only yesterday..
Iskata had been surprised at first when she'd found out that her grandson had left his packlands, but after she realized that the pack he'd relocated to was his father's she began to understand. Convincing herself that it was better that he was with a parent than being raised by other relatives seemed right, and since his mother was gone it was only right that he went to join Pilot. She smiled slightly as she trotted along the edge of their borders, wanting to wait like a good like visitor but wanting to find her grandson quickly as well. Sighing to herself she took the dive and cross the packlines.

She knew she shouldn't be doing it, but she wanted to make certain that everything was fine with Sirius. Flicking her tail back and forth she hummed to herself as she quickly made her way along a trail heading towards the mists of their lands. She kept her ears perked for sounds of the others, she didn't know how they'd take to her trespassing, even though she was looking for a relative. Silently hoping that she didn't cross with anyone unless it was someone who knew her she bowed her head and padded on towards the central part of the packlands, hoping that her grandson was home.
[html]

He knew that there was a rule that if you found somebody on the borders they couldn't come in unless you got the permission of one of the leaders, but today he didn't need to worry about that. The wolf that he was stalking was already within the packlands, the scent of a different pack coming off of her in traces in the wind. He had the feeling that he knew her, that he had maybe met her before, but his attention span wasn't very long...how long had he seen her for?

And he naturally wouldn't remember everything from his childhood. He came upon the older wolf, jumping out from the brush, his fur on end. "Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Whass you doing heres?" He'd be a proud protector of the lands someday...why not start today?

[/html]
She was amused. Too amused. The small bottlebrush tail was so puffed out and the squeaky voice that was so demanding just made her want to burst out laughing. Lowering her head as she bit back a fit of giggles she raised a brow at the boy and smiled. "Ain't you pos' to respect your elder?" she asked the runty looking pup before her as she sat back on her haunches and lilted her head to the side as she watched him. He was such a sight and he reminded her of what she missed about her own babes.

Too soon the fit broke loose and the lady sat back chuckling as she gazed down at the boy with a sparkle in her eyes. "You're a bit big for your britches little man.." she teased as she raised up off the ground and lowered her forelegs and face down to his size. Growling playfully she smiled. "Reminds me of my grandson.." lifting her eyes to the air she acted thoughtful for a moment. "Now.. what was his name.." her brows raised as a soft exclamation drew from her maw. "Ah! Sirius.. always a little scamp.. running off without telling his old Grands!" she closed her eyes slightly as her cheek lay against her leg, a smile playing on her maw as she watched her adopted grandson before her.
[html]

She was so much bigger than him...but he didn't really realize it. He thought that he was terrifying, and that everyone ought to be afraid of him. He looked puzzled, his fur un-poofing a little, stepping back. She wasn't afraid? These were his lands, and he was going to protect them from wrong-doers! He was definitely going to be a superhero someday, once he figured out how to get some special powers.

"I knew I knowed you!!" His growl turned into a grin, little tail whipping back and forth excitedly. "You comed to see me? Just me??" It was really neat, that an adult had come all the way here. "I lefted wivout tewwing anyone 'cause Nani and Gamma D would be weawwy mad"

[/html]
Iskata crouched down to be more at the young one's height as she smiled when he realized that he did know her. She chuckled and nodded agreement with the child. "Yes you! Why would I come looking for anyone else?" she asked as she cocked her head to the side, watching the small boy carefully as she continued on. "Your family misses you.. your Gamma D wishes she could see you so much.." Iskata felt a small stab of sorrow in her heart at the treatment Deuce was receiving because of her past actions. Shaking her head slightly she lowered her head to her paws and smiled again. "You miss us?" she asked as she settled down before the boy.

Lifting her head up once to press her nose to the small boy's chest she watched him with raised eyes as she asked, "I bet your dad's happy you're here though.. right?" of course Pilot would be happy one of his children had come to live with him, so far they hadn't really had much time to bond but now the two boys would have all the time in the world. Smiling slyly she piped up. "Wanna hear a story bout your da?" she asked, remembering the strange boy that was raised by squirrels, wondering if his son knew.
[html]

There weren't any other puppies here, something that made him a little sad. Didn't anyone else want puppies of their own? He was used to being around a lot of others from his age group, instead of a bunch of adults. They were fun, too, but Sirius didn't understand them sometimes.

Puppies were just easier to talk to. "I dunno! I thinked maybe you came to see Da or TayTay." They were the leaders, and he'd heard that wolves often came in looking for them. It made sense, since they were the bosses! "I miss you and Gamma...but you can comes here and see me whenever you wants! I just has to ask Da if it's okay. Unwess you alweady asked"

He agreed that his dad was glad to have him there. "Da said he was happy. There are stories about him?"

[/html]
Leaning down to him with her cheek resting against her foreleg she smiled at the boy, her eyes twinkling as he began to speak. He was so excited and happy, but most pups were thatway, atleast from what she could remember they were. Tilting her head to the side to watch him move about as he spoke. Her ears flicked back as she grinned and shook her head at why he thought she was here. "Nope, I don't really know Tayui.. and I haven't really seen your father since we all settled, though I suppose I should talk to him if this old grannylady is gonna come visit." She smiled down at him as he seemed so happy to be with his father.

She lowered her hind legs down and tucked her tail along her side as she drew her head back, mock seriousness in her voice as Sirius asked excitedly about his dad. She smiled to herself as she thought of the leader before he really began to know his real side, remembering the mismatched wolf that had been raised by squirrels. She grinned and looked about all secret like before whispering. "He was raised by squirrels! He made your grandpa swear off eating squirrels because it horrified him to think that he may have been eating a relative!" she chuckled happily as she remembered the old days before the fire.
[html]

He flopped down into a more comfortable position for the story, looking up at her inquisitively. He really did like hearing stories--they were one of the things he could focus on for long periods of time. Some other things, though, like hunting, were still lost on the boy. He just couldn't sit still.

"That wasss a wong time ago?" He asked. Sirius /loved/ eating squirrel...how could his dad not like eating them? And how could a squirrel be family anyway? They looked so different from wolves. Surely his dad had known he wasn't a squirrel! "Whaa could da eat then?? He could eat...deers?"

[/html]
She grinned down at her grandson as he spoke of how long long ago that had to have been. Making a hrmf noise of fake disgruntle she stated mater of factly. "It wasn't THAT long ago... what, do you think I'm old as dirt then?" she asked as she teased the youth before her. It hadn't been that long ago, had it, She shook the thought from her head as she smiled and tilted her head to the side and chuckled as she began her story.

Looking up to the sky above them where squirrels were chittering in the trees above she spoke. "Long ago when your daddy was new to the lands he joined Storm because his squirrely mother told him he needed to be with his own kind. He couldn't really understand the ways of wolves and had to be taught lots of new things. One of the few things he ate when he first come to live in the lands was fish.. so I guess fish was what he ate.. besides nuts and berries. Do you think you could live off nuts and berries?" she asked him with a smile, she knew she couldn't, though she did love summer berries from time to time and other fruits she'd learned to grown from reading human books. The silver and gold wolfess had developed a bit of a sweet tooth for fruits, though she wouldn't really admit it to many.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

"I dunno how old you is. You's older dan dad? How much older? Why is you so much older? Is it bad to be old? Should I try to not be old?" It was so confusing to him. He knew that he would get bigger, but that he would eventually stop growing...but how big would he get? Would his size reflect how old he was? What about when he got to that certain height when he stopped growing? How were people supposed to know how old he was, then? Sirius thought about this, frowning. It didn't make any sense at all. "How old is dirt?"

"I try'd to eat grass one time...it tasted real bad"

[/html]
She chuckled at the words the youth said and the questions he asked. She could see how fast he could grow confused with so many different thoughts rolling in his little head. She closed her eyes slightly and thought about it before replying. "Well, I was here before your dad, so I'm older. I'm older, a lot older. About three years older, maybe more." she laughed at him asking if he should try not to be older. "Well, most pups can't wait to get older because we adults get to do so much more than you little guys. And if you don't get older how do you expect to grow and get bigger! It's just all connected, you gave to get older to get bigger and wiser. You want to be smart don't you?" She assumed that he wanted to make his family and pack proud, so of course he'd want to learn new things and grow older. She nosed him with her muzzle and smiled. "OF course.. if you get too old you'll be old as dirt, just like me." Her eyes twinkled as she joked with the boy. Very seriously she added. "Dirt is old, very very old. Trust me, it's old like me."

When he spoke of eating grass she wrinkled her nose and shook her head, making a strange face at the youth. "Grass can taste bad, but some can be good too! One day you'll discover all sorts of strange new things about yourself and want to try to be daring and exiciting. You'll like some change and some you'll hate, but change happens. It's one of those things that good or bad always comes along." She looked off into the distance, thinking off all the change they'd come upon lately, wondering what this boy was going to find in his life of change.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

Right now his plans where to stay here with his father, where he belonged. He had never felt like he really fit in in Twilight Vale, even though Naniko had always taken time to play with him and teach him things. He felt like it was her job to do it...and that she was only doing it because she thought she was supposed to. Sirius was young, but he still had his impressions of people. The wolves here were so much better than the ones over there.

Plus, Apollo was over there. His brother was so annoying...Sirius couldn't really stand him. "I don't know if I want to be smart. If I'm dumb...then I won't have to do anything, ever. I don't care if I grow up, just as long as I get to stay here forever." Odd words...but he tried to speak his mind as much as he could. Sometimes his thoughts didn't make sense, though. "I don't wanna be old like dirt--I'll stay young" He smiled, then, green eyes twinkling. "But you looks like you get along jus' fine...maybe it won't be so bad."

[/html]
Iskata rolled onto her back to watch the child as he began to chatter away, she grinned at him, her tongue lulling out as she watched him from the upsidedown view she'd taken up. When he began to speak she pawed at him, her paw catching his ear as she ruffed up his fur before leaving the boy be. Straightening up as she thought of his words she smiled softly and shrugged, not really sure what to say to his ideas of the world and growing up, all children's ideas were so different than adults and yet they were still so much alike. "Well, no one is going to make you go anywhere.. and your thoughts will change, one day you'll want to be smart and know things others don't. I can almost bet that." she smiled at the boy and caught the twinkle in his eye as she spoke of her. She laughed softly as she shook her head. "Nothing is as bad as it seems. You'll want to be older one day to, trust me. You might not think so now but you'll change your mind one day." Now she wasn't about to get into puppy love and the changes of teenagers, but she knew he'd be heading thatway soon. She really hoped his father was ready for it all when the time struck too. She was glad she wouldn't have to explain everything to the boy one day.