Mature Question
Is it possible for a luperci to have, find or use a sexual toys. the only reason I ask is a play a lesbian and well A girl has needs. I want to know. And well Shan and I were talking about this but I just can't find anything on this.
I figure that they could find them, especially if they're plastic sealed.. but I dunno about using them, or the likely hood of finding them in the first place.
I'll admit I've thought about this one lol. I figure if they can find glass pipes and bongs there is no reason they can't find erotic toys of the glass variety. Which are also some of the easiest to keep clean too, btw. I don't know what kinda of issues there might be with plastics and stuff as far as how they would hold up.
lolololol -/not helpful.-

I'd agree with Katie on the glass ones. XD Plastic stored out of the sun could hypothetically stand the test of time, but anything left out in the open would degrade from UV exposure eventually.
Anything battery-powered would probably not work. Batteries especially would have all been destroyed since 1988, so keep that in mind.

Glass and well-sealed silicone might survive, however. You might also be able to have someone "craft" toys. The concept is easy enough, after all. Wink
I have have assumed that glass, wooden, and stones would have made it this long, and that as every one said well kept one like someone stored them in a storage tub, or a metal lock box would be better. Granted after time and heat the tub would warp, and the lock box would be a HUGE pain to open since all that key(I am guessing) that can be found around, and non of them really marked like "HEY I GO TO SUCH AND SUCH HOUSE"
Well, were are most sexual toys kept? I closets/nightstands/bathroom cabinets usually in a box or bag. Houses would be the best place to go, and I'm sure a plastic/silicone object would hold up for 20+ years in a dark place in a box. It's not unlikely at all o.o
Deuce andlucifer crafted one out of a leather wrapped bone. Kinky anyone? Lol
I am sure they could find them. But i am not pretty sure that in that case they will be able to discover for what are those "toys"
QUOTE (Akira Youali @ Oct 9 2011, 10:57 AM)
I am sure they could find them. But i am not pretty sure that in that case they will be able to discover for what are for those "toys"[/quote]
.... whaaaaaa? XD
lol it wouldn't be hard. They may not realize that it was their intended use true, but if they were looking to cure the itch or took fancy in such a thing it would be easy to make the connect or just plain tempted to give it a try. Seriously, you wouldn't believe the variety of objects people masturbate with..I've heard some very bizarre, disturbing things.
Granted, you can always carve one out of stone. Would take forever but the results would be smooth, clean and easily explainable scientifically xD I'm pretty sure ancients had made primitive things such as this.
I personally think carving would work, one of the older examples of such toys over here in the UK is made from ivory so I imagine a larger bone might work?
Ok I figured glass would survive. Making one seems simple, I just didn't know if it was like allowed. So yes I think areon finding one would be hard but making one is simple.
Even in a closet or box or bed stand, plastic is an organic based material and would therefore most likely deteriorate from the temperature changes and moisture that would be prevalent in abandoned houses, and I would think this would be even more likely given the softer types of plastics that would have been used for such accessories.

That is just my guess, and even if one is found and is useable, one also must consider the difference in shapes and sizes between human and canine anatomical differences. I haven't researched if there is a guideline for guidelines on anatomical differences of this nature. To me, there would not be a whole lot of differences in this part of the anatomy between the Lupus and Optime. Although, I'm not sure how closely they hold to the conservation of mass and energy in the souls universe.

To me, one would just make what they need from ivory, bone, leather and other available materials. I've heard of them being fashioned from these materials by homo sapiens long before modern technology was invented.

Just my thoughts on this.

You know, now that I think of it, books and clothing have survived, so I suppose something of this nature could have too. Even if anatomical differences prevent the use, would give the idea.
QUOTE (Temo Wolfe @ Oct 9 2011, 07:28 PM)
one also must consider the difference in shapes and sizes between human and canine anatomical differences. [/quote]
These differences really aren't all that great. Also toys are quite varying in shape, just because its a human dildo doesn't mean it has shaped like an actual human penis, many are just simply cylindrical in shape. Glass ones often come with 'knots' and bumps on them making them more akin to canine penis if you really want to take it that far. Size it's self wouldn't be an issue.

Not to mention that bestiality has proven the real deal works too I'm afraid.
This is a funny thread. XD

If your character can't find a sex toy left-over from the human era, there are other options: ancient peoples made their own sex toys from wood, stone, and other old-ass materials. Luperci could always make their own. -shrug-

There's also some other materials which would not degrade:

Acrylic glass, for example. I'm not sure if they actually make sex toys from this, but whatever. >_> It's safe for various uses, so perhaps.

Quote:PMMA swells and dissolves in many organic solvents; it also has poor resistance to many other chemicals on account of its easily hydrolyzed ester groups. Nevertheless, its environmental stability is superior to most other plastics such as polystyrene and polyethylene, and PMMA is therefore often the material of choice for outdoor applications.
Metal would work to. Metal, can be melted down and/or with a tool use it to smooth it out and also use it to shape it.
QUOTE (Noah @ Oct 9 2011, 08:57 PM)
Metal would work to. Metal, can be melted down and/or with a tool use it to smooth it out and also use it to shape it. [/quote]
In my opinion metald would be too hazardous for a female's genitals. Crystal, PMMA, VERY smoothed wood or even some kinds of stone may be useful. Also, there's the chance that the female would masturbate with even a random stick just because it lessens the itch (i've known that a canine's estrus isn't very...pleasant :S) and feels good.

Whatever fits your tastes XD