What Was That Noise?
[html]

^_^

Blind was beginning to thoroughly enjoy the coywolf’s company. At first, her joy amounted from the mere fact that there was a familiar face to play with. Now, as the dark wolf shared more time with this canine, her happiness became more specific to her connection with this female. She didn’t want to see her go – not ever. But she knew that, like most things in her life, this encounter would come to an end once the sun went down. Her heart panged at this fact, pushing her to stay as close to her new friend as possible for the time being. If she did have to go away, there was still the possibility that she might come back.

As a result of Blind’s pushing, the scarred female tipped onto her side and looked up at her offender. The dark she-wolf grinned mischievously, distracted for a brief moment before the coywolf consented to her offer to play, and then almost immediately leapt at Blind’s ear. She felt the coywolf’s legs catch hers in a tight weave just as her teeth connected, and shortly after she came tumbling to the ground. Carelessly pawing at the air, hoping to catch the female, Blind squirmed on her back as she yelped foolishly. So what if she had no idea what she was doing? She was enjoying the mere fact that she had someone to play with, someone to be a part of this new experience with her.

Oh you’re a tricky one! Blind scolded playfully. Locating the coywolf’s good ear, she stretched her neck as far as she could and nipped at it gently. She then focused on trying to untangle her legs, but the scarred female had her in a death grip. Lying hopelessly beneath her mentor, a loud laugh tumbled from her lips. Note to self: learn how to play, too, she mused.

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeba7; letter-spacing:1px;}
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
You can have Blind knock into Ves when she's on her hind legs and assume she knocked her over if you want. xDD

Vesper chewed gently on Blind’s ear as they both went down, slender legs intertwined. She let go and managed to get swatted with a black paw, which made her growl and consider chomping on that instead, before she was distracted by laughter as she looked down at the girl’s awkward squirming. When told she was tricky, she chuckled and winked, wondering if Blind could get any more adorable than she was acting.

Then dark jaws reached up to nip her ear, and she gave it a quick flick, smirking teasingly. “What, are you trying to make this one match the other?” she asked, almost losing her balance as the Crimson Dreamer tried to free herself from their tangle. She grinned smugly for a moment at her failed attempts then went ahead and pulled back; after all, in playtime it wasn’t fun to dominate the entire “fight.” She let her body go limp, falling on Blind for a second then rolling off and flipping onto all fours again.

“Come at me, bro,” Vesper yapped, losing absolutely all sense of dignity. She recovered with an arrogant quirk of her lips, rearing momentarily on her hind legs.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]
[html]

Hehehe I note your permission, and I will take advantage of it Wink

The coywolf scolded Blind teasingly when she nipped at her ear, and the dark wolf grinned. Yes! she chirped. They have to match silly! She then nipped at her nose instead, barely missing as the coywolf rolled off of her.

Watching curiously as the scarred female rose to her hind legs, Blind's head then cocked to one side when she heard the term 'bro.' The coywolf had to know she wasn't a male; perhaps this was an interchangeable term like the one she had heard while wandering the Crimson Dreams territory? What was it...'dude?'

It seemed as though Blind's muscles were too impatient to wait for her unimportant thoughts to finish, for she then leapt up and tackled the dancing female, pinning her on her back to the soft ground. Smiling and very proud of herself, the dark wolf panted happily while her tail wagged as frantically as if she were swatting away a swarm of bees. She then quickly checked her body placement, making sure she wasn't standing on the canine - she often neglected to pay attention to the important details when her excitement took over. She had been having so much fun, in fact, that she had completely forgotten about her leg.

Blind bumped the coywolf's chin with her nose before carefully climbing off and lying next to the sprawled creature. Her bad hip was screaming in protest now as she broke from their play. Trying to nurse the pain away, Blind stretched her leg forward to meet her mouth as she lapped at it with her pink tongue. Stupid leg, she muttered, stupid hip...

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It had not really occurred to Vesper that her position was a precarious one, though of course it was ridiculous in hindsight. But this was play, and so when the dark wolf rushed at her, all she could do was yelp and start laughing. The collision had sent her sprawling on her back with Blind on top of her. The girl was grinning and wagging her tail proudly from her position, and Vesper had the urge to grab her by the shoulders and flip them over. However, she was too busy laughing to do anything about it, and by the time she’d recovered enough to breathe normally, Blind had nosed her chin and was getting off her.

The younger woman settled beside her, and the coywolf rolled onto her side, coal-tipped tail tapping the ground as she grinned. She was about to roll into her friend for some lazy nuzzling, but Blind started licking her leg as if it were paining her. Her grin fading into a look of concern, Vesper cocked her head and scooted a little closer to her.

“Are you okay, sweetheart? I didn’t hurt you, did I?” She felt guilty as she remembered the girl’s injured leg, though there really wasn’t anything she could do about it. In fact, she’d been trying to help Blind deal with it and had been aware of the potential consequences, but she didn’t think it’d come into play like this. She didn’t think she’d care this much about whether or not a wolf she’d met only once before was hurting or not.

“Do you know if they have healers in Crimson Dreams?” Vesper asked, her voice softer and more serious than it had been. “I’ve met a few loners in the past who had knowledge of herbs, and while I know of one or two that might help the pain a little, an actual healer could do more for the leg. There might even be therapy or something that would help you.” She had known a grizzled male wolf who’d been attacked by a bear, and he’d mentioned therapy had strengthened his own injured leg when he’d recovered. She was sure more dexterous hands would be able to do more with Blind’s hip.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]
[html]

Yay! The outage didn't last as long as I had feared! ...and this is the first thing I do...oh I have no life...lol

Breaking from her leg to look back at the coywolf, Blind smiled at her friend's worrying. She had never had someone fuss over her before, and, though it wasn't entirely necessary, it felt good to be cared for. Growing up, her mother tolerated her deformity for a while. She accommodated to Blind's hinderance by teaching her how to hunt smaller animals, keeping a slow and steady pace as they moved from home to home, and stopping to take a break whenever her daughter needed it. But it wasn't long before Blind's lagging became an annoyance to her mother, resulting in the young she-wolf's constant struggle to keep up.

Don't worry silly, Blind said, breaking from her thoughts and rolling onto her back so she pressed against the coywolf, this is how my leg always is. It's not too bad really, it's just annoying. But that's sweet of you to ask. The dark wolf then rolled onto her feet, gave her lame leg a good stretch, and quickly added, I don't know if Crimson Dreams has any of those, er, whatever you called them, but I don't need one.

Digging her claws into the soft soil, Blind shook her fur and looked back at the coywolf brightly. She didn't want her friend to worry too much, but it made her happy to see her genuinely concerned and trying to help. Trotting back over to the scarred female, Blind pawed at the canine's forearm and giggled. I think it's your turn to come get me! she chirped. Then, turning with a quick glance over her shoulder, Blind took off through the trees.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I'm so sorry for the wait! And I didn't know what else to add; we can wrap it up if you would like to, unless you have an idea. xD

IBlind told her not to worry—while rolling against her, which made the older female smirk—and added that it was more annoying than painful. I wonder how honest that statement is, Vesper thought, hoping that the wolf wasn’t ignoring her pain for her new friend’s sake. It was a pity, and she wondered if simply walking around would aggravate the girl’s bad hip, too. She couldn’t imagine an existence like that, constantly in pain; she didn’t think she’d be strong enough, at least not out in the wilderness north of Nova Scotia. The animals were less civil there, less inclined to give a creature a break for any of their shortcomings.

When Blind called her sweet, the coywolf’s ears perked up, and her smirk deepened. “Sweet?” She’d been called sweet by all of one person, if her mother didn’t count—though such words were usually reserved for coddling her weak sister. Even the one woman who’d called Vesper sweet before had called her a murderer and a monster only weeks later.

Vesper watched the black wolf stretch and add that she didn’t need a healer. Rolling her blue eyes, she remarked, “So you’re going to let your leg bother you the rest of your life. Makes sense.” Her tone had gotten slightly harder naturally, but nothing else seemed to; she wasn’t going to berate her friend for her own decisions, at least not yet. What was it called…tough love?

She did soften again as Blind invited her to another chase, turning and dashing off as if all her legs were perfectly fine. The hybrid stood with a languid stretch then grinned, running off after the female at a lazy pace.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF;} .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]
[html]

Haha no you're fine! And of course I have an idea silly, why do you think she ran off? Wink

Blind didn't mind that the coywolf thought her opinions of the healer were irrational; she didn't want some crock to look at her and tell her things she already knew. Her leg had caused her trouble for as long as she could remember, and she didn't think any 'healer' could change that. As far as she knew, she would be this way for life, annoyed or not.

The dark female glanced over her shoulder every once in a while as she ran through the woods to see if the coywolf was following. Her heart galloped excitedly, while every nerve in her body buzzed with adrenaline. Part of her wanted the coywolf to catch her, but another part wanted to succeed at her little game of 'keep-away.' However, she knew her leg wouldn't allow her to run for long, and she hoped that the scarred female would catch up soon.

Not paying any attention to what was in front of her, Blind suddenly collided with a hard surface. Tumbling onto her back, the dark wolf stared up at the canopy of trees, dazed and slightly headache-y. She then rolled onto her belly, trying to locate the source of her collision. Standing in front of her was a very large - and very, very angry - male grizzly bear. As the creature stood on its hind legs, Blind's heart plummeted into her stomach. It then let out a bellowing roar, and the she-wolf scrambled to her feet, yelping in fear.

<style type="text/css">

</style>

[/html]
[html]
Mwahahaha.

Also, powerplayed a bit with Ves knocking Blind out of the way; lemme know if you want me to change it.

The tawny female loped along after her new friend, enjoying the simple sensations of the forest, such as the debris underfoot and the gentle slopes that changed up the terrain. Larger patches of sunlight shone through and warmed her coat, splashing the landscape with brilliance in an otherwise dark environment. She was really enjoying herself, and she almost forgot that she was chasing someone before her eyes happened to drift to the dark figure sprinting ahead. Blind was trying hard, her leg forgotten, and Vesper put on a burst of speed to catch up.
She skidded to a halt when she saw the bear.

Her heart leaped into her throat when she heard its roar, enraged by the dark wolf crashing into it, and Vesper immediately lunged close. She snapped at Blind’s scruff to jerk her back out of the way, more forcefully than she perhaps should have, aiming to put the girl behind her. “Blind, run,” she snarled, quickly swinging back around toward the grizzly.

In any other situation, Vesper would have dashed to safety herself; she was small and fleet-footed enough to avoid a confrontation. However, she wasn’t sure how well Blind could escape, and she couldn’t lose her minutes after helping her out. A protective growl rose in her chest as her hackles bristled; she faced off against the bear as if she weren’t less than fifty pounds.

The coyote hybrid darted forward, snapping at the bear’s flanks as it fell back down onto all fours to better bite at her. It swung around, and she did her best to bite past the padding of thick brown fur to draw it away from Blind. Perhaps, if there was enough distance between them, she could race away. She just hoped Blind didn’t have some suicidal idea of helping her…

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF;} .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]
[html]

Hehe no it's fine, I think I might have done a little myself here. Sorry this one's short too, at the action point I tend to write quicker haha. And of COURSE Blind is going to do something suicidal! Wink haha

Just as Blind was about to retreat, she felt a set of needle-like teeth on her nape tugging her backward. She glanced around to see her hybrid friend coming to her rescue, and she smiled a little despite the current state of things. She then slunk back as she watched the scarred female attempt to distract the bear, her nerves climbing again when she received directions to escape.

An inexplicable bout of courage suddenly flooded through the dark wolf's body, propelling her forward.I'm not leaving you! she protested, digging her claws into the soft earth and standing shaky, yet determined. The bear seemed to pause for a moment as if contemplating whether or not taking them both on was a good idea. The monster looked hungry, and Blind suddenly knew that this was not one she should have bumped into.

Then lifting a massive paw, about to strike the hybrid in response to her bite, Blind lunged at its arm, clamping down hard on its furry wrist. The creature's attention was distracted only long enough to shake the she-wolf off, and then retaliate by clubbing her hard in the head. Blind nearly flew across the forest floor, her body finally connecting with the trunk of a massive tree with a loud 'thud.' Her vision fading, all consciousness suddenly drained from Blind's being. The she-wolf laid there in a crumpled mound.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Using my badass table for a badass-ish moment? Language and gore warning in this post, though I didn't go over the top. xD Dramaaaaa!

Word Count → 560

With the girl out of the way, Vesper was able to concentrate on the hulking monster before her. Something had definitely set it off; bears didn’t always attack so aggressively. They might usurp a wolf kill or defend themselves if a pack was set on chasing it off, but one-on-one Vesper wasn’t certain she could do very much about it. Just get it away from Blind. Run like hell. Her mind worked sharply as she bared her teeth, bristling enough to look slightly larger. Oh, for once she wouldn’t have minded the muscular halfling form of a luperci…

A shout made the coywolf turn her head, ears pricked and mouth opening in disbelief as she saw Blind standing there determinedly. There was a moment of respite as the bear took note of this additional challenge, but as Ves quickly aimed to bite again, its paw rushed toward her. She leaped back, ears flattened as she prepared to move with the impact, hoping to avoid broken ribs—but a dark shape launched itself at the bear’s arm, clamping down.

“What the hell are you doing?” the tawny female snarled, stepping forward and watching helplessly as the girl was knocked off. When the bear’s paw connected with her head and the she-wolf crumpled against the tree, she froze. “Blind!” Her eyes darted to the bear then back to her friend’s motionless form. “Fuck,” she spat, and she leaped at the bear with something more than just driving it away in mind.

In one reckless maneuver, Vesper had landed on its face. It roared and began to shake her off, its teeth clamping down on her flailing hind leg. She gasped in pain, but there was no crunch of bone, no indication of a major injury. Her mouth darted for the bear’s face as she felt herself slipping, and her fang pierced something globular.

The grizzly let out a snarl unlike any she’d heard before, anger mixed with pain as it staggered back, shaking its head. Blood welled from where its eye had been, and the tossing of its head only served to pain it further. It stepped back, shoulders rolled forward and the fatty hump under its scruff rising. This was only a last show of defiance, however, before it stepped back again. While it could probably have finished the canines off, had it dared, the loss of one eye made it reconsider. It rumbled then continued to back away, head swinging, until it turned and left.

Vesper let all her breath out in a sigh, chest heaving from exhaustion. She turned her head to lick the wound on her hind leg, but it only gave her a minor limp as she moved; it would heal in time. The routine cataloguing of her injuries did not continue, however, as the reason for her burst of rage flashed back to her.

“Blind.”

The name dropped from the coywolf’s mouth, and she rushed to the dark girl’s side, settling down close to her and gently licking where she’d hit her head. She didn’t know what the hell to do in a situation like this! She considered howling for help, but she didn’t know if there were any pack lands close by or if a less savory character might wander across the scene. Ears lowering, she nudged the girl lightly, hoping she’d regain consciousness soon.

<style type="text/css">
.veseqoi b {font-weight:bold; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi t {font-style:italic; color:#89bbd6; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.veseqoi {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331514; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ceg77r.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 520px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2c1c7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.veseqoi .wordcount {color:#e2c1c7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #e2c1c7; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.veseqoi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Haha ooo pretty table! And yes, I do believe this is the most dramatic piece of writing I've ever created, right here...prepare yo'self lol.

Seconds...minutes...hours passed before Blind began to feel herself emerging from the fog of the attack. A faint ringing lingered around her eardrums, and her entire body throbbed in pain. Everything was dark.

More time yielded to more consciousness, and soon Blind could feel a soft tongue caressing her head. She tried to speak, but her mouth seemed bolted shut. Finally a small squeak crept from her taut lips, her lungs and heart waking in her chest.

More feeling slowly trickled through Blind's body, and soon she could hear the frantic breathing of someone beside her. She should have been afraid - what if it was the grizzly bear preparing himself to take a bite out of the she-wolf's side? But her head was swimming too much to grab hold of any conscious thoughts.

Soon enough, Blind could feel her body - however achey - intact and bite-free. The familiar smell of her hybrid friend filled her nose, and she suddenly realized that the tongue on her head belonged to the coywolf. She leaned into the nursing lick, a small groan escaping her throat.

Eventually, the last few bits of consciousness dripped into Blind's being, and the pain escalated to an almost intolerable level, the greatest amount, she soon found, coming from her lame leg. Trying to move it ever so slightly, a new kind of pain shot through the offending limb from her toes to her lower back. She stopped trying immediately, realizing that it was undeniably sprained...at best.

The dark female's heart broke into a sprint as she wondered how on Earth she would be able to walk now, when the pain had seemed bad enough before. My...leg, she gasped. But, as she opened her eyes to try and locate her friend, she soon discovered that her leg was the least of her problems - the vision from her right eye had been taken from her completely, and her left held a very blurred bit of sight. Blind's ears flattened against her throbbing head as she whispered,I can't see.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Trying to figure out which one of them is freaking out more. x3

Vesper was scared.

She had felt almost nothing of fear when she had attacked the bear; she had long ago assumed that she would die fighting some unstoppable foe, after getting some good hits on him, of course. She was not suicidal, but death was a side effect she didn’t shy away from when it came to getting something done she needed to get done. However, as fearless as she was puncturing the bear’s eye, she was trembling now, licking the girl over and over. She told herself that her fast breathing and shaking was from exhaustion, but the presence of cold, grimy stones in her stomach proved otherwise. The truth was, she was afraid.

The truth was, she’d never had anyone die on her before.

At least not like this. Even when she’d come across her coyote mother dead on the ground, she’d known for a fact Winter was dead. There had been nothing she could do about it other than face her father for justice. She hadn’t nosed at her mother like a scared little pup, not like she was doing now. She had only recently met Blind, but the sad truth was this was the only canine she knew in Nova Scotia whose death she dreaded.

“Blind,” the coywolf whispered again, helpless. She was a fighter, not a healer, and her meager attempts at rousing the girl accomplished nothing. She managed to let her nose drift gently across the near-black wolf’s side, brushing her flank and pausing as she tried to feel it move with her breaths. Alive, but for how long? She’d been thrown around plenty of times before, and yet she still winced at the though of being slapped into a tree by a bear paw.

Vesper began to lick her face again when she heard a small groan and felt the girl move closer. Her heart leaped into her throat then fell out of her jaws in a sigh of relief. She was regaining consciousness, and pricked ears listened carefully for any further signs. Blind shifted slightly then gasped something about her leg, which caused Ves to look at it. She couldn’t tell anything from here to know if the bone had been broken, but she could only imagine that the ache ignited after their spar would be a blazing agony right now. She spared a few licks to her leg and hip, hoping to soothe the pain by providing a different sensation, when another whisper grabbed her attention.

“I can’t see,” Blind said, and the irony made Vesper want to tear out someone’s throat.

She returned her attention to the girl’s face, looking into her heterochromatic eyes. Were they out of focus? She could judge nothing; the colors distracted her, as well as the panic swimming in her lungs. “I’m here,” was all she managed to say. Helpless, helpless—what the hell could she do? If the girl’s brain had been damaged, there was more than her eyesight at stake, and eyesight alone was a terrible sense to lose. She swallowed. “A-are you sure? Can you see me? Oh, sweetheart…”

[html]

Hehe ohhh I think Vesper might win just by a tiny bit Big Grin

The she-wolf blinked repeatedly, trying to chase the fog from her eyes. The dark refused to part, and she was left to face what she knew deep in her heart would be for the rest of her life. She hoped it might fade, that it might get better with time, but something inside her told her that wouldn't happen. As for her leg, she didn't know what would become of it now. She had spent so much of her life lame, it didn't worry her as much as losing her sight did. If she needed to, she supposed she could find a wolf capable of practicing medicine to surgically remove her limb, but she didn't want to think on that...not now.

Trying to force a smile upon her dark face, she said softly, How 'bout that? Blind is blind. A weak laugh escaped her lips as her gaze fell to the ground. She didn't know what to do now; how should one react in a situation like this? All she could do was continue to stare at the grass.

Suddenly her interest peaked when she thought of her hybrid friend. Are you alright? she asked frantically. The bear didn't hurt you, did it? She immediately surveyed the coywolf, then flicked her tail angrily when her eyes didn't cooperate. She could see her friend sitting in front of her, but focusing in general was difficult, and anything off in the distance was a soup of color. Blind calmed herself and dropped her head onto the coywolf's back. I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry... she muttered repeatedly. If she had not been so foolish, she thought, none of this would have happened.

Blind! Pay attention! her mother's words echoed in her mind. Her heart slowed to a saddened traipse in her chest; of all the times she hated her mother being right, this was the worst.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Something almost like a smile danced across the dark wolf’s mouth, and Blind made a quiet remark about her blindness before a laugh left her jaws like a tattered butterfly. The show of humor startled Vesper, who narrowed her eyes slightly. “Glad you think this is funny” she snorted, but a trembling smile found its way to her lips. She licked the girl on the bridge of the muzzle again, gentle and uncertain, and settled close to the ground. She always combated pain with bad humor instead of good, but she was somewhat glad that Blind wasn’t in as deep a panic as her mentor was—at least outwardly. She might have been able to calm the girl for a short while, but in the end, what could she offer? False promises? Magical healing?

The question of health was turned back onto the coywolf, who blinked and was unable to register what Blind was asking for a minute. She grunted and glanced at her leg, which was bloody but not an issue. She reached out with a paw to touch her friend’s shoulder, reassuring her not to worry. “I got bit, but it’s just a small wound. Would have passed out by now otherwise.” She hoped that the muscles hadn’t been damaged; while a broken bone would have been hard to manage, a weakened leg in general wasn’t going to help her out. She smirked slightly as she realized that was the point of the exercises beforehand, and she affirmed, “I’ll be okay, Blind. I’m tough as nails, yeah?”

She blinked when the girl started to whisper apologies. Vesper brushed her tawny head against the dark wolf’s with a low, comforting whimper. “Not your fault,” she murmured in reply. “Now, listen. I’ll have to escort you back to your pack or something; I can’t leave you out here like this, and who knows if an even less friendly bear or something might wander along. Your pack can take care of you; it’s a resource I never had. You’ll turn out better than me.”

[html]

Aw, and so our journey comes to an end. It has been a pleasure RPing with you my dear; I hope to run into you again soon Smile

Blind lifted her head sheepishly at the coywolf's words. She was glad that her friend was alright; anything else would have been unacceptable. But, as much as she knew she should return to her pack, she didn't want to. It wouldn't be wise, however, to stay in a place like this before at least getting a good check-up from a medicine wolf.

Rising to her feet, Blind shook like a newborn colt getting its bearings for the first time. Her leg screamed with pain, and her head began to throb. She stood still for a minute, allowing the blood to rush back to where it was needed, and then waited for the pain to lessen a bit. Finally, it became tolerable as she turned to face her dear friend.

You know, in all this time I've known you, I don't remember if you've told me your name or not, she said, trying to smile again. Perhaps she had; she couldn't remember with the way her brain was pounding against the sides of her skull at the moment. She then nudged the coywolf gently against her cheek, finally leaning into her for support. The relief was almost immediate as she discovered a way to take a bit of weight off of her leg. But moving, Blind knew, was going to be a different matter entirely. This was going to be a long walk.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
*makes last post*Likewise. ^^ Just lemme know whenever you have another idea for these two. :3 I know Ves will become luperci near the end of the month, so after that might be an interesting third meeting. x3

Vesper watched anxiously as the black she-wolf stood, but she didn’t immediately collapse or scream or anything that would have indicated a serious break. When Blind turned to look at her, the slightly older female realized that she had been holding her breath; she let it go in a soft sigh and met her two-toned gaze expectantly, wondering what Blind planned on doing now. Would she take Ves’ advice and go back to her pack, or would she even be able to make the journey?

There was a soft touch as the girl nudged her cheek, and sky blue eyes fluttered shut for a moment as Vesper drank in her scent. The moment did not last long before she smirked faintly and shrugged her shoulders—carefully, not wanting to jar the only support Blind had. “Vesper,” she murmured, unsure herself if her name would have been remembered; she thought she had given it in Halifax, but a long enough time had passed, and Vesper hadn’t been able to remember Blind’s name except for the strangeness of it and her heterochromia.

“Let’s get you to a healer,” the coywolf added, and she took a step forward, pausing and steadying the girl the best she could. “I’ll walk with you for a while, all right?” Her bite wound was complaining, and while she would have walked a thousand miles to make sure her new friend was okay, she didn’t want to ruin her own leg.

Unlike Blind, she didn’t have a pack to care for her.

[html]

Ooo! Interesting indeed! I'll have to see if I can't think of something, because I'm pretty sure Blind will become Luperci fairly soon too (I'm already experimenting with it in the LASKY forums haha Wink ).

Blind nodded as her hybrid friend disclosed her name. Vesper, she repeated, I like that. Another smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, but the sadness of knowing she would soon have to leave her friend kept her from releasing it.

The coywolf provided ample support for the lame canine, and Blind often found herself looking at Vesper in order to memorize everything about this dear creature. The pain in her leg and the blurriness of her vision tried to prevent her from this, but she fought her injuries hard. She didn't want to forget even a single feature of Vesper's being, for she hoped that the next time she saw her, she would know right away that it wasn't 'a monster in the shadows.' She considered herself truly blessed to have met someone so fun and kind, someone who had taught her so much already. Her contained smile finally broke loose as she realized she wouldn't soon forget the scarred female.

As they neared the place where Blind remembered having been accepted as one of the Crimson Dreamers, she turned to Vesper and draped her neck over the coywolf's in a canine embrace. Thank you my friend, she cooed, I couldn't have gotten here without you. You take care of yourself, okay? And don't be a stranger. With that, Blind hugged her friend once more, and limped off to her home with a 'good-bye' flick of her dark tail.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]