The water won't spare us
[html]

300+

Things seemed to turn to a more favorable hand as Drizzt spoke. The Russian was a fine individual despite being tainted by the darkness of an assassin. Without his support, it was likely the other would have found him unnecessary and dismissed him from the meeting at best. Jaden watched his fellow assassin and listened to his reasoning. His support of the fellow Zalen held a lot of wait as did his belief in the group’s motives. The Ichikan nodded slightly in thanks to the other, who seemed to be the only in this group not questioning his reasoning.

Then the female leader—who claimed they were all even and still remained nameless for Jaden—asked if he would be joining them. Being asked to join and not asking himself put the man in a position of some respect, even if it was undermined by the lack information given to him as of yet. It was the best he could have hopped for after having decided that he liked this group’s ideals. The tundra wolf had spent his adolescent life instilling fear and killing the innocent. This, coupled with the revised life he led now, was just one small step he intended to take toward honorability. It would take a life time of good deeds to right the wrongs he had committed in only a few short years. If this was one such deed and it involved killing the evil, what better could he have hopped for? Of course this he didn’t realize or admit his reasons to be at first. The only motivation to join the group now was to uphold peace and monitor chaos. He hadn’t fear of this group exempt of Drizzt’s swords against him. I have knowledge of poisons and skills to spy. Should it come to direct action on my part, few wolves or coyotes are agile enough to escape my bow. I gladly give my alegence to your quest. He nodded with some new found respect for the tan woman and casually found a place near to Drizzt to watch the proceedings.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
Aaaand we're back! Big Grin Everyone else, feel free to post! c:
[html]
[/html] Tayui inclined her head slowly and quietly in response once Jaden spoke. Yes, if he was willing to offer his services to them, then she would be happy to have him as a part of their group. If the rest of the alliance felt the same way -- which she suspected they did -- then she would feel quite happy with the decision. Although the wolf's sudden appearance still set her on edge, she hoped that he would prove himself worthy.

Hoping to win his trust, she added: "you will make a strong addition to our group, if everyone here agrees. You need not participate in every action we take: only those with which you agree. I don't expect us all to agree on everything, so I don't expect us to work perfectly in complete harmony, either. Disagreement is natural and different opinions are to be expected. So if we propose a mission, any one of us may choose not to participate. Of course, this means that if we don't have enough bodies to carry out the mission, it won't happen -- or we'll need to find more." She nodded once when she was done and then let her gaze sweep around the room to gauge everyone's reactions. She knew this would likely lower herself as a 'leader' -- and that was what she wanted. She didn't want to lead anything; she knew everyone here was likely as capable as she in matters of leadership. Moreover, if she were to die, she wanted to see this ideology continue. [html]
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +270

Zalen watched what unfolded in front of him with curiosity and amusement. So this Jaden character had seen that they were very much honorable in their desires to free the slaves and offered his services. Noir was glad to take his help, but what she spoke next made it seem like she did not want to lead any specific mission and once again Zalen wondered what he had gotten himself into. This wolfess who had come to him to ask him for help now seemed to have no plan, just a vague concept of what she wanted accomplished.

Zalen sighed and closed his eyes, he did not want to take it upon himself to be the leader of this group, but he was very much against what Salsola was doing. At least he could make a suggestion as to what they should do, that way he would be contributing to the group but saving himself from leadership. As for a mission, I would suggest we don’t go in there blind. We must send one, maybe two stealthy wolves into Salsola to gather information. We don’t know how many slaves there are, where they’re kept, etcetera. These things must be known before anything is done, He looked around the room quickly, meeting everyone’s eyes briefly before continuing, Also, we must try to disseminate among the slaves whispers of our plan to free them, otherwise when we arrive we might as well be like thieves in the night come to steal them; we don’t want that. Then, after much planning, I say we enter Salsola, silently, quickly, and cut loose their bindings.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zzalenspi p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zzalenspi p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

Word Count → 369

This covert meeting was becoming something the non-luperci was less and less certain about. She sat quietly by now, watching the other canines and waiting to see what decisions would be made. Normally she would have helped take charge of a situation like this if only to make sure things went smoothly, but she hoped that Zalen and Noir at least had sense. The others she did not know and could not be entirely sure about.

Especially the male, Jaden, whose intentions Noir directly questioned. To Vesper’s surprise, the vainglorious brute offered his services—poison and archery among his skills. She lowered her ears, not altogether amused at the irony of his “peacekeeper” having such deadly knowledge. But Noir accepted his offer, going on to placate him with assurances that he wouldn’t have to participate in every single action the group took.

Vesper pricked her ears, glad that this was going somewhere—until Noir fell silent and said no more. She had stated earlier that they were all equals, but no direction at all would kill the group faster than a tyrant would. She shifted uncomfortably before Zalen spoke.

His plan made sense, and Ves nodded along in agreement. “I’m not sure if it would be safe for me to spy, but those stealthy enough among us or any others who agree with us can do the job.” She knew that they enslaved those without the virus, and while it might have been nice to have someone on the inside, this was not a commitment she was going to make for a bunch of strangers. Even creating this plan was risk enough for death and more involvement than the loner was used to; if she was going to give her life for justice, it would be inherently more personal than this humanitarian mission.

“What will we do with the slaves afterward?” Vesper asked after Zalen had finished the rest of the plan. “Some might be strong enough to flee and find their own homes, but what about those who are too weak or too afraid to get themselves to safety, those who’ve known captivity all their lives? Are we going to simply drop them after they leave the territory?”

<style type="text/css">
.veseqoi b {font-weight:bold; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi t {font-style:italic; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.veseqoi {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331514; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ceg77r.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 520px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2c1c7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.veseqoi .wordcount {color:#e2c1c7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #e2c1c7; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hey all, Smile Finally made it!

It had been a while. That was all that ran through the ebony woman’s mind as she crossed her way into Halifax. It was only a couple of hours into her return, but already the adrenaline pumped through her veins. In her heart she knew that this was not her sole purpose of returning, but a promise had been made, and so she kept to it. Eyes had wandered over every detail of her surroundings; the broken concrete, twisting vines, shrubbery overtaking buildings and empty shells of a world lost. She couldn’t recall the exact location of where she was meant to be, but had searched high and low – it couldn’t be much further; there were voices in the wind.

Ears perked atop her crown, Lucia’s hand fell swiftly to the dagger on her belt. A slight hiss came from her lips, an injury to her arm from a fight outside of Nova Scotia stinging with the movement. Listening silently, her two legs still pulling in the direction of the noise, she took in every detail she could grasp. It seemed like war was on everyone’s mind, and that was fine by her. Sniffing the air, Lucia could pinpoint a couple of names; Tayui, the one she had promised, Jaden, the male she had met by the mountains, and Zalen. It was with the realization that he was there that her blood ran cold. The hackles on the back of her neck rose, adrenaline turned to anxiety. Pausing movement, Lucia weighed up her options. Would she show up, would she turn and flee? Should she speak, should she not? It was a hard decision at best – did she keep her loyalties to Tayui and face the music of abandoning Zalen? Her heart said yes, but her mind disagreed. Truth was, Lucia was a coward around men. They scared her, broke her spirit, and Zalen had done the same. That was why she left, fear and distrust.

Sighing, her dark hand loosened on the handle of the blade and she swallowed all the anxieties within. Stepping forward, emerald coals fell over the group, and with a silent smile, she avoided Zalen altogether. “Tayui,” she spoke bluntly, voice empty and emotionless, though a grateful shimmer in her eyes. It was good to see this strange female again, it made Lucia’s mind ease. “I’m glad to see there are no trees this time.” She couldn’t have resisted. The first time these two had crossed paths, Lucia had found her clinging to a tree; a most bizarre behaviour. It had now become somewhat of a personal joke for the ebony female, and she hoped that the other woman would also find the funny side.

“I know I’ve missed a fair bit,”
her eyes scouted over the rest of the crowd. There seemed to be quite a variety; they had an advantage after all. “But I am here as promised. I heard brief bits and pieces on my way here, but that’s no bother. I’m sure one of you could catch me up at a later date.” There was still nothing but ice in her tone. She couldn’t allow Zalen to catch on to her emotions; she couldn’t be seen as weak. Thus, she didn’t even look at him, didn’t acknowledge he was even there. The only thing she did that linked to him was comment on the last little bit of speaking she had heard.

“If its stealth you’re after, count me in.”
Her gaze stayed on Tayui, strict and completely business. “But I can also offer strength. Knives, no knives, tooth-to-claw… it’s at your disposal. After all, what is there left to live for without a bit of chaos once in a while?” She smiled, with a dangerous look in her eye. This wasn’t the same female that had left in the night, she had changed. And frankly, it seemed to not be for the better.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
OMG SO LONG.
[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded quickly when Zalen spoke. She was glad he was thinking the same thing as she: they absolutely could not go in blind. Although she had her knowledge of the pack from her time as a member, she didn't want them to go in with false or old information. She had been wondering who among their group could spy on the pack, but she didn't think that it would be wise for one of them to do it. She feared they would be caught and questioned. She had seen a slave's tongue get cut out for reaching for food too quickly. Although it was natural for the dominant wolves of a pack to eat first, she'd never seen a canine lose his tongue for it.

"We'll need some spies then," she agreed. "I don't know if it would be safe for any of us to do the spying," she began, in reply to Vesper's tentative suggestion. "We could pay some canines to do it. We could target a hungry loner or someone from Anathema or Inferni. Both have a few unsavoury characters there," she explained with a smirk.

Tayui didn't have a reply to Vesper's question about the slaves. For a moment, she was stumped. She hadn't really thought about that. But, then, remembering her time in Salsola, she replied: "I don't think it'd be a huge problem. They're not underfed there. They do a lot of menial labour, so I don't think they're starving. But if they need food or help, I would be willing to offer it. I don't have much, but what I can find I will share." She didn't believe in turning them loose and expecting them to fend for themselves, though she didn't think it would be very realistic for her to help any slaves like Vesper was suggesting. It was just her and Attila -- and she didn't think the two of them could hunt for three or four.

Though, she was getting off track. Her real mission was to find and kill Eris. She wanted to help the slaves, but she was also starting to wonder if she would make it out alive. A confrontation could leave her bleeding and needing healing.

As she considered Zalen's other question, about getting word to the slaves, she wondered how it would be possible. Salsolans patrolled their borders to the point of obsession, so it would be difficult to sneak anyone in.

"As for getting word to the slaves, how would we do that? We'd need someone to sneak in there without detection, like a -- a ghost." As she considered this idea, a small smile blossomed across her maw. She frowned when she realized she didn't have easy access to a ghost who would be willing to do their bidding. How could she assume one would? If only she had a spirit guide. But alas, after two years of living in AniWaya, she had never taken her spirit journey to see if she could find a spirit guide, if she even had one.

She was about to ponder this out loud, perhaps with Zalen's help, when she heard her name being called. She turned her head and saw Lucia, one of Zalen's friends, enter. She barked out a snarkish laugh before she piped down so that Lucia could speak.

Tayui wasn't quite sure what to make of the woman's speech -- especially the bit at the end -- but she would be happy to have another body helping them out.

"As long as you use your chaos to benefit the alliance, I'll welcome you," she replied. She glanced from one canine to the next, wondering if they agreed.

[html]
[/html]