeting Octavian, he had come to believe that other creatures were not lower than he, but simply different. Oct had definitely shown him that prey animals were capable of thought and love and speech.

Words | 4+ ooc . I liiiiike Shawww..

<style>
.freetable-d04 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-d04 b {color:#000066;}
.freetable-d04-b {width:480px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-d04-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#000000; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:0px 25px;}
.freetable-d04-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-d04 {background-color:#6699FF; border:0px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A331A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:480px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for slow reply, i had a crappy week last week

Shawchert loved the work he did, and enjoyed the look on the faces when receiving a finished project, so he was quite in a zone as he moved his tool back and forth making the depression he wanted to. He would work on the finer details when he got what he wanted. He heard his name and looked up, giving a smile to the man he had greeted not too long ago. He had mentioned he was a carpenter so it was great timing that the man came while Shaw was in the process of his own work. The ferret looked up at him with interest. Shawchert gave a short bow of his head to the man.

“It is good to see you again Loviere! Come to explore the Terrace?”

He waved his hand over the maze of bridges and structures that were attached to the trees. Shaw was in his element here, and was one to show off his handiwork. He knew how to make something old and worn into something far more useful, as long as it was wood of course. Not many wolves had shown too much interest in the actual Terrace itself. Many felt their feet were better left on the ground, though he was sure others visited when he was on patrol. In any case it was an area open to anyone who belonged to the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Loviere had only briefly walked by the Terrace once before. He had been too overwhelmed by his new home that he had not taken a good look at it. Now the intricacy of the bridges and ladders struck him in the heart. He would love to get up there, perhaps add contributions of his own one day to the structures. Such carpentry made his whittled sculptures look like play things. He found himself smiling. As soon as he was done speaking with Shaw, he might just have to go explore the area a bit more.

It struck him then that climbing into the trees might very well be impossible for him, even with the aid of a ladder. Perhaps Oct could climb up and describe it all to him one day. His smile dropped gently to a frown and his gaze clouded with the dim color of jealousy. He waved his hand at the chair and spoke. "Hello, Shawchert. What've you got there, eh? And this Terrace's prettier than anything I've seen. Did you make some of all that? I'd love explorin', but I'm afraid the hoof might argue."

He balanced between his crutch and his good leg and held out the twisted limb, wiggling his toes for emphasis. His light golden eyes narrowed with slight anguish at the sight of his leg. Most of the time, he preferred to not look at it. He was never much of one for wallowing in his self-pity or concentrating on the negative aspects of life. But his leg was, simply, ugly. At the bend it was twisted awkwardly inward, so that his right paw pointed toward the other. The paw itself was angled strangely and his fur did not grow in various places. It was a painfully obvious deformity, and not one that Loviere enjoyed living with.

Words | 305 ooc. That's quite alright. Had a crappy week myself.

<style>
.freetable-d04-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#000000; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:0px 25px;}
.freetable-d04-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-d04 {background-color:#6699FF; border:0px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A331A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:480px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 285 :: OOC: So terribly sorry for the wait1!! I'm trying to catch back up again <3

Shaw smiled at the man, who greeted him kindly. He stoood up entirely, putting his tools down.

“I'm making something for the children's little hide out. It's a couch I would suppose, will look better with cushions on it. Bangle, one of our members, and mate to our leader, mentioned it to me and I haven't been able to put my tools down since.”

He ha looked the man up and down and knew that him and ladders would be a problem, but this did not mean he couldn't get up onto the bridges. He gave a wide grin and showed the man an examble of a ramp that intertwined up a tree.

“Never cut yourself too short my friend. We have more ways of getting up than just ladders and pulleys. We've got ramps. My pups couldn't climp up the terrace by themselves so I made these for them.

He pointed to the ramps, they were big enough for an adult, as Shaw had figured out the hard way, even adults could use a ramp or two. It was mostly for the pups though, but even someone like Loviere, well he could surely benefit from that.

“Orin, she made me put the boards tighter together on the bridges too, so there's no holes or anything to jump over, it's got nets and such around them.... quite child proof if I say so myself.”

He said. He knew the newcomer was looking around and getting to know cercatori, Shaw had the luxury of looking around it before it was even claimed. The wonderful sights he had seen had made him choose this spot for the pack.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
[html]

He found himself yet again amazed at the sheer size of Shawchert. He wondered just exactly what types of wolf flowed through those veins. Loviere was quite large himself, being half tundra wolf, but Shaw was by far the largest wolf he had seen. Larger even than his father Tormund Dinabalo. He wondered briefly what his father was doing at that moment. Tormund and Alastriona were most likely very much alive, far south of him in the world. He blinked. They were a part of his past -- he no longer needed to think of them. The only tie he had to them was his surname. He had even changed his first name from Louverture to Loviere to blur his past.

"Ah, how kind of you. I'm sure the younguns will love it, Shawchert. It looks great." As the giant man continued speaking, Loviere felt his lips turn up into a smile. He'd been blind not to notice the ramps. His tail wagged gently as he thought of being able to go up on the Terrace. He had never been able to climb trees in all his life and he had always envied any wolf who could.

"That's fantastic, Shawchert. Child proof is cripple proof in most cases, I think. I will definitely be checking it out some day soon. You have pups, do you? My, that's neat." The tundra-timber hybrid beamed from ear to ear as he leaned against his crutch, eyes erect and alert. He must have looked so young and juvenile to the older male, but he did not care. He found himself wondering what compelled a man to have pups. He had never really considered the idea much before. It was an odd thought. Loviere blinked stupidly, and let his eyes rove back over to the Terrace.

Words | --- ooc. Bwar crappy post.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 302 :: OOC: wheeeee

“Thank you, I do appreciate the praise. Any is quite welcome, though critiques are just as much so, but I have yet to finish it so we'll wait until then.”

He knelt back down again, and started peeling the wood off again. He was paying attention to both his project and his visitor.

“Yes I have two daughters, Juliet, and Titania. We never really planned them but they are the best thing that ever happened to me.”

He thought of all he had to go through since Tsuki had denied his love. The one night stand with Orin that turned out to be the only time he needed to start children. Then Sky.... then their birth and the death of his son, who was still around in spirit to guide shaw, but not as much. He had gone through a lot to get his children in his life and he would do anything to keep them in it. He smiled kindly at the man, he wouldn't call him a cripple, that word meant that a cripple would be useless this man seemed to overcome his injuries so he was far more than a cripple, but Shawchert wouldn't say anything.

“So you are a carver too, would you like to learn how to do bigger projects? We need more who are capable. I'm so tired of getting midnight calls.”

He said smiling at Loviere, he could trust the man, and as he knew his daughters didn't seem interested in his own work and he had no idea if he'd have anymore. He didn't mind teaching his skills to anyone in the pack that wanted to learn. He was open to showing the ways of his skills and would be proud that anyone would use them.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
[html]

+3 table by shannon

Loviere observed the carpenter work as he talked, carefully watching how he worked the wood so that he might mimic the older man in such a way one day. Loviere was good at the small stuff. He always had been. It was like his hands had a mind of their own when he whittled. They gave life to his figures and sculptures as they were shaped. He was not terrible at making larger things, simply inexperienced. In his life of wandering, making large wooden items had been impractical.

He nodded, then spoke. "Those are beautiful names, Shawchert. I am sure they are lovely children. Myself was not planned either."

He smiled softly, remembering his parents' stories. They had never wanted to start a family. It was against their idea of a good lifestyle -- why they preferred to stay alone, Loviere would never understand. Loviere raised his eyes to Shawchert in excitement when he heard the man's question. Of course he would love to learn how to do bigger projects. Or at least get more experience with larger things. There was little his tiny sculptures could do, besides entertain people or add to the decor of a room.

"I would definitely enjoy learning. And helping. I like help... to help, I mean."

Over the two years of his life, Loviere had grown better at catching the flaws in his speech. His parents had always told him he thought faster than he could speak. He was not sure of where his minor speech flaws came from. His father called him dumb, but Loviere did not like to think on that. His stupidity was also the reason his father had claimed that Loviere could learn Low Speech so well. But Octavian was one of the smartest creatures he knew, he had long ago realized. Intelligence level did not determine how you spoke or what you spoke. He scratched his head softly, focusing his attention back on Shawchert.

It might be fun, when he had learned a thing or two, to come up with some projects of his own that he might be able to work on. Surely he might be able to come up with something that could help the pack. And of course, there was the matter of him not having a house of his own.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#997766; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e9ecf6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZsCHK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#aa8877; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 341 OOC: SO SORRY THIS IS LATE! Also I have no ideas the tools woodworkers use and i'm too lazy to look it up now so, uh i'm sorry if i'm vague on the "tools" used Sad

The large man gave a nod to his new friend as he explained that he was also an “accident”. Shawchert didn't think accidents were a bad thing, and he loved his children with all his heart no matter the circumstances he had them in. Besides if Loviere had been better planned it might not have been him that was concieved and he wouldn't be here today, at least that's what Shaw saw it as. The man agreed to learn and Shaw couldn't help but grin at the man happily.

“It's actually not much different than carving, just takes a few different tools and a bigimagination. Normally with a couch it would be made in different parts, but seein as these are pups who are going to own it, I'm not really going to make it so flimsy. It'll be pretty heavy though. You start with shaving the bark off with this...”

He showed the man the tool and then went into further discussion, letting him know everything he did up to the point where he was working. He explained he finer points of working on large projects, tips tricks, and explained the tools to use. He explained some of the rules of carving out big things from wood, mainly the bigger the project the heavier it was. Shaw knew he would have a hard time getting the couch into the children's play hut, but he would manage, he always did. He grinned at the man, then looked around, spotting the rest of the trunk that was left over, there was still a good three feet left of it, though it had a few branches on it.

“Here there's one right there, I can show you. Here's what you need to get the bark off, it's like … peeling off the skin of something, like you do when you whittle.”

Shawchert said giving the man the item he had used to take off the bark. He'd help Loviere find an understanding of the tools at least.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]