So we set up a home and called it our own
ooc; Leon is joining in this thread and his Daughter as a npc, who has already arrived before him with Io and Aeron.

Set for the evening of the 14th

It had taken a lot to get to Anathema in the time that he had done from AniWaya, an entire day of hard traveling and the horse beneath his legs trembled with a tiredness bordering on exhaustion, sweat beaded her flanks and rolled down her legs. They were close by the borders of the pack but not directly at them, not yet. The man had arrived in the late afternoon and instead of calling for the leaders straight away he had allowed the black mare to rest giving up two hours so that she might recover instead of dropping from her exertions.

Night was just beginning to fall when horse and rider, this time the rider on foot finally approached the borders. The sky was a darkening blue with streaks of red and orange from the setting sun, few clouds marred the perfection and he stared at it for a few seconds, transfixed by the beauty. An impatient snort from Faith brought him back to the present and he tipped back his earthen brown head, black locks spilling over his shoulders and back and called out his song to the occupants within. It echoed into the mountains and then faded, the austral giant simply leaned against a tree and settled in to wait, hopefully someone would find him before they all closed thier eyes for the night.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Naniko is in Optime form :] She has a weapons-belt on with her daggers and one long axe, but that's all.

The sound of another canine's voice echoed through the hills and up to the mountain ledge on which the female sat. She wasn't surprised by the fact that she was being howled for; there had been many coming to her borders lately to seek acceptance into the mountain pack. The tall leader was on her feet within seconds of the beginning of the other canine's song. She wondered what this one would look like, what had brought them to the borders of Anathema and what they sought her for as she padded along at a quick pace. She had been hoping to catch the sunset and to watch the stars as they began to appear, but that would have to be an activity for another night.

She approached quickly and quietly, stepping out from the treeline and showing herself to the male and his horse. A small greeting was given to the equine in lowspeech before she turned to its rider, holding herself with a posture of authority. "Hello. I heard your call; I assume that it is I that you sought to speak with. I am Naniko D'Angelo, the leader of this pack. What do you call yourself?" She wondered about the horse's name as well, but didn't ask. Her words had been simple and to the point; she hoped to get this whole ordeal over with so that she could get back to what she had been doing before.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
Big Grin León has a long serrated knife/sword type weapon tied at his waist as well. Just FYI Faith is completely black with a white star on her forehead :3
3+

His call sent out the man turned to his horse and stroked her velvety nose, whispering to his oldest friend and companion softly. They would find her here he was sure of it. The terror he had felt when he had opening the door to her room and found it completely empty along with the letter stating that she was leaving was one he had not felt in over a year, not since her mother had died in labor had his heart beat so wildly in his chocolate colored chest. The mare felt his worry and anxiety, she had carried the pup upon her back since the day of the child's birth, since the pup's madre had passed on.

He was lost in his thoughts as he brushed his hand over the black neck and sides so it was her who let him know that someone was approaching with a snort. His white eyes pulled themselves from his downwards staring and turned to face the woman of ivory hues. Faith did not understand the greeting given to her by the Angela because it was english and not spanish but she recognised the general tone and bobbed her head politely. León's ears flicked back into a proper respectful position and his tail wagged a fraction, showing himself to be friendly, these were autonomous bodily functions of course engrained into his behavior by his genetics, the elegant bow that followed however was not. He spoke with the heavy accent of spaniards, small slivers of his own tongue sneaking into his speech as they always did,

"Si señorita. Eeet es with you I wish to speak. I am León Austral, y this es mi caballo Faith." He gestured to the 21 hands tall horse, "We were hoping to join your pack if you would let us."
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

:3 okie

His unfamiliar accent made her curious about where he'd come from. Naniko wasn't familiar with many places outside of the general area; when she had left the lands for a few months she had only strayed as far as New Brunswick. She wasn't very cultured, really. She had read about some places in books, but the female had been unable to discern if some of those locations were real or nothing but fantasy. There were some books that described things that didn't seem like they could have really happened, even back when the more technologically advanced humans had been around.

Even in Optime form, there were canine behaviors that could be expected by a would-be joiner or a stranger seeking entrance into a pack's territory. She was wary of the male and his horse, but not afraid. With a howl she could have a handful of pack members there at her aid, even with the other's advantage of his mount. She looked back at him evenly, observing his posture and behavior and then perking her ears to catch his words. With his accent they were a little difficult for her to understand, but as he spoke more his reason for coming became more evident.

She wondered why he had chosen to leave his last home, what had brought him to the borders. "I accept canines of all kinds into my pack, even those with questionable backgrounds. I pride myself on looking past a person's background and accepting them for who they are now. I am curious about the lands from which you came and why you would leave them. I'm also wondering whether you're able to use that knife on your belt or if it's just there for decoration." Naniko said, pointing with one clawed finger toward his weapon of choice.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
short post <.< also the name of his sword was chosen by slapping my hand agianst my keyboard and rearranging what it produced XD

The mare quickly lost interest in the conversation and lowered her head to graze on the grass that sprouted all around them, the sounds of her munching filled his ears as the words of the white female flowed over him. The tension in his shoulders loosened considerably and his hands released themselves from their loose fists and lay limp at his side. Earthen ears twitched every so often as an out of place noise attracted his attention; the snapping of a twig or rustling of bushes and sway of the trees in the wind. Black tipped tail felt limp behind him from its cautious wagging as she asked of him what he would rather not answer,

"I am coming from Espana, you would call Spain, in Europe. Over the oceans to the east, I came over on a large ship with mi hija, my daughter. I am leaving because my mate, mi Kailypso, she dies, so I am not having reason to stay and be reminded by ezerythings, yes?" A lifeless mist fogged over the male's white eyes as he talked of his dead mate, he looked down at Drolengur, his sword as she pointed at it,

"Ahh, si, yes. Drolengur, he es saved my life a many times. I am never parting with him until I am breathe no more, si. He wondered if his answers would affect her decision to join Anathema or not, all he could do was hope she let him in to be with Analise whom he was 100% positive had followed Io and Aeron home.
[html]
<style>
</style>

XDDDD LOL. Moving this along Big Grin

Family members of canines already within the borders were always welcomed to come and join. Naniko believed that blood was an unbreakable bond, and as long as the member had not harmed a member of Anathema or were seeking to do bad to the pack she would be glad to accept them in. Some practices were more accepted here than any other place; drugs and alcohol were common to find in the canine's dens, and otherwise odd practices among the members weren't considered so strange in this pack.

She hadn't meant to make him speak of something that he did not want to talk about; she had simply been curious about his past and if others would be coming along after him. Others who sought him or sought to harm him or the pack. That didn't seem to be the case, however. "Thank you for answering honestly. Members who are unrelated to someone else in the pack must go through a blood-sharing ritual known as the rite of Agares, however. This is to tie them to the pack by blood, so that they might become one of the family." She didn't know if he had any family members here, having not seen Analise join with Aeron and Io.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
sorry for taking too long on this x.x suuper fail post

He nodded dolefully at her words, after all what was a small cut to be forever accepted somewhere and being able to always call it home. A hand came up to scratch behind one of his ears as he observed Naniko. He could see the passion and protectiveness she felt for her pack, he could never see her letting someone waltz in and take over like Dawali had done with Maska, he waited until she had finished speaking to ask a question,

"I am thinking mi daughter may already be here, she followed senorita's Io and Aeron when they left my company. I can be asking membership for her as well? Even eef she is not here now yes?" He shook his head as a moth flew around it, trying to rid himself of the annoying creature.
[html]
<style>
</style>

We can close this now, or continue it - either way is fine! Smile

She looked at him, considering what he had to say. Naniko was a fair canine and only wanted what was right in this situation. She couldn't say for certain if the girl was within the lands...but at the same time, she could recall an unfamiliar scent when going by the denning area of some of the other canines, especially Io and Aeron. "I think she might be here, but I'm not certain. I'll allow you to join without the ceremony, and should you find that she is not within the lands then I will perform it. Any family members of my pack are welcomed here." That seemed to be a fair judgement; she did not want to cause him undue pain unless she had to, but also wanted him to be a full member of the pack. She had many scars upon her paws from the joiners that she had accepted, a physical list of those who had passed through her border and had become one of her family.

She had been running her fingers over the hilt of her dagger and paused in these motions now, looking back at him. "Well..let's go. You'll start as a Zepar like any other new canine, an unworthy one. You must prove to me and the pack that you are going to stick around and pull your own weight around here before we'll trust you with an actual duty." She explained. With those words the female turned sharply, beginning to head back into the woods from which she had come.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]