when tomorrow never comes
-set in Shiloh hills

She had set out for Twiligt Vale once more to see if Kansas had finally made it, she didn't know if Conri had been mistaken or if perhaps Naniko had just met Kansas within days of her conversation with her mate. Smiling to herself at the though of Conri's own misgivings she sighed and moved on. She knew the boy would pull through his slump and everything would be fine in the end, but for now she had other worries on her mind, like her own children.

Iskata knew that Conri and Naniko would take good care of her son, but she just wanted to see if he was well and happy. She didn't doubt one bit that he might be depressed at being in Twilight Vale, she knew he loved his adopted sister. Pausing for a second she sat back and stared over the hills she was crossing, somewhere nested deep at their core was where Naniko's pack had settled down. She let loose a jaw cracking yawn as she sat in the brilliant sunlight and enjoyed the coming summer's heat. She'd rest a few moments before continuing on.
[html]

---

[Image: spacer.jpg]

Blood was gone, and the only visible physical mark was a blue mark after a powerful hand on her right front leg. The ivory female was back in her usual wolf form. Yet mentally she was as wounded as ever. Paranoia had attached itself to her in the same way as gravity forced everything to the ground. She was scared and miserable, alone and full of misery. She was afraid he would come after her. She stayed close to the Twilight Vale borders, but a well known scent had forced her out of her shell and her sanctuary. Iskata Sadira, her last mate’s sibling. Both of her ex-mates’ sibling actually. The Sadira blood line did not run with her, but she was a part of it, and her children had all the genes. Ceres had been a friend and a mother in many ways, not just her alphess. Colibri saw all Sadiras as family.

She moved swiftly, and when the other female was revealed, she saw the female had seated in the sunlight. She moved to Iskata’s front, and they both were able to see each other before they were close enough to exchange vocal communication. Despite her well being, Colibri lifted her tail and wagged happily, and her ears perked up towards the beautiful daylight. She could not stop liquid from emerging in her eyes, and she stopped up for a moment and blinked desperately, then simply accepted the fact that it was extraordinary good to see the creamy female again. She did not stop before her black nose nuzzled into the well known fur of the relative she had not seen for so extremely long.

Iskata..

[/html]
Iskata was more than surprised when the form of her brother's mate came into view, she could remember the last time she'd seen her.. her own youthful temper had got the best of her as she'd spat bitter words at the girl who'd passed along her siblings one by one. Over time though she'd learned to pity the ivory female, especially after Lisi had taken Konane as mate after the terror that Colibri had received. That was then and this was now though, and the past was better left there, in the past. Raising her head to greet the woman who was moving towards her Iskata didn't even get a word in as the soft snow white pelt crashed into her creamy silver and gold hued fur.

The warm breath on her skin and the murmured name made Iskata stiffen slightly before she relaxed and nuzzled her muzzle along the Ivory wolfess' ears, sheltering the lady against her chest ruff as she whispered. "Colibri.. what's wrong..." she'd caught the tears in the other's eyes as she'd moved towards her, and now she could feel them dampening her fur. She feared for a moment that Colibri already knew the things she'd done to cover up her son's sins, but after a moment she shook her head slightly trying to reassure herself that it had to be something else.. Perhaps the poor soul just knew what exactly her son had done.
[html]

---

Her memory faded slowly away like everything good. The past had faded away and Iskata was a friendly face in a lonely place. She needed them more than ever before. She had never before had someone she could classify as a mortal enemy. She was not rejected, and so Iskata was hereby a friendly creature she would somewhat be able to rely on. What was wrong? Oh, everything was wrong. The ivory female had missed out on so much, but she had caught that Iskata was a mother, and so mother to mother, they had the chance to understand each other finally. At least in this matter.

A child of mine is lost, and my life is over. Oh dear. More tears emerged and a sob violently sounded in her throat. She couldn’t handle it.

[/html]
Iskata was baffled by the words that Colibri spoke, she drew back from the female and stared at her hard, the confusion showing in her eyes as she sputtered out a reply. "What? What are you talking about? I've seen them all within the past moon.. they're all.. here." she stumbled over the words as her mind was thinking on Haku, he might be here, but in a way he was very much lost to the world. Iskata pawed at the ground nervously as she glanced at Colibri, it was more than obvious that she was scared and upset about something.. but Iskata wasn't for sure if she understood this.

Leaning forward to nuzzle the ivory lady again she shook her head and guessed the problem at hand, if she was wrong.. then sh'ed just make Colibri's life worse, or she could just lie her way through it.. sometimes lies were for the best. Murmuring to the lady she dropped the question, "This is about Haku.. isn't it?" She hated the fact that she never sought out Colibri once she knew what the male had done, but she couldn't fix that now, but she was here for the ivory woman and she wasn't leaving.
[html]

---

Iskata drew away and spoke, and in her own confusing, Colibri realized that she had been quite concrete with her words. It was actually what had happened though, but her son was not properly dead yet, only his old self, the self that Colibri had loved and seen grow up before she left her post to wander the boulevard of broken dreams. She shook her head and closed her eyes tightly together, trying to make some sense in her head that she could put down with words for Iskata to understand. Nevertheless, before she had gathered herself, the sister of her ex mate spoke up, and gray eyes widened slightly. The other knew. What exactly did she know?

A hiccup, that was all, her crying stopped instantly. Yes. The answer was too simple, and she had stopped in her planned track of bursting out about that she had tried to end Haku’s life. .. How did you know? You’ve met him?.. She did not know what question to ask, but she knew instantly it was something terrible. Her eyes searched the other female questionably, begging the other female to reveal the information about her son that she was carrying.

[/html]
Her troulbed eyes told it as as she asked Iskata how or what she knew. The silver and gold lady sadly shook her head as she gazed down at her paws, scuffing the ground softly as she spoke. "I.. found him, afterwards.." she raised her head sharply and studied Colibri's face, the want and need present there, though Iskata was unsure if the lady would forgive her for the things she'd done for the lost little child within. Casting her eyes away she sat there quietly as she tried to still her thundering heart. She'd never wanted to tell anyone of the things she'd done that day, but she had and she realized it had been easier to speak to the others about it than to the woman before her.

Finally she turned back to Colibri with a pleading in her eyes, afraid of what the lady might think of her, afraid she didn't even care. "He broke down like a lost child.. I couldn't leave him there like that.." She shook her head as she tried to rid her mind of the things he'd done, her eyes misted over as she whispered harshly. "Do you know the things he's done.." she thought she knew the answer already, those looks, the way she spoke, the begging in her eyes, but Iskata herself had to know.
[html]

Im so sorry! Sad I will probably get to our hakuxfirefly thread today as well, im trying to catch up with my postlog now! q__Q stress

Afterwards? Platinum eyes attempted to catch the younger female’s gaze, but Iskata simply stared down at her feet as she spoke the confusing words. When the Sadira’s eyes rose and connected to hers, Colibri just kept the confused gaze up, because that was what she was in truth. Afterwards what? She let the female speak, and bit her lips as she realized that she knew far less about her son than she had believed she did. What had he been doing while roaming around the borders of his family’s pack? She inhaled sharply, holding in her breath and stared at the cream female in front of her, shaking her head slowly from side to side, a white tail lurking between her back legs. This would not be pleasant.

What has he done, Iskata? I do not know what you are talking about. A shiver went through her, and she sat down, tired as always, now with additional weight upon her shoulders. When would the madness finally end?

[/html]
Iskata could scent the fear on the ivory lady as she suddenly realized that she had guessed wrong. Colibri didn't know a thing that her son had done, or atleast the horrifying things that she should have known. Iskata's eyes shown with sorrow as she sighed softly and explained her spatter of words she'd spoken of mere moments before. "Colibri.. After Mew had been attacked on Inferni's lands Haku went.. to deliver his own form of justice." she hesitated for a few seconds before her voice came back clearly. "He raped and beat the coyote who hurt her.. but that wasn't it." Iskata moved closer to Colibri and nuzzled up against the female as she tried her hardest not to let her words fail, knowing that she didn't want to see the scene again when it still haunted her dreams.

She couldn't help but faulter though as she tried to be strong. "He killed a mother and child..." she wouldn't go any further, she wouldn't see the massacre once more she'd witnessed after her nephew had revealed to her the deeds he'd done, the job he'd done. She shook her head and gazed ahead. "He broke down like a scared babe whimpering and crying when I found him... At first I didn't believe what he told me.. I had to see for myself.." she swollowed the lump that was forming in her throat as she stared ahead, trying to blink away the memories.
[html]

Mew had been attacked, that she had know, even been there as her daughter had given birth to the stillborn. After the brief mentioning of Mew, hell broke loose. Ears glued tight against her skull as Iskata told of the Haku’s way of treating the coyote responsible for his sibling’s injuries. The milky white female stood frozen as the relative came closer and nuzzled up against her. If the rape and violence had been bad enough, the next words that sounded from Iskata made it so much worse. The other female even had problems with saying it. It had not been very pretty, then. Her son could not be patient enough to go to hell, so he seemed to attempt creating one here. It was all so wrong.

She could not believe this, how someone could take the life of a child. It had happened in the past, and every time a new incident came up to the surface, her heart was pierced. Every time. Syliat was long gone, and so were the children the demon had killed. A mother never did forget her children though, and Colibri still held the pain in her heart. She did not understand what Iskata actually meant when she spoke of when she had found Haku afterwards. It seemed so not like the being he was. He did not cry, did not whimper, did not fear. He was not capable of it. Or, that was what she had believed, but obviously she was deadly wrong. Had it been guilt and regret?

And what did you see? There was thick ice in the five years old’s voice now. It was not directed to Iskata, but it was the new shock slowly creeping in under her skin and filling her with winter.

[/html]
The icy words that crept from the woman before her didn't surprise the lady, she could still remember the way Colibri had been so long ago. She stood there silently, no answer coming to her maw as she tried to figure out exactly what to say. When it came down to it she didn't gave the lady an answer, instead she asked her if she was really ready for what the silver and gold lady had to say. "Colibri... Do you remember when Summer killed Siondaite's daughter..." she looked to the ground as she asked, the messed up twisted war between the lady of Chimera and Siondaite of Clouded Tears was long ago, but Iskata could still remember what she'd happened upon that had, what the beta of Chimera had done to the innocent child, worse than what Haku had done when he'd made his show of modern art with the blood and gore. She turned away from Colibri and closed her eyes.

When she'd opened them again she spoke of what the male had done, though not the whole story. "He did to the mother what Summer had done to Sion's daughter. It was like he'd made childsplay out of the work he'd done. It wasn't just senseless murder, it was like he'd made a display of what he'd done. Almost.. lovingly." She knew what she was saying, another in her past had made his sick twisted ways a loving art with no thought to those unwillingly involved. She shook her head and raised her eyes to meet those of Colibri's.
[html]

She waited. There was nothing else to do. Instead her body stirred a second time as Iskata asked if she remembered when Summer killed Siondaite’s daughter. The question shook her out of the thoughts of her son’s madness for a few seconds. What Iskata was not aware of, was that Summer had been Colibri’s beloved adoptive mother. She could never have imagined that her mother would have done such a thing to another. Why was the world falling down on top of her? Had she really deserved it that badly? A shiver went through the ivory being, and she closed her eyes slowly and shook her head to the question. No, she did not remember, had not heard of it.

Almost… lovingly. It was wrong, so terribly wrong. The snow kissed female opened her colorless eyes and let them meet up with Iskata’s. What did Summer do with Siondaite’s daughter? What did Haku do? It was terrible to pressure Iskata like that, but Colibri herself was drowning under the ice at the same time. She just.. needed to know, had to know. Also now when the mentioning of Summer popped up as if from nowhere. Colibri knew her beloved adoptive mother was long dead and gone, although she had never heard anyone confirm she was dead. She was gone, and had been gone for too long. Unlike Colibri, Summer had never left her children, never left the little ivory child with the sad eyes.

[/html]
She shook her head, trying to clear her mind of the memories of so far ago but it was no use, she'd been there when Siondaite had discovered what had happened. She'd known how Konane had taken the deed her own mother had done, but in the end it hadn't mattered, hearts had been broken and yet seasons go and like always the past was buried like the dead beneith the soil of time. She raised her sun shot sapphire eyes to Colibri and spoke softly. "Summer tormented the child, making the event last and leaving the child to die. The wounds she'd suffered were too much to live through.. If she had lived she'd have been crippled and useless. The boy witnessed it all, he was never right in the head since. I'm not certain if he's even alive now.." she finished the words quietly and looked off in the distance before finishing. "Summer did it because she thought Siondaite had killed her daughter Konane.. Konane had fallen in the river and Sion had saved her and brought her back to Clouded Tears. Konane wanted nothing to do with her mother afterwards.."

She looked back to Colibri for a moment before her eyes trailed to her feet as she openned up the truth of her son finally. "Haku left the mother in such a state that you wouldn't have been able to tell who or what she was. He'd ripped her insides to shreds and the whole of the scene was nothing but blood and gore.. The child he'd strung up in a noose and left to die." She was quiet a moment before she finally looked to the other's face. "I'm sorry Colibri.."
[html]

Colibri remembered when Konane had popped up, but.. Was this something she had forgotten? Oh no. No, no, no! She remembered that she had accepted that Siondaite took care of Konane and that the girl was allowed to stay in Clouded Tears. She was involved in everything. Her heart sank down to the soil and buried itself. When Iskata said what Haku did, she felt the bitter taste of stomach acid on the back of her tongue. The world darkened and she stumbled a bit. Her head felt way too light, and she was blind. She blinked in disbelief and tried to focus on the female, but let her eyes close and listened to the buzzing noise in her head.

She inhaled and exhaled three times before she tried to make her voice work. He must die. She gave a strangled hiccup and could feel her eyes begin to leak again. When did madness end. He is not the Haku I once knew, something has turned him into a monster. I.. tried to kill him, but I could not do it. He is still out there.. She sniffed and lowered her head, hiding her face.

[/html]
Iskata sat and gazed at her friend with sorrow in her eyes, she knew that she could have saved Colibri from the pain she was being dealt now had she backed away from the church and allowed Gabriel to have finished the job he'd begun. Iskata lowered her head in defeat and aknowledged the fact that Colibri had spoken. "I know Colibri, I know.." She turned her gaze away, afraid to see the look in the ivory lady's eyes when she told her the truth. "I know what you did because I saved him from death after you'd tried..." Her voice was firm when she spoke, knowing that Colibri wouldn't understand her unless she admitted the truth.

She looked back at Colibri with pain in her eyes as she told the story of why she'd stopped Gabriel from killing her son. "The leader of Inferni had cornered him.. and he would have killed Haku if I hadn't got between them." She shook her head as she admitted this, the words painful as she let them flow. "Gabriel killed my mate in one of the last wars between the packs and clan.. I thought I'd buried the pain aind hatred in the past, but I was wrong." She looked back to Colibri as she spat the last words out. "I saved him not because he deserved it but because Gabriel has taken too much from this family.. even if Haku deserves to die.. it's not at the hands of Inferni." Her hatred and fury at the past was something she'd always faught, trying to keep others from hating the clan just because of what they were. She didn't care if they were wolves or coyotes, it was the deeds they did that made her hate the individuals, not the whole.