A knife in the dark [AW]
[html]

My first post as a pack member... yay!

Faeli's skin twitched as her muzzle rested on the ground. At every sudden noise, she would snake her head in the direction that it came from, dreading the worst. Fortunatly, no stone-cold killer burst from the trees. Faeli sighed and dropped her head so that it landed on her paws, which her stretched in front of her. She wiggled around so that she could lay in a more comfortable position, instead of being splayed on the ground with her paws twisted underneath her.

“What?” Faeli growled as her head jerked up. Her ears swiveled towards the rustling in the bushes, her nose quivered as the air around her grew tense with silence. She blinked and stared into the dark forest, all of her senses alert. Ever since she had joined Crimson Dreams, she had been on edge.

Her eyes widened as she called. “Who's there?” she asked. The only answer was the soft swishing of the trees as they bent and moved in the wind. Faeli blinked sleepily, wishing that she had gotten more sleep the previous night.

Image courtesy of mandj98@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.faeleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#6d7176;}
.faeleaf p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.faeleaf b {color:#ef9352; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.faeleaf {background-color:#c2c9d3; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/auegbt.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e939a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-radius:5px;}
.faeleaf .inner {margin:0px 10px 275px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/4t9a28.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.faeleaf .wordcount {color:#6d7176; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #6d7176; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Hope you don't mind me dropping in! ^^ Leon is in Optime form btw!

Leon watched the woman as she jerked her head in every direction whenever there was the slightest noise. He felt odd, standing in the trees and observing younger female. That morning, he'd left to add his eyes to the border patrols, but had found this girl sleeping in the open on his way. Her presence had left him slightly confused, as he had never seen her around the pack lands, but he blamed that on his own reclusive life style. But her scent was new, the smell of the Dreamers land only just taking root in her own. She still had the smell of a wanderer on her pelt. His first thought had been to confront her about being inside the borders, but when he had noticed her drifting in and out of consciousness, the decision had left him. So, with a soft sigh that was carried away on the breeze, the Timber began moving forward to at least warn her to sleep closer to the manor, where the pack's security was highest.

He paused just before revealing himself as the girl turned her head towards a bush nearby. Leon scented the air and chuckled a bit before walking into the open, his Naginata's blade clothed and rested over his shoulder. He stopped a respectable distance from the drowsy female and tilted his head. "Generally, Luperci move a bit lighter on their feet, especially when trying to remain hidden." He said with an amused, friendly tone. "I assume you're new to the pack?"

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Faeli whirled around abruptly, her eyes wide, her senses alert in fear. Her nose twitched as she saw a shadowy form emerge from the trees. As soon as the stranger stepped into the light, however, Faeli saw that it, in fact, was a Luperci in its Optime form. Not that the simple fact of knowing that the stranger was a luperci calmed her. Faeli closed her eyes and focused on scent. A strong scent of the already familiar Crimson Dreams wafted to her nose, causing her to instantly sllump to the ground in a weary lump of flesh and bones.

“I assume that you guessed of my newness because of my skittish antics?” Faeli felt a small laugh creep into her voice as she renewed the idea of her own stupidity. She was within the Crimson Dreams pack borders - it wasn't as if a random horde of evil wolves would come bursting through the woodlands at any moment. At least, not as far as she was concerned.

Faeli quickly leaned down and licked her ruffled pelt, shortly after she uttered her form of welcome to the luperci. Perhaps a quick clean would make her look more official. Perhaps the stranger hadn't noticed her unmistakable tiredness, her willingness to collapse on the spot and take a good, solid nap.

<style>
.faeleaf {background-color:#c2c9d3; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/auegbt.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e939a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-radius:5px;}
.faeleaf .inner {margin:0px 10px 275px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/4t9a28.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.faeleaf .wordcount {color:#6d7176; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #6d7176; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Hope this is good! ^_^

Leon’s amusement with this woman grew when he saw her spin about so quickly, only relax immediately. His smile remained warm and welcoming, though he moved himself so he was on the woman’s western flank. In or out of territory, the Dreamers were at war with those whelps from Aniwaya. He knelt down a few feet from the woman, placing his pole-arm on the ground beside him as he did so. One hand rested on his knee while the other hovered near his weapon.

He chuckled lightly at her words and shrugged his shoulders. “Lucky guess I suppose. Not so much your reaction as your scent.” He said, still attempting to sound warm as he brought his hovering hand up to tap his nose. “I’m quite a tracker, and a better hunter. Though, circumstances have called for me to serve as a warrior for our Consul.” His hand fell again to hover over the Naginata as the smile he had been maintaining fell. He blinked shook his head, drawing his smile up once more.

Leon watched as the girl cleaned her fur after giving her greetings. He tilted his head and his smile turned to a grin that matched his rising amusement with this girl as he respectfully averted his gaze. His initial concern returned as he watched the surrounding trees, and he turned his attention back to her. His ear flicked as he cleared his throat. “I hope you don’t take this the wrong way ma’m, but you shouldn’t sleep so far from the Manor.” He shifted his legs a bit and hooked a hand up by his head, using his thumb to point behind him. “I know you’re new, but it’s dangerous in the more isolated areas, what with the war and all. I’m sorry if I’m imposing.” He lowered his gaze and dropped his ears. “… This pack is everything to me. All its members and this land… I would give anything to protect it all. The members include you, so I am simply worrying over your safety.”

<style>
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Faeli relaxed, instantly feeling comfortable around this fellow pack member. She blinked and looked at him.
“I appreciate your loyalty to Crimson Dreams,” she murmured, sitting up. Her legs shook with the effort, and she raised her chin, attempting to look capable even though her whole body was trembling in weakness. “And your decency to protect others as well. If only the world was filled with kind hearts like yours... nowadays the lands are filled with treachery and evil.” She shuddered as she remembered the cold and cruel death of her parents.

Suddenly, she didn't know why she was telling this luperci what she felt. It was one of the first times that she had talked to someone within her own pack... the only wolves that she had met since her parent's death were a few scraggly loners. And, she reflected, the wolf that she had associated with on the borders of Crimson Dreams... but that was when she herself had been a loner. And outsider.

She blinked and tried to change the subject. “I've only vaugely heard of the war with Aniwaya... perhaps you could explain it in greater detail? I hate being outside of pack conversations,” Faeli confessed, dropping her ears. “Oh, and sir, what is your name? Mine is Faeli, to save you a question.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC I hope this is good! ^^’

Leon’s smile was warm and genuine as he listened to her. It was always nice to hear the others did not think that a kind heart was a weakness. But his eyes didn’t miss her shaking legs, or how strained she looked. Nor did he miss the shudder that shook her as she spoke of treachery and evil. His ears drooped as he thought of the possible meanings behind her words. He nodded in understanding, his mind going back to the night his pack fell apart. “If only indeed…” He whispered. A brief silence fell upon them, and the Timber’s eyes closed as he reigned in his emotions and thoughts.

He was considering questioning her past, in order to better understand her views, but she spoke first. Leon nodded, understanding how she felt, and settled himself in a sitting position, cross-legged. “It is a pleasure, Faeli. My name is Leon ven Liudesys, a hunter, and current fighter for Crimson Dreams. I am more than willing to enlighten you on the situation.” He stated, moving his Naginata so that it was lying across his lap. “From what I understand, Aniwaya had undergone a serious change in its leadership structure. The previous chief, Dawali Amara, was disposed by a wolf named Maska Ahote, and his followers who are called Guardians. Though I don’t understand the reason for the change myself, it seems to be religious. Some of the Aniwaya wolves don’t agree with the change, and have tried to argue with Maska about removing Dawali, but they were either beaten or threatened with exile. And so it came about that Nayati Utina, one of their hunters, gathered his family and fled from the pack, fearing the violence of the Guardians being turned upon his wife and children. Anu and Nayati are friends, and had been, from what I understand. So Anu offered sanctuary here, in our lands.” He paused for a moment, taking a breather and giving the girl a chance to question him and take in what he had said.

After a moment Leon nodded and continued. “Apparently, Nayati’s wife Liliana is valuable to Maska. So, he sent his right hand wolf with a group of Guardians here to capture Liliana. Thankfully, one of our younger wolves noticed them approaching on the river and sent out a warning. Our fighters rushed out to repel the Guardians, of course, but even when they were forced back they managed to capture Anu, and a young girl named Fia. We only managed to capture one of theirs, and he didn’t even fight us. So, the next morning, Savina gathered up those Dreamers who were ready for a fight and went to get back our pack mates through a parley. But the meeting turned violent when one of the guardians whipped Fia before us. Savina killed him and we retrieved the girl, but Anu remains in their custody…” Leon’s eyes and ears fell as he remembered missing that chance to rescue Savina’s second. “Now, Cour des Miracles has agreed to help us, though I have seen nothing so far. We have also held back from launching a full assault on Aniwaya.” He stopped there, with nothing more to add, and sat in silence, brooding over what would happen next.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC - Wow, that was a lot of text. XD

“Oh, wow,” Faeli breathed, her eyes wide as she settled onto the ground. Her feathered tail sweeped across the ground. She looked at Leonard, her eyes dancing as images rolled through her head. Pictures of war, blood spilling on the ground, fur being torn from wolves... they clouded her thoughts, and she swallowed to keep her fidgety mind at low. “I hope you don't consider me as rude, but I'm rather overwhelmed by these names,” she paused to take a nervous breath, “but if you could correct me on my summary, that would be appreciated. Basically, Aniwaya's leader changed, causing conflict in the pack. The new leader was ... or rather, is ... violent and a family felt threatened? So they ran away to Crimson Dreams. And, a friend offered to let them stay?”

“Nayati ... is that right? ... Nayati's wife is important to the new leader of Aniwaya, so the new leader of Aniwaya, Maska, sent out wolves to capture Nayati's wife. They didn't, but they managed to capture Nayati's friend and a young female wolf. When Crimson Dreams went to get them, the young female wolf was whipped before them. We have gotten the female back, but Nayati's friend, Anu, is still at Aniwaya,” Faeli finished, looking at Leonard with a gleam in her eyes. She hoped that she had gotten at least a majority of the story right, as she was rather interested in the current events of her newly joined pack.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOc: Leon is so talkative. x_x lol, quick reply for you! ^w^

Leon watched the girl lay down, and realized she was really exhausted. He knew that she should be resting, though he’d prefer she went closer to the mansion where she’d be safer. The Timber chuckled lightly as she admitted it was slightly overwhelming. “I’m sorry about that, I should have given more detail.” He apologized, grinning in embarrassment. He nodded as she requested his corrections of her summary.

As she summarized the events, Leon nodded along, slightly amazed she had managed to capture it all in one go. Once she had finished, he realized that the new member didn’t know who Anu was. He nodded with a smile to acknowledge her summary as being correct. “That’s impressive to have caught it all in one go, Faeli.” He stated earnestly, than turned slightly somber. “I’m not sure many wolves feel the same, but I know Nayati has been feeling that he should surrender himself to Maska for Anu’s sake, and have heard that his wife felt the same.” He allowed the girl to absorb that before finishing. “Personally, I don’t think they should quit so soon. To understand better, Anu is Savina’s right hand. She is, effectively, the second in command of Crimson Dreams. So some might say she is more valuable than Nayati’s family. But Anu was the one to offer them sanctuary here. In my opinion, giving them up would make all of Fia and her suffering pointless.”

He sat quietly for a while, staring into his hands. “Crimson Dreams has sat idly for too long in my opinion… It is time we did something.” He said, looking back up at her with a sad smile. Violence was terrible, no matter how you put it. So, Leon tried to shift the subject once more. “But… I think that’s enough of the sorrows of war. What I’m more worried about at the moment is your exhaustion, and the fact that you are so far from our mansion.” He stated bluntly, hoping she would give reason for her distance. As a fighter, the safety of the pack was his responsibility, along with the other warriors.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC - I would've replied sooner, but my computer wasn't working yesterday.

Faeli nodded, catching every word that Leonard uttered. “From what we have discussed, it sounds as if Crimson Dreams needs to take a stand - before it's too late. I don't think that Nayati should quit this soon, either,” She shuddered as she thought of what might happen if Crimson Dreams sat idle any longer, “although since I am new, I may have a rather misled vision, since all I know of this conflict is from stories, and I have not seen the victims in person yet. Although, your summaries are quite interesting, and I have a feeling that every bit of information is true. I hope I haven't offended you...”

She smiled as Leonard voiced his thoughts on her lack of energy. She nodded with what he said, embarrasment showing in her face as she ducked her head with shame. “I just joined recently,”, she explained, “So I haven't yet traveled to this mansion. I was very tired on the way there, so I lost track of where I was and fell asleep here. And then you came. I was wondering if you could direct me to the mansion?” Faeli confessed, her face burning. She looked around, trying not to look at Leonard. She bounced her eyes from the trees, then to the ground, then to the beautiful sky above.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOc: It's all good! Glad its working now :3

Leon shook his head when Faeli mentioned offending him, and kept his smile on. He had found no reason to grow offended from the words she had spoken. His face faltered as he considered her words on the wounded. He had seen enough wounded in his life, in his opinion. And seeing any of his fellow Dreamers suffer wounds had enraged him in both the pack fights he had been a part of thus far. “The wounded are gathered to the mansion to be tended to by our medics. Once their wounds are healed though, they scatter back to their duties among the pack.” He explained. The Timber knew of one ‘victim’ that was probably hurting more than any other single Dreamer. He hoped Savina was not tearing herself up about this.

He watched as she ducked her head before explaining her situation, than allowed her eyes to wander to everything except him. The man chuckled and nodded his head when she asked him to show her the direction of the Crimson Dreams heart. “That I can, Faeli.” His head nodded to the east. “It’s about an hour or so to the east, almost literally a stones throw from the lake. If you’d like, I can lead you there when you feel up to it.” Leon rolled his shoulders and neck, popping his joints as he did so. He didn’t want to push her to get up while exhausted the way she was, so if she chose to remain here, he would keep an extra careful watch upon this area of the border.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC - Unfortunatly, my computer seems to hate me.

Faeli smiled in gratitude as Leonard offered to take her to Crimson Dreams. “I don't exactly feel my best, but I think that I'm ready to leave for the mansion now . . .” she paused and looked Leonard in the eye, “If, of course, you would like to travel there now. I mean, if you would like to wait- if you don't feel up to it- uhhh . . .” Faeli stuttered as she tried to find a fitting sentence to express what she was trying to say. Her face burned in embarrasment.

Faeli stared at her paws. “Pardon me for my rather jumbled way of speaking,” she apologized, her cautious tone turning to a more social, comfortable one, “As I am still getting used to talking. Travelling alone has rather deprived me of my social skills. What I'm trying to say is, I'm ready when you are ready.&rdquo She smiled and shook her coat, trying to occupy herself with something.

<style>
</style>[/html]