Homeward Bound
[html]

Word Count: 212

Blind followed close behind Soran as she led the young wolf toward her new home. The rain was falling in steady streams now, dampening the fur of the two wolves. Blind's heart beat quickly in her chest, though this time due to excitement rather than fear; she was past the border and on Crimson Dreams' land now, and closer than she had been in a long time to a family. I wonder what the others will say, the young wolf thought. Would they welcome her with open arms as the other two females had? Or would Blind be an unwelcome addition crowding out the other's territory?

A rumble of thunder in the distance tore Blind from her thoughts. She sped up, falling in step with Soran, and tried to strike up a conversation in order to distract herself: So, does it hurt, she asked, you know, becoming a Luperci?

She wasn't quite sure why she chose this question to ask when there were so many less frightening subjects to discuss. But she was curious, and she wanted to know the cons of this transformation in addition to the pros. There was so much she didn't know still, and she could feel the moment when her decision would be final quickly approaching.

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeba7; letter-spacing:1px;}
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Yay for continuation Big Grin And this is back dated to the 21st, right after the joining thread (just thought I would mention it in case someone wanted to jump in as well, it also helps me remember XD) Just so you know Blind, I also play Rain and Kiwi Aatte, Soran's daughters, which is why I thought they could have a quick cameo (Rain's speech is in italics).

Soran was indeed very happy for the younger girl, having met her at the borders herself, she had seemed more than pleasant and already the ebony female could not help but find herself warming to the dark pelted girl. Despite the sable patrician being worried about Anu and Mati, despite the terrible weather the dark female could not help but feel light and bouyant, she really was overjoyed to have made a new friend. The rain was now coming down in sheets, the ebony pelted lady's fur was beginning to soak through, she was looking forward to the warmth and the dry area of the house, they would be there soon enough no doubt. She smiled at the younger girl as they padded towards the house, she asked a question and the lady's velvety ears swivelled to catch what she had said, she asked if becoming a Luperci would hurt. The sable female remembered that there had been pain when she had changed form for the first time, but that had not been because of the shift itself, it had been from impaling her paw on the sharp piece of flint that she now wore around her neck. She shook her head at the female, smiling slightly as she did so.
"The initial exchange of blood may hurt a little, after all you will have to recieve a cut for it to happen. Then it should take about two weeks for the change to fully happen, after this you will have your first shift. It is not painful, at least it was not for me, it is more... strange, a little uncomfortable more than anything, but once you are used to changing forms you barely notice it." Soran replied, answering her question as honestly as she could, it was strange to think on how it felt when she shifted, she rarely even thought about changing now,the actual change that was, she would be too busy thinking about what she needed to do, for example when changing into her Optime form to perform a fiddly task she would be thinking of the task at hand far more than her legs lengthening and her mane growing. She moved a little closer to the dark pelted dreamer, smiling at her, she had already confessed to being a little afraid of the thunder, so the motherly side of Soran wanted to be close to her, to provide some comfort, as if her presence might help dispell the fear of the storm.

Soon the house loomed into view, the tall wooden structure standing tall against the angry grey clouds, the sable female turned to the younger wolf and grinned.
"This is our house, welcome home." Soran said, a smile playing across her lips as she anticipated the younger girl's reaction. The house was an impressive sight, even when there was not a storm raging overhead, some helpful wolf had set about lighting candles in some of the rooms so a few of the windows held a soft warm glow. The porch had also been illumated with candles, someone had put glass covers over them so that the wind would not blow the flames out, the wind itself was whistling and howling through the trees now. The sable wolf shivered a little as they approached the house, the wind had become quite chilled, she was looking forward to getting under the eaves of the porch and shaking herself dry. As they approached the house a pair of black wolves came bounding out of the front door, one much larger than the other, the larger and older one had bright silver eyes, the smaller wolf had shaggier, longer fur than the other and jade eyes. A smile broke the sable lady's face as she saw them.
"Where on earth are you two going?" She called out to them, watching them with curiosity, wondering where on earth they might be going in the storm.
"Just off to collect some feathers mom, you know how the birds come out when it rains to collect the worms!" The older girl called, grinning at her.
"Alright, but don't track mud all over the house when you get back girls! This is Blind, she's new here." Soran replied, turning to the younger girl by her side and giving her a warm smile.
"Hello, nice to meet you! See you later Mom!" The elder girl called, the smaller one simply nodded her head in greeting and then they were gone, bouncing off of the porch and racing off into the wooded area by the house.
"Sorry about that, they're my daughters, Rain and Kiwi." The sable female said with a smile, chuckling slightly to herself. She gestured to the porch steps with a toss of her head, "shall we go and get dry then?" She asked the younger girl with a smile.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
[html]

Haha yay! Okay, that's perfect. That'll make Blind's waiting time before she can shift go by faster too Smile And that sounds good to me, I'm sure Blind would love to meet Kiwi and Rain.

Blind was relieved when Soran told her that the transformation wouldn't hurt. Though she had lived with pain for most of her life, it was nice to be able to do something for once that she didn't have to push through because of how it felt. Thinking about this made Blind eager to shift, so when Soran told her she wouldn't be able to for two weeks, her tail dropped disappointedly. She had to remind herself, however, that she didn't really know much about Luperci, other than the fact that it would allow her to do things with her front paws...hands, she had heard them be called before.

As they approached the manor, Blind's eyes wandered from the base of the building to the top, her maw open in shock. This was the biggest den she had ever seen, and now it was her home!

Wow, Blind muttered, frozen to the spot. That's...amazing.

Just then, two wolves that looked similar to Soran trotted out of the manor's front entrance, tossing a greeting over their shoulder as they approached. Soran addressed them as her daughters, asking them where they were off to. When they mentioned they were going to collect feathers, Blind thought of the dark male she had met in Halifax who tied the feathers in his fur. Were they gathering feathers to tie in their fur, too?

They seem nice, Blind offered as she looked to Soran. She could see the love in her eyes for the two girls, and she knew she was in a good place. Maybe she would get the chance to talk to the girls later? Blind was anxious to meet new wolves on top of everything else she couldn't wait for, and it showed in her enthusiastic demeanor.

Soran asked if she was ready to go inside, and Blind's heart jumped in her chest. She nodded eagerly, smiling at Soran. As Blind lifted her paw and placed it on the first step, the muscles in Blind's legs tensed at the feel of the hard floor. She hadn't walked on much else besides grass, soil, gravel, and snow throughout her life, and this new surface was a little uncomfortable at first. But Blind wouldn't let herself become nervous at this. If they can live here, so can I, Blind thought. She had a home, after all, and a tough floor was hardly a good enough reason to abandon it.

<style>
.blindy .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#d99f64; }
.blindy p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.blindy b {color:#d99f64; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.blindy {background-color:#443e33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.blindy .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967c59; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:427px; margin-top:-60px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.blindy-border {width:427px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Sorry about the wait on this, it's been a really hectic weekend! We have two new pet rabbits and all sorts of things have been going on XD Are you alright? WC: 1058

pushitinThe ebony female was glad to have seen her daughters, they were new to the lands and had yet to do much venturing around them, seeing them wandering off to explore the lands, even if it was in the hunt of more feathers to adorn Rain's mane, at least they were going outside and familiarising with the lands. They would need to know their way around if they were to be involved in the war and unfortunately by being a part of this pack they were indeed involved, all of the wolves that resided here were part of the war, even if they did not want to be, Soran herself did not want to be involved in another war, but fate had taken her down that road once more, she would have to be the warrior again, to protect her pack and her family. She smiled down at the younger girl as she looked up at the large house, Soran herself remembering when she had first laid eyes upon the enormous Syemv house all those years ago, Blind was bolder than she had been though, she had avoided the house until the cool of the late autumn had forced her to find refuge. But it seemed that Blind was excited by the prospect of living within the house, it was a rather strange concept in all truth, the idea that the wolves who had taken over the lands now resided in the home of the humans, now long dead. They trod the hallways just as those long dead creatures had done, they slept in the beds that they had once slept in, it had all changed so much, but still the same routines were kept to, the house was still fulfilling the role that it had once had.
"It is rather impressive isn't it? I personally have lived in the old human houses often since I came to these lands, that was many years ago now and I suppose not really these lands. We used to reside in lands to the north of here, they have all burnt to the ground now though. But there was a pack named Syemv, most of the wolves moved here after the great fire, we used to live in a house much like this. There are communal areas, but you will be more than welcome to choose a bedroom of your own to sleep in I am sure." The sable female said with a smile, grinning at the younger girl. She was glad to see that the dark pelted girl seemed to like the house, it was her new home after all.
pushitinThe girls came and went in what seemed to be a flash, the dark mother was glad that they had remembered their manners and greeted Blind though; Rain often talked for both of them, Kiwi was terribly shy, especially when first meeting a new face, but soon enough once she was comfortable with someone she was witty and charming, it just took her a long time to get to that stage with another wolf. The sable female found that she did not have to worry about her not making friends and being alone though, Rain often forced her into situations where she met new wolves, forcing her to make friends even if she was too shy to approach them herself. She was glad that her girls had one another, Rain helped get Kiwi out and about and Kiwi helped keep Rain in check, the silver eyed girl had a short fuse, like her mother had when she had been young, without Kiwi there was often a chance of Rain doing something or saying something that would cause trouble, they were a good balance for one another. Soran smiled as Blind complimented her girls, she was always pleased when someone commented on them, she delighted in talking about them as well, though she worried that it might be quite dull for those that didn't have pups, but many of her friends had their own children so it did not matter that she talked about them often.
"Thank you very much, I like to think that the good came from me raising them of course." The jet pelted female said with a chuckle, joking with her new friend, playing with mock arrogance. The younger girl seemed a little nervous at the prospect of going into the new house so Soran took charge, padding up the stairs with confidence, enjoying the blissful dryness under the eaves of the porch. She gave herself a good shake, throwing the water droplets from her pelt as quickly as she could, trying to dry herself off before going into the house, not wanting to splatter the interior of the house with water. The ebony pelted female gave the younger girl a grin and nudged the door of the house with her head, allowing it to swing open, she stepped into the warm interior of the house, enjoying the sudden heat, the light and the protection from the rain. She smiled at the female, waiting for her to follow her into the house so that she might give her a tour.
"Are you ready to see your new home?" She asked with another smile, she was excited to see if the younger girl would be as much in awe of this house as she was of the Syemv house when she had first entered it. The house itself was warm and welcoming, the place was lit by candles, inside the scent of familiar wolves, of family lingered in the air, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. She was looking forward to giving the younger girl a grand tour of the house, she could also tell her of the rooms that she knew were taken and those that might be free for the dark brown female to reside in. She knew that many of the wolves were happy sleeping in here, though some opted to dig dens outside, wanting to be closer to nature, something that Soran respected, sometimes of course one needed to feel close to ones roots, for some sleeping within the manor felt too human, too strange. The ebony female loved it within the house though, she enjoyed being close to everyone, something that was not easy when everyone had seperate dens across the whole land.

Made by Razekiel Lykoi Smile
[/html]
[html]

Oh no worries dear, I understand Smile I'm doing great, thanks!

Blind listened as Soran talked of her old homes and the fire, and how she was free to choose which room she would stay in. The young wolf felt confused, though only momentarily, as she wondered what the dark female meant by that; she had never lived in a 'room' before. However, she was excited nonetheless, and she looked forward to seeing the rest of her new home.

As the ebony wolf's daughters trotted down the steps and off into the distance, she thanked Blind for her comment, followed by an expression of her pride in them. The young wolf then wondered if her mother had ever been proud of her. Rhia had often told her that she was, but it seemed that she were more proud of the fact that she had managed to keep Blind alive despite her father's efforts, rather than being proud of Blind in general. No matter, she thought flippantly, I'll find someone to be proud of me sooner or later.

Following Soran up the steps and into the house, Blind's eyes nearly bulged out of her skull as she took in everything around her - it was amazing! She had never seen anything like it! This was far beyond any den she had ever seen; could it even be considered a den? Blind tried to remember her home as a child, but couldn't summon any memories. All she knew of her home was the fact that she didn't have a certain one, and that the stars had often served as the roof over her head. Thought it would take time to get used to such a home, she was grateful regardless, and thrilled to check out the rest of the manor.

Blind trotted in place, looking at Soran anxiously. I'm ready! Let's go! she yelped, nudging against the dark female. The bouncing she-wolf then awkwardly came to a halt, disappointed that the hard floor didn't provide much spring for her dance; that would definitely take some getting used to.

The young she-wolf then remembered Soran's acceptance toward changing Blind into a Luperci, and she suddenly grew intensely and inexplicably nervous. This was such a huge change...it would be so different, walking on two legs. And what if her lame leg didn't react kindly to the shift? Would it maim her further? Would the pain be too hard to bear? Her body began to shake, and she quickly pressed against the dark female in order to suppress her tremors. She couldn't think on it, not now. When it came time, she could discuss it further with her new friend.

<style>
.blindy .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#d99f64; }
.blindy p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.blindy b {color:#d99f64; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.blindy {background-color:#443e33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.blindy .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967c59; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:427px; margin-top:-60px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.blindy-border {width:427px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the little wait on this, as I said it's been a very hectic week XD Also for a reference you can find a map of the house if you click here. Smile WC: 722

The sable female smiled at the younger girl's reaction, she thought that she might react that way, the house was enormous and many wolves had not been accustomed to human houses, this was grand even by those standards, many wolves were stunned when they saw the sheer size of the place. Soran herself was often stunned by the place when she actually thought of it, when she thought of the old wooden house looming so high into the sky, far higher than any Luperci would have ever managed to get without the support of the stairs and the wooden floors, even to the female who had lived here on and off for so long she still found the idea mind boggling if she thought about it for too long. The smaller female seemed excited to see the place herself, the older female laughed as she was nudged by the excitable girl, saying that she was ready and that she wanted to get going. The younger female was bouncing here and there, clearly realising that the floor was not as bouncy as the ground outside, the ebony female laughed again, giving the younger female a gentle nudge on the shoulder with her snout, she gazed around the house.
"Where would you like to start the tour, there are many rooms in the house that I can show you, shall we start with mine?" Soran asked, nodding at the left side of the downstairs corridor, that was where her own room was, it was comfortable and spacious and even had it's own terrace, she was glad that she had found it. If she confessed she was even more pleased that her pale former mate had moved into the room next door, even though the sable female did not know what was happening between the pair, often left wondering what might happen between them, would they find themselves together once again. She wondered if they might once again rekindle the deep love that they had once had for one another, that they still had for one another if they were truly honest, at least Soran honestly felt that way, she hoped that Deuce felt the same. Only time would tell that though, hopefully they might manage to rekindle something, even though Soran still had to make the choice between Charm and Deuce, this was not going to be an easy descision to make.

The sable female gave a small sigh as she thought on this, but was quickly pulled back into reality, Blind trembling against the larger female, the sable female looked down at the younger girl, something was clearly bothering her. Soran's motherly instinct took over once again, resting her head against the smaller female, giving her something close to a hug, nudging at her gently.
"What is wrong Blind? What has happened? Is it the house? We can go outside and stand out of the rain on the porch if you'd like?" The dark female offered, looking down at the younger girl, her emerald gaze filled with concern for Blind, what on earth had happened in the past few minutes to make her seem so timid all of a sudden? She gave Blind another gentle head bump, nudging her down the left corridor, moving to pad ahead of her, taking the younger girl to her bedroom, perhaps knowing that she was completely safe within a room might make her feel more comfortable. The lithe female padded down to the very last room on the corridor, noting that she still had to find some kind of plaque for her door, the hasty scratches still being evident and present on the door. She nodded to the female to follow her, moving to stand by the door, pulling on the handle before pushing the door open with her nose. She smiled at the female, still gesturing her to follow her.
"This is my room,would you care to start our tour here?" The sable female offered, smiling at the younger girl, trying to take her mind off of whatever it was that was bothering her, she was clearly scared by something, hopefully she would tell her sooner or later what it was that was bothering her, the motherly side of the sable female was deeply distressed by the idea that the younger girl was upset or frightened.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

[/html]
[html]

Oh sweet! Thank you! And no worries, you're great Smile

Blind felt immediately comforted by the dark female's warm words. Nuzzling her chin reassuringly, the young she-wolf smiled weakly and told Soran of her frightened thoughts that had suddenly planted themselves in her mind, possibly scaring her from changing to a Luperci.

I'm just afraid of what it might do to me, Blind admitted, and how big of a change it will be. I've gone through so much change in my life, moving from home to home and losing my family...I don't know if I could handle much more.

Listening to herself as she spoke, Blind suddenly realized how cowardly she sounded. She bowed her head shamefully, chiding herself for being such a baby. When would the day come that she could actually push her fears away and run with the rest of the wolves?

As Blind followed Soran to her room, her mind switched tracks and wandered around her curiosity of the doors. What were these strange pieces of wood that were cut in such perfect shapes, and why were they needed to cover these things Soran called 'rooms'? Blind had never seen anything like it, and the more time she spent in this strange place, the more she could feel her old life slipping away from her. This was a welcome abandonment, however; leaving behind her past possibly meant leaving behind the version of herself that she so often scolded.

Spotting a strange object in the middle of the room, Blind trotted toward it and sniffed it curiously, Soran's questions floating in one ear and out the other. It was of a rectangular shape, and held up by strangely-shaped sticks. When she nudged her head against it, she found it to be soft, and the strange skins that laid upon it felt warm. Taking a few steps back, Blind crouched low to the ground and leapt on top of the strange object, bouncing abruptly off the surface and then when somersaulting toward the ground on the opposite side, landing awkwardly as her buttocks connected with the hard floor. Her eyes wide and her heart pounding in her chest, Blind tried to comprehend what had just happened. She poked her head up over the edge of the strange thing, and then, determining it was a monster set out to repel intruders, Blind darted for the shelter of Soran's body.

Hiding beneath her belly, Blind looked up at the dark she-wolf and asked, What is that thing? This monster was by far the strangest creature she had yet encountered on her journey.

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Gah! I'm sorry I am running so slowly XD WC: 689

The sable female smiled as the younger girl nuzzled at her chin, the Patrician felt a motherly pull toward the young female, she could not help it, perhaps it was that she herself had lost so many pups, that so many were missing now, or perhaps it was that Blind seemed to be all alone in the world; perhaps it was a combination of the two, but the sable female could not help but want to look after the younger female. She gave her another gentle nudge as the girl spoke, she was explaining that she was a little afraid of the change, Soran understood that other's were scared of change, she herself had known nothing but change in her young life, but she understood liking things staying the same; now that she had managed to settle back into a home, into the pack, now that her family seemed to be warming to her she was enjoying things remaining the same. The war seemed to have changed this, but she still had hope, perhaps the war would end soon and then she would be able to get on with rebuilding her life, she was making headway with this task, but it was slow going, one could not force family to love them anymore than they could force you to love them. She was glad of having Blind nearby to her, she was a welcome reprieve from the troubling times of the recent weeks, she had yet to be touched by the trauma of the war, Soran wished that she could keep it from her, that she could keep it from all of the wolves that she cared for, but alas she could not do this anymore than she could stop the sun from setting at night, this knowledge saddened the sable female. The tall female nodded as Blind spoke.
"Yes sometimes change can be frightening indeed, but you have achieved so much through change, you have become a member of the pack today aftr all. Not all change is bad change, if you become a Luperci then you do not have to stay in the bipedal form if you do not like it, nothing had changed in my four legged form when I changed. I assume that you shall be much the same." Soran said, her tone warm and motherly as she did so, she could not help but hold a warm affection for the younger dark female.

The ebony pelted female showed the younger girl into her room, she seemed entranced, she had been staring at the doors as they had walked down the corridor, Soran smiled as she watched her.
"The doors are there to provide a bit of privacy, this way we can close them and can have time alone from the pack as a whole." The dark female said as they entered her room, the younger girl ran at her bed, smelling it and bouncing on it, falling off rather quickly. The sable female began to laugh at the look of surprise across her face, the sable female chuckled as she watched her, but stopped when the younger girl scampered underneath the sable female, hiding beneath the mother's stomach. Soran stretched her legs so that the smaller female would fit underneath her, hiding from view.
"Oh dear, you're not hurt are you?" Soran asked, her tone concerned as she looked down between her front legs at the younger female.
"It's a bed, the humans who used to live here slept on them, that is why they are so soft and spongey. I sleep on it when I am in my Optime form and I suppose when I am in this form as well, it wont hurt you, come out." The lady said, chuckling again now, leaning over and giving the female a gentle shove with her paw to move her out from beneath her. The sable lady's tail wagged as she padded around her room, stretching her lithe limbs out, she hopped onto her wicker chair in the corner and sat neatly, curling her tail around her feet as she looked at the younger girl.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Haha oh you're fine dear don't even worry ^^ I can be patient Big Grin

As soon as the she-wolf realized that she was cowering under the older female, she immediately chided herself and slid out from under her, almost in sync with the woman's gentle nudge. Blind had cowered beneath her mother many a time when she was younger; she didn't think that she would do it again in her older age. However, Soran did remind Blind very much of her puppy days with her mom, and in a way, the dark wolf liked to think of the elder as such.

As she watched Soran curl up in what looked like a large basket, Blind contemplated the woman's wise words. Yes, the change might hurt. Yes, the change might be scary. But there was still the possibility that it could change her life for the better. She didn't want to live with this lame leg for the rest of her life, especially because she knew, despite her mother's protests, that she wasn't actually born with it. While grooming herself, she had found scars that she confidently assumed resulted from a large set of teeth. If this was a mark from her clouded past, she didn't want to be reminded of it while attempting to build a new future.

Deciding to try and perch on the bed again, Blind trotted over to its side, aimed carefully, and jumped - although this time more lightly - onto the plush surface. The bed, as Soran had called it, responded a little more kindly this time to the she-wolf's presence, allowing her to rest upon it without seeking to buck her off. The small female then curled up, her aching hindquarters suddenly soothed by its softness and warmth. She could smell Soran very strongly from where she was, and it acted almost like incense as it nearly lulled her to sleep.

Soran, the young wolf slurred, could you maybe tell me a little bit about your personal experience with being a Luperci? I know I've asked so many questions about it already, but I really want to make sure it's what I want to do before I go through with it.

Blind felt like a child bothering the elder so much about this, but she truly did have to know every ounce of fact about ANYTHING before making decisions, and opinions didn't hurt either. Although she knew this female might tire of her questions just as her own mother used to, she wasn't going to do anything drastic without her mind being at ease.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Smile Thank you for your patience with me, I don't have a laptop at the moment so it's a little frustrating XD WC: 680

The sable female did not mind that the little female climbed underneath her, she was not bothered by it at all, she had been a mother herself seven times over and she had a strong motherly instinct. The sable mother had already begun to think about the younger girl as something of a daughter, she simply brought out the motherly affection in the ebony female, she was glad that she had come here, it was nice to have another wolf that she felt she could look after. The younger wolf clambered out from beneath her and Soran curled up on the chair, she watched the girl with patient green eyes as she tentatively climbed onto the bed once again, she seemed comfortable on there.
"I told you that it was comfortable once you were upon it." The lady said, a smile playing across her lips, she was glad that the girl was comfortable in her room, she had brought her here so that she would feel she had a safe place to stay as she was a newcomer after all. The female looked at the girl as she asked about being a Luperci, asking her to tell her about her experiences, wanting to know what it was like. The sable female looked at her, musing over what to say in reply, she had had many good experiences in her bipedal form, then again she had had many bad ones in that form, but that was nothing to do with the form, it was far more about other wolves and their behaviour than the form itself. When she actually thought of the good things about being in her Optime form there were actually many, it was the form in which she could sew, she could play the flute (something which she loved), she could read and write and of course she was tall enough to reach the high shelves that lined the walls of her room with ease. The sable lady mused over what to say to the younger girl.
"I know, why don't I show you what the shift looks like, that might be a good piece of information for you to have." The sable lady offered.

She hoped down from the chair and stood straight, closing her eyes for a moment as she thought on the change. Her legs began to lengthen, the bones creaking as they lengthened and shifted position, her body lengthened and a mane began to sprout from her head, falling in long curls and waves about what were becoming her shoulders and her back. Her nails began to grow, and eventually her body realigned so that she was stood up in her bipedal form. The whole process took around a minute and a half and soon enough Soran was standing in the centre of the room, her curled mane blowing slightly in the breeze that blew through the old house, her legs long, she stood at around seven feet tall in this form. She smiled at the younger girl.
"Is that a start with giving you some information on being a Luperci?" The lady asked as the smile played across her lips softly. She padded across the room and picked her flute up from one of the shelves.
"Being a Luperci allows us to do all sorts of things, for example I can play this when I am in this form, along with reading and writing, having hands allows for a lot of things, you can sew, you can learn to cook for example." The female replied, lifting the flute to her lips and playing a soft tune on it, the tone soft and languid as she did so. She thought that perhaps it would be a good example of the skills that one could gain when you had hands and arms to use. She moved back to sit in the chair, crossing one leg over the other as she continued to play, waiting for the younger girl to speak once again, simply providing the background music for the conversation that the pair were having.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
[html]

Not a problem ^^ I've been taking my time myself.

Blind's jaw dropped as the dark female changed before her. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before, and part of her wondered what kind of dark magic would allow a creature to do such a thing. Surely this wasn't natural! Surely this wasn't COMFORTABLE! Surely...she was scaring herself; it actually looked quite neat.

As Soran reached for a stick-like instrument from the horizontal planks of wood that decorated her room, the words she spoke swam around in Blind's head: 'read,' 'write,' 'cook'...What was she talking about? There was so much she wanted to know, so much she wanted to learn about the ways of the Luperci that she hardly believed she'd be able to take it all in in one night. However, she knew that rainy days took their time to pass, and she wanted to use as much of that time as she could talking with Soran.

It wasn't enough that the older she-wolf fascinated Blind; she felt an extreme comfort around her, too. In fact, she would even venture to say that she felt more comfortable with Soran than she had with her own mother at times. Sure, Rhia did her best to take care of Blind. But the young wolf knew that there was something wrong with her mother. Something from their dark past whispered away Rhia's sanity day by day, and when she passed away, Blind knew deep in her heart that it was for the better. Soran, on the other hand, didn't seem to have any obvious mental deficiencies, and Blind was grateful for that. It would be nice to spend time with someone whom she didn't have to worry whether or not the next thing to come out of her mouth would be sane.

Shaking herself from her thoughts, Blind listened to the sweet tune coming from the stick in Soran's hand. What IS that? she asked, trying to make sense of it all. She wondered to herself if she would ever be able to do some of the things that Soran could, and secretly, she somewhat hoped she would be. Blind could tell that Soran gained a bit of confidence from this form - as it obviously made her capable of doing things that a normal wolf like herself couldn't - and confidence was definitely something the young wolf wanted. Walking on two legs, using your paws for something other than digging and clawing, learning new skills...it was all so fascinating to the young wolf. But, fascinating or not, that didn't shake the fact that it was still rather terrifying to her, too.

Hopping down from the bed, Blind circled the older wolf, trying to make sense of things once more - it didn't help. As much as Blind looked Soran over, she couldn't wrap her mind around what was going on. She began to feel herself getting dizzy, and she eventually had to retreat to the floor in the middle of the room. Everything in her life was changing so fast. What could possibly happen next?

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The ebony female played the flute happily, it was something that she did whenever she could; the sable mother had always been fascinated by humans and the music that they made and once she had discovered that she had hands she had set to work mastering an instrument, she had been playing the flute now for many years, she practiced as often as she could, hoping one day to be perfect. Though she was a rather modest creature, others would say that she was a good musician now, but she still wanted to practice and practice again until every note was in the right place; she had even attempted to compose some of her own tunes, at the moment she was playing something that she had made up on the spur of the moment one rainy day much like this one. The tune was soft and lilting, flowing neatly from the tube with a delicate grace that only flute music could really possess. Soran loved playing music and had instilled it into her own children, her youngest litter, while her former mate had been teaching them hand to hand combat skills in order to defend themselves, the sable female had been teaching them to read and write and most importantly to read music and encouraged them to practice upon the small collection of musical instruments that had amassed in the pack's stores over the years. The sable female was pleased that her children seemed to love music as much as she did, perhaps one day they would all play together here, perhaps in a happier time, when the war was over. The sable female smiled at the younger girl, she had watched with awe as she had changed forms only moments before, it was not an unusual sight for Soran anymore, having seen many wolves shift, both into this form and back into their four legged ones, but she supposed for a wolf who had never seen it before it could be quite an amazing sight. The dark female herself remembered when she had stared up at the Luperci in her first pack with awe (for she never really thought of her birth pack as a pack that she had been a member of), she had been fascinated by them, so she did not mind that Blind seemed equally as entranced.

The girl hopped from the bed and walked around and around Soran, jade eyes followed the girl as she continued to play, stopping the tune only when Blind asked her what the flute was. At least Soran hoped that she meant the flute, otherwise she was going to have to explain that this was the Optime form, but she credited the girl with knowing that already, though sometimes a sudden shock, such a seeing a wolf shift forms for the first time, could cause the brain to run slowly for a little while.
"It's a flute Blind, it is a musical instrument, the humans who lived here before we did used to play them, for enjoyment and also to entertain others. There are many kinds of musical instrument, this is simply one example." The coal pelted female replied, bending down to Blind's height, offering the flute out for the four legged wolf to examine more closely. The girl retreated to the corner of the room and the Patrician's face became a mask of concern, had she made herself dizzy by wandering around her? Was she overwhelmed? Or was she feeling unwell, the pair had been standing in the cold for quite some time after all; Soran's black pelt was well equipped for that, being a Vancouver Island wolf she had thick fur, but she did not know if Blind did. She moved to sit beside the young wolf with the bi-coloured eyes, she rested a gentle, comforting hand on the girl's back.
"Is everything alright Blind? Are you feeling alright?" The Aatte female asked, her tone that of a concerned mother worrying over a pup. She smiled down at the girl.
"Is it all a little overwhelming for you dear? We do not have to change you today if you do not wish to be changed?" The female offered, she was a little worried about the younger girl.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 709
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

I'm sorry, I'm terrible at matching your post lengths! Tongue

Blind stared in awe at the dark female as she allowed the dizziness to trickle from her head. So many new words she had to learn...so many new things she had to try...so many new fears that came with these changes. Several times, Blind found herself shaking her head to make sure she wasn't dreaming - she was well known for sleeping often and dreaming strangely. If this was a dream, it could definitely be considered the strangest by far.

The young wolf waited patiently for Soran's song to end, and was then surprised by the elder's retreat from her chair to come sit by Blind's side. She felt comforted by Soran's touch, and she leaned into the luperci's hand - that was a strange feeling. Blind looked up at the woman, her eyes full of a child-like concern, and she said, As fascinating as all of this is, I would like to wait on the change, I think. However, when and if I do decide to change, I would still love for you to do it.

Blind's words stirred her thoughts uneasily. She wondered what her mother would say if she knew that her daughter was asking a 'two-legged wolf', as Rhia had called them, to help her become one of them? As off-put as Blind's mother had been about the idea of the luperci, the young wolf still couldn't get the possibility of learning things like writing and playing instruments out of her head; it was exciting, at the very least. However, it was still frightening, and now was not the time to decide if the change was right for her.

Trying to distract herself, Blind rose to all fours and trotted around Soran's room. She looked at the objects on her shelves, her chair, her bed, and other things. She then turned to the woman and asked, Should we continue the tour, then?

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Don't feel you have to match them at all, I am the queen of rambling, you write very nicely Smile WC:846

The ebony mother could not help but feel a slight motherly affection for the younger girl, there was something that Blind exuded that made the sable female feel the need to protect her and care for her. The dark female was worried that she had overwhelmed the girl, coming to live in a new pack was a large step in someone's life, it was overwhelming enough without seeing wolves change into Luperci and suggest that you become one of them. The dark pelted female gave the girl a comforting smile, hoping that the girl was not feeling unwell or regretting coming to these lands now, there was a lot of information to take in one go for the younger female. She gently stroked the younger girl's back in an attempt to comfort her. She hoped that the girl was indeed enjoying her time here, from the small snippets of information she had told the Patrician it sounded like the girl might deserve some happiness within a family and a pack. Blind then spoke of not wanting to change yet, this the sable female understood, before she had known that she was a Luperci herself she had had no wishes to change into one, sure she had found them fascinating and now she was glad that she had hands so that she could do all of the things that she enjoyed so much, but she could see why Blind would be reluctant to change yet; the day had already been eventful for the girl and the sable female was not going to push her into doing anything that she was not ready to do. Changing ones body chemistry was something that should not be taken lightly, it required thought and careful consideration, Soran was actually pleased that the younger girl was going to take some time to consider what she wanted from her life here and whether or not being a Luperci would fit into that before she chose to change. The offer would always be open to the girl, she now knew where the dark Patrician stayed within the house now, she would always be welcome to knock upon her door and ask her to change her. So long as Soran was around she would be happy to change her.
"That is fine Blind, you are always welcome to come here and ask me to change you at a later date. It is a big step to take, take all of the time you need to decide whether or not to do it. All I shall say is that I am very happy being a Luperci, I find that you can do many useful things, but they may not be the same sort of things that you like to do. Take all of the time you need to decide little one." Soran replied, smiling at the younger girl, using the nickname that she used for her own children, the motherly instinct being so easily brought to the surface by the younger girl.

The sable female moved to stand and stretched her long limbs out again, smiling down at the smaller female. The girl padded around her room, she seemed to be examining all of Soran's items, the dark Patrician smiled, she was unable not to when she saw interest and curiosity, it was something that Soran respected greatly, she loved to see others being curious about those items and wolves around them, it was something that she liked to cultivate in other wolves. In a world so full of wonder, how could she not want everyone to want to learn, there was so much to discover, she herself hated the idea of missing out on anything, she could not understand why anyone else would feel differently about such things. The sable female brushed a long strand of her mane out of her eyes as she looked down at the younger girl. The younger female asked if they might be able to go and explore the rest of the house further, the sable female nodded and smiled, agreeing to show her around further. The ebony pelted female moved towards the door and opened it, stepping out into the corridor and beckoning the girl to follow her.
"Of course we can explore further, right then, this is Deuce's room here, she's... a very good friend of mine. Soran said, smiling at the younger female and pointing to the door next to her own. She could not help but smile as she thought of Deuce, her pale former mate who she still loved more than anything, she was a delight to be around and the sable female was hoping that they might be able to continue the love affair that they had never finished, they still loved one another, fate had decided to give them a second chance, so Soran hoped that Deuce, like her, would want to try again. She smiled at the younger girl, waiting for her to follow her, she would let Blind lead the way and fill in the blanks in her knowledge as they went.

[/html]
[html]

Finally! So sorry dear. To make up for the wait, I have a surprise for you...keep your eye on the CD threads Wink

Blind could tell that the level of comfort she felt around the dark woman was climbing. She experienced very fleeting moments of wondering whether this wolf might take the place of her long-passed mother, and this prospect somewhat excited her. She felt a bit proud that she had already made friends with her first encounter in the pack, but she knew that there were many more encounters to come, some possibly unpleasant. Blind tried to keep her nose up and not worry too much at the moment.

Following Soran out into the hall and stopping at the room she explained to belong to a creature called Deuce, Blind's ear twitched when she sensed the affection in the older woman's voice. She smiled a little, thinking that perhaps Deuce was another daughter or even a sister, and took a step forward down the hall. She looked around at the doors that lined the corridor, and she couldn't help but feel a sudden overwhelming happiness. She knew that she had stumbled upon her new home in the beginning when Soran had led her into the territory, but at this moment she could feel nothing but intense joy at the prospect of really having a permanent place to sleep...eat...make friends - she really was HOME. The young wolf's thoughts led her to look up at the dark female, her maw agape in a happy pant and her tail wagging energetically. She nudged Soran's hand affectionately with her nose, finally turning to look down the hallway again. Then, in a sudden realization, Blind's tail drooped as her tongue retreated and she asked, Um, Soran, where do I sleep?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Don't worry about the wait at all, my internet has been faulty for days so I have been majorly slow myself, you look positively speedy next to me XD And oohhh a present? I shall keep my eyes peeled Smile WC: 698

The ebony female was rather fond of the younger female, she could not help it, it suddenly occurred to her that in another lifetime this girl might have been her child; she was practically a combination of the dark female and her former mate actually, Blind having the same heterochromia that Deuce herself had and she almost matched Soran's own dark pelt, how different life could have been. It was rather amusing to the dark female that fate would lead the young girl here, Soran was more than happy to be a motherly influence in the girl's life and perhaps that was just what the young female needed at the moment, a mother, the sable female was sure that she could be a good mother if Blind wished her to be. The sable female smiled down at her as they walked into the hallway. The dark female wondered for a moment if the young girl had noticed the warm affection in her tone as she spoke of Deuce, the truth was that she still loved the pale female, she had always loved her, perhaps one day they would be able to be mates again, but for the moment they were simply contented with being close to one another. She smiled down at the younger girl as they walked together, her dark tail wagging as she padded next to he. She was enjoying seeing the lands through Blind's eyes almost, the dark female was fond of these lands, they were her home after all, but she never really thought on their wonders anymore, to watch a newcomer discover them, to realise how wondrous it must seem reminded the green eyed lady how pleased she was to have decided to come home. This place was her home once again, she had feared that she would not settle back in here gain, that she would return here and find it too changed, find herself too old to feel useful or at home here. But the fears had all been for nothing, she was loving every moment of being home once again, this place fitted to her perfectly, she hoped that her pack mates felt that she was as useful as she was beginning to feel that she was again. She felt that this was her perfect place, she hoped that the others felt the same as well, she hoped that Blind would grow to feel that way as well.

The dark lady smiled as they walked, moving the girl through the common rooms, gesturing to the library as they walked past it.
"This is the pack's library, it is filled with human books, I can teach you to read some of them if you would like?"Soran offered, smiling at the young female, she was trying to work out where to take the female next, the house was large and spacious and she would have to help the younger female decide on a place to stay. After all Soran was happy to share her room with the younger girl but she would more than likely want her own room eventually, there were plenty of rooms within the house, Soran was sure that they would be able to find somewhere suitable for the younger girl to sleep. The whole house was fairly safe and secure at least, hopefully even with the war the young girl would feel comforted and safe here. She smiled down at the younger female as she padded over and gently nudged at her hand, the sable female gently stroked the top of the brown female's head in a motherly way as she looked down at her. The girl then asked a question and Soran looked down at her. She asked where she would sleep, Soran looked around, wondering if the girl would want a room close to hers, simply to be close to a friendly face. She smiled down at the girl.
"Well there are plenty of available rooms here, would you like to have a look around and see if we can find an empty one that you can stay in?" The dark female asked, smiling down at the girl as she replied, gesturing back down the hallway.

[/html]
[html]

I'm kinda out of ideas, so you can wrap it up here if you want unless you had something else in mind Smile

The prospect of reading was exciting to the young wolf...even though she didn't entirely understand what "reading" was. It was enough of a change to validate her new life, but not so drastic that it permitted discomfort. Blind was beginning to feel more and more at home, and it helped that her new friend seemed more like a mother than a buddy. I would love to learn how to read... Blind exclaimed. What is reading, exactly?

There was so much to take in, Blind nearly missed Soran's question about the rooms. She was still trying to figure out their purpose and structure, let alone trying to decide which one might belong to her soon. There was nothing more confusing to her than the ways of the humans; her mother had told her stories when she was growing up. They seemed more fantasy than reality, but now she was standing where humans once stood, and the experience was almost ethereal. However, it was frightening all at the same time, for her mother had also told her the stories in which humans murdered innocent wolves to take their skins or simply to get them out of the way. Suddenly a frightening thought crossed her mind: Did these two-legged wolves have the destructive tendencies that actual humans did?

Blind hadn't noticed her steps had halted until she found herself shaking her head clear of her worries. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself down. Relax, Blind, she thought to herself, you're worrying too much again. The dark wolf looked up at the woman, her tail tucking instinctively in fear - suddenly the luperci looked like a monster towering over her. In an attempt to distract herself, Blind plopped down on her rear end and began scratching at her ear like mad with her good leg. She found that, when the fear and worries seemed overwhelming, this little tic helped guide her thoughts elsewhere. She chided herself for her oddities, yes, but it was a method that worked, and that's all she cared about.

Looking up at Soran once more, the woman that had appeared to be a monster only seconds ago was now a warm-smiled, caring creature. A soft grin crept across Blind's lips as she stood to survey the rest of her new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
That's fine with me if you're ready to close this up, it seems to be coming to a close anyway, how about one more post each after this one just to wrap it up? Smile

The tall ebony female was hoping that Blind would decide that she would like to stay in the house, she would of course be more then welcome to dig herself a den, but with the coming winter the chill would be a lot to cope with, especially as the younger girl had an injured leg, the dark female knew of the aches that could come with the cold when you had such an injury. Here in the house Soran knew that Blind would be safe, that she would be able to keep warm and fed and sheltered if she stayed within the house, after all Soran did not even know if the young girl would be up to digging her own den when she had an injured leg. The sable female smiled down at the young girl as she listened to her reply, ears turning to catch the sound of her voice, it was a sweet voice, much like Soran's own blood children, her daughters all seemed to have soft voices that were pleasant to the ear, well except for Dhalia, who had inherited her father's rougher voice to go with her father's less pleasant nature. Blind said that she would love to learn to read, which made Soran's tail wag lightly, she really did love being a teacher to those who were willing to learn, she had very much enjoyed teaching Zalen to read when she had met him all that time ago, she would be happy to do the same for Blind. Soran loved books, she loved any kind of writing, the ability to learn something from the words on a page was thrilling to her, as was the ability that the human story crafters had had to transport one to another world filled with mystery and excitement. Blind soon followed her interjection about wanting to learn to read with a question about what reading was, this caused a smile to play across the dark female's lips, she had the urge to chuckle a little but did not want the young girl to think that her newest friend was laughing at her, for that was far from the truth.
"Have you ever seen any of the old books that the humans left behind, the squiggly markings on pages? That is writing and learning to decipher them and knowing what they say, that is reading." The female explained, her tone warm and motherly.

She watched the girl as she seemed to suddenly grow nervous, she stopped walking and her tail tucked between her legs, Soran's face became a mask of concern, what had happened to the young girl in those moments that had suddenly made her seem so afraid. The dark female padded back to her, she had not noticed that the younger girl had stopped walking for a moment and so she was ahead of her. The dark female's brow furrowed as she looked at her, she mused over whether or not reaching out to lay a comforting hand on the girl would be a good idea, she decided against it as the girl sat down and began to scratch at her ear. Perhaps that had simply been in, she had had an itch, somehow though the ebony female doubted it, she worried that this was now all too overwhelming to the girl and that Blind was simply trying to hide that. The sable female forced a weak smile onto her lips and tried to look as relaxed as possible, in an attempt to calm the brown pelted female.
"Blind? Blind what is wrong my dear? What has happened?" She asked, her tone deeply concerned. As she said this a smile crossed over Blind's lips and she began to look around the house again, it seemed that whatever it was that was affecting her was fleeting thing at least. This calmed the dark female's worries a little.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 649
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

Sounds good Smile And then, I don't know how to move topics to the 'dead' forum, so I'll leave that to you Tongue

The young wolf didn't recall ever seeing what Soran described to be books, but she was sure her mother had told her about them some time in her life; Rhia was always telling her stories about the humans. So much so, in fact, that Blind often wondered if her mother would have preferred that life to the one she had. However, there were enough horror stories to rival the fantastic ones, so her wonders were only ever fleeting.

Blind looked up at Soran apologetically when the old wolf reacted to her panic, but that was the only response she gave. She didn't want this new friend - who could perhaps be seen as more of a mother now - to be offended by her silly ways, and she never indulged in the thought of revealing when she had these spells of worry anyway. Disclosing something like that would mean having to explain it, and even Blind didn't know the cause of these panic attacks. She had had them for as long as she could remember, but it was only recently that she had learned to conceal them. Her mother used to think she was demented because of them, and would always scold Blind for "acting in such disgraceful ways." Those words didn't strike up the desire for a "treatment" until much closer to her mother's death.

But Blind knew she didn't have to worry about the strange - and sometimes hurtful - ways of her mother anymore, for it seemed as though she had a new one. In the few hours that they had spent time together, Blind could see that she was more of a mother than her birth mom had ever been. Sure, she loved Rhia. But for every time that Rhia showed love to her daughter, there would be twice as many times that she would show distaste. Blind didn't resent her for it, but she certainly didn't grow closer to her mother for it either. Looking up at the dark female, Blind finally felt loved and appreciated. And if it happened to be her imagination conjuring up these feelings, she didn't care enough to chase them away. Deciding to respond a little differently to Soran's worry than she had before, Blind adjusted her pose and said, I'm fine...Mom.

The smile that followed was almost like a reflex.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Don't worry, leave it to me, do you know how to ask Erin or Alli for them to give you the points from your posts? I can help if you need it Smile WC: 657

The dark pelted female was a naturally motherly creature, it had not always been that way with the sable woman, she had hated being pregnant the first two times and had not been the best mother to her second litter, the truth was she had barely been a mother to them at all, she regretted this now, but at the time, when it had happened she had been completely unable to care for herself let alone for them. Khaden and Dhalia had been a product of rape and Soran was unable to look at them, she had drunk herself into sickness, it had been a long time before the sable female felt sane enough to come back and attempt to be a mother. She had been a much better mother to her eldest and youngest litters, they had had a close relationship, she loved them, she loved Khaden and Dhalia as well, but it had taken a long time for her to realise this. But now, now the dark female was a very attentive mother, as she had aged her nature had softened, she had become the mother that her pups had deserved, Conri had had a young mother that had been unsure of what to do with him, but he had never been short of love, the youngest litter had been doted on and adored. But Soran still felt guilty about her youngest litter, though she knew that at the time leaving them with Phasma had been the kindest thing that she had been able to do. Now though she was becoming a good mother, grandmother and great grandmother and she would not change her family for the world. If all went well with Deuce then the dark female would be gaining yet more family, she would have at least three step children, how strange that would be for the dark female, although she could not help but imagine that it would be wonderful. The dark female loved her family and was more than delighted that it seemed to have been growing.

The ebony female was worried for the young brown female, the young girl seemed to have something on her mind, something that had concerned her. The dark female had no idea what it could have happened to cause the young female to react in such a way, she knew that there had been a lot to take in for the young female, she had joined a new pack, seen new wolves, learnt about shifting into being a Luperci, she could very well be overwhelmed. The sable mother moved closer to the young female as she looked at her apologetically, this made the ebony mother worry more and she moved to rest a gentle hand on her shoulder, she smiled at the young female, attempting to be comforting, she crouched beside her. All of a sudden the young female spoke, saying that she was fine, that relieved the dark lady, but then the young female ended her sentence with mom, that was a staggering thing for her to have said to the dark female. She wondered if she had said it by accident, but then again she had said it with such certainty, the dark female smiled broadly as she said that, moving to stroke the young female's cheek in a motherly fashion. She could feel her heart warm as she thought on what the young female had said. She moved to stand, smiling down at the young girl.
"Thank you my darling, I am glad that you are alright. Come on then, let's find you somewhere to sleep." The dark mother replied, gesturing for the small female to follow her down to corridor so that they could find Blind a bed to sleep in. There were plenty of rooms that the young female could sleep in, after all there were plenty of spare rooms that Soran was sure that the young female would like.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]