The "RL-OL" balance.
Like the life/work balance, get it? XD -Coughs.-

So I realise this might sound silly/whiny/whatever, since I know some of you juggle a LOT more than just a job and 'Souls (i.e. toss in school or parenthood on top of all that), but I ... just don't know how y'all do it. I've been struggling to post during the week at all now, and while I don't mind playing catch up on weekends, I feel bad for my thread partners. :/

Right now, my average work day goes: wake up at 8:30, get ready to be out the door by 9:45, get home around 7:30. My job isn't hard exactly, in the sense I feel like I could be replaced by a robot or well trained monkey, but it does require a lot of focus & attention to detail, which is really exhausting to me. By the time I get in, I feel too all over the place to post, like I just wanna space out and watch TV or something.

Anyway, I realise a lot of my time gets eaten up in bed (hurhur, not like that, pervs |Smile. I really require 8 hours of sleep to function. Blah blah, point of all that is I have about 5 hours when I get home to myself. Some of that goes into showering, eating dinner, any laundry/cleaning that has to be done, etc. But I feel like I should *really* be able to post at least *once* during this time, and it never seems to happen.

So what I'm wondering is... how do you guys find the time/motivation to post around a busy day? Hypothetically I could have some tea when I got home or something, but then I'm afraid I'd never get to sleep. :/ Any tips, advice, or anecdotes would be appreciated <333
what I used to do was bring my laptop to work with me back when i had huge ammount *can't do that now after my son's tore it up* and write up posts to be tossed on souls when i have the internet. I'm thinking of possibly prining these things out now, though that wil take ink and paper... but as for now, I try to set aside an hour or half an hour a day, either really early in the morning or late in the afternoon, i can manage 3-5 posts in the hour. Depending on my muse and how long i write (me having read the post already and just skimming through it again to answer). Other than that I'm magical!!
Mmm, you know, I hadn't thought of that. o_o At my first job, I had almost infinite computer time so I got a lot more posting done--and at the two after that, I at least had time to think about posts I'd read earlier in the day during downtime. At this job, though, there is no downtime. If you've got nothing to do for even 30 seconds you feel weird and people start griping at you to get back to work 9_9

I think setting aside an hour is a good idea, though. I am mega slow and might be lucky to get two posts done in that time, but at least it would be something. Maybe 10-11, since that would give me enough time to get in the door, eat, shower, and do whatever else, plus enough time afterwards to unwind before bed. Big Grin
I get up every weekday morning at 5:45 to get ready for 6:30 and get to work for 6:45 to start at 7 and then finish at 4:30. The way I do it is like Shaw kinda said, I print off the posts that i need to reply to, i usually use z small font and letter size to get more out of my paper, then during my breaks I usually manage to get a few written and then when I get home, I do all my things; shower, washing, food and then I just type up the posts and post them before I go to bed, if I can get any more out in the time then great, if not then no biggie.

Thats how I do it anyway x.x
Dylan has so many toys that he plays with them and when he don't want to play with them, I normally get down on the floor and play with him. It might be 2 mins, it might be an hour or so, but once he shows me he wants alone time(shutting his door, not listing to me) I get back to my computer. Then I look around souls to see what I need to post to, and then play around on gaia and facebook. Then most of the time I end up watching Dylan and yelling at him because he's climbing. I check Denver school work, and then starting soon I'll be checking mine. Then normally my ADD and or depressing kicks in and I wonder away. Then come midnight I'm yelling at my-self for no post so I make some making it about 3 or 4 am before I get to bed.
I have an equally ridiculous work schedule, so I can sympathize like whoa. A good idea, and one that I find myself doing more often than not, is to focus on either a single thread you're really into OR to pick one of the ones nearing completion. Sometimes I just go through my log, though I really, really need to update it. <<
I have to wake up almost every day at 6:00 to get ready to leave at 7:30 with my mother and sister, leave sis at school, and go to my mother's office. There i have enough time to check my posts and write a bit before i have to go to school (1:30). I leave school at 7:oo or 7:50 depending on the day, and arrive home at 8:20. So, what i do is read the posts thoroughly and write my answers by hand whenever i have a refreshment. Even if it is not exactly what i am going to post, like this i take less time to reply threads.
When I was without internet for five weeks, I would copy and paste posts onto .rtf or .word docs and transfer them to my phone to respond. Once I had two or three responses typed up, I'd find a computer with internet and then copy and paste my responses.

Now, I also copy and paste the two most recent posts onto Google Docs so I can respond without distractions (and when I get bored of schoolwork).
I'm ridiculosly sad :|

I wake up at 7am, get showered and dressed, check 'souls on my ipod before I go to school. Check 'souls but never post in my spare time in school and head back home to spend the night posting.

On the weekends it goes. wake up, post for most of the day, maybe go out for a bit, back posting until late into the night and bed.

But it's so worth it XD
I am usually suffering from an equally ridiculous work schedule and my Android phone is my savior. I write posts on breaks and lunch. Sometimes I can manage to get 2 or 3 done on slow days. Busier times I'm lucky to get one. I use Google docs to store all my tables and write the post right into the table file, this method doesn't change from pc to phone. Although here in the past week my usual app has ceased to sync with docs and I had to download the Google docs app. It's a little more difficult on the editing end, but it automatically updates the file so I don't have to reload it. And it took me some time to figure out how to copy the whole file to post it, but I've figured that out now.