Crossing paths
300+[html]

Dated Sept 23rd. Sorry it took me so long to get this up :x and just in case I forget to mention in my post, Anann is armed with a obsidian dagger(left thigh) and two cavalry sabres(back; one hilt at her left shoulder, other at her right hip), Rem is not tacked and is likely to react aggressively if he feels Drizzt is a threat to Anann c:

The stallion moved at an easy lope as they headed northward through the forest. The path was well traveled and considerably wide for a trail cutting through the forest undergrowth. Anann had been making it a point to venture out from Cour des Miracles with a little more frequency as of late. The war growing the south was only part of the reason. The amber woman took in the terrain with renewed interest as it passed them by, though it was the distant shore she wished to see. Knowing that if she was to take Anatoliy away from the small port at Lunenberg she would need to find one whereever it was that they would make their new home. She could not deny her fisherman the sea.

Feeling a slight change to Rem’s gait Anann knew he was beginning to tire and leaned back ever so slightly to signal the horse to slow his pace. With the war looming ever closer to their own borders Anann would not not tire her horse without a damn good reason. As the friesian slowed to a walk the honey hued woman dismounted gracefully. She stopped a moment, crouching to adjust the lacing of the leather bracers that covered the bare skin and thin hair near ankles. The same style bracers could be seen on her wrists cover similar marks. Though the bite of the rope still showed along the thin spots along her muzzle. Not all scars could be covered.

Once she was all set Anann trotted after the horse that had went on without her, following his nose to water. Rem was far better at detecting it’s sources than she was. She didn’t know if it was years of experience or simple prey intuition, but either way Anann couldn’t argue with results. It was only a matter of minutes before he had brought them to a small stream, only a foot or so across, but it was enough for them to wet their throats.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOc: Drizzt is a stalker… XD

Drizzt had just finished sketching out the northern areas of Nova Scotia, and was heading inland from the shoreline. He had just passed by Inferni, not bothering to get close to the pack of Coyotes. His hand was sore from his lining and corrections, marking key landmarks, and from naming locations of interest. The Russian had put the note pad and pencil away before traversing through the trees, heading south east to find a nice quiet area to relax. His brother’s cloak, which he had cut to fit his body, flowed easily behind him as he quietly stepped between the trees, his feet not making a sound. He paused as he heard the distinct clopping of horse hooves. Withdrawing into the dense shadows of a tight grouping of trees, the man pulled his cowl up and gathered dark cloak around him then waited in patience for the horse to come into view.

It only took a few minute for the creature to come walking by, bridled, and bearing a female rider. The woman swung her legs and gracefully dropped from the creatures’ back. The horse continued on, unabated. He watched the rider tighten a shin guard. His eyes examined the weapons that she carried with interest. ‘A duel blade fighter… How interesting.’ The last wolf he had seen with such weapons was Jaden, and that fight had been a learning experience for the Russian. He was uncertain whether or not his scent had reached her nose, but his curiosity was perked.

Still keeping his noise to a whisper, the man followed the woman as she continued after the horse. His keen eye noticed marks on her muzzle that looked like the skin had been rubbed raw. He did not like the implications that it left.

They caught up to the horse at a small stream, where the woman moved to sate her own thirst. Drizzt was not certain, but he figured she must have noticed he was following her by now, and stepped out in the open, dropping his cowl. His face was neutrally curious as he stared at the sabers strapped to her back. “I see… Are you a mounted fighter than?”
300+[html]

Rem’s not bridled c: completely tackless. Anann should warm up fairly quick, once they get to talking a bit.

Something was not settling right with Anann as she knelt to lap at the water’s surface. Fur prickling at the unnerving feeling of being watched. There was a distinct feeling that they were not alone and whoever it was must truly be skilled to have stayed off her radar, trailing them like a ghost. She hadn’t even heard him as he approached from behind, at least not until he had wished her too. Amber ears pulled back at the still soft foot steps as she stood and Anann turned to face him as his voice sounded out. A golden hand lingering near the dagger at her thigh as she gave him a weary look. ”I am.” she said with a firm nod.

Anann tossed a glance at Rem beside her, the friesian stallion also giving the stranger a hard look, but he didn’t seem particularly troubled with the male’s presence and her hand near her dagger relaxed. ”I’m Anann.” She jutted a finger at the Stallion. ”He’s Rem.” Anann thought to offer a hand in greeting, but still slightly unsure of the stranger she thought it too big of an opening. ”We were just scouting these lands.” For what purpose, well she just didn’t quite feel like saying yet.

Dark umber eyes looked over the cloaked figure, noting his own dual scimitars. Though much of him was concealed under his cloak and other clothing, Anann gauged him to be of a strong build. He certainly carried himself as such. Though she wasn’t sure how he could tolerate so much clothing. She also found it slightly odd that one such as himself did not smell of a pack. Not that he needed the help in taking care of himself, but what was a warriors's duty, if not to protect?

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOc: Finally have time to reply...

Drizzt's lavender eyes twinkled when he heard the woman was scouting the area. His own role for now was to scout around and map out what he could, though he doubted she was here to do the same. He watched the horse carefully, remembering when he had last been on the wrong end of one of the beasts. His hand twitched reflexively at the memory and he scooted back a step. Coughing, he bowed slightly to cover the step. "I find that an odd coincidence, as I was doing the same, though I am supposed to stick to the coast line." The Russian idly shuffled his feet as he watched the beast of burden. "Your horse... Rem? He is not an aggressive creature, I hope? I have not had much luck with them in the past..." He said wearily. He was not afraid of horses, but he knew well enough to respect their power.

The man knew he should focus on discovering the females reason for scouting, though her weapons and creature held his immediate attention. The horse seemed to be staring straight at his heart and the man pulled his cloak tight around him, ignoring the temperature, his eyes going stony at the thought. His heart was the one part of him Malice had never controlled, and never would. His deep lavender eyes staring right back at the horses, the male wondered what passed through Rem's mind.
[html]
No worries ^^ / +#00

Anann's ears perked a bit from their slightly relaxed posture as the male mentioned the fact that he had been scouting near the coast. A smile pulling at her lips as she gave a light smile. Quite the coincidence, indeed! Since the coast is where I am headed. She said with a touch of amusement. I am hoping to find repairable dock or harbor. Or at the very least a suitable location for one. For Anatoliy's sake she wanted whatever territory they ended up settling in to be suitable for both their needs.

Anann was well aware that not all canines were as comfortable around horses as she was. Rem especially, could be rather intimidating. He can be. He is trained for war after all, She answered honestly to his question, but generally he shows others the same courtesy he is given. He prefers to be treated as one of us, rather than something lesser. The large stallion was much like his rider; showing no more force or dominance than what is called for, but such patience was often lost to the disrespectful.

Finally her curiosity got to her and Anann just had to ask since the male had not introduced himself as of yet and his Russian accent had caught her curiosity. You wouldn't happen to be a Russo, would you? It seemed just as likely as not, what with the Russian accent and all. Though she didn’t see much of the family resemblance in this man, nor did his scent support the thought

<style type="text/css">
.ananna b {font-weight:bold; color:#828c81; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #29311d; }
.ananna p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ananna {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#485139; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b7z0t.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 195px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#64735d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.ananna p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ananna p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Drizzt pondered after the woman’s goal. A dock or a harbor were common enough in Nova Scotia, as he knew well. But a repairable one? That’d be a find. Most of the sea ports he had seen were so rotted that attempting to dock a boat there would be like tying a horse to a dead sapling. “A daunting task considering their general disrepair… But it sounds like a rewarding endeavor within itself. Is it for trade with another pack, or for fishing?” He questioned curiously, putting the picture in his head. His curiosity only increased when he realized that the woman’s scent trailed with the marks of the Cour des Miracles pack. What would they want this far west?

His pondering drifted off again as he listened to the woman speak for the horse, who remained standing beside the woman, still staring at him. He shifted uncomfortably but kept his hands away from his weapons, instead focusing on the woman’s words. He nodded at Annan, having a slight feeling of kinship with the creature. An assassin after all was nothing more than a tool. “And on that, dear Rem, I believe we have a common view. Inima mea, a ta, prietene.” He said hesitantly, bowing slightly to the Equine.

The Russian turned curiously to the woman’s question, raising an eyebrow. He wondered what she meant for a moment before realization lit his eyes and he realized the the question was to his surname. ”Nay, I bear not Russo, nor any other name from my sires. My name is simply Drizzt, until I find myself a name with which I can find similarities to. I am not familiar with the name Russo either. I hail from Romania, west and south of Russia herself.” He explained to the woman his hands moving brfore him as if upon a map, a wistful smile upon his muzzle.
[html]
/ +300

The amber hued woman gave an nod of acknowledgement. It was true that repair a dock would be no easy task, but felt that it was not beyond reach. Fishing. Anann replied simply, for she knew that was Anatoliy’s plans for his boat. Though she supposed trade might be an eventual possibility, but one thing at time. My mate has a boat and a friend and I are looking to start a pack. This area has caught our interest due to it’s central location in relation to the rest of the pack. So I’m just out doing some preliminary scouting. Anann figured it was best at this point to be open with her reasons for being in the area. If Drizzt had already been scouting the area, especially the shores, than perhaps he could save her quite a bit of time if he could point her in the right direction at the very least.

Rem responded with a slight bow of his own head. The horse knowing well enough that he was being talked about and the general meaning of the wolf’s words. He eyed the stranger a little less harshly and began to let his attention turn towards grazing. Though he kept an ear angled towards the conversation of the canines.

Anann had always found it quite uncanny at the number of relatives that Anatoliy had around whilst being so far from home. Or at least he had at one time. It seemed the vast majority of the Russo family had scattered out. Still with the similarity in accent, it was difficult for Anann to dismiss the chance that Drizzt possibly be yet another relative of her mate. My mate is Russian, you see. Since you are both so far from home I just thought that perhaps you were yet another relation of his. They have a habit of cropping up. And quite usually when she least expected it.

<style type="text/css">
.ananna b {font-weight:bold; color:#828c81; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #29311d; }
.ananna p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ananna {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#485139; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b7z0t.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 195px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#64735d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.ananna p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ananna p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]