Some call me a sinner, others, a saint
[html]
Out of Character

Hey guys, this is an AW thread but only 2 people max please. Zera'im is outside Anathema borders near musquodoboit valley. +340

In Character

It was a cool and overcast day and Zera'im had just finished setting up her meditation tent about a half mile away from her cave. She had placed it in the woods, and tonight her week long fasting would culminate in a physical and spiritual cleanse that would leave her exhausted the next morning. But for now, she sitting in the centered of her slightly domed, raw-hide structure reading the gospels as she usually did before a cleanse. The word of the Great Spirit always soothed her bodily aches, and she could barely even notice the extreme hunger pangs or arthritis that plagued her.

She was also burning incense, a few sticks at a time, their heady scent filling the tent and leaking out the small hole on the peak. This is why she had set the tent up in the trees rather than the open; the leaves would not let the smell waft to far to alert the sensitive noses of her brethren. Though, if one were to wander near, they would surely notice her, but she was ready for such a visit. Sitting on the ground outside the tent was a small circle altar, made up of crystals, feathers, bones and stones. It was set up in a protection pattern, and the crystals used were those for healing and spiritual efficacy.

She looked up from her reading for a moment, removing the small wire spectacles she sometimes used to read the Word, and looked out into the forest beyond. Up in the tree a red headed wood pecker sat silent, taking a midday sleep. Zera'im closed the book, leaving her rosary inside as a place holder, and set it aside. She rested her arms on the knees of her crossed legs, a perfect lotus position despite her arthritis, and she closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She let the silence of the world wash over her, but her fringed ears rotated like satellite dishes, slowly scanning for any hint of life as she let her mind wander freely.

<style>
.nat03sdb-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.nat03sdb-c03 b {color:#eeddcc;}
.nat03sdb-c03-b {width:427px; border:1px solid #777777; margin:0px auto;}
.nat03sdb-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ddbbaa; text-shadow:#ddbbaa 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.nat03sdb-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.nat03sdb-c03 {background-color:#656565; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #665555; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cccccc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9NIxD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Hey there! Wassup? Big Grin Sammy is in Optime. Excuse my fail, you are way better at this!

Long ivory legs carried her, Samantha's legs were beginning to ache, as she had been walking all day. The young woman had spent her time around these areas visiting her soon-to-be mate Rain Marks in Anathema. Samantha sacrificed her home of Ichika for Rain, she would miss the pack but she loved Rain so much more. The foliage around her path became much thicker, Samantha believed that everything was part of the Great Mother. She carefully moved them out of the way and carried on. A smell of something burning (although it was a pleasant smell) was in the air. The girl followed the scent until she came into a little clearing in the forest, a woman sat cross-legged, a perfect lotus poise. A gentle smile crossed Sam's features and she approached. She was careful to not make any sign of a threat. She licked her lips nervously. This woman was older and seemed to be reading some kind of book. The young wolf was always eager to learn new things, "H-Hello, I hate to interrupt or intrude. But...What is that book? I haven't really seen books much, but that one is making me a little curious." Her voice was soft and rather shy, that was usual for strangers that she just met, and Samantha was one of peace she liked friendship and love. "Do you mind if I join you?" She suddenly asked. "My name is Samantha Jarret." She sat down and tried to imitate the lady in the way that she sat. She didn't want to anger her, maybe get to know her. More and more the Book was making her curious.

Sam sat beside her, the scent of incense dizzying her a little as it was potent when up close. "If I may ask, what are you doing here?" Her voice was tinted with an edge of curiousness. She really wanted to know. This was not what she saw many days in Ichika. Her tail flicked back and forth as she waited.

table by cactus; code by the Mentors!

<style>
.samgalaxy { background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2hpnn80.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#1c9faa; width:499px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samgalaxy b {color:#713c46; }
.samgalaxy p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samgalaxy p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samgalaxy .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Thanks for hiking all the way from InH! / +320

In Character

She sat there for several long moments in silence before in the distance she could hear the padfalls of an individual growing near. Before she could smell her, before she could see her, she could tell it was a female. The spirits whispered in the tree tops about the approach of a white wolfess. Zera’im opened her evil eye when the female was within sight but immediately opened up her other eye, for the aura of this one was pure and peaceful.

Zera’im returned the woman’s gentle smile and without saying a word gestured for the woman to sit, which she did, peppering Zera with a myriad of questions. The collie woman sat silently, absorbing the new girl’s presence and sorting through her words before answering softly, Hello Samantha Jarret, I am Zera’im. You have only interrupted the beginning stages of my cleanse but do not worry yourself, I was expecting company in one form or another. She smiled warmly and retrieved the whether book beside her in her white paws, This book is called the Holy Bible, it is a book that was written by humans when they were graced with its words by the Great Spirit thousands of years ago. I follow the teachings within in this book, and was reading it to calm my mind before the storm that will come tonight. She stroked the leather bindings of the book gently, it was obviously very precious to her.

She then looked back to Samantha, who she already knew was not a part of Anathema due to her scent, and this eased her worries. Being so close to the borders of a great pack was risky, but Zera had been blessed by friendly visitors rather than those who would wish to send her away. Now I ask you a question, what is it you are searching for? It was a vague question that held much mystery within it.

<style>
.nat03sdb-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.nat03sdb-c03 b {color:#eeddcc;}
.nat03sdb-c03-b {width:427px; border:1px solid #777777; margin:0px auto;}
.nat03sdb-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ddbbaa; text-shadow:#ddbbaa 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.nat03sdb-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.nat03sdb-c03 {background-color:#656565; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #665555; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cccccc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9NIxD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nat03sdb-c03 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nat03sdb-c03 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]