Your secrets I will kee[p]
[html]
Private for the lovely Nat-Zalen-face Smile Set in the Dampwoods, can this please be backdated to the 16th of September please? Soran will be needed back in CD soon and I like to keep my walking times sort of ok, if that's alright with you?

It was early afternoon, the bright sunshine was marred by several clouds that were floating across the sky, they were fluffy and white, not the dark grey clouds that had been so full of rain the day before. The air still smelt of the dampness of the previous day, although the forest floor was moderately dry, the canopy of yellowing leaves providing protection for the pine needle strewn ground against the soft patter of the rainfall yesterday. The tall trees were still covered in their usual summertime outfit, the heavy leaves bending smaller branches, they were fading now though, turning from their bright vivid greens into the golds and reds of autumn, the season would soon be turning after all, even now the birds were beginning to depart for the warmer, more southern climates. The morning chorus had been a lot quiter this morning, many of the less hardy birds having already left for their winter homes. The sunlight managed to break through the thick canopy of leaves though, leaving bright patterns on the forest floor, the light dancing with particles of dust in the air. All over small animals were collecting nuts and berries, some tangled brambles lay wrapped around the base of a tree, it was alive with mice, collecting the berries from it to store for winter, they seemed completely unphased by the black female sat perched on a low branch nearby, clearly knowing that she was too involved in her own thoughts to bother with them, especially as they would be such tiny morsels, barely worth even catching. The sable wolf was staring up at the sky, her jade eyes focused on something way up high, out of sight of the smaller animals, something far beyond the canopy of the trees. She was watching a hawk floating slowly high above the trees, watching it, for a moment she was jealous of its simple life, so much was happening within the lands, there was so much turmoil and trouble, Soran herself was filled with terrible guilt, she had allowed Anu to be captured, her leader, the mother of her grandchildren, her trusted friend, she could barely bear what had happened. She was jealous of the small bird there, it's life was so much more simple than hers, all it would consist of was, hunt, fly about, hunt again, eat, sleep. How the sable female wished for just a moment that she could have such a life.

This was fanciful though and she knew that, there was no way that her life would ever be so simple and in truth she would not want it to be, for although there were monsterous lows in her life, there were also incredible, wondeful highs. She would not trade them for the world, no, perhaps sometimes the hardships were worth it for the happiness that came after them. But she was starting to wonder if this sorrow would ever end, a darkness had fallen over the lands and it did not seem that there was any way out of it. Though sometimes it was darkest before the dawn, this much was true, she had read that in many books, perhaps this was one of those situations, perhaps soon the usual light of these lands would glimmer and gleam once more. The sable fae somehow doubted this though, even if the world did turn and everything went back to a time of peace, she doubted it would ever be the same again, it had not been so when Inferni had attacked Syemv and she didn't think it would be now. With a heavy sigh Soran pulled the knife from it's new resting place, she had fastened it to her upper leg in it's holster with a short leather belt, it was the best place for it, that way it was always to hand. She reached into her heavy canvas satchel, now a little lighter after she had deposited the gifts for Naniko's newest litter, and pulled from it a steel, slowly she began to sharpen the knife. This was one of her newest nervous habits, instead of fiddling with her hair she now prepared herself for any attack, there was a war happening within the lands and this time she would be ready, not like the night of the raid. The metal on metal made a satisfying sound to the jet pelted patrician as she sat upon the tree branch, she needed to keep this knife sharp now, she had found her family and new loved ones, she was not about to lose them to the enemy, not now. She was still her usual peaceful, friendly self, but times of war called for her more steely side and the truth was that she had survived a lot, she had enough steel to arm a battalion underneath the layers of soft motherly affection. There were not many things that could rile this female's temper, but threatening her home, her pack and her loved ones, well they were the three that would indeed provoke a reaction and Aniwaya had managed all three in one fell swoop. Oh yes, next time she would be ready.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebsep43 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebsep43 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 860
Table by the fabulous Alli

[/html]
[html]
Back dating is a good thing. You are awesome! / +398

Zalen had decided to roam this day. After the rains of yesterday and being cooped up in his den the young wolf felt the need to stretch his tired muscles and renew his moldy bones. To do this he had shifted from his usual quadruped form to the two legged Optime, one he rarely used when patrolling. But today he felt like taking his time and had walked two-legged past the outskirts of his territory. He was careful to edge Lucia’s boundaries, he did not want to disturb her this day, he had other things in mind.

It had been two months’ time now since he had seen the ebon wolfess named Soran, who had kindled his interest in the written word. Two months now he had struggled on his own to comprehend the hume writing and reading and he believed that he now had a solid grasp on them. He knew the children’s stories by heart now, cover to cover he had read the books she had given him and he had recently acquired another book in his journey to Halifax. It was a book of poetry, a beautiful hume prose that he could barely understand but delighted in. He wished to share it with Soran if he could find her, and therefore he was headed to where he had last encountered her scent; the Dampwoods.

He had guessed that she had left living there some time ago, for her scent trail had grown cold, so he knew there was little hope in finding her. But perhaps if he investigated a little further he might find a clue as to where she had gone off to. Zalen was thinking these things when he finally caught wind of her, and to his surprise the smell was fresh, almost as if she were standing mere yards away from him! He paused and took a good look around; the afternoon was warm and golden in the sunlight, the dappled forest floor smelt musty from the perciptation of the day before, high above a hawk circled. As his eyesight moved up to look at the bird of prey more closely, he heard a ringing of metal against metal to his right. He turned and sitting in a branch was the female he was searching for, what luck! He trotted quickly to the base of the tree, Ho there, Soran!

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I'm really sorry for the wait on this! I thought I had replied, turns out I'd only written half and then saved it, sorry Nat <3 Slight powerplay here with the hug, I can change it if you want to me to Smile

The sable female was now focused on sharpening her knife, pausing every now and again to press her thumb against it, to test it's sharpness. She wished that it did not have to be this way, she was not a natural warrior; it was true that she had had to fight for her existance when she had been younger, that she had fought to defend her pack and her family, but she was having her skills tested again, she had been a warrior when she was young and had been hoping to leave that side of her behind when returning here, to be the matriarch of her family and work on being a good grandmother, alas it seemed that fate had other plans for the sable Patrician. For a moment her mind wandered, thinking of how much had changed since she had last stayed in these woods, she had left these woods a loner with no family to speak of and now she was a Patrician in the Crimson Dreams pack and she had found two of her grandchildren and three great grandchildren as well, she had found out why Naniko had been so odd when she had last seen her and she had found herself in the middle of a war, how times had changed. The sable female's mind flitted over the wolves that she had met here, Lucia whom she had developed a strange friendship with, she liked the girl who lookedso much like herself, she wondered how she was, where she was, they had shared a conversation and a few cigarettes, even a drink and the pair had seemed to get along quite well, she wondered how she was now, it had been so long since she had come this way, she regretted not doing so sooner, but alas, circumstances had made it so. She also thought of Zalen, the ebony male whom she had shared such a fun afternoon with, sitting and teaching him to read, she wondered if he was well, she wondered if he had progressed with the reading, he looked like the sort of male who would take her advice and keep practising, she hoped that he had gained good use from the books she had given him, she wondered if he had been practising his writing as well, she hoped so, after all so much could be lost and forgotten if it were not practised. For a moment she thought she could smell the sable male neerby as she sat there carving her knife, no doubt a trick of her imagination, she was lonely here and so her mind conjured up a familiar scent no doubt.

It wasn't until the male spoke that she raised her head, he hadn't been a figment of her imagination after all. She grinned at him, her tail wagging, thumping against the low branch that she sat on. Long, deft fingers quickly placed the knife back into it's holster on her thigh, closing the catch carefully so the knife would not come lose, the steel was placed back into her canvas satchel, which she then placed on the pine needle strewn ground. She got to her feet as quickly as she could, pausing for a moment to stretch, she was not as young as she had once been after all, and sitting for great periods of time often caused the sable female to need a moment to stretch her muscles out once again, this was one of the reasons that the sable female was very active, often wandering here, there and everywhere, never totally still. She crossed the distance between them and opened her arms, pulling the male into a warm hug, it was so lovely to see a friendly face, a friendly face that was not tainted by the war. The ebony female grinned at the male again, stepping away from him.
Zalen! It is marvellous to see you. How are you? The ebony female asked, standing before him, her tail still wagging as she looked up at the male. It had been too long, looking at him she realised this, she wished that she had come here earlier, to continue her lessons with the male, she should have come back sooner and checked on him, she could not help but feel a little motherly towards the dark male. She wanted to make sure that he enjoyed his reading and writing, that he had not been having any trouble. The sable female brushed a long dark strand of hair out of her eyes, noting that it now had a few silver strands hiding here and there within it, she was indeed getting older, something which did not bother her, but it was strange to notice that there were small silver hairs dotted here and there within her sable fur, once it had been clear and unblemished, now there were a few imperfections here and there. She smiled up at the male again, "how has your reading been going? Have you been enjoying it? Come and sit with me and tell me what has been happening to you. Soran said, gesturing to the male to follow her back to her tree branch, moving and perching herself on it once again, not sitting upon the broad gnarled branch this time, simply leaning against it, she would move to sit on it soon enough, but she needed a moment to stand, the stiffness in her legs when she had been getting up told her that much, she needed a break from sitting down.

<style type="text/css">
.freebsep43 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebsep43 {margin:0 auto; width:505px; background-color:#06132b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YaPWo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8690b0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 924

[/html]
[html]
Consider this a chill thread, no need to rush replies, it's all good / +374

Zalen couldn’t help but to wag his tail frantically when Soran’s emerald eyes fell upon him and a smile came to her face. It was so good to see a friendly face, a care free face. So many of the younger wolves he had met recently had been so melancholy he found himself falling into the same funk as they. But here was a gentle elder, as wise as she was beautiful. Zalen felt he almost held an affection for her that he guessed he would have held to his mother, or grandmother had he known her. It was an affection that he felt slightly even to the spirit who followed him now.

Zalen returned her embrace, but felt pained when he saw the way her ebon form moved with a stiffness that could only be attributed to age. He wondered why she had been sharpening that knife just now, it did not become her nature. I am well. It has been too long between our meetings Soran, how has this last month fared for you? He now took this moment too look at her more carefully.

The sable female seemed slightly worn, like a rock smoothed over by the constant grind of a stream. Her eyes looked weary; he could see it behind their sparkle. This was different from when he had seen her last, when she was fresh on the scene and searching for her family. He hoped she had found them, but if she had why did she look the way she did, harrowed slightly and on edge? She hid it well, but he could see through the disguise. His tail slowed as he pondered this, and then she asked of his reading, You will be proud, I’ve nearly memorized the books you have given me, plus I found this in Halfiax. he produced the small, green book that had been hidden in his massive paws; the front in faded gold leaf was the word Poetry, simple as it was beautiful.

Zalen sat on the low tree branch and looked up at Soran, his head slightly cocked to the side causing the feathers in his hair to stand perfectly upright, Soran, what is troubling you? I can sense something is wrong.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ah ok, was just worried because I don't like to keep people waiting, especially when it's a thread I know I'll enjoy Smile

The sable female could not deny how pleased she was to see Zalen, of all the wolves that she might have come across in these woods he was perhaps the one that she would most want to see. The male with the red facial tattoo always seemed so bright and cheerful and he stirred motherly emotions in Soran that she herself found comforting, had it been Lucia she had bumped into here then the conversation, the whole day, may have turned out differently, the ebony pelted female was very fond of her younger mirror image, but she had seemed to be living beneath a storm cloud when they had last met, she was not sure that that was what she wanted for today. But seeing the male was indeed wonderful, after all of the recent troubles in her life it was wonderful to see such a friendly face, her tail wagged vigourously as he returned her hug. She smiled at him as he said that he was well, nodding as he spoke, she was indeed very pleased to hear this, she was glad that someone seemed to be doing well, she was beginning to expect bad news from all that she met recently. The ebony female smiled at the male as he asked her how she had been fairing over the past month, where to begin? So much had happened, a lot of it rather dramatic, but not all of it bad, the sable patrician did not know really where or how to start, she did not want it to sound too much like a sob story, after all she had a lot to be thankful for, she had her home, her family, her friends, it just seemed that the twisting and turning of fate had caused quite an upheaval in her life at the moment.
I am well thank you Zalen, so much has happened though, I have much to tell you. The lady replied, still smiling up at the male, she hoped that he did not see the flicker of sorrow that passed across her eyes as she thought of what had been happening recently, her children were still missing, but her grandchildren seemed to be warming to her, which was something she was thankful for, but there had been so many terrible events that had happened since she had last seen Zalen, she could not help but feel slightly upset. She smiled at the male though, hiding it as best she could, grinning as he said that she would be proud of him.

Indeed she was, she was delighted to hear that he had continued his reading even in her absence, a grin spread across her face, which only widened as he opened his hands to reveal the books of poetry.
Oh how wonderful! You were right, I am proud of you, where did you find this? Have you tried to read any of it yet? The ebony lady asked, suddenly very excited, she was very pleased for the male,she was glad that she had shown him something which he was obviously passionate about, she hoped more than anything that he was enjoying reading and learning about the human world as much as she had when she had been young and curious about these things. The jet pelted female reached to take the book, giving the male a questioning look as she did so, asking for permission with her eyes.
May I have a look at the book? The female asked, looking at the green covered book with a smile, noting the small writing on it, it was lovely, she wondered if the words inside were as nice as the cover that bound them together. The male then asked her what was wrong, this was inevitable, she had known that this was coming, she had been expecting it, the dark male was a perceptive creature and far from stupid, he would have obviously noticed that something was wrong, especially as he had seen her sharpening her hunting knife, this was something that was very out of character for the ebony pelted female; even she knew this. The dark female looked up at the male and sighed a weary sigh, so much had happened, his perception was right, she was worn, so much had happened, sometimes she wondered if it was all worth it, but then something, someone would appear and suddenly she would realise that it was indeed worth all of the trouble, all of the pain. Soran smiled a weak smile up at the male, I do not know where to begin, perhaps with the most important factor, I rejoined my old pack, Crimson Dreams, although there was so much trouble there, it also holds so many wonderful memories. Unfortunately it seems that all is not as I left it, there is a pack, Aniwaya, in the far South, they raided our lands, kidnapped a child and one of our leaders, we managed to get the child back, but not Anu... Ever since then we have been at war. The sable female began, letting out another heavy sigh, she preferred to not have to be the warrior she had once been, unfortunately the current situation called for it. She stared out at the forest with something of a mile long stare, gazing at something unseen in the distance.
I am not sure what to do. The sable female added, before suddenly looking back at the male, brightening, but enough of that, how are you? Has anything interesting happened up here in the North? The lady asked, smiling again.

<style type="text/css">

.freebaug42 b {font-weight:bold; color:#deb6ba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ac5159; }

.freebaug42 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}

.freebaug42 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c58891; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zyd8h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #520e0e; padding: 200px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#520e0e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}

.freebaug42 p b:before { content: open-quote; }

.freebaug42 p b:after {content: close-quote; }

</style>
WC; 932

[/html]
[html]
This is gonna be good cuz Soran knows Lucia XD / +355

Zalen listened carefully as his sable mentor spoke, his brow furrowing as she explained the goings on of the land to the south of him. His expression grew more dark; so the rumors were true, war between the packs of Aniwaya and Crimson Dreams. He had never encountered members from either of these packs, save the golden female who had attacked him, and therefore had not been sure if the whisperings he had been hearing were substantiated. But they were true, there was conflict going on, the utopia view of Nova Scotia that he had held before his trip to the burnt lands were completely shattered.

He wanted to ask Soran so many questions about this war, the details of it still eluded him, but she went to change the subject and he knew that speaking about the conflict was the last thing she wanted to do, that it weighed heavily on her and that reliving it through words again would not help her. So he let it drop, holding in his curiosity until a better time.

She asked him of what had happened to him since they last met and the question was somewhat daunting. So much had happened, between meeting the ghost of his ancestor and being recruited into some sort of vigilante group. Then there was Lucia… he supposed he’d start there, for Soran was a good soul and would not tease him for his adolescent quirks. A lot has happened to me as well, but I want to tell you about someone I met. Her name is Lucia Cabriel, and she shares our coat color. In fact, I’m sure some would not be surprised were we three to be in the same area together that you were in fact our mother and we brother and sister. He couldn’t help but laugh at this, but then he continued, She is beautiful, and I… I am quite infatuated with her. But she is so frustrating, she is like a puzzle I can’t solve. Perhaps Soran would have some advice for him, because at the moment he was quite stumped by that exquisite creature.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry again for the wait, I have been without the laptop so have been trying to get on here and there when I can. And yes this will be good, Soran likes Lucia XD

The war was a wearing thing on all of the members of Crimson Dreams, Soran was deeply concerned for her bronze granddaughter, Mati, her mother had been kidnapped, not her blood mother, her adoptive mother and this seemed to be taking it's toll on the bronze girl. The sable wolf's relationship with her grandchildren was still rocky so she did not know what the appropriate amount of comfort was the correct one for the situation, she wanted to wrap her arms around the girl and keep her safe from the evils of the world, but she was grown now, she did not need her sable grandmother fussing over her, she had not had it when she was a child and did not seem to want it now; but that did not stop the sable female from worrying about her and wanting to comfort her; the bronze girl seemed to have a strong, steely personality, but Soran sensed the weakness beneath this exterior, she had settled for kind words of comfort in the end. It showed on all of the Crimson Dream's pack member's faces though, the worry, the stress of the situation causing all of the wolves to seem tense and on edge, Soran herself had even greeting a newcomer with a knife. It was a good thing that the young male had not visited her in the lands, it was a cold unwelcoming place at the moment, the tension was enough to be cut with a knife, Savina, the Consul seemed to be stalking the lands under constant guard, it was terrible, it was nice to be away from the lands for a little while, although the ebony pelted female would need to go home soon enough, she loved the lands, she needed to be there to protect them and her family, but the brief reprise was a pleasant one. The sable female looked up at the dark pelted male, smiling at him, she genuinely felt a motherly affection for him, she was suddenly very pleased that he was here in the Northern lands, far away from the ragin turmoil in the more Southern areas of the lands. She smiled at him and wagged her tail slightly as he began to speak, turning the book of poetry in her hands as she listened to him.

The male revealed that he had found an infatuation, with Lucia of all wolves! The sable female's face split into a grin and she began to chuckle slightly as she looked at him. Yes, she could imagine that pairing perfectly, it was true that the three wolves looked very similar, they could have been mistaken for a family if they had lived close together, but the idea that Zalen might be bringing happiness to her younger mirror image and vice versa then that would be wonderful. Her tail thumped against the tree branch as it wagged as she looked at the male, a smile still playing across her lips.
Oh Zalen, Lucia is a lucky girl. I happen to know her, I have met her in the past, she is indeed a bit of an enigma isn't she? How did you meet her? How long have you been infatuated with her? The sable female asked, grinning at him, she could not help but be slightly amused by the idea of the pair together, perhaps they would be a good balance for one another. Well perhaps less of a balance, perhaps Zalen would manage to cheer the miserable female up, she had been through a lot of troubles and turmoil in her past. The sable female could understand why her younger mirror image was often surly and miserable, but it saddened her to think that she was always that way, she hoped that this new liason might bring some much needed joy into her life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
WC: 640
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +336

Zalen noticed as the smile on Soran’s face grew as he spoke and when she told him that she knew Lucia his eyes widened. What luck! Soran knew Lucia and knew what a pain she could be with her gloominess. Soran said that Lucia was lucky to have him and his blushed under his dark fur. He wished that they had each other, but as of yet their relationship was just in its infancy, and she was so closed and cold that he didn’t know what else to do. He wanted to woo Lucia, he wanted to ask her to move into his den with him, since they lived so close already. She excited him and made him feel alive!

Zalen’s tale was thumping against the branch as he thought all this, he smiled at Soran, I met her soon after I came to Nova Scotia, before I met you, before I even found a den! Before her, I had no interest in women, but now she haunts my mind. I’ve been infatuated with her ever since that day, he looked down, slightly embarrassed as he remembered sharing a kiss with her for the first time, being so close to her he could feel her heat, I… I think I’m in love with her. I just don’t know what to do, she’s had a difficult past and turns all her pain on herself. She had carved a snake into her flesh the last time I saw her… he shook his head, I don’t know what to do. I want her to be my mate but I’m completely lost.

He looked up at Soran like a sad puppy, begging her with his eyes to tell him what to do. He had just admitted out loud that he was in love with Lucia, and his heart ached for her, but he was afraid that she would not return this feeling. But there was something there! Something between them that he knew she felt! Zalen sighed heavily, completely confused.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry about the wait again, the boyfriend is fixing my laptop but he is SLOOOOOOOW, it's killing me being without it Sad

Listening to the ebony pelted male speak reminded Soran of her first love, the first time she had ever laid eyes upon Summer, the pale female with the bright eyes who had been so seductive on their first meeting. Little had she known what would transpire from that day, they had fallen in love and become mates, before then Soran herself had had no interest in any wolf, she had never considered taking a mate or anything of the sort, she had always been more or less alone as a younger wolf and although she had found a pack she was happy to keep her heart safely locked away. That way she could not get hurt, but Summer had changed all of that. The pale female had died suddenly though and shattered the jade eyed Dreamer's heart into pieces, it had been the most intense pain that she had ever felt, she had been unable to eat, sleep or even communicate, she had even attempted to take her own life to be with the snowy pelted female. But eventually she had picked the pieces of her life up and had had Conri, who, until he had become an adult had been more than a joy for the sable mother. Eventually she had found that after heart break life went on; then she had met Deuce and her heart had been aching for her ever since, the pair had shared an on again, off again relationship for many years, and now the female with the bi-coloured eyes was back in Soran's life, having arrived on the ebony Patrician's eight birthday, she had been a wonderful surprise for her. The coal pelted female was more than delighted to have her back, she had given her hope that she might love again, that the pair might rekindle what they had once had. If Soran had learned one thing from all of the ups and downs in her life, all of the joy and sorrow, the heart ache and the grieving, it was that love was a gift, never to be squandered or taken lightly when it was given. Love was the highest honour one wolf could receive from another, she hoped that Zalen felt the same, her younger mirror image had always seemed to be sullen and depressed to Soran, but perhaps love would soften her. It most certianly had done that for Soran herself.

The male spoke and explained that he had met Lucia before he had even met the jade eyed female herself, she smiled and nodded, taking in what he was saying before she replied to him. The male seemed to be rather infatuated with Lucia indeed, he spoke of her with such warmth, such enthusiasm, it was good to hear, the female was indeed lucky to have his attention, he was a kind male with a good heart, Soran simply hoped that Lucia would realise this and not hurt him; the male was like a son to her, she could not bear the idea of him having his heart broken. Zalen then confessed that he loved the younger girl and the sooty female smiled, her tail wagging as she looked at him, she had always felt that love was a blessing, no matter in what form it came, she was delighted for him, she simply hoped that it was not unrequited; then again Lucia did not strike Soran as the sort of wolf who would tolerate being around anyone she did not like, she had even said as much herself when they had met all those months ago. The male seemed concerned though, saying that the dark girl had carved a snake into herself when he had last seen her, the dark female nodded her head, closing her eyes with slight worry as she thought on the idea, of course Lucia's former mate who had abandoned her to the coyotes had been named Snake, he had sounded like nothing but scum to the sable female, she hoped that Lucia was not pining for him.
"Love is a wonderful thing Zalen, never forget that, trust me on this, I have lived a long time and loved more than once in my time. The joy is worth the pain, it will always be worth the pain. As for the snake I do not know what to say, do you know much of Lucia's past, when she was a member of Inferni?" The lady asked Zalen, hoping that she would not have to be the one to explain the meaning of the carved snake in Lucia's skin; hoping more than anything that it had been a goodbye, a commemoration so that she might move on.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 783
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]
Don't worry! Chill thread remember? / +270

Soran spoke to him of the power of love, of its worth in the face of pain and Zalen nodded. He had not experience in these matters and therefore the wisdom of his mentor meant a lot from him. But then she said something that caused his blood to turn to ice in his veins and he stared at her wide eyed for a moment believing that he surely must have misunderstood her. Did she say Inferni? Lucia was once a member of Inferni?!

He put a paw over his mouth and looked away into the distance, not know what to think or say. Why would Lucia be a member of Inferni? Was she coerced into there? Was she captured? Did her ex-mate that had caused her so much heartbreak bring her there for nefarious reasons? All these options would have been preferred to the one that seemed to be staring him directly in the face, a possibility that caused his stomach to churn violently;

Was Lucia part coyote?

He could not accept this if it was true, she looked like a pure wolf! What business would she have with a pack full of scoundrels and murderers that only allowed full or half blood coyotes amongst them? He looked back at Soran, frightened and shocked, Lucia… had mentioned to me her ex-lover, Snake, and the pain he had caused her. But she was vague and very guarded. I had no idea she had been a part of Inferni… you don’t think she could be… a coyote do you? He was nearly on the verge of tears as he asked this.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I know, but I still feel bad XD

The dark female watched the male's reaction to what she had said. He seemed shocked and horrified that Lucia had once been a member of Inferni, it seemed that the coyotes had damaged plenty of lives and made many wolves hate them. The ebony pelted dreamer hated them as well, she could not deny it, she remembered the fight between the Syemv wolves and the Inferni coyotes, when she had had to fight for her life and the lives of her friends, her son. The Syemv wolves had been driven from their homes, they had been forced to hide in the woods like homeless creatures. And then there had been Hollow, he had been half coyote and had treated the ebony female horrendously, he had murdered her first mate and then impregnated her, he had stolen their son and caused her to go mad with worry, then he had raped her and turned their eldest son into a killer. It had been the most awful time in the dark female's life and she loathed him for it. That was not to say that she would judge each coyote with her feelings of Inferni, but she still had a slight dislike, a caution towards them. It was funny how the three wolves who looked so similar, the wolves that could be mistaken for a family if they were all together all shared the same loathing towards the Inferni clan. She watched the male with large eyes as he spoke, it was obvious that he had the same dislike for coyotes as she did, she wondered for a moment what had happened in his life to make him feel that way. For a moment she was concerned and furious, were the Inferni coyotes harassing the male? She knew that they were not far from their pack lands here, she hoped that they had not been marching through these woods acting as if they owned the place. The dark female shook her head in reply to what the male asked.
"No, Lucia is not a coyote, she has no coyote blood, well at least as far as I know." Soran replied, reaching and resting a hand on the male's arm gently, trying to comfort him, to stem his worries.

At least the male knew about Snake, that meant that the sable female did not have to tell him that saga, she did not know the full story, only that the male had not been good to Lucia, abandoning her to the cruelty of the Inferni pack. She looked at the male and took a deep breath, readying herself to tell him what she knew of Lucia's past, she probably did not know all that much more than he did.
"As far as I know she moved to Inferni to be with Snake, he was a coyote, or half coyote. They allowed her to stay there as a sort of outside member... He abandoned her and left her there, leaving Inferni without as much as a shred of concern for her well being from what she was saying. Then she was treated very, very poorly by the Inferni clan, at least that is what it sounded like when she was explaining it to me." The female replied, looking at the male.
"What has happened to make you hate the coyotes so much Zalen?" The lady asked, unable to hide her concern for the male, wondering what it was that had happened, if they had hurt him then she would be marching right over there to give them a telling off that they would never forget, the consequences be damned! She gave the male a gentle nudge with her hip, smiling at the male.
"How much had she told you about her time with Snake?" Soran added, wondering if she was revealing too much to the male, she wondered if Lucia had been planning on telling him in due course.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 655
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +379

Zalen saw the true concern in Soran’s eyes and felt like he could just collapse into her if he wanted to. But she began to speak and with every word uttered he felt his fear ebbing. So Lucia had been forced into Inferni by her bastard of a mate, and left there to fend for herself when the coward had run off. Zalen nearly growled, and swore to himself that if he were ever to meet that son-of-a-bitch he would rip his throat out. These violent thoughts were not quelled as normal for the passive wolf, but were instead guarded and hidden a place in his mind until he would need them again.

He looked at Soran forlornly as she asked why he had such a disdain for coyotes. He had told Lucia, and now he would tell Soran, for he trusted her, and every time he recounted that dreadful night it seemed as if a little more weight was lifted from his shoulders. He took a deep breath, Coyotes killed my mother in cold blood when I was just a pup. I could never find her body… only her blood staining the white snow. Had I not been found by two loner brothers, I would surely have been killed too. His olive eyes glazed over for a moment as images of dark blood staining the snow flashed before him; he would never forget the sounds, smells and sights of that night, they would forever be burned into his memories.

He shook his head sadly and then looked at his mentor once more, She had always warned me of the coyotes fearsome nature, and save one coywolf I met on Anathema her assumptions have always been right; they’re murderous, filthy creatures. He glared down on the ground and bit his tongue so he would not say more.

Soran then asked what Lucia had told him about Snake and he looked up at her again, Honestly, not much. She was very guarded. She only explained what the scar meant, and that he was no longer in her life. I did not know he was a coyote nor a member of Inferni. And what would he have done had she told him this? Zalen couldn’t even begin to think about it…

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Hi, my name is Maddi and I suck at replying to this thread apparently, you mustn't let me forget about it, you must PM me if I take this long again. I am ever so sorry Sad

The sable female had a very motherly feeling towards Zalen, when she saw him in this turmoil all she wanted to do was to wrap her arms around him and protect him from the evils of the world. She felt this way about all of her children usually, whenever anyone that she cared for was hurting she just wanted to take them away from it all, to wrap them up in her arms and to keep them safe until everything that was happening had gone away. She felt that way about her pack at the moment, though even if she had been able to wrap her arms around all of her pack mates she doubted that they would want her to, they wanted to fight, they deserved to fight, Soran would be there as well, she would be there to fight against the tyranny of the evil Aniwayan leader. The sable mother gave a weak smile as she looked at the male, it seemed that he was lost in thought, the dark female almost did not want to disturb him, he seemed to be focused on whatever it was he was thinking of, she wanted to comfort him, but perhaps, just perhaps he needed to allow the fury to boil within himself. Soran was a very peaceful creature, but sometimes when it was needed she could be a tempest of rage and fury, she could be very frightening when she was provoked. The male then seemed to change his thought pattern, this caught the sable female's attention and she turned her head to look at him, her ears swiveled in order to catch whatever he was about to say, he had her full attention. He spoke of his mother's death and Soran's velvety ears drooped as she listened, it sounded like her young student had been through a lot in his life, the sable female wanted to protect him even more now, although she doubted that he needed her protection, he was a large male after all and he was also very clever, the dark female would not have wanted to need to fight him, she was fairly certain that he could be cunning when he needed to be. The dark female softened and moved to rest her dark hand against the male's cheek, the combination of their sooty furs making it hard to tell where one wolf ended and the next began, at least from far away. Her touch was a motherly one and she looked square into his face as he spoke, sorrow in her eyes, she hoped that her touch was comforting to the ebony male.
"Oh Zalen... I am so, so sorry to hear this, it must have been awful for you, how old were you when she died?" The dark female asked, knowing that he had said that he was a young pup, but wanting to know just how old he had been, perhaps talking about it might help him heal a little.

The male added that the coyotes were filthy and murderous and Soran nodded sadly, she stroked his cheek gently with her fingertips before retracting her dark hand.
"I cannot say that I have ever experienced anything nice from the coyotes myself, I remember when the old Inferni pack drove my pack from our homes, they were savage. I have never met a coyote I have trusted, although some of the half bloods seem to be more trustworthy." The sable lady replied, looking away from the male, staring into the middle distance as she thought on what she was saying, she was attempting to think of a coyote that she had met that had not proven to be very untrustworthy. The sable mother nodded as the male went on to speak about Lucia, saying that she had not spoken much about the terrible Snake character that she had mentioned to the dark mother.
"I see, she told me as we were talking about Inferni, it is a shame that she did not tell you, perhaps then you could have understood better why she is so troubled." Soran replied, her tone still a little sad, for Zalen and Lucia both. She turned back to look at the male properly.
"Does that change your opinion of her? Now that you know I mean?" The dark lady asked, wondering if this would be something that would ruin Zalen's perception of Lucia, what a shame that would be when he had just confessed to his love for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 750
[/html]
[html]
Gonna close this out if you don’t mind, I pped Soran in the wrap up paragraph. Let’s have another one soon Big Grin / +337

When Soran gave him her sympathies and placed her warm hand to his face Zalen reached up and put his own large paw on hers, rubbing gently into it. The fact that Soran cared for him so deeply meant more to him then he could ever tell her and he gave her a broken smile. The pain that was associated with the love he felt for Lucia was difficult to bear, but somehow this sable woman seemed to make some of the discomfort go away. She drew her hand away and Zalen listened as she spoke of her own opinion of the coyotes, how they had driven her pack away, how they were savage and Zalen nodded. Even his wise, older mentor thought they were no good and once again Zalen was struck but the fact that the wolves in the area had done nothing to put the smaller canines in their place.

Soran then asked something that made Zalen take pause; had his opinion of Lucia been changed by this knowledge? It was a difficult thing to think about this for his feelings for her were so great. With a sigh he ran a hand through the top of his mane, I’m not sure… I’ll have to think about it. I do know that I love her, but… I don’t know. He was very confused, but suddenly this melancholy subject no longer suited him. He would have the mull over the problem of Lucia at a later time.

Please, let’s talk instead about the poetry book shall we? I was wondering if you could help me understand a few words I don’t recognize. He retrieved the faded book and flipped through its yellowing pages to show her exactly what he meant.

Wrap up: Zalen and Soran spent a couple more hours together, discussing the literature. Soran helped him decipher the words he didn’t understand and he in turn read out some prose for her. Afterwards, they embraced and parted, saying that they would again meet soon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]