Listen to your heart.
[html]

Gabriel

Faol had found him, but he was definitely not himself. She wondered what happened to Segodi anyway to make him lose his memory. It was not the same way that Asphyxia had lost her memory from being so drugged up and hammered all the time. The girl sighed, watching the sunrise from out on the porch. The streams of light reached out and warmed her fur. It soothed her in ways other things could not. The feeling was comforting and not alien at all. Faolin had hardly slept a wink the last couple weeks, too stressed out and confused on what should be going on.

She needed to find Gabriel, she had never mentioned seeing Segodi the previous night. She was too caught up in her own thoughts to do much of anything. Seeing him again felt too much like a dream. The girl started questioning her sanity, perhaps she was wrong. Maybe he was not Segodi. No, that was not possible, she knew it was him, no doubt about it.

Faol whimpered lightly before rising to her feet, and stretching out her arms as she made her way down the front steps. Gabriel was probably out doing his daily border patrols. All the kids were still in bed, fast asleep. Perhaps they could go out and catch a deer or something for all of them to have for breakfast. Another thing they needed to talk about. The kids. Faolin lifted her muzzle towards the sky and let out a half coyote-like yelp and half wolf-like howl calling him forth.

[/html]
[html]
He was crouched low, every nerve in his body tensed. One foot moved cautiously, as though he was walking on glass. Never once did his eyes leave the target; a young buck. The male had been driven mad by the rut, this was clear. He was underweight, more then likely coming from a lost fight, considering the way he was moving. It took a moment more and then everything fell into place. Pushing off like a gunshot, the Aquila moved with breakneck speed.

The buck bleated and took off. They ran for several hundred feet before the wet ground turned against the deer’s favor. His foot went wild and he half spun, half collapsed. By the time he hit the ground, Gabriel was on him. It didn’t take long; he was, after all, a natural born killer. It was at this point Faolin’s call came, which Gabriel glanced up at. He wasn’t that far from the beach—he could carry the buck back.

So it came to be that fifteen minutes later Gabriel was walking back, the carcass held over his shoulders as one might carry a wounded calf. As he neared, he spotted her, but did not call out. Whatever she wanted to talk about he was sure to find out soon; hopefully after depositing the buck in the kitchen.
[/html]
[html]

I did not see this. D:

It did not take too long before her call was answered. A shape was moving towards her, and the hulking body was that of Gabriel. It was unmistakable, especially in a land filled with coyotes. His scent washed up and over her along with the scent of fresh blood. It was as if he read her mind and she grinned before taking off from the porch and after him. She was about to tackle him, but refrained from doing it with a heavy buck on his back, a nicely sized one at that. She eyed it over, then eyed Gabriel over for any injuries. When all was clear she followed behind him back to the house.

She would wait on the porch for him so he could deposit the carcass inside for the children to eat when they finally awoke. "We need to talk, about a lot of things," she said, looking inside worriedly. How long would their food supply hold up for? Faolin was wondering if a pack hunt should be called soon. They needed as much meat as they could get their paws on, it was not a bad idea for storing food away now. It was getting quite cold, and already the morning sun was disappearing under a blanket of clouds. This entire week had been filled with rain, and her paws were damp from running out towards Gabriel.

Looking back to Gabriel, she looked at him worriedly. Faol was hoping he was not getting too worn out with running the pack. It was a hard task, and she would do her best at being by his side. "Just put it inside somewhere I guess. We need to figure out what we are going to do for the winter, with all the children running about, they are going to need more meat then ever. With so few, it's going to be hard to keep all these mouths fed." Faolin looked at him, kind of worried. Abruptly, she added in, "I saw Segodi yesterday."
[/html]
[html]
He listened to her speak, putting the scrawny deer down on the table. It couldn’t be more then one-hundred and thirty pounds at most, if that. Still, between the five of them in the house, it would do well for the time being. Popping his left shoulder, the hybrid looked up to his mate’s face. While he was glad for her concern, it was starting to wear on him. Still, he loved her. He’d stay with her until something terrible happened, which God forbid it would not.

He was about to speak when she cut in again, leaving his mouth open and him standing there like an idiot. His jaws came together with a small click, and his eyes darkened slightly. “I saw him too,” he said, turning back to the deer. “Told me he didn’t know who I was. I told him to leave.” There had been more, but it didn’t really matter. “We’ll get everyone together for a hunt soon. We can’t go after bucks yet, they’re still all stir crazy from the rut,” he added, placing his hands on the table.
[/html]