Am I ready to go?
[html]

OOC All welcome. Orin could use someone to help her get the hang of the horse thing. She's had minor experience with horses, and is taking what she hopes to be a very well trained mare on her trip. Other preparation help or goodbyes are totally accepted too, even if a character just pops in for a post or two and back out.

Word Count → 400+

It was time to get a move on. She knew she was going and didn't want to put off preparing any longer. It was important to leave on time, because the sooner she left the sooner she would be back, yet there were so many things to be done! She had entrusted the care of her new pet cow to the stablehand, and the care of her adolescent daughters to Shawchert and the pack, and those two things alone already felt like a burden she could not leave behind.

What if something happens to the girls while I'm gone, she worried as she moved into the stables, her presence greeted by several clopping hooves and snorts of welcome. Usually when a random pack member entered the stables, one of the horses received a treat. Orin didn't know which of the community mares she was taking with her, so for the last several days had hoped to grease their palms and better their opinion of her with lots of snacks. Now, both mares saw her come in, and nickered happily.

“So, which one of you two are horse enough for the job? We've got a lot of ground to cover, but I'm a light burden, and I'm not packing much to bring either,” she talked to them in a soothing tone, offering fresh apples and carrots to each. The mares greedily munched them down, approving of the offering. “Can't say that we'll be traveling back as light as we're leaving, though. And I might need one of you who won't work another little creature to death... that is, if I find what I think might be out there..” her voice trailed off as her vague statement led into a personal thought. She remembered those animals from the books... some sort of strange camel-like creature that was not too large but terribly useful. It could pull carts, carry packs, climb mountains, and if you were slight of build (like Orin) you could ride them as well. She hoped she could find one for her new collection of livestock. She wondered what the cow would think of a llama. She glanced over her shoulder at the animal that she'd been housing here, it's jaw still churning, remembering that the cow didn't seem to think much of anything at all.

“Cow, you need a name,” she said, moving away from the stabled mares and over to the hay patch that was the animal's litter. She put her hands on either side of the bridle she had affixed to her days ago and looked her in the eye. “S.... Sooo... No. Beesss... no... Sor... uh... Soraya! What do you think? Soraya the Cow?” She beamed with pride at the name. “Soraya the Cow.”

<style>
.moocow .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.moocow p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.moocow b {color:#fff096; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.moocow {background-color:#7495fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rqf68.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#072530; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.moocow .inner {margin:0px 10px 370px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.moocow .wordcount {color:#fff096; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #072530; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
Shiloh had left the house that night when Saxif had left and went to the stables with her covers and happiness in her heart. She missed Katelyn horribly and she knew she owed her horse part of her life for keeping her warm. She had entered the stables to much nickering and happy clops but it was the grey and white dappled mare she was more happy to feel and be with. Only her horse understood her emotions and didn't judge her. She went to her pin and opened it before going in and latching it again. It wasn't as big as AniWaya's stables but she knew it would work. As Katelyn nudged her she let her tears flow freely and letting her horse calm her. Katelyn just knew and laid down so Shiloh could lay with her. Soon the grey woman and her mare were asleep without much said. Shiloh had taken the pouch Kyra had slept in and found that Kyra had left. She took off her necklace that Saxif insisted she wear and put it in the pouch. She just couldn't find it in herself to wear it anymore. Not with knowing that she was losing Saxif's love for her. It had been the first night since she had got there that she didn't have nightmares and she knew she would be staying with Katelyn from now on.

Shiloh had awoken from her slumber with Katelyn by the happy nickers of the horses again. Someone was in the stables. She shifted to her secui form before opening the latch and running at the person that just so happened to be right across from her. She jumped on said person and knocked the stranger down and pinning them to the ground. She bared her teeth and growled low in her throat before noticing who it was. "O...Or..Orin.... I... I am so s..so...sorry," she stuttered before getting off her. She pulled back and went to the other side of the stables by Katelyn who touched her face softly.
[html]

Word Count → 400+

If only Orin had known that somebody slumbered among the bedding in one of the horse’s pens she might have called out so they knew she was there. She especially would have announced her presence if she had known it was Shiloh, and if she had known that this was the very scene that happened just before Shiloh’s cruel beating that had her and her mate fleeing from AniWaya. Just before the women fled their homelands and sought refuge in Cercatori d’Arte Shiloh had been resting with her loyal mare when two savage men dragged her out of the stable and beat her mercilessly. There was no reason for the men’s violence other than vehement patriotism… patriotism that was placed in a pale shell of what AniWaya was meant to be, and their loyalty for the tyrant who had taken over.

But Orin knew none of this, and so hadn’t said anything until she started talking to the animals. Her voice echoed hollowly in the empty corners of the stables and was masked by the sounds of the animals – the hens as they pecked, the horses’ hooves, and even the cow’s occasional farts – so by the time it made it to the stall in which Shiloh slept it was distorted and foreign, so it was no wonder that the mistreated woman didn’t recognize her voice.

“Mrrrr…” was the cow’s unenthusiastic response to its new name. Even though it seemed to care less about its title Orin took the response as an approval. She nodded back to the cow but just as she was about to continue her conversation with the animals something crashed into her back!

“Ahh!” She screamed as she was flung forward, an incredible weight colliding with her spine. She felt a few vertebrae pop as she crashed to the ground, but luckily there was a pile of hay there to break her fall. She wasn’t hurt too badly, but she was shaken and scuffed.

The moment the weight was off her back she twisted around to face her attacker, all teeth and claws. Her hands went up to protect and slash back, but a second later she recognized Shiloh as she retreated and the fury melted from her eyes. Her heart drummed in her chest, making her ears throb with the sound. “Oh my god, Shiloh, it’s you,” she panted. “You scared the daylights out of me. What in the world do you think you’re doing?!”

<style>
.moocow {background-color:#7495fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rqf68.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#072530; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.moocow .inner {margin:0px 10px 370px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.moocow .wordcount {color:#fff096; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #072530; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
Shiloh kept her eyes low and her ears pinned as she went to Katelyn's pin. The horse nudged her little form softly and Shiloh shifted to hug her horse and cry. She had been having nightmares and hearing but not seeing who was in the stables had brought those memories back. The pain and hurt she kept feeling in her dreams and the demon she saw in Saxif. Orin wouldn't understand. She wouldn't understand just how badly she had been beaten just because she wouldn't submit. She wouldn't understand the orange eyed demon that kept coming up like bile in her mates eyes. How she honestly felt unloved and unwanted by even Orin.

The moment Orin had turned on her with teeth and claw Shiloh knew that she was not different then the others. She could and most likely would hurt Shiloh in some way and Shiloh just couldn't deal with that emotionally or physically anymore. The moment she had head Orin's distorted voice she had thought Rain had found her again and this time he would kill her. He had already done so much to her. She was slowly losing her mate. She had given up on making friends or even getting close to other wolves because she knew she was horribly disfigured. She knew deep deep deep down inside her no one would look past the scars on the outside to even think about fixing want was messed up on the inside. Shiloh looked at Orin softly before telling her why she had attacked her.

"I ha...hav... have be...been h.... having ni... nightmares. Yo... you s... sounded lik... like them. I...I th...thoug....thought yo...you were g...go...going to hu...hurt me li...like they did. I..I a...am so...sor...sorry i..if I hu...hurt you. i..I knew I...sh...should ha...have stayed at th...the house bu...but m..my horse is ..th...the only th...thing th...that ca calms me and l..loves me," she stuttered uncontrollably. She remembered a time when she had no stutter. Saxif had given her the strength to stop stuttering and be confident. Now she just felt weak and useless to anyone and every one she came in contact with.
[html]

Word Count → 400+

She stood up and brushed herself off while Shiloh moved back into Katelyn’s stall. As she picked a strand of hay out of her fur she turned her golden eyes to the broken tribeswoman, her eyebrows pursing with worry as she watched her snuggle up to the horse. It seemed her relationship with the creature was the only thing that could soothe her.

“I’m fine, Shiloh, really,” she said with a sigh. One last look told her there was no more debris in her pelt, so she walked over to Katelyn’s stall and leaned against the sturdy wood. That pain of Shilohs’ overwhelmed her again, filling the air and darkening her heart. She felt so bad for the woman – if it was this bad to be around her, she could only imagine what it was like to be her. Sure, Orin had her issues, but at least she was working them out. She wondered if Shiloh even had a chance, and the answer that whispered from her heart disappointed her.

“I understand why you’re here,” she interrupted as Shiloh tried to explain why she wasn’t at home. “No one expects you to sit around cooped up all the time. You need Katelyn and Katelyn needs you. It’s okay, a lot of people have a tight bond with their pets. As do you. Right now she gives you something you need that no one else can give you.” Peace. She moved into the stall and gently pet the mare’s nose. The creature could smell the sweet odor of the treats she’d been feeding the other horses, and she laughed softly as Katelyn searched her hand for a snack.

“I’m sorry girl, I gave them all away already. Ok ok, I’ll find you something,” she crooned to Katelyn and then slipped out of the stall, returning a moment later with a carrot which quickly disappeared into the horse’s happy jaws. After the treat was gone she turned to Shiloh, the mirth from petting Katelyn melted away and was replaced by the same look of concern she always gave the woman.

“I’m going to be gone for a few weeks,” she said softly, resting a gentle hand on Shiloh’s shoulder. “I want to visit a few packs and see if I can trade for anything that would be useful for Cercatori for the winter before the snow comes, and I am going to see family in Cour des Miracles too. Are you going to be okay while I’m gone?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of character text here.

Shiloh leaned into Orin's soft touch. Something about this woman seemed to also bring her calm and Shiloh turned and hugged her softly. "You will be missed my friend but I do not think I will be here when you return. I feel something is going to happen and I am going to have to leave. Just know that I love you and hope to see you sometime in the future," she whispered against Orin's neck as she took in her scent. This was most likely the last time they would ever see each other and Shiloh knew that she owed Orin a lot in the short time they had been together. The woman understood her on a whole different level and somewhere deep inside Shiloh she wanted to be with Orin. For the understanding and compassion and over all completeness Orin gave her.

"I guess this good bye. I have something for you Orin. I made it while I was recovering. It was my craft before the rape. I know its a little crude but I make them for people I get close to. I wanted you to have this carving as a way to show our friendship," she said pulling out a small cow figurine for Orin. The cow was kind of a joke because Orin had never seen one. " Now you know what a cow looks like when you see one," she said, tying the figurine to her neck with a leather strip. Shiloh smiled some but kept her eyes low, scared of what Orin would think if Kavi came out. Saxif hated Kavi and from the moment Saxif had told Shiloh that she didn't like her Shiloh had kept her eyes down the whole time. She feared others reactions to her other and found it was easier to keep her eyes low so not to scare them away. She could see Orin without looking at her directly.

<style>
.shilohloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.shilohlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.shilohlove p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shilohlove b {color:#E8EDCA; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shilohlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4E6A1E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:381px;}
.shilohloveinner{background-color:#9DBD67; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ohtab2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #66793C; width:381px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 300+

She raised a hand and ran it through a lock of Shiloh’s hair, staring into her eyes with compassion. A cold fist seized her heart when the woman said that she would be leaving. Her brows knotted up. “Are you sure you’re going to have to go? I’ll be back in just a few weeks time. It’s a trading mission, mostly, and just for information if I can get it. I’ll be going to Cour des Miracles to see my brother and his children and then I think I’m going to go meet that newer pack… Ichy… Itchy… Ichika? Since winters coming I might be able to bring you back something to keep you warm.” She didn’t want the woman to go, but the one thing she could say to keep her there would have been a lie, and she couldn’t do that to Shiloh or Kavi’s heart.

When Shiloh produced the trinket that was to be their parting gift Orin’s eyes brightened. She took the figurine in her hand for a moment to inspect it, laughing at the joke. Orin hadn’t know what Soraya was when she found her, it was Shiloh who had to teach her. Now, she would always know, thanks to Shiloh. She returned it to Shiloh so the woman could help fasten it around her neck. Once it was on her fingers brushed the coarse carving.

“I love it!” She tried to arch her neck and look down at the trinket. Already the crest of fur on her chest was beginning to swallow it, but the cow’s head still poked through. “I’ll wear it always. I’m sure it’ll keep me safe on my trip.”

She smiled and hugged the woman again, then after a moment of pause she stepped back and turned toward the horse stalls. “I’m not sure which mare to take. I’ve been buttering them up for weeks so they’ll like me. I don’t know the first thing about horses though except how to barely stay in the saddle. I’m sort of hoping one of them will guide me.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
Shiloh looked down. She wanted to stay with Orin. The woman had made her feel normal when Saxif couldn't and for that Shiloh loved her. Shiloh had laid awake many a nights trying to figure out the right thing to do. She had come to the conclusion that if Saxif didn't really love her she would leave. Shiloh knew deep deep down that Saxif would never accept her like Orin and for that fact alone she was leaving d'Arte.
"I am sorry Orin but I feel I have have been here too long. My mate can't love me.... you can't love me and for that fact I must leave. Someone out there will be able to love me and accept me and my faults. I am just waiting for them to find me.... Who knows. I might end up in this Ichika you speak of," she said with a small smile.

Shiloh laughed at Orins expression when she figured out what the figurine was. "I thought it would be funny to see your expression when you saw it. I only give these to people I have come to love and hold close to my heart. You will forever be one of those people Orin. Thank you for your time and kindness. Most people aren't like you.... she said as she tied the necklace around Orin's neck. She felt a pang of sadness wash though her as she thought about Saxif and how she had given her a necklace similar to this one.

She had been lost in thought when Orin told her she couldn't ride a horse. Katelyn nudged Shiloh softly and looked at Orin. "I can teach you how to ride a horse. Katelyn likes you so I don't think she will mind you learning. I think the spotted one would be a great horse. She is kind and easy to ride. Come out to the paddock with her and I'll teach you if you want," she said softly