[J] play the cards with spades to start
[html]
Made a shortish post. Quick joiners are lovely, yes? <3

Damn cold, the Cajun cursed in his mind, flipping up the collar on his long coat. The Southern man hated how bitter it was compared to where he had come, and the thought that it was going to get even colder, well, he disliked thinking of that thought. Rémy Lebeau hoped that he’d find this Inferni soon, or even if it exists; The wolf that told him of the coyote clan seemed to be a few cards short of a deck, but the man seemed to be the only reliable source at that current place and time. Maybe if he settled here and lay low for a while, the trail and weather would get too cold for the others to follow. After all, that’s what he was good at.

A sudden scent on the wayward breeze alerted the man that the clan was near. It was like what the stranger in Freetown described it as, Rémy decided, as well as the location; it was somewhat near a bay, like the wolf had told. After quickening his past, trench coat flapping noisily from walking against the wind, it was not before long that he found empty eyes keeping sentry along the border. The sight wasn’t the worst he had saw in his life time, but they were interesting enough for him to take a long glance at. Seems as if they don’t like visitors, he mused with a toothy grin.

Then, wasting no time, he let out a loud howl deep from his throat, low-pitched like a dog’s, but there was some coyote noise somewhere in the holler for attention.

<style type="text/css">
.remyl1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.remyl1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.remyl1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#431844; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xwIQ9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D8BBCD; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 7px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#D8BBCD; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Zero; Forgive me if I'm not allowed, just thought since Symmy is nearing adult ranks she should do some work; 361 words

The girl was just a few days shy of the seven month mark where she would enter into the adult ranks of the pack. She had learned to shift, even if it wasn't the most spectacular display in the world, and so now she had to work on making herself useful to the clan. She wasn't even certain what path would be the best for her to take and so she had no idea what way in which to angle her intentions. All she knew was that she wanted to make her caretaker proud of her. So she still had the time to pick out a course in life to take. And if all else failed then she could speak among the others in the clan to try and figure out what would be the best for her.

But for now Symera was back out at the border and gazing upon the skull that she had brought in. She lifted it from its stake and placed it atop her head. It was still big on her but not quite as big as it had been when she had first acquired it. She had grown slightly since then but still wasn't anywhere as large as anyone else in Inferni. Then again they were mostly hybrids while she was a full coyote. But even other coyotes were larger than her, her brothers especially, since she was the runt of her litter. She was destined to remain on the shorter and smaller side in comparison to others.

So it was while she was messing around with the skull that she heard the call go up. So being curios by nature the girl went to inspect it. She still had the wolf skull settled on her head since she didn't think to place it back before seeking out the source of the sound. "Were you the one that called? What is it that you want?" The girl asked of the stranger that stood outside of the borders once she had come upon him. Because of his odd scent her words didn't hold any sort of aggression to him but were spoken out of curiosity instead.

<style>
.zero-star p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-star b {color:#ffffff; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-star {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c4bfbc; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#4e293a; background-image:none; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:450px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was not long before his call was acknowledged, which he expected; he inferred, from the décor, that these lands were highly guarded. What Rémy did not expect was to be answered by a small girl, clearly a minor, judging by her size. The Cajun also noticed that one of the wolf skulls were placed atop of her head, as if like a little hat that was too big for the coyote. “Well, I’ll be, a ‘yote in wolf’s clothing, and a youngin’ at that,” he commented, glancing at the skull then to the girl herself, his grin creasing even further. He was only pulling her leg though, since he assumed that she did not dress like so every day.

“Yes, little missy, I was the one callin’. I’m just wonderin’ if I can join this here clan, I’ve heard it’s a mighty fine place for ‘yotes. Word gets around, ya’know?” he explained, his accent thick though understandable. He was making sure that his words were clear enough since he soon found out once he got north, some canines could barely comprehend what he was saying because of his different “dialect”. And though he really did not consider himself a coyote, more like a dog than anything, blood proved different, and he decided that he could be "'yote" enough to join a pack of ones. “Name’s Rémy, Rémy Lebeau. What might yours be, youngin’?”

<style type="text/css">
.remyl1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.remyl1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.remyl1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#431844; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xwIQ9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D8BBCD; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 7px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#D8BBCD; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Zero; If you want to add a tag for a leader being needed that'll work; 521 words

His words had set her little nose to working. She didn't understand that he was talking about the skull that she had upon her head. it was a prized possession of hers even though it was kept at the borders to help mark them. That enjoyable day was still a vivid memory for her. Perhaps she could speak to Halo about taking her out again. This time she was able to shift and therefore able to do more to help out with the hunt. She could be more than just bait this time. Or at least that is how the images played out in her own mind. She imagined herself to be more of an asset this time around. After all she wanted to learn from Halo and end up making her proud.

"I do not smell a stinky here." She spoke up, using her term for wolf. She refused to see them as anything but foul smelling monsters and used her words to convey that. It had caused some concern within the clan, others thinking that she didn't understand what they were rather than acknowledging her conviction to keep them nameless. To her they had no sentience even though she had spoken with some. It was just a monster's trick, some sort of devilry meant to beguile the weak minded. She simply wasn't about to fall for any of that. She wouldn't allow herself to be fooled so easily.

She shook her head as the other said that this was a place for coyotes, denying his words with the action. "That is what I thought but it is not true. Everyone here smells strange just like you. So you should fit but not coyotes like me. I have not found another coyote here yet." Of course she went off scent rather than looks. Inferni was made up of mainly hybrids and those smelled quite strange to her. She couldn't place them as being a certain species and so it just confused her nose.

"I am Symera Villisca." She gave her own name in return before she gave a series of short barks since the other had made mention of wanting to join. Symera only knew one of the leaders of the clan since it was the one that she visited often in order to play with the puppies. The others she hadn't met before and therefore knew very little about. Still, at least she knew enough to summon one of the leaders in order to allow them to judge the one that Symmy had found. The small girl didn't know all of the procedures that there was to investigating joiners but it was just another something that she would have to learn in order to make herself useful within the clan. It was just another determination that she had. She would prove herself to everyone here. She refused to let her small stature be her downfall. But then again that was something she had always battled against. She had to prove herself to her siblings and then to her caretaker and now to the rest of the clan as well.

<style>
.zero-star p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-star b {color:#ffffff; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-star {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c4bfbc; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#4e293a; background-image:none; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:450px;}
</style>
[/html]