Bless thy blood and kin
about 7pmish?
3+

Once again she made the harrowing trip up the Halycon mountains tpwards Gampo abbey but this time she was not doing it to start another pack howl but she was coming to see the Reiseki and hopefully ask a favor of him if he was not too busy. The journey was long and exhausting for the pregnant expectant mother and it would have been much easier for her had one of her horses been ridable but alas it was not to be so the woman had to make the trek on foot, stopping frequently to catch her breath and have a drink from the water bottle she had found.

When she did finally reach the top of the mountains she didn't immediately make her way towards the abbey but instead stopped to simply stare at the surrounding landscape. It was beautiful as it always was with the sun that was almost fully set creating an extraordinary visage of different colors and patterns that had her wishing she had any skill at art or drawing so she could attempt to copy this and capture it forever in a world of painting and worship, as luck would have it Jace had no skill she could determine at painting although she had tried it in the past and had resigned herself to being an artist of the voice instead of the hand.

The short walk to the abbey was quick enough and Jace felt the chills and raised hairs that she always did when looking upon the magnificent building. Such love, care and dedication had gone into creating it, that it still looked as grand as the day it had been finished. She pushed open the door to the abbey and entered in quietly, respect for the place of worship thrumming though he veins and called out softly,

"Reiseki? Reiseki are you in here?"
[html]

<3

The Reiseki, the man of spiritual peace and harmony, was indeed inside the building. He had been pondering, as he usually did, on matters that were outside the realm of objects and worldly materials - matters of the mind and the soul and the heart. He heard the door open and drew himself from his thoughts back to the world - he could attend to those matters later, but now he smelled a fellow Ichikan and heard her call for his name. He recognized her as Jace.

He turned towards the black, white, and brown wolfdog that now stood in front of him and smiled warmly, placing his hands together and bowing . His dark cloak was on, and the hood was pulled over his head - fall was here and the days were steadily growing colder and colder. "Jace," he rumbled, his deep and rich voice washing over the room. "How are you?"

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#BFD2E1;}
.ansui02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.ansui02-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

000+

[/html]
3+

She was faced with the large dog hybrid and copied his motions, putting her hands together and bringing them to her forehead, he wore a cloak that covered his form and Jace assumed it to be for the cold wind that seemed to blow almost constantly up here in the mountains, Jace was quite warm within her luxurious, thick coat of fur as was her birth right,

"Namaste Ansui. As always it is an honor to be graced with your presence." She bowed her head to him as well in a greeting with added formality and respect. His voice, deep and rich as it was, reminded her of her beloved grandfather who had passed on before the girl had turned 6 months old, her mother had often said that he had a story teller's voice, made to caress the words and paint a story with them in the mind of the listener but she was not here to listen to stories she was here to ask something of the Reiseki,

"Well enough Ansui, this pregnancy treats me well, no extra pain or discomfort other than the norm." Jace fiercly avoided tearing up at the though of her first two, the ones that had never gotten to grow let alone live. The patchwork fae shifted her feet and disguised her attempt to clear her thoughts with a quick sweep of the room, admiring the grandeur and splendor of the place before she managed to control her emotinos and bring her mismatched eyes back to Ansui, she cleared her throat and returned to her formality, adressing him by his rank title,

"Reiseki I have a favor to ask of you, well two favors actually. Firstly If you would be so kind, it is my wish for you to bless the children on their first morning after the birth." She paused here for a second, smothing her fur down nervously before continuing, "Secondly, before the formation of Ichika when I was still part of Phoenix Valley, I comitted a grave sin that I now want to atone for, if you would let me I would stay here and meditate and ask the gods and godesses for forgiveness for these sins. I do not wish any bad karma to befall my little ones nor anyone else within the pack, especially not when it is of my own causing. Thank you as well for giving me your time Reiseki." The woman ended her requests of him and bowed her head again, Jace put a lot of stock into the priests, the ones that were closest to the Great Mother.
[html]

His heart lightened with the words she spoke, and he too clasped his large hands together and bowed. He caught the glimpse of pain in her eyes before she diverted them and glanced around the room, now only seeming to be admiring the decorations along the walls and the floor. He did not pry - it would be a bad thing, in his eyes, to pry into a business which others sought to hide from him - but simply kept his eyes sympathetic and warm for the girl in front of him who sought his help and guidance.

He wasn't' surprised when she gave him two requests - one to bless her children, which of course he would do. He loved children - their innocence, sweetness, and charm were endearing to him, and even - especially the tiniest and youngest forms of life were beautiful in their own ways. As for the second request - a request of less innocence - he pondered.

"But of course," he said to the first about the puppies - and on the second he said, more gravely, "And you may indeed meditate and seek forgiveness, both from the gods and goddesses and from yourself. Would you like me to assist you or is this a task you seek alone?"

<style type="text/css">
.ansui02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7999B2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Y25fg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D3E2; padding: 57px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B607C; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

000+

[/html]
blagh this post sucks
3+

He let her have her quiet moment to recompose herself and for that she was very grateful. The wound was still too raw and still bled profusely in all honesty for her to just bandy about the topic at will like it was yesterday's gossip. She would never be able to so blatantly disrespect their memory, the she wolf swallowed heavily and tried to forget her pain and sorrow but it would not allow itself to be forgotten, it clung to her heart as tight as it could and the harder she tried to claw it free the tighter it gripped until it felt like she was suffocating in it.

A forced yet thankful smile stretched across her muzzle and she unconsciously stroked her large stomach, they would have all the blessings of kings and queens rained down upon them, she would make it so even if she had to search to the ends of the earth to find the people capable, he agreed and a lean weight swung off of her shoulders, she could breathe easier now. As for her penance,

"Yes, I believe your assistance could help and it would be greatly appreciated." She hesitated a second debating internally about whether or not to tell him of her crime before realising if he did not know the nature of it then he could not help her to atone for the sin. But to full understand the crime she would have to tell the whole story, a concept which made her want to throw up and cry at the same time. Her stomach twisted uncomfortably before she managed to speak,

"The story is long and rather gruesome. do you mind if we sit down?" A hand crept around to rest against her spine. The muscles in her thighs were beginning to ache now along with her back, the journey up here had not been kind to her.
[html]

so sorry for the wait!

Ansui nodded as the female admitted that she wished to accept help from him - he would make sure that her acceptance with herself and her own forgiveness would go smoothly, as he had done with many others, including himself. Peace of mind could be achieved by oneself, but with help, it was much easier to do, and Ansui was glad that his packmate Jace was willing to do what it took to allow herself the forgiveness and peace of mind she deserved.

He nodded again as she asked if they could sit; "Forgive me," he said, apologizing for his lack of concern to the woman's condition as he swiftly walked to a corner of the large room and dragged two soft, plush pillows made from sheep wool and stuffed with feathers to the center where they stood. He sat down on one, sitting with his legs crossed and his elbows lightly balancing on the knees of the mountain dog's legs, and gestured for Jace to do the same, although he did not expect her to use a position that was uncomfortable to her. "Please sit - these handmade pillows are quite soft."

<style type="text/css">
</style>

000+

[/html]
lol me too D: we're both really bad with this thread x,x Big Grin

She offered him an almost shy smile as he uttered for her to forgive him, there was nothing to forgive, at least not in her eyes. She was still in body but within her mind panic was mounting with every second that passed, she tried to keep it down and succeeded only just. Where was her strength? Where was her will power and courage? She was not some beaten weak creature to cower before another. These thoughts helped to calm her down and she inhaled a deep breath and looked again to Ansui. He was willing to hear her story and not pass judgement until she had explained everything, willing to help her bear the burden of what she had done, Jace knew she would never regret the lives she had taken but she did not wish her children to suffer for them. This was for them, not for her and for her new pack mates as well. She knew all too well the furious revenge that a god's ire was, her pack had been wiped out because of it.

Silence reigned as she tried to think of the words to explain it, to simply blurt it out seemed to cold and too cruel to her fragile heart. To tear open wounds that had only holed in the barest minimum. She was a soft souled person deep down and the deaths of her children had distressed her so much. She did not try to rush her starting sentence somehow knowing that Ansui would wait for her no matter how long it took, no matter if they had to sit here all night before she could find her voice and speak to him. Within her birth pack Jace would have had a support group, a safety net made up of the other females of the clan, all who had suffered the loss of children, some with numbers well up into the thirties, such sadness and sorrow. This group would have been there for Jace and would have understood in every way what she was feeling, here there was none of that. Ichika may be a pack of peace but they were not bound together by blood and death, they did not fight together day after day to stay alive.

Ultimately Jace was having to deal with her grief and loss without her safety net there to keep her afloat. Her lower jaw trembled as she sat down with some awkwardness as directed, her legs were splayed out in front of her in an ungainly posture and she ducked her head slightly, upset that she could not sit in a more regal and respectful position. Her mind whirled round and around itself like a dog chasing its own tail, the reference was fitting, until she eventually came to the conclusion that blunt was the only way she could start off her tale, finally it came out,

"I tortured and killed the man that tried to dig up my dead children so he could eat them!" The female pitched forwards to pull on her ears with ashen paws and moaned in a distressed voice.