Lifespan
So I've been thinking about this the past few days. Luperci live in far cleaner conditions than their normal four footed anscestors, that and their knowledge of medicines had grown within the last 20 or so years, so would that mean their lifespan would grow a little, maybe by a year or two at the least? with the knowledge of cleanliness, fire, medicines, and so on, it just made me wonder if they would start living a little longer? Just curious is all Smile
That's correct! Smile Luperci can live as long as 17 years, while non-luperci have a maximum lifespan of 12 years. You can check it out in our Life Cycle page on the RP Guide 8D

A consequence of their extended lifespan is a slower aging process beginning at 5 months. At 8 months, a luperci would have the maturity of a 12 year-old, while an 8-month non-luperci would have the maturity of a 13 year-old. So it starts pretty early. :}
ah ok, Shaw's a little borked and should really read the stinky rp guide more Tongue thanks
lol When I saw this post I was like, "Uh, I thought they did live longer." But then I suddenly wasn't sure. It's been so long since I've read the RP guide too. I mean, I haven't sat down and READ it since the first time I started Souls with Orin, only referenced it. We should have an RP guide reading pow wow. HAH HAH ... no, I don't know what that means at all.

I think this fact might not be really recognized by a lot of RPers though because I've noticed many people reference Luperci between 4 to 6 years old as "old man" and such, when that's not even middle age.
@Shaw: 's all good. :}

@Nuki: Yeah, and since canines don't really get physically old/ weak/ show signs of aging till the end of their lifespan, a canine that is 10 years old would still be in decent shape. Though in the animal kingdom, the Alpha would usually fight a younger, stronger canine so a 10 year-old Alpha (in the "real" wild, not 'Souls wild since ours is more humanized) would be unlikely. So even though Tayui is 8 years old, she's not an "old woman" since they age differently than humans. :o

Or, that is what I understand from wolf aging. She wouldn't be able to challenge for an Alpha rank, but she wouldn't have arthritis yet or have any age-induced ailments quite yet. If she were a non-luperci, I think she'd be on the cusp of being "old" though since non-luperci can be up to 12 years old and 8 is pushing it. :o

...so that being said, a 4 year-old canine wouldn't be "old" by any means. :o I mean, they couldn't go to the club three nights in a row, but they still have their whole life ahead of them 8)
Even though both Luperci and non-Luperci can live 10+ years, most players will play 6+ year olds as "older" because very few characters (or even NPCs) in the 'Soulsverse live out their full lives, lol. A vast majority will die from fights, injuries, sudden and severe illness, etc, etc, etc. So even though naturally, Luperci have a longer lifespan, they are also much, much more prone to serious violence, whereas realistically, wolves in the wild bluff and threaten far, far more than actually fighting.
Would a wolf who wasn't born Luperci but turned later in life still age like a 'normal' wolf, or would they age like a luperci?
Deuce for example was turned Luperci by her one night stand with Thanos. So would she be near the end of her life span, or would she still be going strong?
If Deuce was relatively young when changed, she would have assimilated the Luperci attributes easily and would be aging like a Luperci now. A similar question was addressed on the Formspring a little while ago.