crescendo
Set on September 30th. 3+[html]

A crescent moon was the last thing she saw, falling asleep in the room with the empty, broken window panes. The falcon-faced girl was still for a while, then her naturally dark eyelids started to flicker frantically. A dream face, grey furred and old eyed, spoke words of hatred. A fence moved inwards, until it was near enough to see the birds spiked on the wire barbs.

Caspa woke with an uncharacteristic whimper and lay panting. She had been uneasy lately; the winds seemed unfavourable. She had been sleeping unevenly since the pack meeting, which had held more than one anxiety. The announcement of a mysterious death, and the forced proximity to the man whose presence she had fled so ignominiously, drunken and awkward, and she'd both hoped he hadn't given her another thought since, and that he hadn't written her off as a lunatic. And she didn't want to think about it at all, anyway.

She rubbed her eyes, wearier than before sleeping. Noticing her fingers, she sighed. They were spindly - spidery. She had been spending too much time retreating into trances, and not enough taking care of herself, grounding herself in reality. Hardly eating, like a fool. Her birds would begin to lay in a few months, which would provide extra food, but she knew really that it was finding the time and inclination to eat that was hard. She found it so much easier to gain that sensation of ethereal spaciousness during meditation, so hard to describe but such a peaceful relief, with an empty stomach. And she loved the way her focus had improved since learning to concentrate her mind. She could juggle five separate objects now, and throw stones and knives very accurately. But real answers or enlightenment she had not found - nor was she entirely sure what the questions were.

October early hours were steely with cold, and she hugged a grey shawl close as she left the hotel, some of her plaits loose beside her face from the rough night's sleep. A pale gradient had begun to fade into the night sky and she followed it to a cove of soft grass and shallow cliffs, leading down to a crescent of surf, crowned with a chalky boulder which Caspa settled herself upon, crossing her legs and breathing deep. Her head was spinning, light. Silhouetted against the dawn she closed her eyes, and the earth fell away, leaving only silence.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This is such an interesting character and piece that I'm surprised no one has jumped on this thread. On that note, I couldn't resist Tongue I hope you don't mind. Although it's probably assumed, this post is back-dated to when you stated.

Blind had been wandering through the Eclipse for what seemed like ages; she'd had to stop and let out a grateful yip once the trees parted and she could see the sky once more. She could smell saltwater not far from where she was now, along with other scents she couldn't quite distinguish. Off in the distance, she could see more square dens like the ones that she had encountered in Halifax, later coming to find that they were what some called 'buildings'. This new world was taking some getting used to for Blind, but it was slowly becoming a part of her life, and she welcomed the change...most times.

After taking some time to heal from the bear attack, Blind had set out on her journey to her homeland once more, determined to find some answers to her questionable past. Her mother had kept much of it a secret from her, and the only reason she knew which way to go was because it seemed that her heart carried her there. As she wandered past trees and rocks and small creatures, it truly resonated with the young wolf just how far she had traveled since her journey began as a pup, and she wondered, however nervously, just how far her home really was from where she lived now.

It took Blind really stopping to ponder her life before she realized just how much of a nobody she really was. It was true that most creatures feel this way at one time or another, but she didn't have the normal experiences that most did to look back on as 'stepping stones' in her young life. All she knew was traveling, eating, sleeping, and talking with another canine here and there, and none of it felt like it had helped her realize who she was. Although it might have been a far-fetched idea, Blind hoped that by returning to her birthplace, she might finally realize who she was as a child, and who she was meant to become as an adult.

The strong scent of another canine suddenly snatched Blind's thoughts from her as she wandered further along the coast. And, not only could she smell canine, but she could smell birds as well. Perhaps I've stumbled across a farm? she thought. But that seemed absurd to have a farm so close to the ocean...didn't it?

As she moved closer, Blind spotted a slender creature perched among the rocks, peering down at the rolling saltwater. A long, black skin hung about the figure's shoulders, and its mane was tousled and loosely braided. She could smell fear on the creature - or perhaps just sweat - as she moved steadily closer. Finally, as her paws touched the shaky stones that lined the coast, Blind stopped a short distance from what she could now tell was a female, and she watched her curiously.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hey Big Grin Of course I don't mind!! I like Blind a lot.

IC
Stones plinked somewhere behind her. The sound seemed to come from very far away, but was such a small and insignificant one that the logical part of her mind immediately perked up, dispelling trance long enough to note that to hear such a thing at all must mean that something was happening close by. With each breath, the sound of the sea grew stronger and within seconds the real world solidified enough to taste the smell of the stranger. A female, of an unfamiliar pack - but the pack was unfamiliar to the other wolf, too; she had not been there long - the trace of it was still relatively weak about her. This was all that scent could tell Caspa, and perhaps it was more than it would tell others, or even herself at a moment further from the clarity of meditation.

She felt untouchable, but supposed that threat and danger did still exist, even if her physical body didn't seem to. If the approaching wolf was trying to steal up on her for some underhand purpose, Caspa would foil her, speaking to let her know she had been noticed. "Have you come far?" were the calmly pronounced words, spoken from an area of infinite spaciousness and peace that existed only inside the half-dog's head. She didn't just mean on this morning, but also before, before these lands and the pack that Caspa did not even recognise, not that anybody listening would have known.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Aw thanks! That makes me happy ^^

Blind froze as the woman spoke. She didn't know that her presence had been noticed, and now she hoped that this stranger wouldn't treat her approach with distaste - the last thing she needed was another attack. It took her a moment to decide how to react, but eventually she settled on trying to cooperate to the best of her ability, and Blind shook her head and replied, A ways, but I'm used to traveling. Do you live here?

At her question, Blind looked around at the coast and the old building that stood up not far from where they were. As threatening as it looked, it fascinated the young wolf to the point of wanting to check it out. She chuckled slightly; that thought would never have crossed her mind weeks ago.

Turning her attention back to the canine, she waited patiently for her answer. Blind sat on the sun-warmed rocks, however a fair distance away, and let her gaze fall to the water's edge. She wanted to make sure this woman understood Blind was no threat to her, and she knew that any bit of eye contact would portray just the opposite.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
3+

[html]

Please forgive Caspa acting strange - she'll snap out of it over the next few days x)

It was a polite and straightforward answer, and Caspa did not feel threatened, in her disembodied state, although she was weaker than she'd ever been and she cared as much about the stranger as if she had been a figment of her imagination. Perhaps it was, and perhaps she would gain wisdom through speaking to her, as a higher part of her mind. The white fleshless dog floated in between worlds, where nothing felt solid. Her answer came from this ambiguous place, "I am alive... and I am here..." Now she turned her head slightly, to give one eye a corner-view of the dark-pelted female, but no more than a snatched glance before the orb returned to the water's surface - or seemingly, a long-distance gaze that penetrated to the deepest depths of the ocean. "But I have never been here before," she eventually clarified, relenting a little from riddles to give an answer that might have been more what the other wolf had in mind. Caspa was not a resident of this particular stretch of coast - hers was further along. She spoilt the effect moments later by adding "of course, it might only seem that I am here; this could all be a night-time picture or the dreams of a troubled mind, or we could be figures of death, both or either one..." She hardly knew what she was saying, her mind was only half on her words - and half of it felt like it wasn't made of words at all. Her breaths were drawing slower than ever, and the earth span gently around her. If she didn't eat something soon, she might faint; she didn't know that, though. There was a gentle trembling in her hands that rested on her knees, though, and a faraway look in her eyes that might have given the fact away to a careful observer - but perhaps not to a wolf who was quite rightly avoiding any kind of direct stare at all.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Oh no worries, I understand her no problem ^.^ Sorry for the wait on this!

Blind's tail wagged lazily from interest in the woman's words. She spoke in a cryptic way that seemed confusing at first, but then made sense as Blind forced herself to focus harder. At the suggestion of death, the young wolf had to nip her own forepaw to make sure that this wasn't the case, and she sighed in relief from the pinch. She then giggled and said, Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not a ghost.

Lowering onto her belly, Blind surveyed her surroundings once more. It seemed like the more she traveled as she got older, the stranger the land around her became. She knew she was moving into territory that once belonged to humans, but that didn't ease the surprise she felt each time she saw a new building or some other contraption that belonged to the two-legs. However, as strange as it was, Blind was getting more and more used to the fact that she was growing up in man's world now, and it fascinated her.

Turning her attention back to the light-pelted female, Blind let - and nearly made sure - her gaze fall to the woman's hands. She watched them closely, their spindly-ness somewhat alarming. Blind then wondered how old this canine might be, for age wasn't apparent in her slender face. Tilting her nose toward the sky, Blind asked the next question that popped into her mind: Have you been here long, friend?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

:] no worries. 300+

The dark chestnut girl was not hugely younger than Caspa, but there was a world between the two in spirit. Six months did make a difference, of course, but then there was the dog's solemnity opposed to her new acquaintance's playful-seeming behaviour, biting herself on the paw, and laughing. Caspa shot her a benign frown. "That might be imaginary pain." But it was a pointless argument, really. Reality was what you made it, so what did it matter if you couldn't prove its existence - even if everything in the world, every sensation, was just a creation of your own mind - so what? It didn't change anything. What changed things for Caspa, what brought her to a world that really was ethereal and ghostlike - removed her from her own mind - was the kind of trance she had recently been in. And see, she thought, how you can at least affect your own reality. This friendly wolf could have so easily been a marauder or a predator. Instead, she is calling me friend. I may as well have invented her to please myself, the perfect companion to have on a peaceful morning like this.

As the sun's rays were growing stronger, she tugged the shawl from her shoulders, spreading it on the rock and then sitting back down on it, still facing the sunrise with legs crossed as if following an unspoken rule. It was only then, with a deep sigh, and a niggling thought at the back of her mind telling her that the way her vision was going blurry was not good, that she answered Blind's question. "Forever. Forever and ever." A spirit did not die, according to what she'd learned recently: it merely cycled through different forms. She - and everybody - had walked the earth since the beginning of time. "Caspa - that's me - has only been here since the spring before last, though." A deep-set section of her mind was amused at her wilful ignorance of Blind's meaning, but it did not show in that serene expression.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Blind's head cocked in confusion at the pale woman's words. She spoke in such a way that was pleasant in the ear but harsh on the mind, and soon the young wolf found herself trying to shake a headache as a result from her intense focusing. She did, however, find the woman entertaining, and she felt it a good idea to stick around and talk with the canine.

As the dark she-wolf looked out over the rolling waters, a salty breeze tousled her fur and pinched her nose. She hadn't seen waters like this before, and she almost had to put her entire body on pause in order to take in the entirety of it: her breathing became more shallow, her heart slowed, and a feeling of intense relaxation seemed to settle into every last joint in her body. The experience was rather surreal, and Blind suddenly understood why the pale canine was the way she was.

Mm, beautiful, Blind muttered, finally forcing her attention back on the other woman. A small smile lifted the corners of her mouth, and her eyes warmed over with happiness. She then laughed at herself - she was quite the sap.

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeba7; letter-spacing:1px;}
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Caspa's social skills were currently firmly on autopilot, and not really connected to her logical mind, so she absentmindedly took the comment of 'beautiful' to be Blind's name. The mistake was not to be revealed, however, as watching the dawn rays spread through the sea-spray pale gold was a sight overpowering enough to take away what little capacity for speech that had existed. All she could think was God is out there, a comment which didn't lend itself to casual conversation. The other wolf's laughter merged into the scene seamlessly and Caspa could only take it as a manifestation of the playful way the water jumped and bobbed, dappled with brand new sunlight.

Hours seemed to pass but it could have been seconds, as the trance began to return, uncalled for, and Caspa closed her eyes again, trying to gather her thoughts away from the hypnotic movement of the waves but immediately her consciousness was falling into white space, reality's sensations dying away again, but this time there was no coming back. She felt an involuntary shivering running over her skin, and mustered up the energy to feel faintly concerned: enough to open her eyes, but it made no difference to anything. There was nothing but light, and Caspa felt light, lighter than the air, and the rock beneath her seemed to drop away and all was white and blank and pure. She had fallen; slumped sideways with a soft sigh, and crumpled into a leggy heap on the grass at the foot of the boulder.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I didn't realize it had been so long! I need to stop reading posts without responding cause I forget if I leave it haha. Also, if I misinterpreted your post, let me know and I'll fix it.

Blind's eyes widened as she watched the spindly canine crumple to the ground. She immediately hopped to her feet and rushed to the woman's side, looking her over carefully. There didn't appear to be any obvious physical issues, but that didn't mean the problem wasn't internal. Pushing her nose under the female's chin in an attempt to help her up, Blind stayed close and watched her almost scrutinizingly. Are you alright? she asked.

There were many times growing up when Blind would have to help her mother out when she got hurt. Rhia had never cared enough to try and fix herself up, and Blind often found herself licking clean a cut or fetching herbs for a stomach ache. She learned quickly what methods worked and what didn't, but sometimes her self-consciousness got in the way of getting the job done. It didn't help that her mother didn't like being babied, either.

Glancing over the female's body, Blind tried to visually analyze the canine's condition. She had been acting spacey, true enough, but nothing else had seemed too terribly awry. However, Blind didn't know even the first thing about this creature's lifestyle, and for all she knew, she could have gotten into some sort of narcotic or alcohol like a lot of luperci seemed to enjoy doing. She didn't want to judge the female, but she couldn't detect any other threat, and so she simply assumed what she knew to be common.

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeba7; letter-spacing:1px;}
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 300+

No drug ran in Caspa's veins: her blood was as empty as her mind. Although she had felt the earth come up to meet her, so she had not been entirely unconscious, she could see nothing but white, as if in a dream of ice and snow. She could have vanished into this stark world. It would be easy to allow herself to shrink away, dwindle to nothing, just a point of light invisible in the gleam. It was the warm presence, something pushing her chin and words and a scent, that tugged her into reality. The feeling of a stranger at her throat was not enough to incite real fear, just an idea that this situation was something that should cause concern. She was vulnerable and had risked everything. But she had not been killed. She was still here. She had another idea, now: that the fact she was not dead was something she should have been glad about. Not this utter neutrality: total acceptance that whatever came came, or had come, or would come, sometime. There was an odd feeling of strength in the resignation to her fate, but not yet a final decision to return to the real world, or at least to try - perhaps it was not possible, perhaps she had walked too far down the path to Heaven.

She did not move, as the white world was still all-encompassing, although now a little tumultuous, shadows moving across it and an echo from faraway of Blind's question. The realisations that had come to her now, were still coming, about the future and the past, and the present which swallowed both, and the nature of existence - utter nonsense, perhaps, if you weren't coming at it from Caspa's rather deeply involved and overwhelmed perspective - seemed so revelatory that she did not want to answer for fear of breaking the spell. She was breathing so deeply as to be barely visible, and the rising sun bathed them both in its misty, lilac-silver light, the wind-and-spray silence the only response to the Dreamer's concern.

Image courtesy of ®DS @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fred1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooo, pretty table!

The only other explanation Blind could conjure for this poor creature's state was that perhaps she hadn't eaten in a while. Glancing around, she spotted a fish flopping in the water nearby and immediately pounced on it. She killed it quickly and brought it to the canine's side, dropping it near her muzzle. Here, she cooed, eat this.

She curled up beside the female, watching closely with concern. She had never seen someone die before, and she sincerely hoped that this was not what was happening right before her inexperienced eyes. She loved medicine, sure, but she didn't know how to stop someone from leaving this life...not yet.

Tucking her tail around her paws, she tried to let the female regain strength on her own, despite how much she wanted to help. It reminded her of the time her mother fell ill and wouldn't let Blind feed her or fetch herbs for her...nothing. And the next morning, she found her dead under a tree...starved. Panic shook the young wolf as the seconds passed disguised as hours, and she hoped in her heart that this canine would be okay.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kitty made it!! <3<3 +3

Primaeval seas of unconsciousness washed up her amoeba-white body and left it for dead but breathing, the smell of salt awakening her like a corset-wearing Victorian damsel. Though she still lay flat and motionlessless, her eyes flickered open - but instead of the pretty dark wolf who had been there just minutes before, she was looking into the glazed eyes of a fish. She blinked very slowly, then turned her head, too weak to lift it far. Yes, the girl was still there. Caspa could see fear in her eyes, and felt quite terrible. She must look like death warmed up. She felt wonderful inside, though. Her mind was flying and so perfectly clear and empty. But it would be an injustice to leave the other wolf thinking her hanging in the balance. Caspa Al-Fateh would relent; would return to the real world - thanks entirely to Blind, because without that terrified face watching, clearly showing trauma and fear that would only increase if Caspa remained in this spacious white emptiness. Haltingly, trembling a little, she brought her muzzle back down to face the fish. She had to know it had died before she fed. There was no movement at all, and when she extended her nose to prod it, still nothing. So she with a great effort rolled onto her stomach, and took a bite, ripping away white flesh and swallowing it with a choking gulp. It wasn't just the food, though - the mere intention to return was bringing the life rushing back into her veins. Caspa turned her head again to Blind, and now her eyes were dark and sorrowful. "Thank you. I won't be trying that again for some time I should think." She gazed at the lady, wishing there was an easy way she could reassure her, and make up for her strangeness.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]
[html]

It's pretty! And so is that one!

Blind let out a sigh of relief once Caspa seemed to return to a somewhat normal state. Her tail wagged lazily again as she watched the canine try to eat, surveying each bite she took as if waiting for some magical sign of wellness to light up in her black eyes. When Caspa looked up at her, she responded with a warm smile that showed in her bi-colored eyes as well as her face, and gave her a quick, affectionate lick on her forehead. Are you feeling better then? she asked.

The wind seemed to pick up a bit as the question left her mouth, and Blind looked up at the sky. She hoped they wouldn't get rained on, or even worse, snowed on. The dark she-wolf didn't want to leave yet. She wanted to know more about this creature and why she was the way she was. She wanted to ask her about her life and what she was looking for out here. She wanted to know about her family, and ask her what things she liked to do for fun. All those things, she knew, would be revealed in time, and all she could do now was wait by the creature's side and assure her recovery.

A sharp breeze tousled Blind's dark fur again and she leaned against Caspa as if trying to shield her from the biting chill. We should find somewhere warm for you to rest, she muttered as she glanced at the white canine and then back at the sky. Her eyes scrutinized the clouds, and for a moment she felt herself plead with her mother long passed to keep the bad weather away until she knew this creature was safe again. Her eyes then fell back on Caspa, and she gave her a reassuring smile in an attempt to chase her own worry away.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Although the touch of Blind's tongue was soft and felt good, Caspa was certain that she preferred the other world she had been walking in. If only it didn't come at the expense of the entirety of reality. She sighed, gazing around at the weather-front that seemed to be approaching. This world was bitter and full of ordeals - most of them self-inflicted, because she liked to challenge herself and test her own endurance: shunning any kind of luxury in order to reach a greater good. Right now, though, after the peace of her inner wanderings, it just felt difficult and painful, a world full of sharp edges and cold winds. Blind was warm, though, and for the first time in her life, Caspa allowed herself to take shelter in the comfort of another. She wasn't sure why, for there was no good reason, but she felt she could trust Blind. "I'm warm here..." she murmured, but she had to show some kind of motivation, or the caring stranger would feel obliged to stay with her for longer than was sensible. "We should head for home," were her feeble words, as if they had the same home - but that wasn't the case. "Have you far to go? I am sure I can make it alone, I won't keep you."

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The slender female's words hit Blind's ears in a tangle of confusion. For a moment, she struggled between whether she felt like the woman wanted her to stay or not, and then the panicky thought of having to trudge on in this weather distracted her thoughts. Should she try to press on, back toward her home land? Or should she leave her past behind her and return to the only home she knew now? ...Crimson Dreams had a roof and a warm bed...

Blind's ears flattened momentarily and then lazily perked again, her eyes wandering past the white female to focus on the horizon. She didn't know what she would find further out there; it had been years since she'd traveled through that area. With a flick of her bushy tail, she lowered her head to look on Caspa once more. I should probably leave now if I want to find shelter from this storm, she said. You're sure you'll be okay? Then, rather sheepishly, she added, I can tend for you through the night if you need me to.

The young wolf didn't fancy inviting herself into people's homes; quite the contrary, in fact. And she didn't want to impress herself on this poor creature either, especially since she seemed the sturdy and independent type. But she would hate to find that, if she ever decided to return, Caspa hadn't made it. Her bi-colored eyes held a look of indecisiveness as she waited for the female's reply.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nice ending for the oldest of the old threads, maybe a less peculiar one sometime?! Big Grin

"Yes. I am here - I am fine," she answered with a sigh. In her spacious mood, she hadn't seen the storm coming in, but it did look as if today would be a rambunctious one. They were best getting out of here - these cliffs could be simply hammered by the wind and waves when the weather picked up. The white dog's eyes were dull. It wasn't much of a reality to return to: a forbidding sky and the prospect of ending her meditation practice for the time being. It would be good for her physically, but she wasn't sure how she'd fill the hours. The other wolf offered to care for her, but they were from different packs. They couldn't stay out here, and Caspa had to admit to herself that really she didn't need anything that the food and a brisk walk wouldn't give her. It was something else that made it a little hard to say no, but she certainly wasn't going to do anything else. She sat up, trying to look alert. "Don't concern yourself - we should both be getting home. It is good to meet someone with such a kind heart, though. What's your name?" She offered a weak smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Haha right? Didn't we start this back in like October? Tongue It was good though, and yes I'd love to thread again sometime Smile

An internal sigh of relief seemed to come hand in hand with Blind's final decision to return to her pack and leave her past where it belonged: passed. A glint in her eye portrayed to the other female that she understood the woman's answer, and she was okay with it. As long as you're sure you'll be okay, then I can sleep soundly tonight, she said softly. Take care, and stay out of this weather. She chuckled then, rising to her feet as she dusted the debris from her heels with her tail. It would be a long journey, but if she moved quickly, she'd be home soon enough.

Giving her muscles a brief stretch before turning, she let her maw gape open in a yawn. Then, straightening once again, she beamed at the woman and flicked her tail happily. And she was happy; happy to have met such a creature, and happy that Caspa seemed to have provided Blind with a milestone in her life that she might never even know about.

The woman bid Blind adieu before asking one final question, and the dark she-wolf dipped her head in thanks to her remarks. She then answered, Blind, at your service. It was a pleasure to have met you. And with that, she took off toward her family of Dreamers.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]