Character help?
Alright, if I can I want to bring in my fourth character next week. Could you guys let me know what you think of him?

Name: Otis Elmer Grey

DOB: January 1, 1999

Species: Grey Wolf

Luperci: Yes, ortus

Fur: Medium grey that fades to white on belly and face; rather unkempt

Eyes: Red

General Physical Description: Is tall but really thin; looks very scraggly; would be handsome if gave hoot about his appearance; uses a walking stick; is rather healthy except for a slight limp in his right leg; does have arthritis

[html]
Precise Size
FormWeightHeightLength
Lupus70 lbs.28 in.70 in
Secui130 lbs.35 in55 in
Optime165 lbs6ft 3in--
Preferred Form: Optime
[/html]

Personality: crotchety; rather blunt; rude; sarcastic; meddlesome; is nice to kids and most females

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Biography: Otis was born 12 years ago to a pair of loners in England and was the only surviving pup. At a year, he left his parents and headed to the United States. He wondered around there for many years, gaining experience as a medic and generally surviving.

Yet not all was happy. A bear attacked him when he was 8 and although he fended off the bear, the bear grabbed his right leg with his jaws. He was able to attack it and make it let go before doing a massive amount of damage. He managed to heal it but was left with his leg being weak. Now he wants to settle someplace where he can die in peace, not that he plans on croaking.

NPC Companion: male European magpie named Louie; rather nice and pleasant; highly intelligent; likes to argue with Otis

Inventory: wood walking stick; old brown robe; worn leather bag with flint and steel, dagger, basic medical supplies
I, personally, am all for crotchety oldies Big Grin he sounds like he'd be great fun to play!
Kind of reminds me of Noelle's newest character :o but then again, old people all sound the same xDDD
I would definitely try to flesh the character out a bit -- since that is the point of asking for help! 8) It would help me personally to know more about them, since what you have is a good starting point, but there's not enough to give you much feedback.

I'd suggest trying to go through the RP Guide and seeing if it has any hints. The Member Guides on the Wiki have a ton of interesting stuff that all could help. While not totally relevant to character creation, the How to Keep it Real guide may help you think of how to realistically write a history for such an old character. The Character Ideas guide in particular has a lot of ideas and a big section on personality -- I'd probably try going through the first three sections first. Try answering some personality quizzes, or maybe just try fiddling with some write-ups and seeing which personality type your character is. The Myers-Briggs has a lot to choose from. You don't have to pick just one, either!

I hope that helps! Smile