Once upon a midnight dreary...
[html]
ooc All welcome! Anyone may bump into a tired Orin. I have OOCly obtained IC permission from Meghan/Vigilante for Orin to stay with the pack for several days. Smile

The mare ambled haltingly towards the Cour des Miracles borders, her arrival marking the stroke of midnight. The cloudy rider hunched over in the saddle, exhausted from the days' ride and the events that had unfolded mere hours ago. She thought her little vacation outside of d'Arte would be at least a little fun, but apparently choosing a pack in the midst of a war was not the best first stop. Orin was lost in thought, drowning in the sadness that had come with her from her visit to Crimson Dreams. She had taken it upon herself to act as an envoy for the pack, stopping off to meet the Dreamers before continuing on to what would hopefully be a more light hearted social call to her old pack. While she was there she was greeted with skepticism and suspicion, and not a day after her arrival one of the AniWayan refugees had suffered a fatal injury from a riding accident. She didn't know the Utina woman but she had heard of her from her tribesmen, and she felt mournful of their loss.

The death of the woman was terrible, and Orin knew her presence near the pack lands would only burden the pack further during such a dark hour. She was forbidden from getting into political affairs, and ordered by her Capitana not to go anywhere near AniWaya, so just two days after her approach to Crimson Dreams, the self proclaimed emissary left the pack lands. She hadn't visited Niro in weeks and was excited to see him, but still a cloud would forever hang over this trip.

Moonlight lit her path as the horse clopped forward. They followed the coast, approaching the Court from the south-southwestern border. When she arrived at Crimson Dreams, Orin had the foresight to announce herself, but tonight her trek had been long and arduous – one straight shot of riding (and inexperienced, at that) for nearly 9 hours – and her mind was foggy. She didn't even notice she was in the Court until about a mile or two in when the mare nickered her anger at having walked for so long.

“Hunh?” Orin muttered incoherently and her eyes snapped back into focus. The mare came to a halt as the wolfess looked back over her shoulder, surprised and unsettled at her absentmindedness. “Thanks, Spot. You should have told me sooner.” She patted the mare's neck as though her announcement had been anything more than coincidence. The horse had been loping along for quite some time, and Orin knew she deserved a rest. Orin herself could use a good stretch, and didn't mind a reprieve from the saddle.

Swinging one leg around so she sat sideways in the saddle, Orin let herself slip off of the mare's back and landed with a soft thud. She wobbled and almost fell when unexpected pinpricks shot up her legs, and a hand moved to massage her thigh. “Oh, we've been riding for way too long.” Just as she said it the mare swung her great head around to butt Orin's shoulder as if in affirmation. Orin shot her a glare before smiling apologetically. “We'll rest more next time, I promise. We'll have a place to sleep in just a little bit.” She retrieved the reigns, pulling them over the mare's head and using them as a leash now as she led the mare farther into the land of Miracles, making their way to the most logical place – the Hotel - and hoping to run into just about anyone on the way.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 500+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 forgive me if this is wrong I will edit

Ayita's world now revolved around two things, the ever growing pups and keeping herself sane. She had offered to help anyone in need with what medical knowledge she had. After all they were down a medicine woman. not living far from the hotel helped as it truly was the packs main base. Looking at her children she sighed why did they need to grow so fast, almost four weeks old and she couldn't believe it.

Ayita looked at Zafier who now traveled completely everywhere with her and the pups. He refused to let her out of his sight. though she was rather disgruntle about some of it demanding the certain things outta stay private. She watched him cleaning the blade of a knife as she sighed. War was not something she wanted to deal with again but she knew her brother would protect her.

She looked at him. "Guard them" she said sternly as she slipped out the front of the hotel leaving them in his capable hands. Leaning on the door after she closed it she sighed.Closing her eyes she prayed. Nous vous implorons, O le Seigneur, visitons cette maison et en conduisons loin tous les pièges de l'ennemi; permettez à Vos anges saints d'habiter là afin de nous préserver dans la paix; et permettez à Votre bénédiction d'être toujours sur nous. She took a breath "Amen".

Her mind tired from all that was happening. Opening her eyes she saw a figure coming towards her "Bonjour Orin, its been a very long while." Ayita said as she smiled trying to ignore the things that crossed her mind. She had to woder though what brought Orin here to the Court.

<style>
.marie-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.marie-txt3 .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzhl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 0px 0px;}
.marie-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.marie-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.marie-txt3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.marie-txt3 b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.marie-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

There was little to greet her but the moonlight and the clip-clop of Spot's hooves for miles as the pair finished the final leg of their journey. By the time they reached the wrought iron gate Orin was bent and the mare's head hung low with weariness. Orin hardly even held on to the reigns by now, the horse just followed her blindly so it didn't have to think about where it was going. When she reached the gate her tiny hands worked the old latch easily, her muscles automatically remembering the thing that had once been second nature. She used to live here, she used to cross in and out of this gate daily; it was nice to do it again.

The hinges squeaked in protest with the movement, the cold night tightening the metal, yet the fence swung free with little more protest. Orin walked the mare inside, let go of the tether, and closed the gate before noticing anyone on the porch. At first the person was just a shape in her bleary eyes, washed out by moonlight, but Orin blinked and eventually Ayita came into focus. She started to walk across the yard toward the structure, but the mare seemed to sense that they had reached their destination and no longer followed. Orin left her to rest now that she was safely within the walls that surrounded the Hotel.

“Ayita?” she asked, certain that it was either her old friend or else she had fallen asleep and was dreaming. “I didn't think anyone would be up this late. How are you?”

As she moved up the porch it was like a second wind came... or maybe it was a third or a fourth... and the overwhelming fatigue was starting to be replaced with some meager bit of energy. “I'm so happy to see you! It's been months.” She reached the top of the porch in a single bound and held her arms open for a hug. As she smiled at the woman she could only remember the time they had met by the stables in the rain, Ayita's brother Zafier looming close enough to be considered with them that night but far enough to be a bit of a creep. She held such a fond place in her heart for both of them.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 Oh geez is this a marie post the world must be ending she's finally almost caught up. >.< Srry/p>

Ayita smiled hugging the girl. She had to admit it was wonderful to see her. "No pink and Amaranth loved that so, she almost convinced me to let her dye hers." Ayita said as he held onto Orin for a moment longer. She wondered what brought the girl back here she hoped nothing bad had happened that way. After all Aniwaya was close to there.

Ayita chuckled a bit slowly letting go of the girl. "Its not that late when you have three new members in the family." She said. Her little ones still under a month safe and sound protected by their uncle. He was trying so hard to get along with Vigilante and Kable who he made a wonderful first impression on.

"You must be starved, you've come a ways, please come in the hotel is never closed." She said smiling as she pushed the door open. It was nice and warm inside and Zafier sat on the floor watching his growing nephews and niece. We have a quest well seems fun. He stated as he was Ayita enter. Welcome back to the hotel Orin" She said smiling.

<style>
.marie-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.marie-txt3 .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzhl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 0px 0px;}
.marie-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.marie-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.marie-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

“Puppies?” She asked, her demeanor brightening even more. “You and Vigilante? Congratulations!” She guessed – Ayita could have been talking about her extended family, but that didn’t dawn on Orin. The sight of the Hotel entrance seemed like a vision into the past, and she happily crossed the threshold at Ayita’s invitation.

The sight, the sound, the very air of the hotel’s foyer was a sight for sore eyes. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes, taking in the scent of the Court’s central house. It felt like being back home – but now it was her home away from home. When she opened her eyes she saw Zafier there and smiled at the old hoodwink. “Long time no see,” she said to the man, patting him on the back as she passed. She slipped right by him and knelt down to greet the little ones, touching each in turn as though blessing all of them before turning back to Ayita. “They’re so cute! How old are they?”

“Oh,” she said, suddenly reminded of her hunger by the grumble in her stomach. “I’d famished, I’d love something to eat. And, yeah, I did away with the pink, thought it was time for a change, y’know? Life changes, we gotta change with it.” She didn’t know if Ayita knew the reason behind her change, if Niro had told them about her son that was murdered. It was common knowledge through much of the Court since when Orin came out of hiding she resurfaced in the land of Miracles first, but how much each particular pack member knew could vary.

“Things are pretty crazy out there right now,” she said softly, referring to the battling between Crimson Dreams and AniWayay. She had no idea Cour des Miracles was involved too. “How are you all doing here? The war hasn’t come your way at all, has it? I hope not.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]
OOC: Srry no table

Ayita allowed Orin into the hotel she had been here for a day or two just helping to keep things in order it was much easier since everyone knew to come here. Liam was bringing things from the house to here so they would have medical things here.

"Yes they are ours, oh thats right you left before I had my first litter with Vigilante. I wish Liam was home for you to meet him. His brother Noah left the pack so neither are here maybe another time though" She said smiling. "Oh umm just under a month, the light is Skoll, and the darker is Hati, then little Charlotte." she stated smiling.

Zafier looked at Orin. "Well its been a long while stranger." He said as he chuckled. "War is headed our way. The king saved Niro's daughter in Aniwaya and now we fear we may have to deal with AW too." he said looking at her. "Bad time to come visit family." He looked at the young pups. "I'll protect my family though I swore to Vigilante I would."

Ayita came back with food glaring at Zafier. "No need to sink her heart, everyone is safe including foxglove. In the end it'll be ok." She placed the plate down. "go ahead we can catch up and eat and relax. You should see Amaranth and Niro and Jiva he's getting big. I must admit I can't believe how big he's gotten since I helped amarath with the delivery." she said sitting down. "What have your great adventures led you into?" Ayita asked.
[html]

Sink her heart it did, for the moment Zafier told of what happened to Foxglove her heart dropped into her stomach and her blood turned to ice. What!! How did this all happen and she hadn’t known anything of it? Niro didn’t send word… But, at least Zafier and Ayita assured her that everyone was okay. Still, Foxglove had been abducted? She winced visibly as thoughts of what had happened to the girl sprang to her imagination. It wasn’t right, Orin thought, that she wouldn’t have known her own family, her own flesh and blood had been in such peril – and that she hadn’t been there for Niro at the time.

“I… I…” she stammered, searching for something to say but coming up with nothing. Her eyes met Ayita’s visage and the cool look behind those eyes promised her that everything was okay, that there wasn’t some grave detail they were leaving out to spare her. She breathed a shaky breath and then nodded slowly. “I didn’t know… I’m glad everyone made it out okay. Your mate is a great king.”

And what was this? More news and details she didn’t know. She’d been vaguely aware of her growing family through short messages she and Niro occasionally shared, but she hadn’t known any of the details. “I didn’t realize that much time had passed already.”

She settled into a seat and leaned back, her eyes going blank for a moment as she tried to dash any worries from her mind. What could she do about it now – go hunt Niro down and wake him and his family up in the middle of the night? Well, that was a very classic Orin move and something she’d have been fully up to… if only she wasn’t so tired. There was no way her sore legs were going to take her all the way to the Takekuro homestead, and that mare out there wasn’t going to budge for her either.

She rubbed the back of her head for a moment and then turned her attention to the food. “Thank you so much, this looks wonderful.” Trying not to show off just how ravenous she was – and failing miserably – she grabbed the first hunk of meat and shoved the whole thing into her mouth, nearly swallowing it whole. Guilty eyes looked at Zafier sheepishly, and she took her time on the next item. “So the war is coming to the Court? Are you sure? Because of Foxglove?” Her questions only stopped because she’d shoveled too much food into her mouth to keep talking around, but she soon found a moment to keep going. “Do you know when? Do you need more protection, more men?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 400+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 315 forgive me if this is wrong I will edit

Ayita smiled and listened for a moment to Orin as she smiled at the compliment. Ayita had always thought highly of the man who she loved. She couldn't think of anyone else she would be with. "Thank you Orin I feel the same way about him." she said looking at the woman before her. "Time dear is as fluid as the river blink and so much goes by." She said as she glanced at her brother.

"Orin breath" Zafier said looking at her as he smiled. The court could care for itself that he knew. He smiled looking at his sister there really wasn't much he could say he just shrugged.

Ayita smiled. "Orin dear everything will be fine. The court has a mighty king and many warriors who will defend this land if that should ever happen." Said smiling. "nothing is because of anyone. Protecting the family and the home is more important then what may come from it." She said as she reached out running a hand over the blond child Skoll.

Ayita smiled pulling at the blanket that they slept upon and covered them. " blessed are you, eternal god, Bless this family who ask for your grace.
Let your Spirit guide their words and deeds,
so that their light may shine before all
and lead all who know them to give You praise.
She spoke her french accent falling through for the first time in years. She looked at the small children as she smiled, she prayed hoping war would never hurt them she would protect them to the end.

Zafier smiled looking at Orin. "Amen dear sister" He spoke as he looked at Orin. "You need not worry about the court Amaranth and your brother will protect their home. Now where have thoses two legs taken you? I'd love to hear about your adventures" He said trying to lighten the mood.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 700+ ♥ Word Count ::
:: OOC Eek, I'm on a talkative spree tonight. ::

Orin nodded slowly as she tried to believe their words. They were right, the Court had many fine fighters and would be able to fend for itself. And if at any moment they were unable to hold their land and the pack's saftey Vigilante was no fool, he would send for help from his allies. No one would be hurt by a man's ignorance, he wasn't that kind of king.

She set the food back on the table for a minute, closing her eyes as she convinced herself of these things. Ayita and Zafier were so certain of it, and her native home in this country was the Court. She knew the pack's potential. If anything, it would hold together with heart alone. Yet even still, Ayita and Zafier spoke of their faith while in the presence of their family's youngest additions. No one was blindly faithful with pups about. No, their belief was real, and well placed.

As her eyes remained closed Ayita began speaking her prayer, the truehearted words beauteously spoken by her soft voice. A foreign lilt came to her words as she spoke and Orin wondered on it for a moment, but soon the importance of what she was saying came through and her thoughts stopped wandering. Ayita prayed to some higher power for their protection, for the saftey of the pups, but never once was there a note of fear in her voice. Orin herself had not had faith in any powers beyond earth and mother nature... Until she met Alaine. Until the Winters woman began teaching her the pagan faith. A faith that made Orin appreciate anyone's beliefs, and as Ayita prayed Orin added her heart to it. No words were uttered by the white woman, but she let her spirit join the Catori in their goodwill.

After Ayita trailed off she opened her eyes, casting her gaze down to look lovingly upon the pups. Ayita gently cradled one cherished child with her palm before returning back to the guest. She smiled softly, her eyes turning to meet the icy blue of Zafier's when the man broke the silence. “Oh, well where should I begin?” She asked rhetorically while she pondered it herself. She decided to tell of her recent travels, not of the remorseful fleeing she had done before. She was certain that wasn't what Zafier was asking about, anyway.

“I really only started my journey now. Things have been so hard on the packs that I thought I might stop by each of our friendly neighbors and see how everyone is doing, bring a few gifts in a dark time like this. I just came from Crimson Dreams. I thought I would stay there for a couple days but... well, I was wrong. I wasn't really welcome, and god, I don't blame them. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm just a stranger to them, they had no idea I wasn't one of the marauders. Anyway, my visit there was less than pleasant. First someone thought I was a trespasser and made to chase me off, and then Mars – do you rememebr Mars? - well it turns out he lives there now, so he saw us and came to help me but that didn't really do any good because he's mad at me for some reason. I don't even know why.”

“And then to make matters really horrifying, the woman who was trying to chase me away at first, well, I went to give her a present, a half dozen chicken eggs, and I slipped and one cracked open right on her.” Orin sighed and shook her head, then started to giggle. Oh, it had been horrible at the time, but now was really quite amusing. “Just my luck, huh? Thankfully Mars was there.”

“Anyway,” her tone grew somber and a darkness overwhelmed her visage. So much for lightening the mood. “I was only there for a day when... when the Utina wife – you know of the Utina's, right? They seem to have something to do with this whole big war? - there was an accident. She died.” The last word was little more than a whisper. “I... it wasn't my place to be in the way, so I took my leave.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-nameheartchain-header .ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-nameheartchain-header .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#472f59; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:500px;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

.orin-heartchain b {font-weight:bold; color:#472f59; }
.orin-heartchain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orin-heartchain {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Orin_heartChain_top_2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 forgive me if this is wrong I will edit

Zafier sat and listened to Orin. He had come a long way from the very rough man he once was though Kable still didn't seem to take a liking to him. His gray blue eyes watched Orin looking for signs of how she was feeling. He didn't want her to think he was trying to make her feel bad.

Ayita smiled Orin had grown up so much she and Niro were young and Now they both were two very individual people and had families all their own. "I'm sorry but I didn't know them at all I've never heard their names." ayita said as she picked a piece of meat. She didn't know who had started the war but she also she didn't blame them.

Zafier shrugged. "It doesn't matter who's the cause because you can't change why it started now. We just have to correct it. He said. Everything will work as it should." He finished taking a bite of food

Ayita chuckled, "The brute is right, do not take what happened to heart. Its hard to be welcoming and accepting to an outsider when so much is going on. Any other time I'm sure they would welcome you. But remember the court is your home as well and will always welcome you in." she smiled.

Ayita moved as she stood heading to the kitchen. She rummaged through her things, trying to find what she needed. She returned with cups and vanished into the kitchen once more. Zafier laughed, "You can tell she misses having you around." Ayita came back out with a jar and a kettle. "I know what you like" she said to her brother, as she made his tea. "Would you like some tea Orin?" She asked as she made herself some. She really liked having others in the hotel. It was her temporary home till the war ended which she hoped would be soon.

<style>
</style>
[/html]