And I swear that I don't have a gun
[html]

nice to see ya again! Big Grin LOL
Her life had crumbled around her. Her pups were kept away from her. Her now former mate hated her. That was good, actually. What wasn't good was that his frumpy girlfriend had come to Twilight Vale. That made her angry. She set off in a random direction, just wandering aimlessly. She ignored pack borders. What did she care? She was soon to be outcast anyways.
She'd take tal and leave. Noah would probably want to stay with lucifer. More than probably, actually. He would stay. He was a daddy's boy in the way Tal was a momma's boy. It was all good. They'd been taken away out of fear she would hurt them. Only one she wanted to hurt was Lucifer. And Colibri, now. Colibri, who had stolen Lucifer from her. Jasper was no worry. A simple seduction, and he was out of the way.
She paused as she took a deep breath. She could faintly smell Colibri, and it angered her. Angered her deeply. She growled softly, seeing out the scent. Soon, another scent overpowered the woman's. That lovely male who had satisfied her so pleasantly. Consentual-nonconsentual sex. It was wonderful.
She followd it back to it's source. She leaned against a tree, her white-blonde mane falling in her eyes and curling around her shoulders and breasts. My,she was the picture of lovliness, was she not? And a paragon of politeness. hahaha.

[/html]
[html]

---

[Image: tablespacer.jpg]

The male was sitting not far from the pack borders, close to the sea. The beautiful sea. A hand clutched his chest, where he clumsily had attempted to wrap some cloth up so that the bleeding would cease, if only a little bit. Cuts and lesser injuries were spread chaotically on his body. He was tired, so tired. Red spots slowly danced across the scenery for some reason. He was not immortal after all, but that knife that was hidden in the church had been the start of it, and if it had not been for that silly weapon, the coyote would have been dog food by now(This was something he fully believed in, but not an actual fact).

He meant he could hear soft sounds of someone approaching, but his mind could not grasp hold of the thought before it faded away like a butterfly forced away by a violent breath. If it just could stop bleeding. He closed his eyes and sighed. His body ached together with his heartbeats, but he had always found a sick pleasure in pain, no matter how it was obtained, no matter how intense it was. The demon lived for pain, so no wonder. No matter who was the target, it brought forth. He had no choice but to obey, but he knew his wrists would be left alone for quite a while.

[/html]
[html]

you talk
It was him, though he didn't turn to greet her. He was wounded. Was her mystery lover Colibri's son? Interesting. She moved forward now, her footfalls soft on the sand. It reminded her of crossing the beach at Syemv. As she approached, she became more certain of it. Haku.... Her voice was soft, almost ethreal. There was no question, just statement.
He was wounded afterall. She was glad she'd stuffed herbs and the such in her pack. She tried not to travel without them. never knew when they'd be needed. She kneeled at his side, touching his shoulder. she wasn't fool enough to think she was in love. that was stupid. She knew the male only stirred lust in her. But seeing as he was bleeding, now was no time to think about sex. Later.
Colibri is your mother. Fitting. Her voice was dry, musing. She studied what she could see of his wounds, thenlooked up into his face. "Let me patch you up. Payment for the sex." It was a joke, and it came out that way. Almost. A little dry, a little self depreciateing. "I shouldn't have protested. He was unfaithful anyways." Now she did sound bitter. Angry. She was rambling, more to let him know she was here, than any need to be heard.

[/html]
[html]

---

The sound of his own name made ears flicker and eyes narrow. He recognized the voice of a female he had stumbled upon before. Blue eyes with red and emerald interrupting the former clean cerulean. Where did she pick up his name? It did not matter, her voice was not dangerous, nor was the cool hand on his shoulder. It was calming, and he moved his face dimly towards her, checking if it actually was her or simply a ghost. She was not, and she knew who his mother was. It was nothing he was ashamed of, and nothing that should be hidden, but a stir went through his body as her name was mentioned.

Her eyes were bi-colored. He wondered if he had ever taken notice of that before now. He gave a weak shrug as she pulled a joke. If anything, it would have been he that owed her for forcing her. She continued talking and he did not believe she expected any answer. His hand went to his chest, to the long cut. Rhymes with pity now.. His voice held a somewhat melody although it was weak. I’m sorry for being a bit rough. This was directed to the ivory lady kneeling by his side.

[/html]
Rhymes with pity now.. Lips remained in the same self deprecating smile. Ah, yes, that wonderful emotion. Don't we all rhyme with pity?[/i] She gently moved his hand away from the cut on his chest. It was deep and was oozing. A gentle frown pulled her lips down as she studied it. She automatically reached into her pack and pulled out a roll of gauze. The first thing she needed to do was clean it. She set the gauze on her knee, then reached into her seemingly endless pack and pulld out a bottle. [b]I have to clean this, my friend.

He pologized for being rouch, and now a real smile graced her face. Let me tell you something, dearheart. I enjoy it rough. I like it a lot. her tones also held melody, a lingering hint of the Irish lands her adopted father had come from. Taliesin, the one her son was named after, had been a healer. That was where she'd learned to read, and where she'd begun learning of herb. She alos knew all his old stories, too.

Without warning she splashed the fluid on the wound. She was sure it stung, most times whiskey did hurt going into a wound. She knew,she'd done it enough herself. She kept on arm on his shoulder, reassuring him with a healer's touch. She lookd at the wound, satisfied, then handed him the bottle. Drink, my friend. 'twill numb the pain of the stitches you are gonna need.
[html]

Sorry for the wait, RL is being a bit bitchy. I'll try to get to our other thread as well.

They all rhymed with pity and sympathy no matter where he went. She removed his hand from his chest, and he let if fall heavily into the ground. He closed his eyes as he decided to let her do whatever she wanted with him. She was her as a friend, not a furious and broken victim of rape. When he heard her soft voice after a few seconds, he opened his eyes at the same time as burning liquid was poured down into the wound. He drew a sharp breath and let his eyes shut tight a second time. The beast within him stirred as a small shot of adrenaline from the sudden pain ran through his blood, but it was nothing to worry about.

He lifted his hand a second time to rest it on the wound, but he managed interrupting the movement midair and let it this time gently float down to the forest floor. He took the time to replay the tape of her voice a second time, he smiled in amusement as he came to the part where she had said she liked it rough. Then they officially had something in common, he guessed. Rough was everything he know how to do well. He was not a gentleman when it came to dirty business. He took whatever he could get, but gave very little to nothing.

His hand was put in motion a third time as a bottle was handed to him. He opened his blue orbs with specks of crimson and gold. He drank it all in one go. Do your thing, love.

[/html]
[[Poem by me. lol]]

He drank down the bottle as she threaded the needle. It was just oridnary thread, the same kind she'd used on Phoenix and Physe. The same she'd used on herself on more than one occasion. Plain black thrad. She waited a few moments for the liquor to take effect, then pushed the needle into the males skin. Her movements were quick and efficiant, no surfeit of movement.

They had much in common, though they didn't know it. Haku had single handedly started a war between Dahlia lands and Inferni. Deuce had lost her first son, Shadow, to Inferni. In a gruesome and painful way, and thus had also miscarried the pups she'd been pregnant with. That had been the first crack in the doomed mateship, she supposed.

While she mused, she absently rambled on. She'd found over time that the mre she talked, the more relaxed her patients were. Haku was being treated to poetry. Deuce had recently discovered several tomes of poetry and had been reading like mad. It helped to ease the pain.

this is one of my favorites...

Dreams we keep
Locked up inside...
Daring them to come outside,
Only to see them die.

Dreams we keep
At night, by our side
Within them, a message hides
The hope never dies...

Dreams we keep...
Not knowing why...
When everyone lies....
And the dreams can only cry...

As she talked, she continued to stitch, tiny, storng stitches. The wound wasn't fresh enough to be able to promise no scarring. She would do her best, but she couldn't promise. She finsihed the stitches and pulled out her ointment made of goldenroot, willow, and other assorted herbs. She began slatehering it on, finishing the last verse of the poem.

Dreams we keep...
She laid curled in a ball
Protecting herself from it all
Watching her innocence die...

Why do we keep dreams...

...when all they do is lie?

She finished bandaging with a deft movement. She touched Haku's cheek. That will help with the bleeding and pain. She chuckled softly then. I never told you. My name is Deuce Rhiannon.
[html]

Sorry for the wait!

The effect of the alcohol came crawling up on him, but the pain from the needle was there. Nevertheless, he was not a sissy, and he had already lost a great deal of blood, he was a wreck, weak. The alcohol pulled a warm blanket over him and wanted to tuck him into sleep. He stayed awake though, helped by the needle and the black thread, but the world had slowly begun to turn around and around when he had his eyes open, so he kept them shut, listening to a soft voice. Why do we keep dreams.. Her words echoed through his head, and a shadow stirred. We do not. His words were always final, and Haku turned his back at the darkness because there was nothing more to say or hear.

Pretty.. His voice was slow and dragged itself out between halfway shut lips. He did not know how long everything had taken, but the needle had gone bye bye, and cloth tightened around his chest. A cool hand touched his cheek and made him open his eyes despite the constant turning of the world. Deuce Rhiannon. They both knew each other’s name and the magic was broken, if it ever had been there from the start. His hand touched his chest lightly, and it was as he had believed. She had actually bandaged him up and sown the long cut. At that moment, he saw her as amazing. Deuce, thank you..

Then, a smile appeared. How would you like me to repay you? Give and take.

[/html]
((You don't want Deuce in Dahlia now. She gets jealous too easy. LOL))

A smile touched her lips and she stroked his cheek lightly. He touched his chest, and she took his hand away from the bandages. How would you like me to repay you? She laughed soflty. You can start by not playing with the bandages. She looked at him then, really looked at him. Her eyes were soft. Here was someone who didn't judge her, didn't think her insane and try to keep her away from her loved ones. here was someone who accepted her the way she was.

Just get better haku. Don't make me lose one of the few friends I have. She was terribly insecure about her friends. Lucifer had taken away Conri, her stepson, and Naniko, his mate. he'd turned them against her. He'd turn others against her too. All it took was one word. Insane. And the pale woman really wasn't. She had been once upon a time, but she was more normal now than she had been in years.
[html]

cry. also, my laptop died a few days ago, so now i have found a really old and awful one. boo this sucks.

He would do as she said for now, but as soon as she would turn her back away, his hand would probably settle upon the bandage. It was a pain he was not used to, it was pain and nothing else. His eyes detached themselves from the bandages and met hers. He was met with warmth, and his baby blue orbs reflected it perfectly. Her words warmed as much as simple words could, but not much more unfortunately. He was what he was, it had not been his choice to rot. So sad.

He slowly let his hand rise, and for once it did not settle upon his bandaged chest, but it found her hand that was so softly stroking his cheek, and he pulled it gently. Come here, gal. A soft smile completely stripped for the hint of cruelty that almost always was present. I need some therapy right away, don’t go. If she just wanted to sit with him and keep him company just for a little while longer. He did not want to be drunk and beaten up alone.

[/html]
He took her hand and tugged it, and she willingly followed. She eased herself to his side, making sure not to jostle him too much. I need some therapy right away, don’t go. She laughed softly, an almost bitter note coming into her vocals. Hun, we all need some therapy. Even after we're sane again, we still need it.

She knew how true that was. She was sane now, and still everyone insisted on trying to make her better. She'd be better if they'd just stop trying to protect her children from her. Oh well. She left her hand in his. It was a nice feeling, to sit with someone and not feel pressured or like they are out to hurt her.

Talk to me, Haku...tell me whats bothering you. How did you get hurt?
[html]

She floated down beside him and he leaned a bit over to her, inhaling the scent of female, of her. He loved the words coming out between her lips. What was it like to be sane? Haku had never moved together with the flock of sheep. He was darker in coloration, darker in soul, darker in heart. Her hand stayed in his, and he let a couple of finger softly stroke the index of her palm, careful and light, one could even call it lovingly. This scene was lovely.

I am a monster. I go after pray too dangerous for a solitary man only. This was a way of saying it, he supposed. No one wanted to understand what he was trying to do, what he tried to wipe away. One less hostile group to deal with, what was the problem? Why did he fail to see problem in solutions? Everyone else seemed to. Why were they so frail and delicate, the rest? Were they so egocentric and empty for care?

[/html]
I am a monster. I go after pray too dangerous for a solitary man only. His fingers stroking her palm was soothing, but his words were making her think. Those weren't hoof marks, she knew the difference. They looked rather like the marks that marred her own beauty. Claws and fangs. The brute force of anger.

Her attacker was unknown to her, but he'd been deliverate in his actions. She didn't know him, though he'd known exactly where to find her. Ahren, though she didn't know the males name. He'd roughed her up pretty good, broken a rib or two, hurt her arm pretty badly. Torn off the tip of her pierced ear. She was sure her arm was actually broken, though she used it now. She was just careful.

Perhaps next time you should ask for help. Her tone implied that she understood what he was hinting at. Who was it, Haku? Blunt and to the point. The new Deuce raising her head again.
[html]

She did not pull away and imply that he was what he stated, a monster. A feeling of respect almost came over him. He gazed at the female, but his usual sharp and clear gaze was dazed by the alcohol slowly pulsing through him. Her words surprised him. He could not ask for help, none was willing to sacrifice themselves in bloodshed. Except for Iskata. He had left her behind in the dark. He had wanted to harm the Sadira relative, but not any longer. She had proved to be true to her blood, to him, despite the sins he had committed. She too had received somewhat respect.

Blunt and to the point, Haku could do nothing but answer as best he could. I believe it was the leader of Inferni, though I do not know his name. He had been lazy, he should start gather information. Lazy, lazy incompetent Haku. The demon was not pleased. You seem like you have been harshly treated yourself, Deuce?

[/html]
Gabriel. Gabriel de le Poer. As nasty tempered as a trapped wildcat. She shrugged at his mention of her wounds. I was attacked by a madman. He said I deserved it. She shrugged her good shoulder again, slowly becoming aware of a deep, throbbing pain in her injured arm. I've never seen him before, nor do I care to see him again.

She leaned against him casually, taking care not to jostle him uncomfortably. Her bi-colored gaze sought out his own blue gaze and held it, compelled to silence. She could feel her attraction to him growing more and more everyday.
[html]

His ears flattened slightly. Who were they to decide which beings that deserved death. Of course, Haku had consumed souls and left the bodies empty and cold, but it did not automatically mean that they did not deserve the right to live. Haku was a thief that stole everything, also lives. He was a monster. However, he knew nothing could justify his actions. Some could, if one had the right point of view. Fact was that Haku felt no hatred to Inferni, they were merely a random target. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing he did could be justified, not in his own eyes.

The Inferni leader’s name fitted too well. God’s hand had struck him in that church. He had know at once that he was not welcome. The dark core inside him had wriggled and bled, unholy. A demon. A monster. The female next to him leaned against him. She was a pretty little fae. However, her scent of Twilight was dying. Her bi-colored eyes met his, and the silence filed the air around them, but it did not matter, it was the comfortable way of silence. Do you know the madman’s name? Rapid dogs need to be disposed of. Yes, she was not dumb, she knew what he meant with these words.

[/html]
She felt pleased -and a little touched- that he would make a statement like that. However.... There wasn't exactly time to introduce ourselves, you know. The whole thing was over in less than five minutes. She allowed her eyes to drift shut, not sleeping, just utterly relaxed.

She hadn't felt this relaxed since....before Luicfer got bit by the rattler. That was REALLY when their relationship began going downhill. When she'd first learned about his attraction-cum-fling with Colibri. She hated him for that. For cheating on her, for leaving her. She hated hi for hurting her.
[html]

Life hurt. Life was cruel. Life was ugly. Yet, they all danced around on the boulevard of broken dreams. Most of them, anyway. Haku did not know what love was. Attraction, lust, yes, but love nay. It was just as good. Without tight pink ties, without devotion and friendship, there was no emotional weaknesses. He would not be weak, he was not allowed to. He had to follow the direction he was given and run as fast as he could to please the shadow. He had somewhat failed now, but Haku himself did not see it as a complete fail, as Gabriel had appeared from nowhere when the Dahlia leader already was down on his knees.

Deuce spoke then felt silent, bi colored gaze disappearing behind light eyelids that shut him out. He continued to stroke a few fingers against the soft index of her hand. If you ever find out who he is.. well. Let me know, girl. He closed his own eyes and inhaled deeply, tired of the sickness he had to witness and hear about every day. So much that should be dealt with, he did not have time to heal.

[/html]
She openeed her eyes again, looking at him through her lashes. She wasn't trying to be flirtatious, she wasn't trying to be a bithc. She wasn't trying to be anything in particular, she was just looking. She gave him a soft smile, lifting his hand to her lips and kissing it gently. I will... she said soflty, resting her cheek against their entwined hands.

You need to rest, Haku...close your eyes, I'll be here when you wake. I promise. It was a promise she could and would keep. She would keep any promise for him, anything at all.
[html]

Maybe he had let the shadow consume him too much. Friendship was nothing he knew much of to be completely honest. Alliances without feelings was what he was used to, not .. not much else. He had once loved his own daughter, but he had taken a path that blinded him, and he had hurt her. If she was dead or alive, he did not know, but his once beloved girl would never be able to love him again. He had made sure of that. The worst part is that he had not regretted it at all, not thought about it either when it had been done and he had turned his back to the weeping being on the floor.

Deuce's words would have warmed more if he knew how to feel, to appreciate the honesty behind her words. Yet, in the slightly blurred state of his brain, some of it came through, and it mattered. She promised she would still be here when he woke. He had once tried to take the ivory woman by force, and had somewhat done so, but she had not used it against him when he was at his weakest. He closed his eyes. The last thing he would remember was the hand that held his. Alive and warm. Hers.

[/html]