between two worlds
[html]

WC: 1266. Backdated to the night of October 2nd, following this thread.

No book had ever prepared her for this moment. No page she read felt quite as awful as the petite female did now, trembling and swimming in emotions that crashed upon her in huge, fat, salty waves. It had very well been the tears that Giselle tasted, but if they fell she did not feel them. Her insides burned, and yet she shivered. Silvano's words ate away at her, with intention to bite and leave its mark. Giselle felt she had done nothing wrong, and yet this beast roared and snapped at her innocence. He was hurt, and so he had hurt her, but there was nothing the woman could do but tremble in silence. Tux had hissed at the man, squeaking out words that he would never be able to understand, but remained pressed at his caretaker's ankles.

As the beast left, she wanted to scream as well as cry out. She wanted to reach out and grab him before he had disappeared, to beg him to stay despite the fear he instilled in her, hoping he'd turn back into the aspiring knight upon contact. Instead, the auburn haired femme remained with her face hidden in her small hands, remaining rooted to the spot even after the male had gone. Surrounded by thousands of crushed flowers that had fallen from her grasp, Giselle felt like he had stomped on her field of beautiful flowers, even her very own heart, and left her among the broken and discolored things. After his steps retreated into the distance, 'Elle felt a heavy weight on her heart.. filled with guilt, sadness, fear, and the indescribable emotion that fueled all the rest, begging to wash over her completely.

The dark haired girl wanted to take out into the day, to leave the Manor behind her and all her dreams, hopes, and feelings within its wall, but it was beginning to grow dark, and cold, and 'Elle feared what may have been out there in the dark of the night. Instead, she found enough strength to stumble forward and fall at the foot of the couch, his scent lingering like an awful reminder. And, much like the flowers themselves she floated towards the ground, her back against the base of the furniture as crystal tears pooled in her orbs and fell relentlessly, staining her floral-scented fingers down to her rumpled dress.

Her heart weighted, and her feet heavier, the young woman struggled to stand. Tux helped where he could to aid the Dreamer to her feet, but he was not much help beyond a nudge at her ankles or a soft squeal of encouragement. "I knew he was no good, the moment I saw him," the stoat would say, but they fell on deaf, flattened ears. The flame within her raged, wanting to agree with her dear friend, but a softer, kinder part of the woman throbbed with compassion, with a want to understand the beast that he unleashed.

But the kind girl could not, and so she only nodded, slowly making her way back to her own room. When she reached the elegant stairs, the snow white female ventured a look up the carpeted steps, but saw nothing ... no one. Giselle chewed her lip to keep from crying out, and turned back towards the kitchens in a more desperate attempt to her own sanctuary, folding her arms across her body as she felt a chill creep along her skin. It took enough strength to return to her room, and an even stronger will not to look back, wondering if maybe he had returned to apologize, like he usually did.

When the door closed with a soft click, something began to change within her too. The feeling she could not place finally blazed and came to light, and her trembling hands slowly curled into fists. Her head lowered, fiery hair spilled around her shoulders and stuck to the sides of her face, letting the dark fire consume the woman. She was angry, something she had never felt before. This new emotion coursed through her, and took hold of books upon her shelves and watched them split open as they fell to the carpet. The chocolate stoat, frightened, darted across the other side of the room, watching from the shadows. This, too, was new for the animal to see in the woman full of songs and light.

She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut, as it fighting off this new emotion that she had no control over. It had kindled long enough, and would be contained no longer. The pale princess tore open the book upon her table furiously, and her fingers ripped at the corner of the first page. When Giselle heard it, she stopped, and her burning blue eyes fell down upon the title on the cover. For a long moment she stared at it through narrowed eyes, and then it slipped from her fingers when her anger subsided and realization set in. When it fell among the others strewn about her floor, the carefully wrapped note drifted from the book and lay at her feet.

Even though she could not see the letters that the note contained, its words still whispered through her open window, a breeze that crawled up her spine and dulled the anger from her eyes. 'I'm sorry, but I meant what I did,' it said. The new emotion subsided as quickly as it emerged, and Giselle gasped sharply, sucking in air as if it were her very last. She had made a mistake in her new-found anger, which caused her to scare off her bravest friend to the dark corners of her room, and scatter her written dreams to the ground. Now... now she had torn a part of those dreams away, and the ripped corner of the page drifted to the floor in an awful reminder.

A hand flew to cover her mouth, though no words had been spoken, and instantly the burning tears began to fall again. Battling herself and struggling for control, 'Elle fell on her knees to her floor, and choked out her anguish. Tux had taken a step or two out of the darkness, but dared no more, his eyes as full of concern for the woman as would any dear friend. Half blinded, her hands shot out to grasp the book that she let fall from her grasp, and when her fingers brushed the object she clutched it tightly to her chest. I'm.. I'm so sorry.. She cried, feeling as her grief-ridden form began to rock back and forth, cradling the object like a babe. 'But I meant what I did...' The single line deepened her sorrow, hair swaying with the female's own movements.

After a long while, it grew dark, and Giselle remained sitting there in the darkness. As moonlight fell through her open shutters, the young woman finally lifted her head up and turned towards it. Pale blue eyes glittered like the surface of an ocean, showing evidence of the sorrow behind them. As her muddled sight took in a large, sparkling star in the dusky sky, the ivory princess' expression turned hopeful. Oh, dear wishing star, please bring my prince to me soon~ Her tone, although quiet, was heavy with hope, wishing for just a moment to be swept away by the stream of stars. Instead, the light of the night found a glint swimming in the depths, and form at the corner of her eye. As Giselle slowly closed her eyes, the fire diminished, the wishful star fell from her blue skies.

<style type="text/css">
.elle-sadsky1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8abdb7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #111111; }
.elle-sadsky1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a1a88c; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; text-align:center;}
.elle-sadsky1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.elle-sadsky1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#3c5b55; background-image:url(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5152 ... sadsky.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #cddda7; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c4c4c4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elle-sadsky1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.elle-sadsky1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
.elle-sadsky1-border1 {width:503px; border:1px solid #a6b58c; margin:0 auto;}
.elle-sadsky1-line1 {width:475px; border-bottom:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Image © BSOD90@Flickr
[/html]